1 North Steakhouse
322 West Montau Hwy
Hampton Bays, NY 11946Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
1 North Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1northsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6315943419
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday Brunch 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday Dinner 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Christopher Cariello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: On and off-site catering available.
- Entertainment: Live music on Fridays with Erin and Jan, a two piece acoustic duo.
A word from 1 North Steakhouse
Please join us at our family owned steakhouse in Hampton Bays on the Shinnecock Canal! Serving USDA Certified Angus Prime Steaks, local seafood and daily creative specials prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Nightly specials include Tuesday and Sunday 3 Course Prix Fixe Menu, Wednesday Date Night (2 Entrees and a bottle of wine $50), Thursday Tapas, and Friday Happy Hour and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1 North Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (35)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (26)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- notable mentionsyellovetDined on 3/29/2014The overall dining experience went well. We had a party of 8 and a late reservation. The hostess was friendly and accommodating...the female owner not so friendly...my wife had a Cosmo from the bar that was terrible and the bartender (tall guy with no personality) needs to step up his game. Our waitress was great and the entire table had no complaints on the food, however they did run out of garlic mashed potatoes and when dessert was offered they also ran out of the cannoli crepe...however the waitress saved the day by finding one left in the kitchen. It was delicious. There is not much competition for good food on the eastern end of Long Island...we would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thing I have to commentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The only thing I have to comment on there was only one small bathroom which does not work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From to time we got thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014From to time we got there until the time we left we were treated like a customer should, with excellence. The menu was fit for my 12 year old son to my 55 year old husband. Everything we ate from appetizer, dinner and dessert was excellent. WE WILL BE GOING BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Great location, larger restaurant, wonderfull staff, fabulous food 'TOP NOTCH', only problem, the noise level on the very high side. Can be difficult to hold a conversation without speaking loudly and leaning in over the table to be heard by the person opposite you or visa versa. Although they require a response about the noise level, there was no slot for "TOO NOISY"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEQVolunteerDined on 3/27/2014My first time eating @ North 1....Restaurant Week...nice selection offered. Service helpful, friendly & fast. Food delicious... especially the stuffed flounder, and coconut creme burlee. I can't wait to try entree's off the regular menu.....bringing friends the next time around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Need Moreluv2eatDined on 3/25/2014very good restaurants. This one fits the bill. We are in an area where summers are crowded and winters are sparse with people. This leads to most good restaurants closing for the winter and re-opening for summer. This one is open all year round and is very, very good. The service was excellent. Our waitress returning often to see if we needed anything. I'm going back!Special Features:
- ExcellentprincessdiDined on 3/25/2014We celebrated my husband's 65th birthday. The food was excellent and the service was great. Not cheap but was excellent.Special Features:
- Most enjoyableLoripieDined on 3/15/2014We go out very often and have been to many steakhouses. We had 6 people for dinner and there wasn't one complaint about anything. The hostess was very accommodating with our last minute change of reservation and Sarah our waitress was very sweet, nice and did a great job. My only wish would be that the bar NOT be open to watch the chefs grilling the steak..not really necessary and takes away from the ambiance. We are already making plans to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new location!LiznbillDined on 3/15/2014We have enjoyed 1 North on several occasions. This was our first time at their new location. Lots of parking and the interior was nicely done. Glad to see all the old staff there. We had an early reservation and the place was just starting to get busy. By the time we left it was busy and noisy, with people waiting for tables. Menu hasn't changed much. Portions are very generous, so order an appetizer to share if at all. We had glasses of the house wine which were very good. We plan to go many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantjennDined on 3/14/20141 North has excellent food . Definitely have to try. A little pricey but for the quality of food it's worth it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still have work to doRestaurantPIDined on 3/14/2014The food was excellent but I was a little confused about the service. On my fist visit I happened to be late but our waitress was able to serve our table of 5 and send us on to our next appointment. Oh well, I'd be much better prepared next time. On arriving the other night we came with one and a half hours to enjoy their fare. In thinking that was enough time I was sadly mistaken. We were fortunate to have the same waitress again so I was sure she'd move things along at an timely pace. With 4 people at the table and giving our order quickly,I couldn't help but notice the people sat after us had received their food much earlier and even had time to order dessert. Our Waitress then blamed it on the kitchen. Not true! 3 hours next time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice place to eat!Scrambler4548Dined on 3/13/2014This place has Great food.Friendly knowledgeable Service and comfortable seating with room between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad they movedMoNYDined on 3/1/2014Now that they're in East Quogue, I'm happy that I'll be able to visit this restaurant more often. Chris, the Chef, has some amazing dishes on his menu, and the service is always great. Last week we weren't disappointed. Rather than going for a full meal, we opted for salads and lighter fare. My husband's lettuce wedge was a classic with fresh blue cheese dressing and warm bacon, and my caprese salad was equally fresh and yummy (no tired winter tomatoes here). I opted for the filet and lobster sliders (out of this world flavor combo with avocado and gouda), and my husband for the first time tried a burger instead of a steak. He enjoyed it thoroughly. Let's hope that they can maintain the quality now that they've been "discovered".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE'LL BE BACK!!!!ibarbra24VIPDined on 2/22/2014A welcome addition! I live in Westhampton year round and there are very little restaurants that are open in the area throughout the year. Many, like Starr Boggs close for the winter. Yes, its a good 20 minute drive to Hampton Bays for 1 North Steakhouse but its a drive I'll be willing to take! My marinated filet mignon was outstanding! Cooked to perfection… rare + and tender as can be! It came with a starch (baked potato) and a veggie (asparagus) all for $32. My husband had the marinated hanger steak w roasted potatoes and substituted spinach. he raved about it! Overall, you can't beat their prices! The ambiance leaves a little bit to be desired but the food was great and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outNickDined on 2/19/2014It was my first time at 1 North Steakhouse. I've been to many good restaurants over the years. This restaurant was right up there with the best. I was very impressed with their menu, service, and the food was excellent. I will definitely be visiting again sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerfoodyDined on 2/18/2014Prix fix excellent value. Tender steak, nice salmon, desserts. Only complaint having to pay for ice t refill- should be gratis. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go easy on the salt please!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2014Appetizers are superb, especially the bacon wrapped scallops. Would give 5 stars, if not for very salty steaks. Steak cooked excellently and very tender, other than the saltiness, and a lack of a house steak sauce . I will definitely go back, but probably will order something other than steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Diner was a fine dining experience, from the fried oysters that were beyond the best we have ever had to the lobster that was cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend and is a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have beenpauleahDined on 2/14/2014LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have been dining at this resturant for quite a while and never,ever have I had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Excellent meal every time!HB17Dined on 2/12/2014I have dined at 1 North many times and the food is always excellent! The marinated strip steak is my favorite and the creamed spinach is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very pleasantly surprisedronton2Dined on 2/12/2014We were very pleasantly surprised at the new 1 North Steakhouse. Overall great dining experience and we look forward to going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014Delicious food and outstanding service at a very affordable price. Will defiantly go again.Special Features:
- ScubahbDined on 2/6/2014Always a great meal.. A favorite place to take special friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ChrisDined on 2/1/2014They just moved to a larger more open restaurant. Your service depends in the waiter there's one woman who is horrible and there's a wonderful blonde waitress who is very attentive. We have been to the old location at least 6 times. The new one only once. It is very very loud and unfortunately we had the terrible waitress again! So sad because the food is unreal! May go back once more to see if something changes but this summer may be unbareable with the noise level. I hope they fix those two issuesSpecial Features:
- FabulousMichelleDined on 2/1/2014Food is always great at North 1. Great to see they had a packed house on the weekend at their new location. Congrats Chris and Lauren.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, friendly service andParttimeresidentDined on 2/1/2014Food, friendly service and ambiance were typical for a good NewYork City steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food. Wish it wasallie2002Dined on 1/29/2014Love the food. Wish it was closer to my house, but its worth the 45 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW PLACE-SAME GREAT DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014This recently relocated restaurant provided us with a great dining experience. We opted for the table d'hote Wednesday night menu (also called Date Night) and chose the strip steak and herb chicken entrees. Both dishes were very good. This set menu includes a bottle of wine (choose from 4 varietals) but no salad, appetizer or dessert items with the entree, so just be aware. The romantic ambience and soothing décor were a nice bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great!CateringSueDined on 1/23/2014Have yet to be disappointed when dining at 1 North!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!JostaDined on 1/22/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. The tables are a little to close so it's a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but good foodMGD18VIPDined on 1/18/2014We enjoyed the food in the restaurant's former location so we were anxious to have it reopen. The food is still very good and the ambience is so much better now. It was extremely noisy on Saturday night so we will try again on a week night. The noise level will not stop us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go...you'll love it!LocalGalDined on 1/18/2014Love having a good local restaurant that is not over priced, has a warm decor and a well trained staff, as well as a variety and plentiful plate of good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectCBA2005Dined on 1/17/2014We went on a Friday evening. Place was hoping but not to busy where you were so distracted. Food came just the right time. Food was absolutely amazing! The ambience was charming! One of those place you can come in a nice collar shirt witht jeans! Only thing, the GPS through open table sends you across town! Make sure you write WEST (montauk highway)!Special Features:
- Delish!mpthomasDined on 1/11/2014This is a true gem in Hampton Bays. The food, service and ambiance was fantastic. Started with the filet/lobster sliders, followed by the ahi tuna. My hubby had the duck breast and it was DELICIOUS. The restaurant itself was bustling and the prices were pretty affordable.Special Features:
- nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/11/2014We went in the dead of winter ans. The restaurant was packed. No wonder because it was great. Hope we can get in during the seasonSpecial Features:
- Great SteakPleasedDined on 1/11/2014Had the filet mignon very pleased cooked to order glad they moved closer to me new location much larger more comfortableSpecial Features:
- Food good, wine not so much...JuliaBVIPDined on 1/11/2014The steaks were good quality and prepared to the requested temperature. The red wines by the glass were quite expensive ($14 for a Malbec) and tasteless. The restaurant was too dark and very noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- North One Yum YumGodmompart2Dined on 1/8/2014I have ate at their other location and loved it there. The food was still great but when a little cool when we received it. Love how you get to see the cooks in action and the bar is still a popular place. More room and nice atmosphere, but I kind of miss the small place they had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!Renebeanie1Dined on 1/5/2014As always, the food was great! The place was moderately busy, but we were served in a timely manner. Our server was very pleasant and friendly. We had a wonderful time celebrating Mom's 85 th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly Good 5 *****PCH50Dined on 12/31/2013I have eaten here many times and it has never disappointed me yet. Warm rolls come out with a Pesto oil for dipping which is very nice for a change. Their wine list is big with very good wines to choose from. The Filet Mignon which I usually order cuts like butter and is cooked exactly to the way ordered. The scallops wrapped in bacon for an appetizer was great. The Iceberg wedge with Blue Cheese Dressing comes out ice cold and very crisp. Creme Brulee or Chocolate Mousse for dessert is always perfect and so good. Presentation of the food is very nice. The service is very good and are very pleasant. I don't usually write any reviews for a restaurant but this time I feel it is well deserved. I would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.