1 North Steakhouse
322 West Montau Hwy
Hampton Bays, NY 11946Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
1 North Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1northsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6315943419
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Sunday Brunch 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday Dinner 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Christopher Cariello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: On and off-site catering available.
- Entertainment: Live music on Fridays with Erin and Jan, a two piece acoustic duo.
A word from 1 North Steakhouse
Please join us at our family owned steakhouse in Hampton Bays on the Shinnecock Canal! Serving USDA Certified Angus Prime Steaks, local seafood and daily creative specials prepared by our professionally trained chefs. Nightly specials include Tuesday and Sunday 3 Course Prix Fixe Menu, Wednesday Date Night (2 Entrees and a bottle of wine $50), Thursday Tapas, and Friday Happy Hour and live music.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1 North Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (39)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (26)romantic (20)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointingLove2eatDined on 5/29/2014The restaurant is very attractive and inviting. The bar area is large and comfortable. The staff is pleasant and professional. Everyone was attentive to our party's needs but unfortunately the food was way below average and several portions were served cold and had to be sent back. We were hoping for a more positive experience because there is a shortage of good restaurants in the Westhampton area. I don't think I would recommend it to any of my friendsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014It was a wonderful evening, every thing was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodbeachnutDined on 5/27/2014This is my favorite steakhouse. I can always count on a great meal, and great service. I love the cranberry rolls and flatbread. The filet mignon sliders are a must along with the lobster mac and cheese. Steaks and burgers are primo, cooked the way you like them, juicy and delicious. Great place for an intimate dinner or group. Be sure to make reservations, this place gets very busy. You can have a drink at the bar and watch the chefs prepare dinners. It's cozy but spacious. Family owned and operated. They offer many specials, so check their web site. I think you'll be very pleased with this restaurant. If you've never been to 1 North, please give it a try. We've never been disappointed!Special Features:
- 1 North Steakhouse...AWESOME!PleasedPatronDined on 5/24/2014Wife and I went there to celebrate our 21st anniversary. Food was great, as was the service and the atmosphere. Will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:
- LongtimerLongtimerVIPDined on 5/24/2014The ambiance of the new site is a marked improvement. The steaks continue to be excellent. The caesar salad was inedible. The cheese was cut too wide, the dressing spilled over the edge, and the lettuce was uncut, makng it difficult to reduce to edible sizes with spilling dressing all over the table. The dressing was too heavy and over powered the rest of the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food- staff could be betterAppleBobVIPDined on 5/24/2014the food is very good here. The staff was OK. They sat us at a table I did not like because it was directly in the sun when I asked to switch to one of the many available tables not in the sun they said they couldn't so we decided to leave and then they gave us a table not in the sun and it was FINE. no one cared- the food was very good and you get a lot of it. there is a nice bar up front w TVs to watch sports etc.. and a nice bar menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the steakGlutenfreeVIPDined on 5/24/2014After a tasty appetizer, I was very disappointed when I tried my entree. How can a steak restaurant serve a terrible steak? It was flavorless and it wasn't tender. We will never go back!
- BillDined on 5/21/2014Always enjoyable. Great food and great service. qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqSpecial Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the 1 North Steakhouse reviews archive.
- A solid 3 Star and 4 WannabeBasicChefDined on 5/17/2014The food was the best part. The wait staff very nice, but unable to smoothly handle the Saturday night crush, but I think that had more to do with a kitchen that was having a hard time keeping up. Ambiance is also good, warm. Despite the carpeting, the noise level was quiet loud, but these are New Yorkers at dinner and they are a loud bunch and I am one of them and I guess somewhat used to it after a lifetime of loud restaurant dinners. A lo-o-ong wait from ordering to appetizers. Steak was perfectly cooked, kudos there, and once the crush was over, our party of six old friends enjoyed just hanging, so that is good. I would say it is a 3+ star, not quite four. WE will be back.Special Features:
- Great choiceMETagsDined on 5/17/2014I read a review on 1 north and was intrigued. I suggested the restaurant to our friends and we were all pleasantly surprised with the food and service. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Great RestuarantLynneDined on 5/15/2014Excellent Restuarant with great food & service one of our favorite places for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed thoughtsCharlieRDined on 5/11/2014upon entering this restaurant the first thing noticed is the kitchen and bar. we had reservations and had no problems being seated. we were greeted quickly for our drink order. the restaurant was very hot. it had ceiling flood lights on and could have been dimmed as it was very bright outside still. the steaks were cooked to our liking. i was dissapointed in the baked potato. it had a hard crust and was obviously not baked. the fresh vegetables were very good as were the salads and appetizers. we were looking forward to finding a great steak restaurant on the east end. sadly we are still searching.Special Features:
- scrumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Prime rib was outstanding and oyster app was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out.Thriftyfoodie1Dined on 5/8/2014Our service was warm and welcoming, appetizer and main courses were excellent! No room for dessert though so I cannot comment on that selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousErinliDined on 5/7/2014Great food. really delicious and big portions. Cool looking place inside just a very very rude hostess so I couldn't give it 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Hampton baysGemini16VIPDined on 5/4/2014Love the new spot for north 1. Great friendly staff, amazing food, nice bar area. Excellent restaurant week menu! It drew us back more than onceSpecial Features:
- servicebertDined on 5/4/2014we were 5mins late for our reservations and you would have thought that it was half an hour. we got repremanded like children. we were told that they were very busy and were all booked up. well, there were many empty tables through out the resturant. maybe there were later reservations.....and when we were greeting upon arrival the first thing the hostess says is....do you have a reservation? no friendly greeting. we said yes gave our name and then were told we were late. i didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling right off the bat. so my evening after that was pretty much ruined because of the way it started. i do have to say that the food was good but thats about it.
- Comfortable and deliciousPeteratthebeachDined on 5/3/2014Comfortable atmosphere, great friendly crew and good food!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2014The waitress was great. Knowledgeable &fun . The food was delicious & great portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014Wonderful service. Great Food. Warm and friendly atmosphere. Steaks are incredible. First time in years I ordered medium and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2014Went for restaurant week had a great menu , We enjoyed sliders and oyster rockefeller as apps. Veal Chop and lobster and scallops risotto as mains . if you have a chance goSpecial Features:
- North 1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Delicious food. We waited half an hour after ordering but when the appetizer (oysters Rockefeller ) arrived it was very tasty. Our entrees were wonderful, cooked exactly the way we ordered them and those steaks were amazing. Lobster done to perfection. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Best Steak everKrazykrautDined on 4/19/2014Been going to 1 North for years. It's in a new location now and is beautiful. The food and service has always been good and still is. A great menu and there is not better Steak anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014We have been to this restaurant many many times and the food and friendly atmosphere is always consistant. The food was great and Liz was her usual self making us feel welcome and comfortable. It was our first time at the new location and it was lovely. We would recommend this place and look forward to our return visit.Special Features:
- YummyFoodieDined on 4/13/2014We had three different salads and they were all excellent,two people had the shrimp with the Pernod sauce they both loved it, another person had steak and sprouts and she raved about it being so good, and I had the Duck which was absolutely delicious,. We all loved what you had done to the restaurant, it looked fabulous, we will deffinately return soon.Special Features:
- Hampton Latest ReviewBellameDined on 4/5/2014One North Steak House is a vibrant atmosphere, if you want a quiet romantic dinner, this is not the place to dine. If you are a people watcher and like to mix with the crowd, you will be very entertained and comfortable with the atmosphere at 1 North SteakHouse. Menu is exciting and interesting, and diversified, the food is very good. The service is okay, although when I was there it was very crowded and may have had a lot to do with the inattentive service, at out table.Special Features:
- Service good to poorNewlureviewVIPDined on 4/5/2014We really like this restaurant not least for it's well run front of house. The food is even better in a new location. But on this last occasion the service started out great from our waitress and from the time they cleared our entrees to getting the check ou waitress all but disappeared. Too long a wait to even request the check. Looks like they need to re-train at a larger restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnersouthamptoneaterDined on 4/3/2014Great spot for lovely food, nice atmosphere, friendly service and great value for your money. Easy access for those with mobility issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local StarMead12Dined on 3/30/2014The entire experience was great.. Easy reservation process , quick response I North was such a great experience from checking in, to the servers .. And the food and choices were especially exciting... But the desserts... Oh my goodness !!!! Definitely not WW... And DE- licious !!! Am returning for an organization's Spring brunch... Can't wait !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit...nice atmosphere...appOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2014First visit...nice atmosphere...appreciate the open kitchen feel....spinach salad was delightful...burger was dry..hated the onion rings.risotto was good but salty..scallops were overdone.Cowfish steaks are superior but the sauce options here were excellent. desserts were mediocre.The hostess was lovely...service OK .we will give them the benefit of the doubt and try again for the fish options next time.the website has the wrong address. big turnoff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- notable mentionsyellovetDined on 3/29/2014The overall dining experience went well. We had a party of 8 and a late reservation. The hostess was friendly and accommodating...the female owner not so friendly...my wife had a Cosmo from the bar that was terrible and the bartender (tall guy with no personality) needs to step up his game. Our waitress was great and the entire table had no complaints on the food, however they did run out of garlic mashed potatoes and when dessert was offered they also ran out of the cannoli crepe...however the waitress saved the day by finding one left in the kitchen. It was delicious. There is not much competition for good food on the eastern end of Long Island...we would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only thing I have to commentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The only thing I have to comment on there was only one small bathroom which does not work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From to time we got thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014From to time we got there until the time we left we were treated like a customer should, with excellence. The menu was fit for my 12 year old son to my 55 year old husband. Everything we ate from appetizer, dinner and dessert was excellent. WE WILL BE GOING BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Great location, larger restaurant, wonderfull staff, fabulous food 'TOP NOTCH', only problem, the noise level on the very high side. Can be difficult to hold a conversation without speaking loudly and leaning in over the table to be heard by the person opposite you or visa versa. Although they require a response about the noise level, there was no slot for "TOO NOISY"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEQVolunteerDined on 3/27/2014My first time eating @ North 1....Restaurant Week...nice selection offered. Service helpful, friendly & fast. Food delicious... especially the stuffed flounder, and coconut creme burlee. I can't wait to try entree's off the regular menu.....bringing friends the next time around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Need Moreluv2eatDined on 3/25/2014very good restaurants. This one fits the bill. We are in an area where summers are crowded and winters are sparse with people. This leads to most good restaurants closing for the winter and re-opening for summer. This one is open all year round and is very, very good. The service was excellent. Our waitress returning often to see if we needed anything. I'm going back!Special Features:
- ExcellentprincessdiDined on 3/25/2014We celebrated my husband's 65th birthday. The food was excellent and the service was great. Not cheap but was excellent.Special Features:
- Most enjoyableLoripieDined on 3/15/2014We go out very often and have been to many steakhouses. We had 6 people for dinner and there wasn't one complaint about anything. The hostess was very accommodating with our last minute change of reservation and Sarah our waitress was very sweet, nice and did a great job. My only wish would be that the bar NOT be open to watch the chefs grilling the steak..not really necessary and takes away from the ambiance. We are already making plans to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new location!LiznbillDined on 3/15/2014We have enjoyed 1 North on several occasions. This was our first time at their new location. Lots of parking and the interior was nicely done. Glad to see all the old staff there. We had an early reservation and the place was just starting to get busy. By the time we left it was busy and noisy, with people waiting for tables. Menu hasn't changed much. Portions are very generous, so order an appetizer to share if at all. We had glasses of the house wine which were very good. We plan to go many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantjennDined on 3/14/20141 North has excellent food . Definitely have to try. A little pricey but for the quality of food it's worth it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.