Savory Square Bistro
32 Depot Square
Hampton, NH 03842Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Savory Square Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savorysquarebistro.com/
- Phone: 6039262202
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Heidi 6039262202
A word from Savory Square Bistro
Bonjour! Located on NH's beautiful seacoast, The Bistro provides guests with a cozy and quaint dining experience. We have a small candlelit dining room and a separate room for the lounge which offers the full menu, has high tables, two TV's, a fireplace and a 14 seat bar. Relax and enjoy a fine multi-course meal in the dining room or pop into the bar for a beer and an appetizer...The Bistro's casual yet elegant atmosphere welcomes all who enjoy good food, good wine, and good times! Bon Appetit! Open Tuesday-Saturday. Dinner only. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Savory Square Bistro - Best Restaurants in Hampton ›
Savory Square Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (36)special occasion (32)romantic (27)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Our Favorite.KarandeDined on 4/20/2014Whether it's a burger in the bar or Easter buffet with our entire family (ages 8 months to 63 years), this is our favorite place. It is close to home, but the food rivals anything you would find in Boston, Newburyport or Portsmouth. The staff is warm and friendly. The bar is beautiful but small enough to keep the noise under control. The restaurant is also small but homey. We would recommend Savory Square to anyone for any occasion, or no occasion at all!Special Features:
- EasterBuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014The Easter Buffet was delicious! A good variety of all flavors. Was just a little cool when we had our main course but that what happens in a buffet.Special Features:
- SirLBTaftDined on 4/20/2014We were looking to try this place for awhile and went for the Easter Dinner. We will be going back again soon. Food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Have always enjoyed Savory Square Bistro until Easter Brunch and I would not recommend going for the brunch. The room is really too small to be able to get up and move freely, so each table was called to main food table one at a time for each course. Really didn't feel free to get up and have seconds if you were interested. I find their food usually very good but it was mediocre Sunday. Lamb was overcooked, the best part were the appetizers. Our waiter was attentive, the wine good . We were a party of four and were in and out in an hour...not a relaxed meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way treasure2FoodiesDined on 4/19/2014We truly enjoyed out experience at the Savory Square Bistro. Our server was Craig and he did an excellent job keeping us happy. We chose to do only appetizers for our first visit. This allows us to experience many different tastes. We were not disappointed. We started with the Charcuterie Board. Perfect! We had the Scallops, and the Lobster & Wild Mushroom Croustade. Both delicious. We also got the Beet and Arugula salad. As everything else, it was tasty. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction plus at Savory Bistrobestlifeat62Dined on 4/12/2014Loved this small, intimate place. Gourmet food, great wine list, good music in the bar area with a separate dining area if you don't want to hear the music. Service was so attentive and welcoming - made us feel very special. A great, warm neighborhood crowd. I'll be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu this nightLoopyDined on 4/12/2014We invited two friends that had not been to Savory Sq Bistro. We had been there twice and wanted to share the good experience. Sadly, the waiter informed us that the menu choices were limited because they were shifting to a spring menu. Thus, several of our favorite choices were not available - however, no specials or new spring items were yet available as replacements. We were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFANtasticDined on 4/10/2014Savory Square Bistro is now my favorite local restaurant. The food is amazing and the service is excellent. I've dined there 4 or 5 times and I always walk out very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit and we'll go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Despite the business of a late Saturday night, the Maitre d', Brian, was calm, warm and welcoming, really focused on us as we entered. Our server Craig ! Craig had expert knowledge of the menu, local cuisine and inishgt into ingredients and various dishes we asked about. he ws busy but never rushed us and we asked a lot of questions before ordering! The char!cuterie appetizer was a foot long plus board which would actually feed four or a meal for one. He was also abe to advise specific nature of how to choose their best martini. I would definitely go back. Gven the volume of diners, the quality was outstanding from the chef. The specials and signature lists were super. AND the pot de creme threesome were absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Make it a point to visit!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014It was our first time there. We will be frequenting it from now on. I would have to say it is the best dining on the seacoast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best placePegdDined on 3/26/2014Food and staff are the best. The night we went it was very busy but the food arrived quickly the presentation was perfect. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceCLThomasDined on 3/26/2014A feast of colors, an okra/ pumpkin room, interesting wall treatments, quaint bistro tables welcomed us. We dined off a 3-course menu designed to support the high school's Chem Free, with interesting and varied choices. I enjoyed the french onion soup, delicious with a rich, aromatic broth and nice blend of cheeses baked to perfection. My steak au poivre was sliced thin and fanned out with french fries and asparagus,nice presentation and prepared perfectly. Poached pear with creme fresh and berries, the perfect light finish. They tweaked the menu for my GF diet, but waitstaff was a bit forgetful and slow. We will go back, but probably eat in the bar. Looking forward to sampling the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll like this place!mangiDined on 3/22/2014Have been here a number of times and each time it is a wonderful experience, food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend it when talking of local places to eat. It is our go-to place! Thanks for being in Hampton.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Savory Square Bistro was exactly what we hoping it would be - excellent food, not too loud, cozy dining area, and pleasant service. Highly recommend the seafood nachos appetizer (I hear it will be in the regular rotation soon). We'll be heading back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory Square BistrodiningexcelDined on 3/8/2014relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. outstanding menu with wide variety of dishes. duck l'orange outstanding!! as was the cedar plank salmon. superb presentation of each dish. superb service also. never been disappointed in dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!localsDined on 3/1/2014Our dinner was fabulous. Everything was well prepared, presented beautifully, and tasted exceptionally delicious. Each dish was beautifully customized. The amuse bouche to start us off was superb. The seasoned butter with the bread was tasty. All of our entrees were perfectly cooked and very tasty. We split three different desserts and all were fabulous. An overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationGregDined on 2/27/2014The Monday through Thursday special was as amazing as the food. I walked out having had a bottle of wine and a three course meal that was the best I had in a long while for a surprisingly small amount. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dine!FDlovRDined on 2/26/2014We love the Savory Square Bistro! The name doesn't give it justice. This is truly a fine restaurant full of class. The food is wonderful and the service is too. I love that it is small and intimate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely time!cjmvgDined on 2/22/2014First visit to Savory Square and was very impressed. A cozy atmosphere, relaxed with great service and excellent food. The menu was eclectic and inventive without being too far from our comfort zone. Would definitely return when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindExeterEatersDined on 2/22/2014We did not know this place existed until we got a gift certificate. It was excellent! Food and service were exemplary. The scallops and risotto were perfect, We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FDlovRDined on 2/20/2014We eat out often and really enjoy the finer restaurants. This is our favorite! Excellent food and service. The staff is not only very professional but super friendly too. We highly recommend The Savory Square Bistro!Special Features:
- a real jewelDelishDined on 2/19/2014The service and food were exceptional. Their "Winter Warmer" specials were a bargain for two people with several choices for 3 courses. A bottle of wine added for $15.00 with great choices. Cannot wait to go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was excellent. ServiceBillTDined on 2/15/2014The Food was excellent. Service was very good. Compliments to Brian our greeter and server. He was the best. Will go again. A great locals spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare findbirthdayRomanceDined on 2/15/2014The seacoast doesn't offer a whole lot of fine dining choices. The Savory Square Bistro offers table linens, romantic atmosphere, and excellent service. Don't forget the reservation though- it's a small place! I'd give it an overall A rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Neighborhood FavoriteLynnDined on 2/15/2014Always good, always enjoyable, Savory Square never offers a bad meal. If 4.5 stars were possible, that would be my rating only because there are one or two even more special in the area. I would definitely recommend without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night out...NOT!Diner108Dined on 2/15/2014Arrived on time for reservation,no table available, so whats the point of Open Table Seated with another couple (who were offered to move to another table) at a table for four Waitress/kitchen who knows? messed up the appetizer order, so we had our soup and salad first Basically 55 minutes from the time we sat down till we were served food, couple seated with us was well into 2nd course Bread was straight from a bag, French Onion soup should have been called Worcestershire Soup, which we sent back For the price, food was OK, no better than other places, no WOW factor. Have you ever had the feeling that once they realized they messed up that you were basically ignored the rest of the night? Never again, too many other restaurants out there
- Valentines DinnervittlesDined on 2/14/2014Despite a reservation we didn't get seated for 30 minutes. The bar was very noisy and crowded. Understandable for the holiday to be so busy, to a point. This is my favorite restaurant, but on this night it was not exactly what I had hoped for. Our table had no flowers, as did all the others, no bread to start as usual, and the dining was rushed.Special Features:
- fine dinningjolinDined on 2/14/2014My wife is a great cook and as such we only eat out at 2 places in NH and the savory sq bistro is one of them Joe and Linda Dover,nhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date night!JlcbelleDined on 2/14/2014Fabulous food and atmosphere! Will definitely be back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V-day: butternut squash ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014V-day: butternut squash ravioli is amazing. We had to sit in the bar area which was overcrowded but did have live music which was very nice. So good we went there twice this week. Charcuterie board and risotto are also fantastic.Special Features:
- Food is beyond spectacularpuddytatDined on 2/14/2014We have been here multiple times. My husband is all about food and the presentation. I cannot say enough about the food here. It is all good. We have never had a bad meal. Our Valentine's day dinner was exceptional. Four course meal with asparagus soup with lobster, salad with fried oysters with mandarin orange and homemade dressing, sea bass with lobster ravioli and broccolini, and lavender ice cream with raspberry compote and heart shaped strawberries. The seating is intimate, but you must call for reservations since there are not many tables. You can also take a cooking class here which we have done as couple that is a lot of fun. Go and enjoy. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went the night of a stormhungryDined on 2/13/2014We went the night of a storm so only the bar room was open. It was a great experience. The meal was superb and was served by the chef! It was very cozy, friendly and a relaxed atmosphere. We enjoyed the first time bartender who was the chef's wife. She made us feel very welcome and did a great job with the drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambitious Food - Not for Everyone.STDinerDined on 2/12/2014They try too hard to make the food unique and special and remind you of that so expectations get raised to the point of it becomes nearly impossible to live up to the hype about it. Despite raves from the waitress about the bread, the bread seemed ordinary and the butter was so loaded with garlic I actually spit it out. And so went the rest of the meal: too special and precious for me. Couldn't get a plain lettuce tomato and cuke salad - tomatoes were marinated and tasted "funny" and the balsamic dressing also was weird - made with vanilla, etc. Main course (lamb) too small and focused on presentation & sauce instead of substance. Desserts OTOH were excellent and large, however. Guess I'm just not a fan of French-type food.Special Features:
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Highly recommended by friends, and we were not disappointed. All three courses were top flight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingJimRDined on 2/11/2014The Bistro is a gem that is a bit hidden. It is worth finding if you enjoy food and dining out. I would recommend without hesitation.Special Features:
- great food and great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014excellent food and beautiful menu in an elegant yet laid back atmosphere. I would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Always a Delight!MaysieDined on 2/8/2014I enjoy Savory Square Bistro with friends and for quiet nights with my husband! My husband really likes the homemade dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat.CrispyDined on 2/8/2014It is on the ritzier side but not unreasonable. I would not recommend bringing children. Very Romantic quiet atmosphere. The food is delicious. Waitress wAs a little slow but it was busy. I would go again. They have specials during the Week that are really reasonable. Try it you'll love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY ENJOYABLE EXPERIANCE. FOODSTEVEDined on 2/4/2014VERY ENJOYABLE EXPERIANCE. FOOD WAS GREAT. STAFF WAS ACCOMADATING. SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITmartinimomDined on 2/1/2014Food was great, service spectacular, service workers were incredibly warm. I read a lot of reviews about serving sizes being small and that was most definitely not the case. I was counting on getting dessert but between the yummy drinks and food I just didn't have room. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.