Fire & Ice Restaurant, Bar, and Lounge
312 Market St
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AsianPrice: $30 and under
Fire & Ice Restaurant, Bar, and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fireandicephilly.com/
- Phone: 267-273-1003x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 4P-10P
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary Asian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: C. Nguyen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Executive Chef, Christopher Nguyen, has been recognized for his cutting edge culinary creativity and outstanding presentation of food, delighting you and your guests. Whether you choose to feast on traditional fare or dishes that reflect contemporary ideas, Chef Chris will put a personal touch to your event that is guaranteed to please.
- Entertainment: Bringing the Next Evolution of Dining and Entertainment to Old City!
- Special Events: Events by Fire and Ice provides full services including party planning and event management. So whether you are planning a wedding, corporate event, fundraiser, or a social affair, Events by Fire and Ice will walk you through the challenges of designing a most unforgettable event.
A word from Fire & Ice Restaurant, Bar, and Lounge
Fire and Ice Restaurant, Bar & Lounge is located in the heart of Old City, on Market Street. Executive Chef Christopher Nguyen creates modern Asian cuisine, inspired by the culinary traditions of Southeast Asia, Thailand, and Vietnam. Our restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, and our spacious Event Hall hosts all forms of public and private events, for parties of 45-250.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fire & Ice Restaurant, Bar, and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice surprise!JamieDined on 12/31/2013Great cocktails, delicious food and wonderful service. We went in knowing nothing about this place and were very pleasantly surprised! As much as I try to branch out, I can't usually resist getting pad thai--so I have had a lot of pad thai, and this was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and divineKatieDined on 12/31/2013Chef and menu a 9.5 out of 10.0-- absolutely delicious striped bass and ginger apple dessert as part of New Year's Eve menu. Food and ambience worth the trip in the cold to the city. Service staff, whilefriendly, could use more coaching. Overall wonderful experience, will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodBeatrizDined on 12/21/2013tasty and innovative asian menu with lotsmof vegetarian options. reasonable portions and prices. it took a while to get served but the waitress made up for it by not charging us for any drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real TreatCandMDined on 10/8/2013This restaurant has a very pleasant staff and an interesting menu. My salmon dish was delicious and everything was artistically presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience, Interesting menuHighSignDined on 9/27/2013Fire and Ice is beautifully decorated with a really nice bar. The happy hour deals are exceptional and the mix of Asian and American cuisine was fun and delicious. I love Korean food, so I was happy to see some Korean fusion dishes on the menu. The service was very friendly and quick. The bar filled up almost immediately on Friday night and it got very loud, but since we were eating at the bar, we should have anticipated that. I will definitely be going back to try out more food on the menu. The prices were very reasonable--many times less than $10 for an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern AsianpatThaiDined on 9/22/2013Loved the spices and herb combinations. I had the shrimp crepe with a special ginger.Special Features:
- TerribleRestaurantguruDined on 9/22/2013I have been to a lot of places for restaurant week and I honestly have to say fire and ice has been my worst experience. The salad I got was lettuce with hot sauce and pork rinds. The chicken pad Thai was so dry I couldn't even eat it ... And the dessert donuts were hard as rocks and tasted worse than stale dunkin donuts munchkins. The walls of the restaurant were plain and boring and the vibe was horrible. I hope whoever takes this review seriously because I would never ever come back to this place and I have already steered friends away who asked me about it. The quality of food there was just so bad and my overall dining experience was horrible. When I got there I honestly couldn't wait to go home.
- The food was ok. The servicejimboDined on 9/20/2013The food was ok. The service was not good. I stood at the entrance for 5 minutes before a host greeted us. The staff was friendly, but poorly trained.
- Great New SpotFrequentfoodieDined on 9/20/2013Beautiful new Bar/restaurant in Old City serving Thai food. Despite being served the next table's food three times, the service was amazing. Zelda, our server, was friendly and always has what we needed. My only complaint is the seating is a little tight, especially behind the bar. My entree was not as warm as I would've liked, but it was delicious. The caramel apple martinis were outstanding. Despite the "problems," it was still one of my better dining experiences. I'll return.Special Features:
- Just adequate at bestPhillyWashWestFoodieDined on 9/18/2013So sad that this restaurant has lost it's way. Curry Chicken was filled with potato fillers and was bland and nearly meatless. Grilled vegetables were pleasant and well prepared - but overtook the remainder of the meal. Bartender service especially was friendly, but when the salad course was entirely missed and served after the main entree' we were miffed. Waiter was focused on his buddies out on the curb side - seemed perplexed that we were concerned with the order of the dishes. Great location - maybe the owner is only going after the night club business?? Look for the "For Rent" sign soon.Special Features:
- fun for friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2013Nice atmosphere and modern, dark lighting. Went with 3 coworkers and we thought it might be nice for groups or first dates. Food was good and priced right for the quality. We were concerned about the new staff and their learning professionalism....provide more training on the menu!!Special Features:
- Delicious but Undecideddwgallo7Dined on 9/7/2013Recently dined at Fire and Ice on a Saturday night, but were surprised that there were very few people in the dining area. A much larger area to the back of the building was a club or lounge, which had not opened yet. The staff was friendly and helpful and the food was very, very tasty. With such a yummy selection, it was surprising that not more attention/space was given to the dining area as opposed to the night club. Overall, it was a nice spot for dinner in the city; I think that Fire and Ice would benefit from deciding on a direction (either restaurant or night club) and focus a bit more on establishing their identity. They have a great staff and some talent in the kitchen, so they have nice potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner for twoCoralieDined on 8/14/2013I found this restaurant through Living Social, as we are sushi enthusiasts I wanted to try it. The food was really good, it was quite dark and the music was pretty loud at first. I would say it is more a bar/club than a restaurant but we had a good diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at Fire and IceSageDined on 8/7/2013We had a living social deal and chose to take my bosses out. They were very accommodating to our deal and helped us understand it. All the staff were very fun, personable and great characters. The food was delicious, but I couldn't quite figure out the scene. Things were dropped multiple times, someone was pacing while feeding a baby and it a had a busy feel while being pretty empty. I was also inspired to play laser tag. It was a good experience, and I'm sure i'll find myself there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale asiansublimeX4meVIPDined on 7/23/2013Not many diners in the restaurant. The service was excellent and the food arrived promptly. The only thing that made our time less enjoyable was the very loud and rowdy group of women at the bar. Halfway through our dinner they left which made it a much more pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of goodies to try!JOChesterCountyDined on 6/29/2013Charming host and service, interesting atmosphere, lots of fun things to try on the menu (Asian-Fusion app's and small plates, as well as more traditional Asian fare), and really reasonable prices make this a great place to stop in for a drink and snacks or a full meal. There's also a dance club in the back, we were there too early to see what it was like. Our appetizers included the special of the night, sauteed marinated chanterelles with truffles and onions on crostini, which was really delightful. Staff was a little inexperienced but pleasant and aimed to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeCrspikerDined on 6/28/2013The trendy bar has a great drink selection with great HH specials. The staff was even more amazing and very personable. The host was great as long as the server.Special Features:
- Creative menu, well executedjacintVIPDined on 6/22/2013A gamble on a new restaurant with friends whose tastes we really didn't know paid off handsomely. Everything from the (Saturday evening!) Happy Hour small bites through to the main dishes were inventive, well-designed and wonderfully tasty. The service was swift, accurate and careful. Absolutely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave me a happy birthday...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013I really enjoyed my self along with my friends we only went for dinner but the manager gave my friends and I no cover access to a private event in back which was excellent because we wanted to dance and were trying to figure out our next move our waiters was a little overwhelmed which we understood But I did really have a good time and we got there after my reservations so were only allowed the late night menu which were little appetizers but they were pretty good I actual plan to go back to actually eat dinner lol...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice serviceTarzansgirlVIPDined on 5/30/2013I'd hoped this would be like "Pod East" and while the cooking is good, it's not a "wow." The servers were all very nice and helpful. I think this is really more a club/nightspot that happens to serve good food in moderate portions than a true restaurant. If you are starving you'll have to order ALOT of food to fill up, but at least everything was nicely prepared. Oddly, my Apple Martini tasted more of Frangelica than apples, but hopefully that won't happen on my next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people! Awesome experience!Luv2MangiaVIPDined on 5/18/2013We had an amazing time!. I attended a fundraising for the Liver Foundation in Philadelphia a few weeks back. It was a great event where tables of 12 had their own restaurant / chef cook for them. At the last minute the restaurant that we were supposed to have backed out and left the foundation high and dry. The team at Fire and Ice was contacted 5 hours before the event and asked if they would be interested in filling the void...Graciously they agreed!! I'm so glad they did! Kim the owner, Chris the chef and their team did an incredible job. I was so impressed that I went to the restaurant Saturday night with my kids. We let Chris loose on a tasting menu for us. What an experience! Cant wait to go back! Highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet, sexy atmospheresexyDined on 5/18/2013Good asian-fusion, somewhat upscale and reasonable prices. All our dishes were good. Though we missed the dessert because our waitress seemed to drag her heels at then end in spite of our saying we were in a hurry. Liked the look and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Not Ready for Prime TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/12/2013We booked for the Mother's Day Brunch. They were not ready to serve or accommodate our party when we arrived for our reservation. The table wasn't ready nor was the buffet. We had to wait for almost 20 minutes before we were approached after seating by the wait staff. Part of the problem was that the buffet was far from being ready to present to the guests. While the food was decent, the entire experience reeked of inexperience. They were aware our family was unhappy and while they scrambled to try and rectify the situation, they didn't really do "anything" for us. They shouldn't have presented themselves for a MD location if they couldn't deliver. I'll not return.
- The ambience for dinner isMitchdishVIPDined on 5/11/2013The ambience for dinner is a bit stark but the food is delicious.Special Features:
- To much noiseErnestVIPDined on 5/4/2013The noise leel was to high in the restaurant part. There is a bar/lounge in back separated by a solid structure but they pipe the music to the restaurant part. Don't need it and it takes away from the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed myselfsjthomas394VIPDined on 5/4/2013This was my first time there, my boyfriend and I stopped by for lunch. The service was great! If you get Aaron as yor waiter, he's the best! Drinks are great, I highly recommend the Lettuce Wrap, OMG! The Malaysian Fried Rice was great too. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for gluten free andMitchdishVIPDined on 4/26/2013Great for gluten free and veggie. The fish portion was very small with a lot of rice. The chef puts tons of taste into each bite so we didn't mind. But, if you really like fish, chicken or beef note the portions are small.Special Features:
- I went to this place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I went to this place to celebrate my birthdate w/ a few friends, and we all LOVED IT!!! The main chef (Chris) came out to greet us, and made suggestions, clarified certain items on the menu (he had just changed the menu two weeks prior). The proportions were decent, prices were reasonable, and the staff was very friendly!!! I would totally go here again!!!Special Features:
- Yum yumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013The total experience was wonderful. The service was stellar, the ambiance was lovely and the food was very tasty. Chef Chris came over to introduce jinself and make sure we were enjoying ourselves, our waiter Aaron was just fantastic and hostess Irina friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- First time here, place wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013First time here, place was DEAD at 7:30pm on a Saturday (guess it's more of a nightclub scene). Nevertheless the food was very good, small portions but really tasty. We went on Valentines Day weekend, so there was a special going on ($40 per person for app, dinner & dessert with free champagne). But the specialty drinks are CRAZY expensive & obviously not priced out on the menu- totally jacked the price of our bill from $80 to $130 (and I had one drink, my boyfriend had 2). I think my drink was $12 and his were $16 each, ouch. Probably won't go again but it wasn't a bad experience. Probably more fun to come later at night too.Special Features:
- Amazing food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Great food -- amazing chef! I was cautiously optimistic of the food but was totally blown away!
- Give This New Place A TrycodergrrlDined on 2/6/2013I happened upon this place because my friend is a Vegetarian and this was the closest restaurant with availability and some dishes that he would like. I was pleasantly surprised by the vibrant decor and the delicious food. My only complaint is that the menu is a bit limited but I was told that it would be expanding as the business grew.Special Features:
- Up & Coming Hotspot!FondueDined on 2/2/2013It's new so it was a bit quiet but it's very cute! Has great potential to be a hot spot! I can't wait to experience the lounge portion! The good was superb!the staff was amazing and very alert! I had totally forgot that I had mentioned it was an early bday thing for my friend and she was totally happy that the staff and chef acknowledged it! Great location! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Loved the flavors of the creamedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Loved the flavors of the creamed celery root and Thai noodles! Mushroom spring rolls we also great. Dessert wasn't great though presentation was fabulous. I don't like the bar scene so much and I think when more people are there it will be more pronounced.Special Features: