Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church
1077 W. Broad Street
Falls Church, VA 22043Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.currymantra2.com/
- Phone: 7039920077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian, Unspecified
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for Office / Private Parties & any other occasions.
A word from Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church
Curry Mantra 2 is an Indian Restaurant that is beyond the ordinary and specializes in India’s Regional Curries. We offer a great selection of Wines which goes well with our Indian Curry dishes. Experience the exceptional service, unique taste & elegant upscale decor while watching our live kitchen exhibit and you will see what Curry Mantra 2 is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delicious, but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2013The food and presentation were excellent. Portions are large. The only reason for 4 stars is the price. It's a bit pricier than the location in Fairfax. It also doesn't have the same intimate feel.Special Features:
- Nice small Indian RestaurantGoTribeGoVIPDined on 7/18/2013A really nice addition to the Falls Church area. Quite and small, with excellent food. Very romantic inside..... Service very good. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the spinach aloneDunnLoringdinerDined on 7/17/2013The crispy spinach appetizer was amazing - my 2 and 5 year old couldn't get enough of it. Goat Biriyani was good, but meat was not as tender as when I had it at the original Curry Mantra. Waiter was able to steer us towards a mild curry that the kids really enjoyed. We will be back!Special Features:
- Goat is deliciousNPV1013Dined on 7/13/2013First time trying it, and it was spectacular. The whole menu is expertly presented, and the food divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian food!PamelaVIPDined on 7/11/2013The food was extremely good - I loved Curry Mantra in Fairfax and was hoping this restaurant would be as good, but closer (we live in Arlington). The menu is definitely different but the quality of the food was just as good, and superior service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Indian cuisinebikerbob54VIPDined on 7/10/2013I have already recommended Curry Mantra 2 to two friends. The food was varied with excellent preparation. Looking forward to returning to try many of the other items we did not have the opportunity to try this timeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian Food in Falls ChurchShaunVIPDined on 7/5/2013First off my Wife is Indian (from the South of India) and she loves Curry Mantra. So do I. The food is fresh and delicious. The portions are big and the taste amazing. The location is in a little Falls Church strip mall and the restaurant is nothing special (decor) but who cares when the food is so good. We love the chicken dishes and the vegie dishes as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and staffTeddyMac56Dined on 6/29/2013We tried CM2 for the first time and enjoyed the flavors and the attentive staff very much. Dishes are ample portion sized and we ended up with leftovers to enjoy again. Free valet parking was a nice addition. Interior is a little jammed, but decor, music and service attitude were all great.Special Features:
- I had been looking forwardBoringVIPDined on 6/24/2013I had been looking forward to visiting Curry Mantra 2 since Tom Sietsma wrote it up. Service was excellent, but food was fair at best. Palak Anar was good but a bit greasy. Mushroom soup promised to be laced w/ mustard and cumin instead was a bowl of heavy whipping cream w/ a few mushrooms floating around; terribly bland. Chicken in a sweet and sour coconut sauce was accompanied by a couple of ice cold mini potatoes, rice (which was average) and a bowl of cold lentil soup, which was meant to be served hot. The chicken was average, the sauce was neither sweet nor sour but did taste mildly of coconut and had a bit of zingy spice to it. Again, average at best. For neighborhood Indian, I'll stick with Raaga in Bailey's Crossroads.
- Food was delicious, startingimissneworleansDined on 6/16/2013Food was delicious, starting with the aroma when we walked in the door. Love the decor -- almost forget it's in a strip mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and food both tremendousRobZDined on 6/16/2013The food here is a cut above most NOVA indian restaurants and the service is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Experience!b70sDined on 6/15/2013The food was delicious and the wait staff was top-notch. We will definitely be back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, no question.NonicknameVIPDined on 6/14/2013The food was good, no question. While the staff was attentive, they were attentive to the point that they were hovering, and that took away from the overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatdonacampVIPDined on 6/7/2013The palak anar (crispy spinach with pomegranate seeds) was an outstanding appetizer. We all liked our entrees - chicken badami, very creamy, very rich, kofta was delicious,Special Features:
- Solid performance all aroundFallsChurchKateVIPDined on 5/22/2013A friend lunched on a weekday. The food was uniformly good. Curry Mantra 2 offers a buffet for lunch, but also the full menu. We opted for the buffet (very good value) as well as 2 appetizers off the menu: Vada Pav (spicy potato patties), excellent although I would recommend losing the Parker House rolls on which they are served, and Bombay Bhel (puffed rice with fresh herbs and spices). The buffet was a good assortment of chicken dishes, one goat dish, vegetarian dishes, salad, chickpeas and sauces. It is a small space which is nice and makes it quiet, but maneuvering the buffet line can be challenging. Its location also challenging (underneath a pedestrian/bike bridge across Broad Street in FC). I hope it gains a following.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to have another in FCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2013For a very long time FC City only had one Indian Restaurant - very good one, but only one. It's nice to have another option and one that is a bit different from, but just as good as the one we've had. I would argue that the inside atmosphere is better at Curry Mantra II is nicer than the other - feels less stressful, more colorful. The food is very good and clearly made from fresh, quality ingredients. The food was a bit spicier than I was used to - but I'm not a spicy food lover. The service was very good. The people working there were clearly interested in meeting the needs of the customers. Good restaurant, try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013The best Indian food I've had I the d.c. Area!!!! Didn't have to wait forever for food. Food was amazing and waiters were very helpful when we had questions. Definitely going back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Indian foodTermXXDined on 5/12/2013Curry Mantra 2 is tucked away in a shopping center next to the W&OD Trail in Falls Church. The interior is more refined than the exterior, and the food is outstanding. We had the Kofta Curry (lamb meatballs with a boiled egg inside), Butter Chicken, the Indian Hamburger (which is vegetarian), and chicken tikka. [Pardon the spelling]. The food was well prepared, and the sauces were particularly flavorful. The service is good. The food arrived promptly. The staff were attentive and the owner/manager personally visits each table and speaks with the diners. It has a family-run feel. It's not "cheap" relative to other ethnic strip mall restaurants in NoVa, but they offer deals if you can find them.Special Features:
- Great new Indian in VirginiaKPvirginiaVIPDined on 5/11/2013We enjoyed Curry Mantra 2, very good food and service. With Haandi just across the street we now have two excellent Indian restaurants in Falls Church.Special Features:
- Outstanding Appetizer!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/1/2013The flash-fried crispy spinach appetizer is absolutely wonderful -- and the addition of the pomegranate seeds (berries?) is pure genius! I wish the rest of the food had been as good. My Butter Chicken had none of the richness I expect from that dish. And my friend's Goat Biryani was oredered as "extra spicy" yet he said it had very little spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingIndian in Falls ChurchIvanDined on 4/28/2013Food rwas not highly seasoned and wine prices by the bottle are too high for such a modest place. Service was very good.Special Features:
- A gem that is still a little roughcDiner100VIPDined on 4/27/2013Excellent meal, except for the goat which was exceptionally tough and full of bones. The manager came over to ask how things were and my wife talked about how unhappy she was with the goat. No response! Otherwise, food and service were very good. But, restaurant needs work!
- We've been to Curry MantraSmittyDined on 4/25/2013We've been to Curry Mantra I in Fairfax City, and decided to try Curry Mantra II in Falls Church just to see if it was different. We love Curry Mantra I, and to our surprise Curry Mantra II was different, and we love it as well. Very clever of Asad Sheik to have two restaurants that, while both Indian food, provide for different dining experiences. The eggplant was fabulous as was the coconut shrimp in spinach. We had the mushroom soup which was amazing. Congratulations Asad and staff, on creating yet another spectacular restaurant!Special Features:
- Great taste, Great presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The food was excellent. You can see the kitchen from a number of seats in the restaurant which always creates a strong connection to the food. The portion sizes were generous, and I particularly liked how the curry, rice, and lentils were plated. Visually, the plating was superb. The servers were attentive, but do need to clear used plates a bit more quickly to make room for incoming dishes (the tables for two are small, and there's not a lot of room for extra dishes). I would recommend Curry Matra 2 without any hesitation.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.EatOutVIPDined on 4/13/2013Excellent food and service. Space is a bit tight. Definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly wonderful food in aWGL1VIPDined on 4/6/2013Truly wonderful food in a bright and attractive, if small space. Every bit as good as the original.Special Features:
- Good But not great IndianJeffVIPDined on 3/30/2013Good But not great Indian food. Service and staff were all very nice.Special Features:
- Food was good but the servicefrankDined on 3/20/2013Food was good but the service was too quick. Barely had time to finish appetizer when main course arrived.Special Features:
- Great food, but pricier thanOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/19/2013Great food, but pricier than other local Indian options.Special Features:
- Best Indian food I have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013Best Indian food I have had in a very long time. Service excellant. Can't wait to the next visit.Special Features:
- Curry Mantra 2 is a wonderfulSandiVIPDined on 3/5/2013Curry Mantra 2 is a wonderful addition to Falls Church - it is a bit hard to see from Rt. 7, as they don't have a sign along the road, but once you know it is there, you will go back for more - incredibly good food!!! The ambience is simple, not quite as romantic as their restaurant in Fairfax City, but the service is great - and an amazing chef! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the palakdonacampVIPDined on 3/5/2013We really enjoyed the palak anar -- an appetizer of crispy spinach with pomegranate seeds. The goat biryani was amazing. Everything was very good, and the staff was friendly and helpful. They've just opened here in Falls Church, but seem to have hit the ground runningSpecial Features:
- I expected the food to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013I expected the food to be much better. It seemed as if it was too "Americanized" and I look for more authentic Indian food.