3343 E. Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemartorano.com/
- Phone: 954-561-2554x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pytel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties larger than 12, please contact the restaurant directly either by phone at 954-561-2554 or email at brian@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Cafe Martorano 954-561-2554x
- Entertainment: Live DJ Friday and Saturday nights after 9:30 PM. Come watch the game or enjoy a classic movie on one of our 11 HD TV's.
- Special Events:
A word from Cafe Martorano
Cafe Martorano combines exceptional food, music and movie entertainment to create the most unique and unforgettable dining experience. Get a taste of our original Italian-American dishes such as made to order Warm Mozzarella or the Famous Homemade Meatball which Gourmet Magazine voted "Best in the World." We are celebrating our 20 year anniversary with a full premium liquor bar and invite you to come and enjoy our Fresh Hand Crafted Cocktails. Whether it's date night, a business gathering or if you consider yourself a food connoisseur, join us Sunday through Thursday for a comfortable relaxing restaurant atmosphere. If an upbeat vibe is more your thing, come Friday and Saturday nights after 10pm and have our live DJ take you on an audio and visual ride spinning everything from Hip-Hop to Disco accompanied by scenes from classic movies(not always suitable for children). Dancing is strongly encouraged. Check us out at CafeMartorano.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cafe Martorano - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Martorano reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (55)special occasion (55)fit for foodies (50)vibrant bar scene (50)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (28)good for groups (27)late-night find (21)romantic (17)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- YumNotsooblondDined on 5/1/2014Food n ambiance is great! Home style Italian food. Been here a few times n the food is always delicious. The servers are professional and super friendly. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Fort LauderdaleluvgreatfoodDined on 5/1/2014A small out of the way place with the most fantastic food imaginable. Great, friendly staff; Fun music and movies. You can't go wrong no matter what you order. And the waiter will help with all selections and amounts. Enjoy. It's a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Italian Cooking!artama517Dined on 4/30/2014We're an italian family that loves to cook. We are from New York where you have some of the best restaurants in the world you and we have also traveled to Italy quite a few times and have eaten in many wonderful places there. So when I say the food at Cafe Martorano was excellent, I have a lot to compare it to. The ingredients were fresh and authentic and cooked to perfection. The open kitchen allows you to see the food preparation and was imaculate. We had the grilled octopus and pig skin braciola for appetizers and both were tender and delicious. The fresh burata was amazing as was the Carbonara and all of our entrees. The service was good and the atmosphere lively and comfortable. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hot spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014Was initially upset that they were out of meatballs but we made the most of it. The ambience and music was awesome as well as the food/drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a phenomenal meal!VinnieDined on 4/26/2014I've been eating with Steve Martorano for over 20 years now. By far the best Italian food you can get in Florida....maybe in any state!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElizabethDined on 4/26/2014Great place to enjoy amazing tastes. Extensive menu, something for everyone's taste buds. Excellent wine list. I look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanAFOODIEDined on 4/26/2014The bar tender was rude. We waited 30 minutes before we were seated for our 6 pm reservation. The egg plant app was burnt and the chef said it was supposed to be that way! Really??? The Downtown Chicken Special was tough. For the prices we should of had better service. Our table should have been de crumed between courses. The only good thing was Neal our bus boy and the Riggatoni with Sunday Sauce and the bread!!! Save your money and put it forwards a trip to Italy!
- Sorry mom,Steves meatballs r betterGibborimDined on 4/24/2014I grew up in the heart of Brooklyn, where most of my friends were second generation Italians... This means I've eaten some of the best homemade Italian food there is... As an investment banker, I've dined in many of the so called best restaurants in New York... Now I can say I've been to the actual best there is, only I had to travel to Florida for it... If you want to feel at home while you're eating, and impress your guests at the same time... This is simply the best place to do it. Congrats... You win the Oscar for best Italian restaurant on the planets!!! Great Job Steve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply The Best!!!!!!JohnZVIPDined on 4/23/2014Food and service is amazing, you will positively love this place!!!!!! If my wife cooked this good I would have never divorced her!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceSunsetDined on 4/23/2014Our meal was outstanding and the restaurant is a gem! Veal, meatball salad, gnocci, hot peppers...all over the top! Looking forward to going to your new restaurant in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerLaurieandterryVIPDined on 4/23/2014Went to a cafe Martoranos for my birthday last weds. We had a party of 7 and we all had a blast. The food was superb as usual as was the service. I can't say enough about this Restaurant. It's my go to place for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nobody does it like Steve doesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014We took a family vacation to ft Lauderdale, 16 of us , I had been to Martoranos many times in the past and it never failed me, so I thought it would be nice to have the whole family together for dinner with my parents the way we did every night when I was a kid, only now with our own kids (1- brother: wife and kids couldn't make it) ,anyways we had Steve cook for us, I reccomend it 110%, without a doubt ,it was awesome , the guy is talented beyond belief, we are not an easy crowd to please and my father who is the ultimate picky Italian raved about the food as well as everyone else for days, thanks for an outstanding meal away from home! He even took 5 mins for a family photo, he fit right in with is lol We'll be back!!! Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive vibesMelissa620Dined on 4/19/2014My fiancé and I recently just got home from an amazing trip to Ft. Lauderdale. We were super excited to go eat dinner at martoranos welllll let me just tell you that we have never been to a more wonderful, positive,upbeat restaurant. The food tastes exactly how it looks, amazing !!! The music is wonderful and the staff is so energetic. This restaurant has nothing but positive vibes surrounding it! Now we need one here in New York !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteKagereviewsDined on 4/19/2014We just love this place ! The food is incredible along with the service ! Steve Mortorano is accommodating, friendly and the best chef around I can't rave enough about just his wonderful the entire experience is every single time !....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wear your track shoesLike2ChewVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food was great but who wants to spend $250 to get rushed. We were literally there 65 minutes and our waiter even came and removed the lit candle from our table half way through. NO CUZ!!
- Favorite placeNDstylesDined on 4/18/2014I come to ft. Lauderdale 8-12 times a year and this is my first stop everytime. Love the feeling this place gives me and the staff is great to deal with. The energy in this place is amazing along with the food and it's good to see the owner with his hands on everything. If your in ft.lauderdale and don't stop in then your missing a one of a kind experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martorano's - too much funEaglefanDined on 4/18/2014Always great food n a lively upbeat setting. Sit and eat or get up and dance. It all works there.Special Features:
- ExcellantMarisaDined on 4/18/2014Excellant rest. Food was amazinf. Prob best Philly cheesesteak I ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy loudJLongDined on 4/18/2014I've been to the restaurant 5 times now. I have enjoyed all previous visits, even on nights that were a bit noisier. Friday night was like nothing I've ever experienced in a restaurant. We were seated near a table with kids who would not stay in their seats. Our waiter took forever taking out order (including out first drink), and the food service was awful too. No one checked on us through the meal and we had to search for the waiter to order 2nd drinks. Above all the noise level was so loud that we couldn't hear each other talking. Will never get my husband back there again and it will be a while before I go back. By the way, all do this was before 8pm.
- luvgreatfoodDined on 4/17/2014Truly one of the best Italian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Simply the Best!!!!!JohnZVIPDined on 4/16/2014The Best!!! Amazing food, service, ambience, and wine. This place is a winner, book your reservation and enjoy because you made the right choice. I dine in Restaurants at least 5 days a week, trust me it's the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A home runLenchusDined on 4/13/2014WOW, that is the only word to describe this place. It is like driving a porsche. Everything on the menu was incredible. The service,food, and personal attention was unmatched. This is the benchmark for what a place to eat should be like. Try the eggplant stack, philly cheesesteak, meatball, pasta, or anything you can. This is the kind of place that you will spend money but, will truly feel blessed to have a chance to taste the food. Steve Martorano proves every night that he is worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- toms night outrooman58Dined on 4/11/2014food service fantastic as always love to take friends and family to our favorite spot and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Food doesn't match the picturesSvanVIPDined on 4/8/2014Food doesn't match the pictures on the ipad menu. Way over priced for quality and quantity. No tables available when we arrived. We were sent to the bar . They didn't want to open another seating area. Really disappointing.
- YO CUZ!CeeDeeDined on 4/6/2014I had Heard of Cafe Martorano for many years from a friend of mine who frequents the Cafe yearly. I was not disappointed. Make a reservation, however be prepared to wait and perhaps even wind up eating at the bar while being entertained be the locals as well as by the multiple TV screen featuring clips from Sopran'os Goodfellas, Godfather or a number of other classic Mob greats. The food was definitely worth the wait. In fact we wound up ordering from our Awesome bartender Eric and ate at the bar that evening. We wound up returning the following night as well only to enjoy another spectacular meal. I will definitely be returning next time I am in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeLaurieandterryVIPDined on 4/6/2014Went there Sunday night for my Sisters Birthday. The food,and service was outstanding as usual. We had a great time and the Birthday Dessert was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglogregularDined on 4/5/2014First time diners at CM, recommended by guy next to me on plane. He was right. Had the meatball salad, outrageous pasta and lobster special. Food critic wife says he restores her faith in Florida restaurants. Love the menu tablet with photos! Will be back again and again and again. Only downside was the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great!MYBolaDined on 4/5/2014We went to the Martorano's on Oakland Park. The seating is very tight and this location is definitely not kid-friendly. They do not have high-chairs or boosters. It was a bit noisy, but not as bad as I had anticipated....maybe because it was still early (6:00pm reservation). HOWEVER, the service was outstanding and so was the food. There were six of us, so we all purposely got different menu items and tasted each other's food. The eggplant stack is awesome and the meatballs to die for. But my favorite was the Philly cheesesteak. So delicious! Steve was there and sent over a couple of items for us to sample. That was really great! All in all, it was a great experience. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve Martorano Rocks it....FoodieDined on 4/4/2014The beat was magical, the food services was excellent and the my god killed it. Meatball salad, shrimp scampi was off the chain. Thanks Steve your music was killer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Good was terrific. Quite the dining experience with the bass vibrating the table. One minute it's Tupac and the next the whole place is singing Sweet Caroline. Get the calamari Martorano style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestDMACKDined on 4/4/2014Everything was great, I have been to Las Vegas and there is no comparison. The service By Scott was over the top. Thanks Steve for the Dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLaurieandterryVIPDined on 4/4/2014Wonderful meal. Definitely the best Italian Food in South Florida. Excellent service, attention to detail. Clean plates for every course. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant. BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Love this restaurant. Best meatballs and. Calamari. Every time I am in one of their locations I always make sure to have dinner there. Only surprise I got was the price of the special. I ordered the veal chop and was shocked that it was $72. Just make sure you ask how much the specials areSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the way I like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2014Great service, the food is amazing and the place has a cool vibe !Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulBourbonBoyDined on 3/30/2014This about our 7th time at Steve Martarano's flagship restaurant and once again had a great experience. We've tried almost everything on the menu. The problem is avoiding over ordering knowing just how good everything is. We live in Indy and anytime I'm in South Florida I try to make time to eat here. Ingredients are always fresh and recipes relatively simple but Steve's culinary brilliance never disappoints. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A must for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014What a great night. Awesome food with high energy atmosphere. The place to be for Italian food!!Special Features:
- RESERVATIONSBSIMPSONDined on 3/29/2014Don't even bother with Reservations!! We had a great night but you would think that reservations mean something!! We arrived a 1/2 hour early for our reservations (9:30) and had a few drinks at the bar, we were told they were running a little behind, no problem with that. We stayed in touch with the great girl up front and we were told we would be getting seated soon, There were people coming in and getting seated immediately!! I addressed it and was brushed off with soon, very soon!! So around 11:00 we were finally seated! The service was ok, the food was amazing! We came from Tampa for the weekend and this is always a must stop. Maybe next time we will try for 6pm reservations and get a seat by 9 or 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little ItalyTabbyDined on 3/29/2014It was recommended by many people to go to this restaurant and I am glad I did.I am not a very big eater so I only got the meatball with the ricotta an salad and it was to die for.It was enough for me.My husband got the cavatell which was also delicious.The sauce is so light. The next time I come I will skip the appetizer and order from the entre. Highly recomend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't disappointVinnyDined on 3/28/2014Brought the whole family with this being the first time for the kids. They all fell in love and will now have to make it a regular Friday night family stop. Thanks SteveSpecial Features:
- BabsBad214Dined on 3/26/2014There are not enough words this is the BEST i Italian Restaurant in Florida the food the staff and the owner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.