3343 E. Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemartorano.com/
- Phone: 954-561-2554x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pytel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties larger than 12, please contact the restaurant directly either by phone at 954-561-2554 or email at brian@email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Cafe Martorano 954-561-2554x
- Entertainment: Live DJ Friday and Saturday nights after 9:30 PM. Come watch the game or enjoy a classic movie on one of our 11 HD TV's.
- Special Events:
A word from Cafe Martorano
Cafe Martorano combines exceptional food, music and movie entertainment to create the most unique and unforgettable dining experience. Get a taste of our original Italian-American dishes such as made to order Warm Mozzarella or the Famous Homemade Meatball which Gourmet Magazine voted "Best in the World." We are celebrating our 20 year anniversary with a full premium liquor bar and invite you to come and enjoy our Fresh Hand Crafted Cocktails. Whether it's date night, a business gathering or if you consider yourself a food connoisseur, join us Sunday through Thursday for a comfortable relaxing restaurant atmosphere. If an upbeat vibe is more your thing, come Friday and Saturday nights after 10pm and have our live DJ take you on an audio and visual ride spinning everything from Hip-Hop to Disco accompanied by scenes from classic movies(not always suitable for children). Dancing is strongly encouraged. Check us out at CafeMartorano.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cafe Martorano - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Martorano reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (61)hot spot (59)fit for foodies (55)vibrant bar scene (53)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (30)good for groups (26)late-night find (24)romantic (19)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Outstanding in every way!simplyamazingDined on 7/2/2014I have never had a bad experience at this amazing restaurant. The service, food and elegance is at a top 10 everytime I visit. Don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort foodMariaDined on 6/29/2014Your dining partner can become distracted with all the TVs surrounding the restaurant. A bit overpriced for Italian comfort food. Martinis were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyrebelspotDined on 6/28/2014Food and service were excellent. Unfortunately the music was way too loud. impossible to maintain a conversation and therefore not suitable to dinner.Special Features:
- great saturday nightrooman58Dined on 6/28/2014as always dinner was fantastic as was the service ,thanks scott c, for another great evening always making my wife and i feel like family.Special Features:
- Always GoodJP67Dined on 6/23/2014Have had dinner at Cafe M in Lauderdale, Las Vegas and Atlantic City. Long time customer and we always love Steve's food. It's back home neighborhood style Italian. Meatball salad app is remarkable.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. Waiter was not.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014We went at 6:00 when the restaurant opened. We were a group of 6. We found the ipad menus to be a bit difficult because we kept hitting the wrong button and the waiter seemed frustrated as soon as we asked him a question. When we asked him to go over the specials one more time, he pointed to the part of the menu that said "Don't break balls". Any time we spoke to him he seemed very annoyed until it was time for the bill and then he was all smiles and showed us pictures of his daughter. Every other waiter that brought us food and the busboy at the table were wonderful so maybe we just got a bad waiter. For the price, the food is great but not sure I would return if I would get service like that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPatience123Dined on 6/19/2014Second time there. Philly girl who loves when a local person moves to another state and becomes a success. Ordered two dishes, both excelled in flavor and portions. Probably the first time I can remember finishing and wanting more. Superb food, knowledgeable and friendly server - wish pasta was considered a diet food.Special Features:
- simpleberto715Dined on 6/15/2014It was great like always. Love the food and the staff.Special Features:
- RSCHILDined on 6/14/2014We went there for Father's day, to celebrate my Husband and Father In Law. We had an absolute blast! The food was amazing, and the service, impeccable. Although the music was loud during dinner, we managed to still have a wonderful time. Great place!Special Features:
- greybeard60Dined on 6/5/2014My wife and I have been to many top upscale restaurants, and we don't mind paying top dollar for a dining experience that we will remember , and want to go back for another. This is not the place for us, we went for my birthday, it was the third time we have been there and it will be the last. It is way overpriced , only the server, Tommy, was worth remembering, he was very good, and was tipped accordingly, 35%.Special Features:
- Food is unbelievable service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2014Must eat there!! The chicken parmesan is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience...RoxytravelsDined on 5/30/2014Great for birthdays, jovial group events... And a traditional Italian- American meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/29/2014Awesome food, best Italian in Fort Lauderdale loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Philly in South FloridapcostelloDined on 5/29/2014We were visiting South Florida from Philadelphia and a friend from Philly had recommended that we try Cafe Martorano while visiting. Ironically, we left Philly to find some of the best South Philly dining in South Florida! I knew we were on to something the minute I tried the fresh grated Parmesan on the table. The meatballs and gravy were the best we have ever had, fist-size, tender and filled with yummy bits of everything Italian. Our entrees were large and again the gravy stood out. Our waiter informed us that there will be a Cafe Martorano's opening in Atlantic City. We would happily fly back to South Florida for another taste of this gem, but we are glad it will now be closer to home as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a meal like mom would makejackiendanthonyDined on 5/28/2014Cafe martorano friendly atmosphere great food and great people when in Ft Lauderdale a must haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!!JodiVIPDined on 5/25/2014The best Italian food by far and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly good foodSCeatsDined on 5/25/2014We dined on Sunday, Memorial Day weekend. Made reservation but still had to wait a bit. Place is very small and hostess wanted to seat us at table by the door. We declined but accepted offer of bartender (Eric) to dine at bar. Meatballs are amazing. Risotto fabulous. Fresh ingredients and Steve M. was on hand this night. Very crowded when we arrived at 7:15, but thinned out by 8pm. Somewhat pricey for Italian food but worth every cent.Special Features:
- excellent food/ but......knightdougDined on 5/23/2014A great italian meal, but priced out of the stratosphere! Wine list unfriendly to neighborhood regulars, pasta dishes priced like meat dishes.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014This was first time at restaurant, We found the food excellent. Our server was wonderful. After 8 PM it is very noisy but our general experience was wonderful so it did not matter. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 418 reviews are from the Cafe Martorano reviews archive.
- Phenomenal 5 Star Dining ExperiencenowboatsDined on 5/22/2014Outstanding, only top quality food ingredients. A+ Service, A+ Food, what more do you want? I can't wait to go back. Phenomenal 5 Star Dining Experience. ThanksSpecial Features:
- My favorite Italian restaurantFCAdcorpDined on 5/20/2014Not enough characters here to describe the whole experience, but everything is phenomenal. The food is out of the world good! I live in NY and would take a flight to Florida just for Cafe Martorano's. Every time I've been there I've tried something new and have never been disappointed. You can't go wrong on this menu. The service is superb. Attentive, funny, and enganging staff. Top 3 favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, pushy and overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2014We dined at Mataranos because it was THE place to go for Italian food in Fort Lauderdale. First, it was so loud, we had difficulty talking to each other over the small table. TV screens surround you, showing a thug with tattoos abounding cooking a few things - really? Then our waiter, who happily gave us our $18 drinks pressed for the order - and pressed and pressed - until we finally succumbed. We ordered two appetizers - the famous meatball salad and deep fried cauliflower. They were small and tasteless. But, expensive. Next I ordered chicken parmigiana. $28 for a piece of chicken that was so over cooked, it tasted like it was cooked last week. Pasta was $32 and fell flat, as we'll. awful. Awful. Awful.
- Daughters graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014We where 13 people and each one of us love it it's hard to find a resturant that everyone one like but this is the place it was amazing and we will diffently go again thank you all for making it a great memorable night 😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and Crampedlarrylegend0809Dined on 5/17/2014very tight seating. extremely noisy and very distracting.Special Features:
- SelectionsMartyDined on 5/17/2014Limited number of appetizers no salad etc. also rushed by the waiterSpecial Features:
- Very FavoriteSeafoodloverDined on 5/16/2014Love the food, selection, menu, service and atmosphere. My favorite restaurant in Ft Lauderdale. Eat there every time I go over to the East Coast. Food is the best Italian and the menu is so diverse. If not on the menu they will make it for you. Best service.Special Features:
- Great Food!JeremyDined on 5/16/2014The meatball salad is highly recommended. Perfectly cooked pasta and lengthy wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When the cat is away the mice playFrequentMeatballerVIPDined on 5/15/2014Bad visit. The service was the worst we have ever had at this restaurant (keep in mind we've been there dozens of times) In addition to outright slow we even had trouble flagging down the waiter and getting him to the table. We had no bread until we asked for it (not once but twice) Normally they serve a tray of oil, cheese and red pepper with the bread-not today. The pour on the $30 glass of wine was so light-it could have been served out of a spoon. When I complained about the pour the waiter pointed out that there was nothing to be done about it-implying dont order a second if you don't like it. The manager in his black jacket is useless. Never stopped at the table nor asked us on the way out how things were as we walked past him.
- No let down here!SirelliDiningDined on 5/11/2014Second time dining at the Ft. Lauderdale location. Food was excellent, and service was good. Dined with wife and another couple. Asked that all apps and entrees be served as shared plates in order to taste as many different dishes as possible which was not a problem. Amazed at how the kitchen was able to prepare/deliver each app only moments after finishing the previous. Fresh plate for each app to avoid mixing of sauces/flavors is policy which demonstrates their commitment to your eating experience. Overall, a great dining experience. Recommend that you try/share as many dishes as possible. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best italian restuarnantmdolovesfoodDined on 5/11/2014There is nothing that comes to close to Chef Steve Martorano and Café Martorano. Simply put, the best Italian food in the Country. If you can't make it to Italy then next best thing is to go to this restaurant. From amazing appetizers to delectable main courses to great desserts you can not go wrong at this establishment. Pricey but well worth it. Café Martorano should be on everyone's bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedPhillyboyDined on 5/10/2014How much is food really worth? If you have no regard for your hard earned money or money is so abundant this is the place to eat. Salad mostly greens $18. Drinks...Cosmo $15 . One scoop of ice cream and a cookie $14. Philly cheese steak $18. Go to South Philly to Ginos or Pats and get the real deal for $6. Veal dish yes was excellent but at $38? Yo Cuz has a great thing going as he has a name and is now cashing in while he can. Great business plan... Good food charge ridiculous prices and people will come. It seems to be working as the restaurant was very crowded.Special Features:
- All the best!DinoFrankDined on 5/9/2014Have been eating here since the beginning, consistency is an art form and Steve Martorano is the curator!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lymariDined on 5/3/2014It was great, we had a awesome time. I recommended it. Service was excellent, food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeJoJoDined on 5/3/2014First time, celebrating my wife's birthday. The food was delicious atmosphere was perfect and the staff was outstanding. Loved the music too!!! Great experience.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDerekDined on 5/3/2014Food was great. Best Italian food I have ever had in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoutineBilljillDined on 5/3/2014Reservations at 545-- twenty people made to wait till after 6 outside in the rain. Bad start, followed by soggy salad ! Service good, as was bread and pasta! Better choices around, for the $$Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Way too noisy for a romantic dinner for two. Food and wine excellent.Special Features:
- More like a 70's disco!DeafndumbDined on 5/2/2014I was told (by many) that the Martorano's in Ft. Lauderdale was nicer than the one in Hard Rock. It has better parking - that's it. The hostesses were rude, our bartender was moody and I think I have hearing damage from the loud music. We were a party of 6 and found ourselves texting each other to communicate. We could not speak over the music. The food was very good, I will say that but it wasn't worth going back.Special Features:
- Why the rush?JJSATNYVIPDined on 5/2/2014Waited along time to make it to this restaurant. Live in the neighborhood and hoped it would become a regular dining spot. Food was very good and the menu was quite interesting. Not your Grandma's everyday Italian. The problem was it was Friday night and what originally was thought to be attentive service became more of a rush to get us out. Probably would go back to sit at the bar and have an appetizer but our Friday night dinners are about relaxing and unwinding after a long week of work, we were not afforded that chance.
- YumNotsooblondDined on 5/1/2014Food n ambiance is great! Home style Italian food. Been here a few times n the food is always delicious. The servers are professional and super friendly. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.