3343 E. Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafemartorano.com/
- Phone: 954-561-2554x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Walter Pytel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For parties larger than 12, please contact the restaurant directly either by phone at 954-561-2554 or email at brian@email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Cafe Martorano 954-561-2554x
- Entertainment: Live DJ Friday and Saturday nights after 9:30 PM. Come watch the game or enjoy a classic movie on one of our 11 HD TV's.
- Special Events:
A word from Cafe Martorano
Cafe Martorano combines exceptional food, music and movie entertainment to create the most unique and unforgettable dining experience. Get a taste of our original Italian-American dishes such as made to order Warm Mozzarella or the Famous Homemade Meatball which Gourmet Magazine voted "Best in the World." We are celebrating our 20 year anniversary with a full premium liquor bar and invite you to come and enjoy our Fresh Hand Crafted Cocktails. Whether it's date night, a business gathering or if you consider yourself a food connoisseur, join us Sunday through Thursday for a comfortable relaxing restaurant atmosphere. If an upbeat vibe is more your thing, come Friday and Saturday nights after 10pm and have our live DJ take you on an audio and visual ride spinning everything from Hip-Hop to Disco accompanied by scenes from classic movies(not always suitable for children). Dancing is strongly encouraged. Check us out at CafeMartorano.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cafe Martorano - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Martorano reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (57)fit for foodies (53)vibrant bar scene (49)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (30)notable wine list (28)late-night find (24)romantic (15)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food, long waitRoxanneMDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing as usual, however we had a 50 minute wait with a reservation. This was very disappointing to me as I had friends in from out of town and made the reservation just for this very purpose. The host informed us the wait would be about 20 minutes but that got exceeded tremendously. We had a glass of wine at the full bar and ended up standing outside as we felt like we were crowding people who decided to eat at the bar because of the long wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service, very loudFastEddieDined on 7/25/2014Food is excellent but is expensive ala carte pasta pricing,about $60 pp without alcohol. Menus are notebook tablets with photos; clever. Had to constantly ask for water glasses to be refilled. One of our guests asked for club soda and was brought a large bottle of Pelligrino. Booths are small and do not permit much room to walk down the aisle behind the aisle chairs. We knew it was time to go when a party of 8 was seated at adjoining tables while other tables were available. Bus/server must have been new, as when he served myself and person seated next to me, he reached across me to serve. He did the same with our guests. My Cousin Vinnie was on the tv monitors and oldies for music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickeyMickeyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Café Martorano's is always a favorite and definitely worth the long drive from Coral Gables. There is no better Italian food in South Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter/our foodweknowgoodfoodDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter was EXCELLENT! Great recommendations for food. We grew up on homemade Italian food in Connecticut and your sauce (as you call it gravy from philly) was a smidge better than my 90 yr old Italian monther-in-law. But keep that part a secret!Special Features:
- Not Worth The TripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We went there because of a review. Now here,s mine First had to wait 15 min. for table because they had run out of there i-pad menu's not empty tables. noise level high can't hold a conversation unique is the menu you see all the food that you may order. from appetizers to main course. But it took them over an hour and twenty min. to get us our main course after the app. and it was not that busy also you should ask how much the specials are they don't tell you I had a veal chop $74.00 WOW and I thought the NY Plazer was expenciveSpecial Features:
- Food is Excellent! Noise is loud!ShawnDined on 7/16/2014The food is fabulous!!! Service is perfect! It's close and a bit noisey but well worth dealing to taste the food!!! Favorite for our whole Family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - But Very ExpensiveKCLuvaDined on 7/15/2014The food is phenomenal without a doubt. Loved everything I ever ate there. However, the wine list is ridiculously expensive and you are not getting out of there without spending at least $250 for 2.Special Features:
- ShawnShawnDined on 7/15/2014We have been here before and took our oldest son and his wife for the first time and as always it was outstanding! The food is the best italian food I have ever had. Our son liked it so much we went back two nights in a row. It is on the top of list of things to do when we come to Fort LauderdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Martoranofood4usDined on 7/15/2014Food, wine and service was excellent, as it always has been at Cafe Martorano. Cannot believe it has been so long since we returned to dine. We shall return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We've been customers of Cafe Martorano's for 19 years! We visit Fort Lauderdale 2 times a year and make a point of eating here at least 3 times during our stay. Steve has seen our children literally grow up and they can't wait to eat here as much as we do! Love Angel, he completes our dining experience .. No one better then him!! 💚 SI familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best authentic ItalianChrisLibDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I have celebrated many birthdays and anniversary's at Martorano's. As always the food is amazing. The service is consistent and top notch. It's also our favorite place to take out of town guests to dinner.Special Features:
- Martorano's ALWAYS Delivers.WinoRMeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Consistently, Martorano's delivers on all ..... flawless service, an extensive wine list, coolest surroundings, and most importantly a fairly extensive menu that uses the very best ingredients available, executes them perfectly, and presents them in a very careful, attractive way. Owner Steve attention to detail and orchestration make for the whole experience. The BEST Italian the state of Florida has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestmikeDined on 7/12/2014This place is the finest resturant in south Florida, the food is perfect every time. The worst thing is picking what I will have knowing I cannot eat everything, the Veal Martarano and the Chicken Sicilian are perfect. It is not cheap but worth every penny. Every time we visit we go despite it being 45 minutes away. Come hungry leave happySpecial Features:
- Too much noiseFedeDined on 7/9/2014The food, service and ambience are good and I would recommend it just to a very selected crowd because the music was too loud and you can't hear the other person talking and for me I prefer a more quiet restaurant.
- Totally worth it!Delish123Dined on 7/6/2014This place was great! We had the meatball salad and being a true italian the "gravy" was defitiely on point. For dinner I had the veal in a light lemon sauce with risotto and the risotto was one of the best that I have had in a long time. I have heard about this place from so many people and am so excited that I finally got to go. They just opened up a new one in AC and I will be making an appearance there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of Fun but with a LONG waitteshDined on 7/5/2014We were seated about 1.5 hours later!! Not only were we seated much later, but the male host had major attitude and acted like we should just be happy to be there since its such a popular restaurant. It was crazy!! It didn't make us leave since we are Mortorano's fans for years and we were not going to allow a little man to rain on our fun. Customer service was none existent by the host but other than that it was Amazing!! We ate, drank, and danced on the bar and had another Blast as one usually can count on at this restaurant. Good food and good Music. Next time we will know that a reservation doesn't mean very much here and we will be mentally prepared to wait because it was worth the wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great timeLoriinthePinesDined on 7/4/2014We had an amazing meal and the service was phenomenal! Thank you!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way!simplyamazingDined on 7/2/2014I have never had a bad experience at this amazing restaurant. The service, food and elegance is at a top 10 everytime I visit. Don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort foodMariaDined on 6/29/2014Your dining partner can become distracted with all the TVs surrounding the restaurant. A bit overpriced for Italian comfort food. Martinis were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyrebelspotDined on 6/28/2014Food and service were excellent. Unfortunately the music was way too loud. impossible to maintain a conversation and therefore not suitable to dinner.Special Features:
- great saturday nightrooman58Dined on 6/28/2014as always dinner was fantastic as was the service ,thanks scott c, for another great evening always making my wife and i feel like family.Special Features:
- Always GoodJP67Dined on 6/23/2014Have had dinner at Cafe M in Lauderdale, Las Vegas and Atlantic City. Long time customer and we always love Steve's food. It's back home neighborhood style Italian. Meatball salad app is remarkable.Special Features:
- The following 432 reviews are from the Cafe Martorano reviews archive.
- Food was fantastic. Waiter was not.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014We went at 6:00 when the restaurant opened. We were a group of 6. We found the ipad menus to be a bit difficult because we kept hitting the wrong button and the waiter seemed frustrated as soon as we asked him a question. When we asked him to go over the specials one more time, he pointed to the part of the menu that said "Don't break balls". Any time we spoke to him he seemed very annoyed until it was time for the bill and then he was all smiles and showed us pictures of his daughter. Every other waiter that brought us food and the busboy at the table were wonderful so maybe we just got a bad waiter. For the price, the food is great but not sure I would return if I would get service like that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPatience123Dined on 6/19/2014Second time there. Philly girl who loves when a local person moves to another state and becomes a success. Ordered two dishes, both excelled in flavor and portions. Probably the first time I can remember finishing and wanting more. Superb food, knowledgeable and friendly server - wish pasta was considered a diet food.Special Features:
- simpleberto715Dined on 6/15/2014It was great like always. Love the food and the staff.Special Features:
- RSCHILDined on 6/14/2014We went there for Father's day, to celebrate my Husband and Father In Law. We had an absolute blast! The food was amazing, and the service, impeccable. Although the music was loud during dinner, we managed to still have a wonderful time. Great place!Special Features:
- greybeard60Dined on 6/5/2014My wife and I have been to many top upscale restaurants, and we don't mind paying top dollar for a dining experience that we will remember , and want to go back for another. This is not the place for us, we went for my birthday, it was the third time we have been there and it will be the last. It is way overpriced , only the server, Tommy, was worth remembering, he was very good, and was tipped accordingly, 35%.Special Features:
- Food is unbelievable service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2014Must eat there!! The chicken parmesan is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience...RoxytravelsDined on 5/30/2014Great for birthdays, jovial group events... And a traditional Italian- American meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/29/2014Awesome food, best Italian in Fort Lauderdale loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Philly in South FloridapcostelloVIPDined on 5/29/2014We were visiting South Florida from Philadelphia and a friend from Philly had recommended that we try Cafe Martorano while visiting. Ironically, we left Philly to find some of the best South Philly dining in South Florida! I knew we were on to something the minute I tried the fresh grated Parmesan on the table. The meatballs and gravy were the best we have ever had, fist-size, tender and filled with yummy bits of everything Italian. Our entrees were large and again the gravy stood out. Our waiter informed us that there will be a Cafe Martorano's opening in Atlantic City. We would happily fly back to South Florida for another taste of this gem, but we are glad it will now be closer to home as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a meal like mom would makejackiendanthonyDined on 5/28/2014Cafe martorano friendly atmosphere great food and great people when in Ft Lauderdale a must haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!!JodiVIPDined on 5/25/2014The best Italian food by far and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly good foodSCeatsDined on 5/25/2014We dined on Sunday, Memorial Day weekend. Made reservation but still had to wait a bit. Place is very small and hostess wanted to seat us at table by the door. We declined but accepted offer of bartender (Eric) to dine at bar. Meatballs are amazing. Risotto fabulous. Fresh ingredients and Steve M. was on hand this night. Very crowded when we arrived at 7:15, but thinned out by 8pm. Somewhat pricey for Italian food but worth every cent.Special Features:
- excellent food/ but......knightdougDined on 5/23/2014A great italian meal, but priced out of the stratosphere! Wine list unfriendly to neighborhood regulars, pasta dishes priced like meat dishes.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014This was first time at restaurant, We found the food excellent. Our server was wonderful. After 8 PM it is very noisy but our general experience was wonderful so it did not matter. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal 5 Star Dining ExperiencenowboatsDined on 5/22/2014Outstanding, only top quality food ingredients. A+ Service, A+ Food, what more do you want? I can't wait to go back. Phenomenal 5 Star Dining Experience. ThanksSpecial Features:
- My favorite Italian restaurantFCAdcorpDined on 5/20/2014Not enough characters here to describe the whole experience, but everything is phenomenal. The food is out of the world good! I live in NY and would take a flight to Florida just for Cafe Martorano's. Every time I've been there I've tried something new and have never been disappointed. You can't go wrong on this menu. The service is superb. Attentive, funny, and enganging staff. Top 3 favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, pushy and overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2014We dined at Mataranos because it was THE place to go for Italian food in Fort Lauderdale. First, it was so loud, we had difficulty talking to each other over the small table. TV screens surround you, showing a thug with tattoos abounding cooking a few things - really? Then our waiter, who happily gave us our $18 drinks pressed for the order - and pressed and pressed - until we finally succumbed. We ordered two appetizers - the famous meatball salad and deep fried cauliflower. They were small and tasteless. But, expensive. Next I ordered chicken parmigiana. $28 for a piece of chicken that was so over cooked, it tasted like it was cooked last week. Pasta was $32 and fell flat, as we'll. awful. Awful. Awful.
- Daughters graduationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014We where 13 people and each one of us love it it's hard to find a resturant that everyone one like but this is the place it was amazing and we will diffently go again thank you all for making it a great memorable night 😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.