The Cleveland Restaurant
25 Cleveland Place
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Cleveland Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theclevelandnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122740900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Cleveland Restaurant
A new 34 seat restaurant located at 25 Cleveland Place in Nolita with a 40 seat outdoor garden. Our cuisine is approachable New-American with a variety of Mediterranean influences. We offer a selection of regional draft beers and natural/organic wines by the glass and bottle. The Cleveland is a neighborhood restaurant with a social atmosphere at a casual price point.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cleveland Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The portions were small -OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/4/2013The portions were small - and only 4 small octupus on the pasta entree!!! The wine pours were ridiculously small - basically a half-glass of wine. While the food was okay to good, I wouldn't return here.
- DoisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/25/2013Overall, I was disappointed about the lack of responsiveness by the wait staff to our comment on the food. My friend, who was being taken out for his birthday, and I both ordered the cauliflower soup and complained to our waiter and another employee that the soup was too salty--almost to the point of being inedible. While the other employee said that he would tell the kitchen, I was surprised that we were neither comped for the dessert nor had the charges for the soup removed from the bill. I would not go back or recommend this restaurant to others.
- We did a set course with pairing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We did a set course with pairing. All the dishes were served at room tempature even the steak. The wine was poured at less then half glass .this was irritatingSpecial Features:
- Had to reset my expectationsFoodieVIPDined on 2/9/2013I had hoped so much more from The Cleveland and so I have had to reset my expectaton. I think the Cleveland could really be more upmarket than it is by just swapping out the wooden tables and iron chairs. I found the menu a little limiting (appetisers limited to a vegetarian choice - there could've been a fish or a meat appetirser). The food was interesting - the taste and flavours just went so well together. The prices are also good so I assume that it all evens out. We were kinda squashed ontop of each other, felt like I was sharing the table with the people next to us. Saying that I understand that we are in NYC. All up I enjoyed the evening BUT I didn't LOVE the evening.
- Our meal at the ClevelandIndustryDinerDined on 2/7/2013Our meal at the Cleveland was fine. Not particularly memorable but everything was prepared nicely and the dining room is laid out very spaciously. I ordered the kale salad and the pappardelle with octopus. I didn't care much for the spices on the kale and found the pappardelle to be a little one note. Again, everything was fine - just not extraordinary.
- Good neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/6/2013Good food. Nothing OUTSTANDING, but definitely nice food and a nice space. I bet the outdoor garden is great to eat inSpecial Features:
- Such an amazing restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2013Such an amazing restaurant! The food was delicious! I especially loved the cauliflower soup. And for dessert, the sweet potato cake still has me salivating. Service was very friendly and accommodating without trying too hard. Very rustic, cozy feel to the place. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Mediocre food and menu overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Mediocre food and menu overall for the price. Surprising, considering the restaurant just opened! Our table had the chicken, the fish, and the skirt steak, and the beets. Although, not terrible there was nothing exciting or interesting about the food. The place itself is very cute but small. There are too many other better options in the city for the same price.. probably would not go back.
- cozy Nolita spot with a Brooklyn-esOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/14/2013cozy Nolita spot with a Brooklyn-esque menu, local fresh ingredients, attentive service. very yummy and great spot for gathering and catching up with friendsSpecial Features: