4401 Long Beach Blvd
Brant Beach, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.daddyohotellbi.com/
- Phone: 6094941300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00pm;
Off Season: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Summer Season: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Al Vanesko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On or off site catering options available.
- Private Party Facilities: Spaces available for up to 44 and up to 100. Outside dining area seats up to 45.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Palladino 6094941300x
- Entertainment: At daddy O we do live entertainment 5 days a week during the summer season 6-10pm.
A word from Daddy O
Daddy O, a 22-room boutique hotel and restaurant, is one of the many establishments in a partnership group headed by the highly respected Martin Grims. With Four Diamond AAA ratings and many "best of" honors, the partnership takes great pride in bringing inspired experiences with adventuresome food and outstanding service to their guests. Besides Daddy O, they own and operate: The Moshulu Restaurant/Ship in Philadelphia, The Plantation Restaurant in Long Beach Island, NJ, White Dog Café in Philadelphia and Wayne, PA and du jour café and market, currently in Haverford Square on the Philadelphia Main Line and expanding to more locations, including Center City Philadelphia's new Symphony House. Daddy O serves only the freshest food, most of which is sourced from sustainable methods. This is definitely an elevated culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Daddy O - Best Restaurants in Brant Beach ›
Daddy O reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (42)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (36)romantic (34)good for groups (30)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Great food on LBIamadalvrDined on 4/12/2014We both enjoyed our entrees, one was short rib and the other was salmon. Both cooked to perfection and the sauces and sides were appropriate for each meal. Decent wine list and prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy O's dinnermikemac1Dined on 2/26/2014The reservation was for 7pm. We were promptly seated and the server was very pleasant and gave a short explanation of the restaurants history(just rebuilt from superstorm sandi). food was delivered promptly and was delicious. The only draw back from the evening was the server was the only server for the whole place. we had to wait on a few occasions for drinks. Overall experience was positive and the place looks beautiful. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet Valentine's dinnersurfcitysarahDined on 2/14/2014We were seated at a strange little table and asked to be moved to a spacious round booth that was much more romantic and cozy. Dinner was delicious, we shared oysters and each had the creamiest lobster bisque ever.Our entrees were a porkchop served over jalapeño polenta and scallops served with pecans and cauliflower. Both dinners were delicious and filling. The service was just ok, the waitress seemed to forget we were there, not bringing bread, not filling our water glasses and apologizing so much that it was beginning to get annoying. . All in all it was a great night, the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The new decor is nicely suited for the beach location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exit 2013 - Enter 2014luvLBIDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed a few hours afterward at the bar at the totally remodeled Daddy 'O on LBI. The food was top quality starting with the squash soup and kale salad. The shrimp & risotto main course was excellent as was the blueberry buckle for dessert. The bar was busy with a good mix of all age groups present. A four piece band provided the entertainment. A great nite out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; interestingPrincessDiDined on 11/1/2013Great service; interesting menu; loud bar crowd sounds spilled over into the dining area. A little over-priced. Other restaurants on the island with equal or better food at better prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful barBufrportDined on 10/22/2013My husband and I enjoyed happy hour at the very nice bar prior to eating in the dinning room. Husband had 4 beer flights and I had a house white wine ( very generous pour on the wine)The food was excellent although the salmon was a tad rare for our taste. Enjoyed our waitress who timed everything coming out of the kitchen perfectly. Would love to go back.Special Features:
- This restaurant is impeccableCAGirlDined on 10/15/2013This restaurant is impeccable from the time I made the reservation, greeted at the door and outstanding service, presentation of the food and very creative and delicious entrees! The best restaurant I have ever been in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Deserved 5~Star Review!NicolesBoutiqueDined on 10/12/2013What an amazing find! We went for our anniversary & so glad we did! The vibe is cozy and chill, food is unique and delicious and the service was absolutely outstanding! Thanks Matthew for the special anniversary touch with our dessert. Menu and drink prices were much LOWER than we expected as well:-))) We have already recommended this amazing restaurant to our friends & family and will make it one of our favorite spots. Thanks Daddy O!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - horrible serviceDisappointedDined on 10/5/2013Server was very prompt with menus and taking drink orders when we sat down. BUT THEN - We waited 50 mins after ordering our appetizers to get them. During that time our server never came by to apologize for the delay, to see if we needed any more drinks, bread or water etc. We finally got our appetizers. We then waited another 45 mins for our entrees, but not before we went to the manager to see if there was a problem. And, again, no server checking to see if we needed anything. We even had to ask to have the appetizer dishes cleared in the meantime. The manager did offer a round of drinks on the house. Never left a restaurant without a cup of coffee at the end of a meal but we just wanted to get out of there. It could've been nice
- A Little Slip at Daddy OKayTVIPDined on 9/27/2013We went to Daddy O's for lunch. We had the mac & cheese which was fantastic with fresh sliced plums, honest, and duck confit. The fish taco was on a soft tortilla with perfectly cooked fish and spicy aioli, excellent. Something happened to the broccoli rabe, shredded pork, swiss cheese sandwich on a hoagie roll. The broccoli rabe was so bitter it made the sandwich inedible, that plus the cheese was so over cooked it was hard. I have cooked broccoli rabe many times and it can be bitter if it is not cooked properly. It has to be tasted before serving. The hotel had damage from Sandy and it was remodeled beautifully. It is worth it just to go and have a drink at the bar. We have not given up on Daddy O, next time we will go there for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to your great calamarvalvemanVIPDined on 9/26/2013New decor is superb. Service , as always, is fine. Overall, food is quite good. Food selection is just a little limited. We do miss the calamari you served prior to Sandy. Your current calamari's mayonnaise-type dipping sauce just isn't good, the rings are too tall, making them too large per bite and there is way too little coating. Please go back to the way they used to be prepared or switch to the way Plantation does it...but ditch the new recipe. Excellent recovery from Sandy! Nice to see you on Open Table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, elegantly modernOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2013Great service, elegantly modern decor but menu is too limited and pricey for location.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, service and foodJasiDined on 9/13/2013Celebrated a 25th birthday on a breezy Friday evening. The atmosphere is authentic, food well-prepared and presented and service with an attention to detail. Daddy O is now on the "frequent" list for the family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/7/2013Great food and wine on an island not noted for that. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- go anywhere elseAnonDined on 8/31/2013The restaurant has great ambience, and some great food, but you can hardly enjoy it when you are busy wrangling the servers or waiting forever for things. Even when it is not busy, without fail, 3 dishes that do not belong to your table will come by. Need a refill on a cocktail, beer or soda? Not going to happen anytime soon so make it last. Special request for the drink like extra lime? Its not going to happen. No pepper offered when ordering a cesar salad. Food lukewarm when it got to the table. All appetizers, salads, meals come up to 5 min apart. So my dinner arrives first...my wife doesn't get hers for another 5 min, my son maybe in another 2. Really not worth the high prices when that service and akward dining is what you get.
- Daddy O is awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2013The rooftop bar before dinner was great. Carmen is an excellent bartender, and Courtney was an awesome waitress. Our meal and drinks were delicious. Looking forward to going back again. Thanks to Megan and Pete for your gracious hosting as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10LbidinerDined on 8/30/2013Outstanding meal . Great vibe . Friendly staff . Great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rooftop bar/Restaurant/& BarSabbyandJohnVIPDined on 8/29/2013We started with cocktails at the rooftop bar, then for dinner downstairs. The service was great, food very good... After we went for a cocktail at the bar downstairs which was amazing. Vibrant and extremely energetic due to an extremely talented singer who actually had people dancing anywhere they could find room... Since there is no dance floor. Was a wonderful experience and would recommend!Special Features:
- Good restaurant for LBILeoMDined on 8/23/2013Over the winter Daddy O was renovated and the menu was changed - shorter but better with a renewed focus on seafood (and a bit more expensive). We had lamb sliders (oddly flavorless but OK), “Horiatiki” House Salad (surprisingly delicious), the Burrata and Laquercia Proscuitto (tasty...but not as tasty as the ingredients would lead you to believe), and the Barnegat scallops (the scallops were spectacular and perfectly cooked, the white asparagus was lovely, but the quinoa was just OK and the yogurt and pomegranate reduction were sadly lacking). On the bar side, the cocktail selection is annoyingly skewed toward sweet drinks - unlike most Manhattan mixologists Daddy O's hasn't delved into the world of 'guy' drinks. That said the WatermeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great meal here. BeenAnonymousDined on 8/22/2013Had a great meal here. Been here several times and they are always consistent with great food and service.Special Features:
- Not so greatFoodieDined on 8/21/2013My husband is a chef at one of the top restaurants in miami and i have worked in one of the best restaraunts in nyc as well as in miami... We had grilled octopus and house salad fantastic! Our entrees were chicken and filet mignon. Both were mediocre at best the chicken wasnt browned enough on outside and was to thick of a piece for that type of dish our ricotta gnudi were over cooked and were not a true representation of what a ricotta gnudi is.. The filet was seared on the top and bottom on what appears to have been on a flat top grill which made it look like a steak from a diner vegetables were under and overcooked, while the potatoes wrre grainy in texture..
- Nice renovationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2013DaddyO looks great after Superstorm Sandy, but the menu needs to be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great time!SamjacDined on 8/17/2013We had a group of 9 people for dinner and wow the food was terrific! The appetizers were unusual and exceptionally well done. I had the smoked tuna tacos and they were sensational. One of the group ordered Shrimp Cocktail that had a unusual presentation and preparation but was excellent as well. The main courses were all exceptional, the kids loved the burgers and for the adults the Barneget Stew was supreme. Service was fine, the restaurant is noisy, but it was a Saturday night. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- A new menu but lots of variety.StateguyVIPDined on 8/17/2013A new menu but lots of variety. Fresh tomato gazpacho, seafood stew and s'mores for dessert all top notch and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Like2eatDined on 8/3/2013Food is much improved,really good. Service was excellent. The decor just doesn't match the beach location- too NY clubby for Brant Beach.Special Features:
- Great new lookjazziesmomVIPDined on 7/21/2013Loved all the new stone work but booths and general set up still same. Extremely friendly staff. Waited some time for server to approach then waited yet again for water-- might be better for bus boys to serve water instead of server. Menu was different but only a few items to my liking. Food delivery quick but preparation bland and presentation nothing special. Chicken dish with mushrooms and spinach tasted like it had been sauted in low sodium chicken. Roth-- very bland. Husband had grouper which was extremely small piece of fish with three asparagus spears and a pile of extremely starchy mashed potatoes--again very bland but fish was cooked well. His appetizer of seared tuna was very good and a much better choice.Special Features:
- The new version of Daddy-OOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2013The new version of Daddy-O is a significant improvement. The dining room is lighter and brighter than the old dark dining room, but the space is very very loud and even in a booth it was hard for us to hear each other! Martinis were great, but the cooks have a heavy hand with the salt! Go for the bar, skip the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDavidDined on 7/13/2013We had a party of 7. We showed up 15 mins early for our reservation and were seated within 5 mins. Service was great. Atmosphere was great. Best of all, food was great. We can't wait to go back. The grilled octuples appetizer almost enough for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like the new look and menuJohnDined on 6/22/2013I've eaten here before, but after the storm, they redid the place and menu. Food and ambiance are better now. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerNancyAnnDined on 6/14/2013Daddy O's refurbished their restaurant and it is Beautiful. The food is very tasteful, nice selection Of wines, romantic ambience. Prices are on the High side. Portions are ample. I would definitely Go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.