Pane e Vino Trattoria
1715 Union St.
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pane e Vino Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paneevinotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 4153462111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bruno Quercini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pane e Vino will custom design your party, meeting or event. View our sample menus below. Pane e Vino is a great location for rehearsal dinners, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, seminars, corporate dinners or holidays, meetings or other events in our back room with capacity for 40 people
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Pillado 4153462111
- Cross Street: Gough
- Public Transit: SF MUNI - Union & Gough Bus Stop [45/41] Union (Gough), San Francisco, CA
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Union Street Garage Pacific Park Management 1910 Union Street San Francisco, CA 94123 Pane e Vino validates one hour parking at the corner of Union and Laguna, right beside Wells Fargo Bank.
A word from Pane e Vino Trattoria
Pane e Vino serves regional Italian-style cuisine, featuring fresh grilled fish and meats, thin crusted pizzas and pasta dishes exceptionally flavorful with fresh ingredients. Pane e Vino is a family and kid-friendly neighborhood trattoria with a affable staff, delicious food and a great wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pane e Vino Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (16)romantic (15)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The food was delicious, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013The food was delicious, the waiter was most helpful, attentive and charming. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian food on Union StOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2013Everything at Pane e Vino was great...from our enthusiastic server to the great food. We had a terrific time.Special Features:
- About as close to the realOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/20/2013About as close to the real Italy as there is in SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best service youDeanDined on 7/16/2013Some of the best service you will find in the city at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- TerrificLolaBooVIPDined on 7/6/2013As real an Italian trattoria as you'll find in SF, or anywhere. They get it right, don't over-reach or stretch to incorporated silly trends. Just high quality, authentic, beautifully done Italian. The wood oven is the source of the magic. Wonderful pizza with a bit of char, and so much more. The spinach salad with crispy sweet pancetta dressed with warmed balsamic is special. Some of the staff have been working here for over a decade, always a good sign. A non-trendy, high quality, friendly favorite. We always sit at the bar for dinner and watch the cooks work. Love it!Special Features:
- Food and Wine selection goodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/3/2013Food was very good & we liked the option of ordering half carafes of wine. We usually start with white wine, then change to red with dinner & this is very convenient. Several choices of wine types in the carafes too!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceWittypantsDined on 6/30/2013I had a lovely, romantic dinner for two this past Sunday at Pane e Vino. This was my first trip to San Francisco and my first time at this restaurant and the pasta dish that I ordered, pappardelle alla contadina, was perfection. The chicken was tender, the sauce flavorful yet light, and the pasta itself the best I've tasted outside of Italy. My beau's choice, the calzone, was an enormous portion but no less amazing in quality than it was in size. The service was excellent too-we received helpful recommendations from our server and our water glasses were refilled constantly. We did not have to wait for a table, yet the place seemed to be alive with many other happy guests. I would happily revisit this restaurant when I come back to San Fran.Special Features:
- This is very authentic Italian.OnlyaMealDined on 6/21/2013This is very authentic Italian. We have been to Italy many times and this is the real deal. Loved it!Special Features:
- return visitBillDined on 6/2/2013We had not been in a couple of years, but live in the neighborhood. The food was great and so was the service... we will return again very soon... an certainly not wait so long before our next visit!!Special Features:
- Family findOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/30/2013Great good, great service, and a family friendly environment. Always enjoy dining here. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.DenaDined on 5/27/2013This restaurant is a great neighborhood favorite and classic and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it ! The staff evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2013Loved it ! The staff even sang happy birthday to my friend in Italian !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2013A friend visiting from out of town wanted to go there because some his friends recommended it but it was disappointing. We specifically chose an Italian restaurant because he wanted pasta but nothing on the pasta menu appealed to him. I order chicken and it was tough and flavorless. Service was slow and our waiter wasn't at all friendly.
- Great any timeLeonDined on 5/7/2013If we lived in San Francisco we would frequent this restaurant at least twice a month....we live in Sonoma County but this is our meeting place with friends when we head into the city. It is good anytime....lunch or dinner.....great food. Check out their grilled branzino...yumSpecial Features:
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2013We reserved a table somewhat last minute on a Thursday and were very glad to have the reservation -we got a great table right by the window. The service was incredibly friendly and the pizza was very good. It is a small, neighborhood find - and I'm happy it just happens to me in mine!Special Features:
- never disappoints - love theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2013never disappoints - love the food - and Carlos is a gracious host. thank youI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal for a reasonable amount!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2013We had an Italian dinner the night before at Venticello, an Italian restaurant on Nob Hill at Taylor and Washington. Our dinner at Pane e Vino was about half the price of and twice as good as at what we had at Venticello...and much less noisy. The pizza and risotto were outstanding at Pane e Vino, and the waiter was friendly, yet professional. You cannot go wrong at Pane e Vino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian restaurant in Marina.FishfanDined on 4/23/2013I'm not sure I know what "foodies" are, but people who like good Italian food should be happy here. The service is excellent, and the menu is wide and varied. I had a spinach ravioli that was quite unlike any other I've ever had. It was very good. I can't see why anybody would not be pleased with this restaurant. I'd suggest it's a good idea to be there by 6:30, if possible. It begins to fill up about that time.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the meal very much...starteMizKatzVIPDined on 4/20/2013Enjoyed the meal very much...started with insalata mista, followed by well-prepared fish. This was paired with a very generous glass of pinot noir. The fresh berries were staring at me from the display case, so what could I do? Served with a generous portion of zabaglione sauce. I will definitely come back to this restaurant, even though it is way out of my neighborhood.Special Features:
- Felt like famiglia, enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Felt like famiglia, enjoyed the authentic, fresh approach to the menu.Special Features:
- Highly recommend. Our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013Highly recommend. Our first night visiting from Seattle, so glad my husband found this place and I was able to secure a reservation via Open Table. The wine was wonderful as was the food and service. Our 17 year old daughter and her friend said they could eat here every night of our trip. Although very diffiult given the dinner menu selection and baskets of warm bread that they are more than willing to refill, save room for the cheesecake.Special Features:
- Nice small neighborhood typeCarloVIPDined on 4/13/2013Nice small neighborhood type casual Italian restaurant. Located on Union St. & parking can be a challange.Special Features:
- dependble, creATIVE, and alwaysheartyVIPDined on 4/4/2013dependble, creATIVE, and always fun. Very satisfyingSpecial Features:
- Have gone to another ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/29/2013Have gone to another Italian restaurant nearby & am happy to say Pane e Vino was better for many reasons....not as noisy, tables more private, food excellent. We also thought the wine prices were very good....especially the wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Well prepared italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/8/2013Well prepared italian food in a comfortable setting coupled with a friendly staff and outstanding service. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Always top notch at Pan eOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2013Always top notch at Pan e Vino. The pizzas as appetizers are outstanding and all pastas are excellent. Can't really miss on any entre. You may even find some well known locals hang out there during the baseball season! Tira Misu is one of the best around. Ask for Carlos, he is the Man!Special Features:
- Service was friendly thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Service was friendly though pretty slow. Happy to be seated in back which was cooler and fewer children.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/7/2013Great neighborhood restaurant. Superb kitchen...nightly specials are awesome. Service is excellent, efficient and friendly. One of my favorite places in the City, bar none.Special Features:
- Dishonest staff - stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Food was somewhere between average and good and service was good until the following happened. When we asked the waiter for our check it turns out HE had decided on how much tipp we should give him and added it to our check himself! This is not okay! Had we been a large party or so – fine! But it was only the three of us. We asked him if this is something that he always does to his customers and we could see that he was very uncomfortable with us asking this. It turns out that this is something he does to tourist! We aren’t actually tourist since we live in the city but I guess that he thought so because of our Swedish accents. Either way, NOT okay!
- Delicious, authentic northernOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/23/2013Delicious, authentic northern Italian food & gracious service.Special Features:
- I have been to Pane e VinoPeteVIPDined on 1/21/2013I have been to Pane e Vino many times, but they had a night were everything went wrong at our table. We ordered two salads, a margarita pizza and a roast chicken. What were were served was one salad and a pizza with chicken on it, surely an indication that the restaurant was too crowded and so noisy they couldn't hear the order properly. I will return to the restaurant, but not for a while.
- Delicious Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013This place has great food and seems very authentic.Special Features:
- While the service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/15/2013While the service was great the food feel short. I and three of the group ordered the rabbit which seemed to have been prepared hours before... We all felt the same. : (