Pane e Vino Trattoria
1715 Union St.
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pane e Vino Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paneevinotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 4153462111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bruno Quercini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pane e Vino will custom design your party, meeting or event. View our sample menus below. Pane e Vino is a great location for rehearsal dinners, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, seminars, corporate dinners or holidays, meetings or other events in our back room with capacity for 40 people
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Pillado 4153462111
- Cross Street: Gough
- Public Transit: SF MUNI - Union & Gough Bus Stop [45/41] Union (Gough), San Francisco, CA
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Union Street Garage Pacific Park Management 1910 Union Street San Francisco, CA 94123 Pane e Vino validates one hour parking at the corner of Union and Laguna, right beside Wells Fargo Bank.
A word from Pane e Vino Trattoria
Pane e Vino serves regional Italian-style cuisine, featuring fresh grilled fish and meats, thin crusted pizzas and pasta dishes exceptionally flavorful with fresh ingredients. Pane e Vino is a family and kid-friendly neighborhood trattoria with a affable staff, delicious food and a great wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pane e Vino Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (23)romantic (16)special occasion (16)good for groups (15)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AuthenticBenBVIPDined on 2/15/2014Fabulous authentic Italian restaurant. Although I am not local, I have visited this place a few times. It seems mostly locals enjoy this place, and they are very warm and friendly to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere and serviceLucianaDined on 2/13/2014The atmosphere and service is great. You will feel like you are in a very nice family restaurant. The food is generally fantastic. We were here before and could not wait to return. You can be a couple, a single, a family with young or old and feel at home.Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood spotcawineguyVIPDined on 2/9/2014This is a great local spot; reasonable prices, great food, and great service. Corkage is only $20, even though they have a good wine list. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood ItalianDumboDined on 1/31/2014Great evening; we arrived early, having found good parking. We were able to be seated , without having to wait another 45 minutes, when our reservation had been scheduled. Food and service terrific.Special Features:
- Fun in a large groupFoodieVIPDined on 1/30/2014Shared many pasta dishes -- which were good. Place was rather loud, but good energy. Veal chop was slightly over done. Waiter rarely checked to refill water and ice tea (good thing we ordered plenty of wine). Good but not great. For those prices, it should be great!Special Features:
- SF Italian Great ValuemarilindyDined on 1/26/2014Authentic Italian dining, slightly off the beaten path. Great attentive service, delicious food and reasonably priced for the city.Special Features:
- Just Like Being in ItalyOnlyaMealDined on 1/26/2014This is a very authentic Italian restaurant, from their delicious special food, professional service staff who take pride in their service and knowledge, to the cane seated wooden chairs and white table clothes. We love this restuarant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reliable Neighborhood RestaurantBlackAndBluVIPDined on 1/25/2014I love Pane e Vino and it has been a staple for our family for years. The salmon is always good and the fusili with smoked mozzarella is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italian foodOctopusDined on 1/22/2014Pane e Vino has always been a favorite of ours. Friendly Service, interesting daily special menu. On this visit, they featured fresh, grilled sardines as a starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was patchy. food wasdinerVIPDined on 1/21/2014Service was patchy. food was not as fresh and flavorable as I remember, but still an enjoyable eveningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014Accommodated a light birthday reservation with no problems. Real friendly, great food, much wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian restaurant in SFBeverlyVIPDined on 1/13/2014We have been gong to Pane e Vino for years. Carlos and the chef Bruno are fantastic. The food is always excellent and service is consistently good. This place makes you feel like you are going home to your Italian grandmother for a wonderful meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding the vealMadpaulDined on 1/10/2014Food was outstanding the veal saltaboca was great as well as my wife's steakSpecial Features:
- Another wonderful mealWelchmanDined on 1/10/2014Go here often and the food is consistently exceptional! We have entertained lots of friends here and always been pleased. This time our party of four all raved about our meals. The wait staff was great again.....friendly, very knowledgable about the menu and the wine options, and very accommodating of special diet issues. We had a vegetarian and a person on a gluten and dairy free regimen in our party who were both very happy with their meals! Finally the place is always lots of fun, crowded with people having a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem!HeathcliffDined on 1/3/2014I just moved here from NYC and this is the best Italian I've had in this city. The service is amazing, the menu is exciting, and the food is outstanding. Also, the first place I've been to in San Francisco where the portions are legit. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must order the homemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014You must order the homemade cheesecake. It is the absolute best you can find anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If they do buyouts, best forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013If they do buyouts, best for groups/office parties/ private parties. Tables close, noisy, not great if you are jammed in with others you don't know. Food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decided that after hearingmimiDined on 12/29/2013Decided that after hearing and reading about Pane e Vino I wanted to go for my birthday. What a great decision. What began as a small group of adults expanded to include children as well. They happily accommodated us. Dinner was wonderful...starting with a few appetizers we all shared. Salads were crisp and refreshing. All of us had the pastas which were homemade. I had the gnocchi with rabbit ( forgive me Easter bunny), someone else had the risotto with fresh seafood. I could go on and on. The entire wait staff was friendly, helpful and made us all feel welcome. Of course we couldn't pass up desserts and those were delicious as well. Had a wonderful birthday dinner and would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dining experienceErikaDined on 12/29/2013My family and I went to Pane e Vino for the first time to celebrate my mother's birthday. The service was great and they happily accommodated our health needs (steaming/sautéing vegetables sans butter). The seafood pasta dish was absolutely delicious as was the minestrone. The restaurant is cozy and a great place for a nice relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS our Go To place!EatmyheartoutVIPDined on 12/28/2013With such a variety on the menu, it is always a treat to visit and dine at this casual, neighborhood trattoria! It is a bit of Italy and family combined! ALWAYS a pleasure to be there.Special Features:
- Always Greatfood4thoughtDined on 12/28/2013We have been dining here for over 20 years and the food, service and ambience is always great. Probably eat here 2-3 times a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/17/2013The food is excellent, but the true strength of this restaurant is the staff. From the moment you walk in the door until you leave, you are treated as though you are family. It's a warm, wonderful, delicious place to have a relaxing and delightful dinner.Special Features:
- Worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013Having struggled to get a table on a busy saturday night, we were delighted to get a table on a quiet sunday night. We craved a good, authentic italian meal and Pane Vino did not disappoint. I highly recommend the seafood pasta, which was fresh, tasty and very filling, and my kids had two excellent pizzas, which were very generously sized...but they had no problems finishing. A great ambience and a fantastic meal...definitely worth waiting for. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful friendly local place.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/10/2013Wonderful friendly local place. Always a great go to restaurantI would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulMicMozVIPDined on 12/7/2013I have been coming to Pane e Vino for so many years now I have lost count. Always reliably good. Fresh, authentic, Italian food served by convivial waiters in a liverly but comfortable space. Fish specials are always fresh and tasty and the regular menu items never disappoint. Save room for the homemade deserts, especially the rasberry tart.Special Features:
- Good, but...Billy2013VIPDined on 11/21/2013Good, but made reservation for table for 2, sit across from each other & chat. They didn't, gave us exactly what I DIDN'T want, table for 4, had to sit neatly side by side, ? turn to talk... Thurs 8:45-9pm, try to rush our order & us out...brought hot food as starting apps! They wanna save $$$ by getting cooks out early... Not good :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints..Ask For Fabio4thYesDined on 11/13/2013My wife and I first went here more than 10 years ago on a recommendation and we loved it. Haven't been there in years, but wanted to revisit as part of a business trip, and it did not disappoint. The place is cozy, local, authentic and tremendous. Love that its not a touristy place and truly a neighborhood gem in a world class food city. Each time I have been there Fabio (yes that's his name) has been our waiter. I have never looked at the menu, each time just turning the dining experience over to Fabio and Pano Vino, and each time it has been wonderful. My guests on this trip thought I was crazy, but agreed to just let Fabio handle it, and they loved it as well. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like dining in ItalylutkeDined on 11/12/2013We have been to Panne e Vino many times and it is always wonderful. I am a fan of Branzino and they do it perfectly. One warning - the portions are huge so either order less or be prepared to bring half home. The tables are a bit close together and a neighbor heard us talking about wine, introduced himself and gave us his card for his winery.We love that sort of thing but others may not.Special Features:
- OkaycyssfVIPDined on 11/10/2013Use to be one of my favorite Italian restaurants but haven't been there for years. Had a late dinner in their new location (use to be on Steiner, now on Union) and while it was okay, not quite as wonderful as I remembered. Gnocchi with gorgonzola was mild, barely could taste the gorgonzola. Bread was excellent, crusty. Perhaps if I had had an entree in addition to the pasta I would be able to see how the kitchen performs. Right now I would say meh.....
- Italian fareLocalDined on 11/8/2013Food generally is good, but mine & my friend's dishes this time were marginal. The pasta had a sauce that was a little on the lemony side, I think! The dish contained a sausage that was terrible. They had always had a sausage that was very good, but this was awful. It's a friendly neighborhood place that I'll go back to, but not for a while.Special Features:
- Still a winnersonomastanVIPDined on 11/7/2013A terrific neighborhood restaurant that qualifies as one of the best in the city. Simple Italian cooking that has maintained its excellence for over 20 years. Not a fine dining space but comfortable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food at reasonableWelchmanDined on 10/31/2013Very good food at reasonable prices. Nice wine list and good serve staff. We have eaten here a number of times and never been disappointed. Consistently good food and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- He closes as 8:30 now????Billy2013VIPDined on 10/29/2013Owner tried to kick people out early, "a slow night" & cut expenses by letting cooks off early? Odd, bad & sad. Food quality pretty good, but owners rush odd. Made special dinner not fun or memorable positively :(Special Features:
- A find in cow hollowFogmanDined on 10/20/2013Accommodating , great food, great wait staff. We had originally reservations for four. Last minute change of plans with six additional hungry guests. They were able to accommodate all of us without a problem , even though they were booked for that hour. Try the FRUITA DE MARE. It was outstanding and better than we have had in Italia.Special Features:
- Excellent dining. A+A+A+jayhawkerDined on 10/19/2013This was a great dining experience with our whole family. Enjoyed the ambiance, great service an great food. A+A+A+. We strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ItaliancwdineVIPDined on 10/15/2013I have been eating at Pane e Vino for over 13 years and the pasta and pizza never disappoints! Pane e Vino serves traditional Pastas, pizzas and specialty dishes. All pastas are mouth watering and quite memorable. The service is also outstanding! I have been served by the same excellent staff in the 13 years that I have been enjoying Pane e vino.Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseGibsonDined on 10/4/2013I chose this place based on wanting an Italian spot in that neighborhood. We were supposed to meet there at 5:30 (kids involved) but my mom and sister got there before 5, and before they opened. Fabio the waiter gave them a big welcome and had them in, sitting with a glass of wine. His service, with the rest of the staff, proceeded from there, making us feel welcome and answering any questions we had. The food was great ( I had the veal piccatta) but it was the service and atmosphere (and 2 bottles of brunello) that really made the night.Special Features:
- way downhillmovingonVIPDined on 9/26/2013Pane e Vino was once reliable in an authentic old-school way. But our dinner was mediocre in every respect. Seems like it's time for a change-up. Otherwise, it's not unlike Olive Garden except more expensive (and the bread is better).
- Nothing to 'knock your socksOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/21/2013Nothing to 'knock your socks off' but good traditional Italian. The waiters provide great customer service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok expensive foodDiningMattersVIPDined on 9/20/2013Not bad, but too expensive for what you get. Overly fishy linguini and clams; and cold, under cooked veggies with pounded (1980's style) chicken. Inattentive waiter. Won't be returning.