1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: 6172275011x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Saturday and Sunday - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (93)romantic (78)good for groups (66)notable wine list (65)hot spot (49)great for outdoor dining (44)vibrant bar scene (36)great for brunch (22)late-night find (19)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Hot4FoodVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very enjoyable Friday evening dinner with good food and attentive service. We tried appetizers ranging from the more we'll-known (mussels, a fresh ceviche) to more uncommon (roasted marrow), all very good. Most of us went for different steak frites varieties (skirt, hanger) - all we'll executed and tasty. We also tried braised short ribs which were great. Overall, we left satisfied and in a great mood!Special Features:
- ChopMerimanVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is very good. Service is impeccable. Must have is Bone ,arrow and cheeks. Steaks are cooked to perfection. Pork belly Mac and cheese is delicious . Don't skip dessert.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatBostonmomof2VIPDined on 6/15/2014My family and I dined here and were disappointed in our dishes. The pork and hanger steak were okay, but we expected something better for the price we were paying. The oysters and prime rib steak were good. The fried chicken was also good. This was the second time we dined here and not sure if we will try it again for a third time.Special Features:
- Love ChopsEricDined on 6/14/2014Another great meal. Some items are pricey yet I think of BC as a terrific dining experience rather than THE "go-to" steak place in Boston. Some argue that the quality of the meat does not match some of the long-established steak houses in Boston (Grill 23, etc.) and I tend to agree. But it sure is in a different class than the Longhorn Steakhouse -- for sure. The staff is knowledgeable and professional -- also energetic and breezy (i.e., they all have an upbeat attitude). I love the vibe there. Lots of South End residents especially during the week, which makes it a nice high-end destination for friends or coworkers (if you work in town). Their wine menu is terrific and the staff make terrific suggestions.Special Features:
- Great all aroundRedlynch42Dined on 6/13/2014The food was outstanding but our service could not have been better. I highly recommend Boston ChopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with family was a hitDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 6/8/2014Service, Food and Drink were excellent. Music was a bit louder than our 95 y.o. Mom would have preferred, but conversation was possible with effort. Soundtrack was well chosen - mostly Sarah Jones + Daptones. Brunch menu offers broad array from standards to steaks and with some more creative riffs between. "Hash", a contemporized take, was very enjoyable, although they're no longer doing the sous vide egg with that. Which they should. But the poached were okay, if not as promised. Kale Omelet was enjoyed, and Huevos Rancheros (with braised beef cheek in place of chorizo) was delicious. Server was very nice. Attentive and responsive, but not obtrusive. Overall good experience. Looking forward to returning for dinner sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy's BirthdayCrookiesDined on 6/7/2014Our table was ready for us when the first of our party arrived. As usual the food was outstanding from the seafood tower appetizer, the stack of onion rings to the great steaks. Don't miss the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Our waitress was attentive and had some good suggestions. You will likely strike up a conversation with the people next to you, because what they are eating looks so interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and StuffBluejay6VIPDined on 6/7/2014Had dinner and drinks with a party of six Saturday night. Tasty apps of beef cheek, muscles, and calamari. Great steaks for all and well done cocktails. Very goodSpecial Features:
- Cool spotscooterrVIPDined on 6/6/2014First time here- Great food- great atmosphere- would definitely go back! The cocktails well done - steak cooked just the way it was orderedSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The food was great. Unfortunately, even with a reservation, we were seated in the bar. It was very loud. Make sure you request a table on dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak!02118Dined on 6/3/2014I had the best skirt steak I have ever had at Boston Chops, much better than what I was expecting for a less-pricey cut. Upscale steakhouse atmosphere in beautiful old bank building. Our waitress was very knowledgable and had a great personality. The only flaw was that the frites with my order of steak-frites did not come in a timely manner, I think an effect of their system of having a separate server bring them out after your plate is delivered to you. But overall, excellent and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Boston South EndjantdDined on 6/1/2014Traditional and cozy steak house reminescent of Chicago or New York. Oysters were delicious and the steaks were perfectly grilled. The pepper steak sauce was disappointing and the prices are on the upper end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but deliciousLulu13Dined on 6/1/2014If you want a tasty steak, they have it. I still think Ruth Chris has the best steaks thoughSpecial Features:
- Great Dinnerbrianna21Dined on 5/30/2014Great place. Steak frites are awesome. Try the Braised Cheek!Special Features:
- ExcellentbriantharrisonDined on 5/25/2014The food was outstanding, the service was attentive but not bothersome, and while the prices are a little high you get what you pay for, an excellent meal and experience.Special Features:
- Steaks were just mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Does not compare to other steakhouses. Steaks were cooked perfectly but had a strip of thick fat around them. Tripe was flavorless and the calomari was good but small. On a good note the bartender and servers were excellent.Special Features:
- Boston Chops is topsFalco79ADDined on 5/20/2014Best steak we ever ate! Excellent service. Attentive and knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Best filetjenjVIPDined on 5/18/2014I've been to just about every steakhouse in Boston and this is my favorite. Sides are delicious too. Make sure you get the sticky toffee pudding for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Our first visit with guests for a graduation dinner was memorable. Steaks were done exactly right. Desserts were tasty. Service was top rate; gracious and helpful, quick but not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite Boston steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014After trying all the chains - Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Smith & Wollenskys, Del Frisco's Boston Chops is a great change. Many unique features and touches from popovers instead of a breadbasket, special items like marrow dishes, John Dewar cut of the day and some of the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had and I eat it anywhere I can. Service was friendly and informative but not overdone and obtrusive. Great outdoor dining and people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY!!!!MOMMACHEFDined on 5/11/2014SPENT MOTHERS DAY HERE OUR FOOD AND THE ENTIRE EVENT WAS AMAZING OUR SERVER WAS THE BEST EVER!!!Special Features:
- Worthy of Chopped at ChopsSteveVIPDined on 5/11/2014A pun on the Food Show name, but we felt well fed and served for brunch on Mother's Day. Just bring lots of money. This place is not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Mother's DayClassySassyFoodieDined on 5/11/2014We had a great brunch experience with friends. The cocktails were amazing and the set menu was delicious!!!! We enjoyed dining at BOSTON CHOPS!!! The wait staff was fabulous!!!!! We'll be back...keep up the wonder service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchmxkieranDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and service. I am almost hesitant to spread the word about this place because I'm afraid it might become too difficult to get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesBigpawsDined on 5/11/2014We went to Boston Chops for brunch and were blown away. The food was flavorful and cooked perfectly. The service was top notch. The ambiance was romantic and chic. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too early??Jp515VIPDined on 5/11/2014Our server was delightful, helpful and very nice with the kids (Leah, I think). We'll be back. Nothing major. Bread basket was only filled with honey buns. One croissant. My crab meat (with grits) was totally hidden under the radicchio, so if I was someone who didn't eat that , I wouldn't have seen it. Just not nearly as impressive as we had experienced previously. Not sure if our guests will.Special Features:
- PerfectiongirlyfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Perfect all together!!!! First and foremost: OUTSTANDING QUALITY OF FOOD!!!!! VERY CREATIVE approach!!!! FABULOUS SERVICE!!!! THE BEST!!!!Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014We had an amazing time celebrating a special event. The Boston Chops team went above and beyond, reserving us a quiet table, and ensuring that we had an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Amazing service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2014From start to finish, this place is run by pros. Service is perfect, warm, efficient and not "hovering". Food is awesome and the best is the hot fries offered with your steak!!! Service and ambiance make this my new go to steak restaurant - Grill 23, Abe and Louie's, Moo have nothing on this place.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner with a groupSG2014Dined on 5/8/2014We had a group of 9 who could all say they had a fantastic meal and great service. We will all come back again soon. The prices are acceptable especially for te quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carlosDined on 5/6/2014The food quality was good and cooked perfectly, as we each had steaks. The sides, especially the spicy broccolli, were very tasty. Also, the desserts (pudding and chocolate cake) were wonderful. However, I thought the sauces (we tried the chimichurra, peppercorn, and horseradish) were not great and definitely misnamed. Neither the chimichurra, nor the peppercorn, were anything similar to what diners expect with those names, and honestly, they were disappointing. The service was great and our server was very helpful in making food suggestions. Given the price of the restaurant, we can only go on rare occasions.Special Features:
- A great addition to the South Endsue1VIPDined on 5/4/2014At our son's suggestion, we tried Chops on a recent Sunday evening. It was a great dining experience. We like its new decor, comfortable, unpretentious and up-scale all in one. The menu is excellent with an emphasis on various cuts of beef for the entrees, although I had their scallop entree, and it was outstanding. As well, the brussel sprout side. We went overboard on appetizers, and they were all perfectly prepared. It is well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total experience was not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014It started from the beginning. We were sat about 35 minutes after our reservation and took an additional 25 minutes for somebody to come over to get our drink order and greet us. It was slow service all around. When drinks got ordered some never came. One of the steaks was cooked wrong and when we pointed it out, we were told "well it looks almost done right are you sure?". When we told the manager, they did apologize and try to make things better but it soured an evening that was supposed to be a birthday get-together. I have been to this place multiple times and do believe this was just an off night. Everybody deserves a second chance but it will be hard for us to come back.
- Food is excellent ! Service NOT!TrixieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We arrived on time and were seated right away at a very nice table near the window. It was my Mom's birthday so we were ready for a festive evening. Once we sat it was almost 25" before the waiter came to our table. We asked the person who came to give us water if she could get our waiter . When he first came over he seemed to be mad and said "you want to order !" We said we had been sitting for 25" and wanted to order a drink and then look over the menu. The drinks did not come for approx. 15" , meaning it was 45" before we got our drink. We ordered , food was excellent but service issues continued . We had to ask numerous times for things , 3 times for my Moms 2nd glass of wine. Bill was overcharged $25, for wrong entrée . DisappointedSpecial Features:
- Wait staff who don't careNYCBOSNYCVIPDined on 5/2/2014Water came right away. Ordered cocktails which took 30 minutes to deliver - and were delivered by another server. Waited another 10 minutes before our order taken. Watched our server chat with other another table for 25 minutes. Did not come over until after entrees delivered to ask if we wanted wine. Wine came after 3/4 done with food. Quick to deliver check but after waiting 20 minutes to pay with credit card - we left cash. We have been at restaurant four times prior - probably won't return. Was the server's goal to make diners feel invisible? Unwanted? Not valued? A shame how lousy, unfriendly service can ruin a meal.
- Great ExperiencebeeranddisneyDined on 5/2/2014We enjoyed a wonderful celebration dinner at Boston Chops after our son's college graduation. Our server was very helpful and made some great recommendations as it was our first time dining here. Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly. Our only complaint was that we were too full to try any of the delicious sounding desserts!Special Features:
- Excellent menuFletchDined on 5/1/2014The steak was cooked perfectly and the sides were delicious. The staff are very knowledgable and professional. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamiDined on 4/29/2014Everything was awesome. Shocked by the price but I'd pay it again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburb Meal in a Cool EnviromentCourtneyTVIPDined on 4/29/2014At the last minute, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner out at Boston Chops. We were able to get seats at the bar and were served by the handsome and charming bartender Kiko. Not only was he knowledgeable about the various wines, but he knew all about the menu and had great recommendations. He was very attentive and fun to chat with. Our meal was top notch, steaks were beautifully cooked to order. It's a beautiful space, almost rustic and industrial yet sophisticated space, not your usual white table cloth steak house. Delicious meal in a cool hip atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parking and waterstarbilliasDined on 4/25/2014It is very difficult to find parking and I did not want to valet my 85k car. I am very big on bottled water and they have house water only which they pour in a glass bottle from a fountain. Further, when I was being served a piece of bread came out of the bottle in my glass. Very gross. I server went and got me a new glass. The food is phenomenal and made up for it but a place in this league should offer bottle water. Also, don't have apple pucker so don't plan on ordering a martini!I would recommend this to a friend.