1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: 6172275011x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Saturday and Sunday - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)fit for foodies (105)neighborhood gem (91)romantic (79)good for groups (63)notable wine list (63)great for outdoor dining (50)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (34)great for brunch (22)late-night find (21)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- EnzoprivateDined on 7/29/2014This is obviously a great place for first time visitors in Boston. The place is nicely decorated even the ambience that night was quiet. Food and in particular, the meat were very good.
- Great steakhousePEHAPPYDined on 7/26/2014It was our last night in Boston before coming back to Montreal and we were looking for a great place to eat a good steak. We were really please with this restaurant. Our server (Brian) was really friendly and passionate about is job. I ordered a filet mignon and it was perfect. Actually, i think it was the best I ever ate. My gf ordered a flat iron steak who was pretty good and tender for the price. They have a great wine selection wich is a must in our opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findehh11VIPDined on 7/26/2014First visit to Boston Chops....amazing meal....perfect service and a nice cool outdoor table. I am a Grill 23 fanatic but this one may get in the way. We will be back.Special Features:
- Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014Stumbled upon this place one morning, when a nearby brunch place wouldn't seat 5 outside because it was "their policy"... and I'm really glad they didn't! I thought it was just a steakhouse that would be open for lunch/dinner, but they've got brunch as well! They start you off with complimentary sticky buns which was a nice welcome. 5 of us there: 3 got huevos rancheros, 1 got fried chicken/biscuits, and I got the Brisket, shank & grilled tongue hash. One word: Deliciousness! Fast forward 20 mins, plates were wiped clean and we were leaving satisfied. Will definitely be back for brunch again! Great outdoor seating as well!Special Features:
- DeliciousBostonGalVIPDined on 7/25/2014Boston chops does it all well - service, food, and decor. I've gone for brunch and dinner and have been thoroughly impressed each timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!brittanyvictoriaDined on 7/23/2014Great service and AMAZING food! Calamari is always delicious!Special Features:
- Pricey but GoodFletchDined on 7/23/2014Although I wouldn't call it new anymore, I had been looking forward to check out a new steak house in town that would be a break from the stuffy steak houses of Boston. The food was great. The jumbo shrimp were huge, the wedge was fantastic and the sides were all great takes on classic offerings. The steak, well it was steak, but cooked well. They offer dipping sauces, stay away from the BBQ but all the others were great (you can ask for more than one). Cocktail list was great but the execution on some of them were a miss. Dessert was unneeded but well done, nothing new. It was expensive though, about 80-100 bucks pp. I'd go again, but to just grab a salad and some raw bar offerings at the bar. Great music, which was appreciated.Special Features:
- Food and Service were amazing!!MitchDined on 7/22/2014Everything was delicious. Our server was super attentive but not pushy. Absolutely Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakhouseKatherine111Dined on 7/19/2014So impressed by our visit to Boston Chops. Everything we ordered had so much flavor from our cocktails, to french onion soup, to the hangar and skirt steak entrees. The service was also fantastic and very attentive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!scoopDined on 7/19/2014Service and food was outstanding! Highly Recommend!Special Features:
- OverpricedGaruVIPDined on 7/18/2014Way overpriced for what you get. Appetizer was tasteless....main course minimal....dessert goodSpecial Features:
- Third B-Chops brunch in three weeksDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014…and it's been good every time. Something for everyone from grandma through young diners. About ready to take the show somewhere else for a break - but it's only because grandma is starting to remember that we've been there before. The novelty held up for 3 weeks though. She got to enjoy the huevos rancheros 3 Sundays in a row - and each time as if the first. Don't forget to visit the Cathedral across the way after brunch - or if you've got time take in SOWA Sunday.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding dining experience, great menu, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- GlenDined on 7/11/2014great steaks and special items..interesting drink menu..Ambience is balanced. Downtown steak place with South end vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty food and slow serviceLizDDined on 7/8/2014I'd been looking forward to trying Boston Chops for a while. Probably my mistake for ordering something besides beef. Everything was too salty and getting and paying the bill shouldn't take over 10 minutes.
- Great Restauranttoms33Dined on 7/6/2014Boston Chops was a recommendation by a friend for dinner for me and my girlfriend and it ended up being the best dine-out dinner I have had in years. The waitress was very knowledgable with regards to both the food selection as well as the drink and wine pairings. The appetizers and main courses were exceptional. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neightborhood FindMetroWestFoodieDined on 7/1/2014Boston Chops is my favorite go to restaurant for business dinners and special occasions. The best steak I've ever eaten and service is impeccable. You won't be dispaointedSpecial Features:
- Great steak houseddf8VIPDined on 6/29/2014Usually steak places are unbelievably expensive--this one was reasonable and fabulous. Outstanding service and overall great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.Ted1VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food was quite good. The steaks and especially the fried chicken were very well prepared. Try the spicy broccoli -- unusual and a treat. The warm chocolate cake was exceptionally good. The tables for two are a little small; we requested a booth, which came with a seat very, very soft, so you sunk down. It was actually uncomfortable, as was the loud hard rock music. Two very odd and unpleasant features for an otherwise really enjoyable meal and evening experience.Special Features:
- Fit for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2014Apps out of the ordinary. Raw bar along with items such as chicken fried sweetbreads and roasted bone marrow. Beef dishes were good but a bit pricey. Desserts were outstanding and service was impeccable. And excellent addition to the south end dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehneulptDined on 6/21/2014We went on a Saturday night hoping for a small, well prepared, rational piece of good red meat. (We usually split an 8 oz filet)...The evening started with the waitress spilling a drink on the party next to us...It was not the spill-but their shocked discussion about lack of a management reaction to the spill that occupied our attention for the next 1 1/2 hours as we waited for our food. Our waitress was very inexperienced, kept promising to come right back and then vanishing. We also felt she kept suggesting 10 and 14 oz options (selling up)....It is really a shame as the food was quite good. Our feeling is that they are understaffed for the loud and energetic crowd. To be fair--it must be doing something right as it was packed.Special Features:
- Rarely in Boston; a special treatmadaboutmeatDined on 6/21/2014We came looking for great meat (of all varieties) and we found it! Beautiful NY strip, delicious pork chop, perfectly prepared cow heart...and on top of that, the salads were wonderful, the ceviche was very nice, and the waitstaff was the all we could ask for. I would go again most definitely when in search of good meat!Special Features:
- weekend brunchellebeeVIPDined on 6/21/2014I didn't know brunch was served here, but it was listed on the thrillist app and had good reviews, so I decided to try it out. It was a prefect day, so i was glad we could get a table outside. the place was not overly busy, we were seated promptly, and service was good. they allowed substitutions to menu items, so i was able to get the cornbread. it was a bit dry. the kale omelet was delicious. my friend had the huevos rancheros which were very sweet, i think because of mole sauce. could have used a little more seasoning. Overall though, the food was very good. side of bacon was perfect. would have brunch here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent customer servicefoodie617Dined on 6/20/2014The staff were very attentive and friendly. They went above and beyond to explain the menu since it was me and my husband's first time there. It was a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot4FoodVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very enjoyable Friday evening dinner with good food and attentive service. We tried appetizers ranging from the more we'll-known (mussels, a fresh ceviche) to more uncommon (roasted marrow), all very good. Most of us went for different steak frites varieties (skirt, hanger) - all we'll executed and tasty. We also tried braised short ribs which were great. Overall, we left satisfied and in a great mood!Special Features:
- ChopMerimanVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is very good. Service is impeccable. Must have is Bone ,arrow and cheeks. Steaks are cooked to perfection. Pork belly Mac and cheese is delicious . Don't skip dessert.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatBostonmomof2VIPDined on 6/15/2014My family and I dined here and were disappointed in our dishes. The pork and hanger steak were okay, but we expected something better for the price we were paying. The oysters and prime rib steak were good. The fried chicken was also good. This was the second time we dined here and not sure if we will try it again for a third time.Special Features:
- Love ChopsEricDined on 6/14/2014Another great meal. Some items are pricey yet I think of BC as a terrific dining experience rather than THE "go-to" steak place in Boston. Some argue that the quality of the meat does not match some of the long-established steak houses in Boston (Grill 23, etc.) and I tend to agree. But it sure is in a different class than the Longhorn Steakhouse -- for sure. The staff is knowledgeable and professional -- also energetic and breezy (i.e., they all have an upbeat attitude). I love the vibe there. Lots of South End residents especially during the week, which makes it a nice high-end destination for friends or coworkers (if you work in town). Their wine menu is terrific and the staff make terrific suggestions.Special Features:
- Great all aroundRedlynch42Dined on 6/13/2014The food was outstanding but our service could not have been better. I highly recommend Boston ChopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch with family was a hitDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 6/8/2014Service, Food and Drink were excellent. Music was a bit louder than our 95 y.o. Mom would have preferred, but conversation was possible with effort. Soundtrack was well chosen - mostly Sarah Jones + Daptones. Brunch menu offers broad array from standards to steaks and with some more creative riffs between. "Hash", a contemporized take, was very enjoyable, although they're no longer doing the sous vide egg with that. Which they should. But the poached were okay, if not as promised. Kale Omelet was enjoyed, and Huevos Rancheros (with braised beef cheek in place of chorizo) was delicious. Server was very nice. Attentive and responsive, but not obtrusive. Overall good experience. Looking forward to returning for dinner sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jimmy's BirthdayCrookiesDined on 6/7/2014Our table was ready for us when the first of our party arrived. As usual the food was outstanding from the seafood tower appetizer, the stack of onion rings to the great steaks. Don't miss the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Our waitress was attentive and had some good suggestions. You will likely strike up a conversation with the people next to you, because what they are eating looks so interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and StuffBluejay6VIPDined on 6/7/2014Had dinner and drinks with a party of six Saturday night. Tasty apps of beef cheek, muscles, and calamari. Great steaks for all and well done cocktails. Very goodSpecial Features:
- Cool spotscooterrDined on 6/6/2014First time here- Great food- great atmosphere- would definitely go back! The cocktails well done - steak cooked just the way it was orderedSpecial Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014The food was great. Unfortunately, even with a reservation, we were seated in the bar. It was very loud. Make sure you request a table on dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak!02118Dined on 6/3/2014I had the best skirt steak I have ever had at Boston Chops, much better than what I was expecting for a less-pricey cut. Upscale steakhouse atmosphere in beautiful old bank building. Our waitress was very knowledgable and had a great personality. The only flaw was that the frites with my order of steak-frites did not come in a timely manner, I think an effect of their system of having a separate server bring them out after your plate is delivered to you. But overall, excellent and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Boston South EndjantdDined on 6/1/2014Traditional and cozy steak house reminescent of Chicago or New York. Oysters were delicious and the steaks were perfectly grilled. The pepper steak sauce was disappointing and the prices are on the upper end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but deliciousLulu13Dined on 6/1/2014If you want a tasty steak, they have it. I still think Ruth Chris has the best steaks thoughSpecial Features:
- Great Dinnerbrianna21Dined on 5/30/2014Great place. Steak frites are awesome. Try the Braised Cheek!Special Features:
- ExcellentbriantharrisonDined on 5/25/2014The food was outstanding, the service was attentive but not bothersome, and while the prices are a little high you get what you pay for, an excellent meal and experience.Special Features:
- The following 386 reviews are from the Boston Chops reviews archive.
- Steaks were just mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Does not compare to other steakhouses. Steaks were cooked perfectly but had a strip of thick fat around them. Tripe was flavorless and the calomari was good but small. On a good note the bartender and servers were excellent.Special Features: