1375 Washington St
Boston, MA 02118Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bostonchops.com/
- Phone: 6172275011x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:00 until close
Dinner open at 5:00pm until 10:00pm (Thu - Sat until 11:00pm)
Brunch Saturday and Sunday - 10:00am until 3:00pm (Bar is open all day)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: www.BostonChops.com
A word from Boston Chops
Contemporary, stylish and inviting, Boston Chops is a modern interpretation of a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Boston Chops - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Boston Chops reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (90)romantic (78)good for groups (70)notable wine list (66)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (45)vibrant bar scene (36)great for brunch (23)late-night find (20)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/30/2013Very expensive. Food was good, nothing stood out. Cocktails were great. Service is very slow. Restaurant is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad TasteDiningAddictDined on 5/29/2013Great food as always with a spectacular wine selection...these guys are pro's. I entertain every week for work and the service was an embarrassment. 1.5 hours between steak orders and delivery without an apology or an explanation. The server did not ask if we wanted desert, coffee, anything else. I have entertained and been here before with much better results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations - A Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2013I went here for dinner to catch up with a friend and our experience was absolutely great. The staff was poised and knowledgeable, and provided good suggestions from the menu. The bread served were popovers, served hot from the oven in their baking cups. Both of our meals were delightful. Everything was cooked perfectly. Our waitress was attentive, but not annoyingly so, which stood out to me as something many waitresses have not mastered. We ordered dessert, because the meal was so good, we thought the dessert must be too. We were right. Unfortunately, we were so full, neither of us could finish our desserts - so if you go here, make sure to leave room for dessert! Its delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/26/2013Food was great. Wait staff was mixed - busers were attentive but wait staff was very arrogant toward customers. Wine list was not great. Our food took over 2 hours due to a mix up at the table next to us (who the waiter seemed to know) and we received a very delayed heads up that our food would take longer, but no apology. Probably would avoid returning due to wait staff attitude, although food was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/26/2013Boston Chops has by far the best steak in Boston. We also loved the sides - the pork belly mac and cheese was delicious, as was the spinach. One of our favorite parts of the menu was the "Rarely Celebrated." We tried bone marrow for the first time and it was amazing. We look forward to trying other items from this list. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly, and even suggested we take the bones from the marrow home for our dog. The only downside to this restaurant is that the tables are placed very close together. Overall, however, we had a really wonderful evening and can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceschackmsDined on 5/25/2013We have been trying to make our way over to Boston Chops since it opened and I'm so glad we finally made it. The ambiance of the restaurant along with the food couldn't have been any better. Can't wait to go back again even if it's just for cocktails at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New EditionOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2013My husband said it was the best steak he has had in Boston in a long time...enough said!!!!!! Loved the cocktails too!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband loved his bonebarbVIPDined on 5/23/2013My husband loved his bone marrow and his short ribs.....but thought that his main course could have come with some sort of a side.... I have never had a rib eye without a bone.....disappointed about that. Not as tasty as some....... For a steak house.......sort of a strange selection of steaks. Either gigantic and pricey or small and boneless......... Probably the skirt steak would have been better choice...but I can do that at home on the grill........
- new steak place deliverscageyleftyVIPDined on 5/23/2013Boston Chops has good potential. Good steak, tasty fries, comfortable seating. Need a little better organization of sides and how they are offered - you get more if you order less (!) Grill 33 and Abe and Louise still top of the line. This one is close behind. Give it a try this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak housePeach20Dined on 5/22/2013Food was very good service needed work in that I received my cold seafood appetizer 5 minutes before my husband received his hot appetizer the waiter as very apologetic he was very good his name was Chris. Everything was cooked properly.Special Features:
- Great Vibe - not the best steakValerieVIPDined on 5/21/2013My husband and I recently came here for our anniversary. We were disappointed when seated right next to another couple (close enough to seem as though we were eating with them) when there were so many open tables. Our server was great, but it was awkward when he repeated the specials to both tables. Food highlights include the Chopped Salad, and the Onion ring tower. The steaks were a bit sub-par for a steakhouse. My NY strip was somewhat tough and lacked flavor. We both needed salt and there was none to be found. We passed on dessert after seeing the menu and portion sizes around us for the price. The wine list was extensive, including half bottles, but seemed overpriced. Would maybe return for a drink as the ambiance was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun & tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/20/2013Great food, really top notch service. The music (dance/house) was the wrong choice on a Monday night with a mostly empty bar but they did turn it down when we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FInally......A unique Steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/20/2013Keep in mind my experience was on a rainy Monday night at 6:15pm Loved that unique food such as tripe, and oxtail croquettes were offered. All steaks were excellent, Hanger, Bone-In Fillet and NY Strip. The service was attentive water glasses always filled, the waiter was very nice, but rather pushy with insisting on the "tower" of seafood which he said was so great people took pictures of it. It was very common. The Friscee salad was excellent. The steak frites were great. The food is excellent. The martini's are great. The place did get very crowed at about 8pm and the noise level is high and the tables are very close. The Toffee desert is excellent, again very unique Happy that it's unique to Boston, it's not a CHAIN!Special Features:
- WowItalianfoodloverVIPDined on 5/19/2013Food was superb. Restaurant looks great too. Great addition to the South End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Licking my chops...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2013Came here to celebrate my graduation with a group of friends and family. We feasted. Drinks were delicious, sides were SUPERB (asparagus, brussel sprouts, mac n cheese, spicy broccoli, morel mushrooms), and mains (steak, scallops, pork chops, pasta). You could have sides for dinner. It's that good!! I loved starting with the hot popover!! YUM!Special Features:
- WowBurellsDined on 5/18/2013What a terrific evening! Amazing food and terrific service. Located in the South side is sometimes a challange for visitors but it is worth the extra 5-10 minutes. Will be remembering the steak and especially the deserts for some time. Will be definiately coming back!
- Tough ServiceBostonDiner23VIPDined on 5/18/2013The food was good, not great, but the service was really lackluster. We were in a rush and yet it took over two hours to eat with a 45+ minute span between appetizers and entrees. Out waiter was a bit condescending as we asked questions about the menu and wines, and it took him 15 minutes to get us the check when we asked. I'd perhaps return because the location is convenient for me, but I'm not in any hurry, at all.
- Boston Chops - New Hot SpotBrocktonDinerVIPDined on 5/18/2013This steak house goes one step further, offering several unusual menu items (Heart, sweetbreads, bone marrow) and presentations. Prepared plates are a decent value with a smallish piece of high quality beef, excellent frites and greens or appropriate sides of the chefs choosing. The large premium cuts of meat come a la carte. Prepare to purchase sides as in a high end steak house. Service was very attentive. It was a nice evening and the front walls were open to the sidewalk. Although a nice idea, the noise of traffic and buses was distracting and at times annoying. Seating was close and not very comfortable for a romantic dinner. Plan on spending at least $100 per person with drinks and before gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never do reviews . But couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2013I never do reviews . But couldn't resist this one . Great take on the classic American steak house with a modern Touch. Top 5 in Boston and I've been to all the best ones. Steak was cooked to perfection. Apps and sides Where amazing . Desert delicious! Only gripe was the sub par Service from waitress. But in her defense it was a busy Friday night. Still no excuse for the Lack of attention. I will def be returning on a weekday just to see if service is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Take on a Steak HousecatfishVIPDined on 5/17/2013Solid food in a fun atmosphere. The steak might not blow you away, but the sides were fantastic. I'd recommend for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013We enjoyed our first experience at Boston Chops and certainly will go back soon. Great bar, great food and a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new steakhouse!hryb14VIPDined on 5/16/2013Had a fantastic birthday dinner @ Boston Chops! Great new spot in the south end. Not stuffy like some high end steakhouses. Good energy, good vibe. Had a delicious ketel martini to start with blue cheese stuffed olives that were delicious! For starters, we had the roasted bone marrow which was just ok. Entrees, I had the rib eye and my wife had the filet and both were cooked perfectly and absolutely delicious. For sides we had the spinach and duck fat fried fingerling potatoes which were both outstanding. For dessert we shared a sticky toffee pudding which was also excellent. Shared a nice napa cabernet too with dinner that was good and affordable. Our server was great as well, very helpful and attentive but not over-bearing. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 'feel' and fantastic food.ChambersDined on 5/14/2013The inside is classic and hip...not sure how they accomplished both flavors of decor but they did so. The lighting is warm and inviting, and the furniture is dark wood and dimpled leather, but modern. This is a 'hip' steakhouse feel...if Capitol Grill were cooler, and more vibrant, it would be Boston Chop. I don't eat red meat so was placed to see fish on the menu that was *delicious*, perfectly prepared. Sides were particularly good: Tasty, generous portions and Boston Chop was flexible to eliminate the red meat accents to the sides. Delicious and great ambiance!Special Features:
- Great place for steak in South End!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2013Wonderful bone-in tenderloin, walnut salad and creme brulee!Special Features:
- Best Dinner in Boston in Many YearsBostonFoodistaDined on 5/12/2013Three of us had a fabulous dinner last week, with each of us enjoying different meals. Salads contain high end and local produce, with refined dressings. The crispy egg frisee salad is unique, and just delicious. John Dewar cut is almost more than one person can handle, with the 14 ounce steaks very filling. Each steak was perfectly seasoned and cooked exactly as requestd. Unobtrusive female waiter was the best in Boston to date. FOH are exceedingly polite, kind, and efficient. Wine list is French and American with a few Italian, and worthy of a Wine Spectator award. Best dinner in Boston in many years, rating food, service, and wine as superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FILET EVER!AdalinaDined on 5/11/2013This was probably THE MOST AMAZING filet I have ever had! It was cooked perfectly. The accompanying fries were so crispy and delicious, as were the onion rings we ordered. I took my husband here for his 30th birthday and we both loved it and can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Amazing meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013Had dinner for 4 here past weekend, all 4 of us got different dishes and all 4 were EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLove2eatDined on 5/11/2013Food was top notch. Everything ordered exceeded expectations. Service was amazing . I can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013Food was simply excellent. Service was top notch. Great ambience. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was one of the best diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2013This was one of the best dining experiences that I have had. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The menu included traditional steak house fare with more exotic additions like bone marrow and oxtail. And the atmosphere was fun and energetic. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great steak house, with extraOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2013Great steak house, with extra touches that make it more interesting than the usual steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great Service and Lots of MeatKimbaVIPDined on 5/8/2013Heather our server was just amazing with a great attention to service without being too much. Also because of a few glitches in our order she comped the late dish or ramps and a drink. Highlghts are the great selection of cuts for meat lovers and the sticky toffee pudding. This is a steakhouse so portions are large and shareable. My DC enjoyed the beef cheeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in Bostondatenight4twoDined on 5/5/2013I have tried all the usual haunts - Capital Grille, Grill 23, Morton's, etc. - you name it, I have probably tried it. Boston Chops is by far the best steakhouse in the Boston area in my opinion. Everything we had was fantastic. From the really fresh oyster starters, the perfectly grilled ribeyes, to the fantastic sides (we had the spicy brocoli and the poutine potatoes). If you are looking for a steak joint, give Boston Chops a try. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2013Love this restaurant. I've been 3 times and have had consistently great meals each time. A great addition to the South End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks and DrinkstwoplusoneVIPDined on 4/30/2013Chops has some serious cuts, and a wonderful wine list (as well as interesting takes on classic cocktails that are worth trying - esp, the Old Town and Negroni). Oh, the restaurant definitely passed the Creme Brule and Hot Chocolate Cake tests! Service was wonderful - thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/29/2013Took my nephews for their birthdays. They are real carnivores so a steak house fit the bill. The space has been a restaurant before and has been totally redone in leather, chrome and glass. It fits my requirement in that it is not too noisy to have a conversation, and there is enough light to read the menu. This was a Monday evening so the noise level may be higher later in the week. Service was attentive but not in your face, the server knowledgeable about the menu, and the food arrived in a timely manner. We had different cuts, cooked differently and the meat came perfectly done to our orders. Fries and greens, in this case lightly dressed arugula were included. Not cheap but good value for the money,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2013Our waitress was amazing and explained the wines and best pairings to the food items we were getting and she was spot on. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes a good meal and a good a beverage ego complement your meal.Special Features:
- Must go here!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/24/2013Best meal and restaurant experience we have had in a long time. Food was excellent - starting with the popovers and all the way through the short ribs and the hangar steak. Service was amazing - truly, all the staff was friendly and helpful and solicitous without being too present.Special Features:
- Braised Cheeks are to dieMrB1972Dined on 4/23/2013Braised Cheeks are to die for!!. Great meat, well presented and cooked to perfection. Really nice long bar, great cocktails good selection of beers. Classy but not, too classy.Special Features:
- They really should have BudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2013They really should have Bud Lights available. It is a steak house. and even though it has the hopes to be upscale and eclectic, I assume they will need to attract the generic steak house crowd in order to fill the seats. And most of those folks drink bud lights or buds.Special Features: