4520 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.due-lire.com/
- Phone: 7732757878x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Make DueLire Your Own! Looking for a unique space for your next private party? Private luncheons or full restaurant buy-outs are available. Contact Massimo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 773.278.7575 for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Di Voulo 7732757878x
- Special Events: WINE WEDNESDAYS
Join us every Wednesday for half price bottles of wine.
A word from Due Lire
Welcome to Due Lire Vino & Cucina, located in the vibrant Chicago neighborhood of Lincoln Square. Our dynamic menu highlights authentic Italian recipes made with seasonal and local ingredients with a contemporary twist. Indulge in a variety of dishes from antipastas and crostoni to homemade pasta and desserts.Continued
Bring your friends, meet new ones, celebrate life through great food, wine and entertaining conversation. We look forward to seeing you!
Bring your friends, meet new ones, celebrate life through great food, wine and entertaining conversation. We look forward to seeing you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Due Lire reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (41)special occasion (30)romantic (28)notable wine list (24)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- One of the best italian restaurantsBobNVIPDined on 4/1/2014One of the best italian restaurants in Chicago! Their ever changing menu keeps you coming back for more and the owner Massimo and his wait staff are completely charming.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2014Comfortable setting, elegant meal, and friendly service.Special Features:
- Good Italian near Old Town SchoolPhilBDined on 3/23/2014We made reservations to follow a great concert at Old School. Cozy atmosphere, very friendly and helpful service . Food was very tasty, we had ravioli two varieties, squash is sweet and rich. Calamari is fried but not overly crusty, just right, salads are limited but good. Italian wine choices more than most places and not expensive for restaurant prices. Overall, a great experience, tasty food and excellent service and we plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2014We have eaten here a number of times, and every time the food is fantastic and the staff are friendly and attentive. We brought our pre-teen picky eater this time and they worked with her to provide her a delicious and interesting meal instead of a boring, stand-by kid menu.Special Features:
- the food is yummy and homey.luisadosVIPDined on 3/22/2014the food is yummy and homey. polenta fries. yum. butternut squash salad with greens and candied nuts. delish. pork loin stuffed with herbs and short rib ravioli. all were delicious. the service was good, if a little slow. the place is so bloody noisy. it's such a small room and for some reason it's incredibly loud. I look forward to going back on a quieter nite and ordering some home made pasta.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsinvisableVIPDined on 3/22/2014One of our favorite restaurants - food is always excellent, service friendly and well informed about the ingredients and options. Love the Gnocchi - so light and wonderful. Not your usual "big plate of red sauce" Chicago Italian. Small plates, so you can try several things. Recommend the veal meatballs, the beet salad, any sauce with the Gnocchi and any risotto they have on the menu. Masimo and the wait staff are friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Food is good butOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/21/2014While the food was very good, the restaurant was unable to deal with a large group of 8 dinners.
- Quite the findMikeBikerVIPDined on 3/15/2014If you want to try a place that has great, bold Italian flavors, this is it! We had the short rib ravioli and the braised pork shoulder, both done wonderfully. The prices are very reasonable, including the wine. Very casual and very good service!Special Features:
- A consistently great spotboloVIPDined on 3/7/2014Due Lire is a place we visit often, and have found it to be enjoyable and reliable time after time. The food is creative, and extremely well prepared. The service is friendly and top notch in every way. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love this restaurant. thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014we love this restaurant. this is our special romantic place. the food is fantastic and served by very attentive wait staff. simply; this is our perfect date night. we have had 7-8 dinners mostly as couple, twice with group, and we have never, NEVER been disappointed. good wine selection, very cute outdoor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian FoodChicagoFriendsDined on 3/2/2014Due Lire is a 'neighborhood gem'. It's near the Old Town School concert hall, and perfect for dinner before a show. The food was delicious, fresh, and the menu had lots of choices. We had salads with butternut squash and nuts, delicious. Also had a special risotto, eggplant appetizer, gnocchi. All were delicious. Good wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very goodGaryCoVIPDined on 2/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Due Lire. The salad and calamari fritti were well prepared and very tasty. The steak entree was very good too, but the braised short rib ravioli was simply marvelous. My wife and I, as well as the mother and son at the table next to us, were all gushing about how flavorful and delicious it was. The braised short rib should be their signature dish and remain on the menu forever. As a side, our dinner far surpassed the meal we had at the Michelin starred Blackbird on the next evening. My wife and I both agreed that the Michelin star should be transferred from the Blackbird to Due Lire. Rush to Due Lire the next time you dine in Chicago. A Wonderful Place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ItalianprginoVIPDined on 2/19/2014Homemade pasta, great specials and they've improved the sound by adding panels to the ceiling were all brilliant. I don't know why it took so long to check out this place. Glad we finally did. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massimo the owner was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Massimo the owner was very engaging and energetic. Food was great. The restaurant could use a bar area and a facelift - which I understand is on the way. One suggestion - check the price of the wine you order.Special Features:
- Great First Time Dinner HereDebGVIPDined on 2/15/2014Everything was great - our server was friendly & knowledgeable about the food, our bottle of wine was very good, and all of our food was wonderful (appetizers, entrees & desserts). We were disappointed that it seemed loke something clearly happened in between our appetizers and entrees as we waited probably around a 1/2 an hour for our entrees (either they forgot about us or it was given to another table?). But we'd go back - great, small and intimate Italian restaurant that was very friendly with top notch food!Special Features:
- We went to Due Lire for ValentinesThomasDined on 2/15/2014We went to Due Lire for Valentines day and they had a great Valentine menu. We were able to share and so tried the Valentine special menu. Food was great, but the quarters are cramped and it became a little noisy. It is a nice neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute findKristinabDined on 2/14/2014We came here on valentines day, after having reservations at a restaurant that fell through due to overbooking - I opened up my opentable app and searched for somewhere nearby with an open reservation, and luckily, Due Lire popped up. We had never been here before or heard anything about it, but decided to give it a chance. We walked in and were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance, decor, and friendliness of the hostess and waitstaff. We were seated after just a few minutes, and were blown away at the amazing menu choices. We shared two appetizers, polenta fries and calamari, both of which were perfection. We also shared the roast chicken and mashed potatoes, and the short rib ravioli. Our waiter was fantastic, and we left full and happy.Special Features:
- Great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/12/2014Due Lire has friendly, knowledgeable and efficient servers, excellent food, and a very welcoming owner. Prices and portion sizes are both very reasonable, and we love the half-price wine on Wednesdays.
- Top Notch Service and foodChristineEDined on 2/8/2014I have lived in Lincoln Square for 8 years and have been meaning to check out Due Lire for quite awhile. What have I been thinking? A friend and I dined here on Saturday night and had a great experience. Kelly our server walked us through the menu and since we were sharing, paced our items out perfectly. We had new place and utensils with each course. They have a expansive wine list with numerous affordable options. We had the short rib ravioli and the special skate wing and everything was cooked to perfection. I will definitively be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014Food, wine selection, and staff are great. Nuff said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian place. I hadRohitDined on 2/7/2014Great Italian place. I had ordered steak and my girlfriend had ordered spaghetti. Both were outstanding. The tables are a bit close to each other as this is a small place. But we did not care for that. Service was great.Special Features:
- Owner Massimo is one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/18/2014Owner Massimo is one of the best host's in town. The kitchen consistently turns out made from scratch delicious pasta, and the service is always friendly and professional. Love this place.Special Features:
- Always goodParentsWithASitterDined on 1/18/2014A small indoor dining area with additional outdoor seating when Chicago weather allows, great authentic Italian food with a friendly staff that's easy to get to knowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and fun neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2014Our food was wonderful and truly delicious. The portion sizes were perfect...not huge like so many places! The quality was excellent from the appetizers and salads to the fish and pastas. Our waitress was friendly and fun and gave us helpful recommendations on both food and wine. The staff overall was very friendly and wanted you to enjoy yourself, yet they weren't hovering or overbearing., nor did they rush you. The only slight downside is that it's quite loud...it didn't bother us too much as we were a table of 3 and could talk and converse without difficulty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food at Due LireOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2014Love the food at Due Lire and have been there many times. Never disappointed in food or service. Just find it a bit too loud to carry on conversation at table of four people.Special Features:
- Love this placeKathyDined on 12/29/2013This was our third timing dining at Due Lire and they never disappoint. Recommend requesting specials from the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but crowded and noisy.RedRavenswoodDined on 12/28/2013We arrived on time for our reservation and were made to wait nearly 1/2 an hour in a space about 6 feet square until the exact table that they wanted us to sit at opened up, even though there were many empty tables in the restaurant, so that was not a great way to start. But, the great food and decent service made up for some of the frustration when we were finally seated. The food is fresh, interesting without being too trendy, and the portions were exactly right. We tried much of the menu and found everything tasty and well rpepared. Not a place for large people or for children, though - very tiny space with very loud accoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!SG12VIPDined on 12/20/2013My friend and I had dinner here last week and loved it. The homemade pastas are delicious. The gnocchi sounded a bit boring with an oxtail ragu, but it was so flavorful and delicious. A great winter dish. The desserts were okay. Next time, I think I would get an extra appetizer and skip dessert. (I was at Due Lire a couple of summers ago and remember they also have a great back patio in nicer weather.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/14/2013Due Lire is a PERFECT neighborhood restaurant. The food is amazing, the wine list is interesting, service is enthusiastic and impeccable with out being overboard and faux, and the owner is actively involved and engaging with customers. I don't live in the area, but it is well worth the trip and it is quickly becoming my "go to" place for really wonderful Italian food. I've now brought three different guests to Due Lire and everyone has loved it. The polenta appetizer is a must, grilled breads/crostini change with the season and are super yummy, and all the entrees we've tried have been flavorful and expertly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceKnownentityDined on 12/13/2013Food was fresh and well made. Service was exceptional. A tight space for dining but worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013I love this place. It was my first time going to this restaurant and it was one of the best places I have ever dined. You have to go and see for yourself. Everything was great, the service, the atmosphere, and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DueLire, Friday nightHiThereDined on 12/6/2013Our food was excellent, service was superior; it was an overall fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2013Everyone in our group enjoyed our dinner. The food and service were both wonderful. My only quibble would be the place is very packed and I would not consider it a place for larger parties. It is perfect for a date night. We had a group of six and it was difficult for anyone to get up from their chair (so don't drink too much!) and even the servers struggled serving the people in the corner. It is a minor complaint and not really a complaint, just a fair warning. I know I will be back!
- Outstanding appetizers andBluesmoodsDined on 11/22/2013Outstanding appetizers and salads. The meal was a bit overpriced for what was presented. Very small dining area...making the seating feel cramped and a bit uncomfortable. We will probably return to give it another try...but I would not recommend the Bolognese spaghetti...or the lemon-pepper ribboned shrimp dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/21/2013We've been here many times and always find the food very good. This time wasn't exception (although I did think my main dish was a little too salty). The wine menu is very good. My only suggestion is that it would be nice to provide some additional guidance on for the glass selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due Lire is really a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2013Due Lire is really a great find. All the pasta is homemade and made w/love. The service is top notch. We let our server Kristen order for us and everything we had was delicious.Special Features:
- the good and the baddukeDined on 11/17/2013ownership is attentive and accomodating. Waitress was a bit surley. Pasta over cooked. Menu is interesting. Price is moderateSpecial Features:
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2013As above. The menu choices are unusual but uniformly well executed and served. This was our third visit, and the excellent quality of the meal has been maintained over repeated visits. One of our favorite restaurants, anywhere. Service is also outstanding, knowledgeable and informative and saw promptly to any needs we may have had. Most highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar mealeatinprettyDined on 11/16/2013I went to Due Lire three years ago when it first opened and was BYOB. Last weekend was my first visit back since and I can't say enough good things. We had three pasta dishes at our table and each one was so fresh and flavorful. The charcuterie (sp) board was fantastic, as was the burrata (sp) mozzerella special. You can tell this food is made with care and to ensure that it is spot on with flavors. Go - you won't regret it!Special Features:
- No Words!LittleItalyVIPDined on 11/15/2013There are no words to explain your visit at this astounding restaurant, you must attend to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.