641 South Montford Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verdepizza.com/
- Phone: 4105221000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm
Friday 5pm - 11pm
Saturday 10am - 11pm
Sunday 12Pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Cater Parties and Business Lunches/Events providing Salads, Appetizers, Pizzas, Panini, deserts and beverages including wine & beer off of our menu selection as well as custom items. Please call for details and ask for Ed or Marianne.
- Cross Street: Montford and Foster
- Public Transit: 007 Bus - Essex & Foster, North Bound Stop
010 Bus - Milton & Eastern, East Bound Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street Parking on weekdays,
Can Company Parking Garage(2400 Boston Street) available after 5pm for free Parking daily,
Valet Parking available on Friday and Saturday Evenings.
A word from Verde
From an extensive list of authentic Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas, to fresh salads & homemade desserts, Verde brings the traditional flavors of Italy to the Canton neighborhood of Baltimore City. The restaurant also offers an assortment of local & imported Italian craft beers, and a list of hand-selected domestic & Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Verde - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (59)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (37)notable wine list (20)romantic (19)special occasion (16)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- OverwhelmedPizzaVIPDined on 2/22/2014I took a friend from Bethesda who loves good pizza on Saturday night. I made a 630 reservation on Open Table. When i arrived at the restaurant at 625, I was told it would be five minutes. At 545, I asked again and the hostess wasn't very optimistic. She said the restaurant was overbooked (as usual - her words) and that it would be a while. Seats opened up at the bar so we decided to take them. The food was great but the bartender was inattentive and dismissive. We didn't leave the restaurant until after 830 because the food took so long time to arrive. I had to ask the bartender for another glass of wine. I also had to ask him if he could check on our pizzas and then on our dessert. It was if we were forgotten at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy, Tasty but TightJenBmDined on 2/22/2014This hip pizzeria offered a tantalizing menu of pizzas. It was a challenge to choose just one but when I finally did, I wasn't disappointed. The crust was not too thin and not too thick and perfectly crispy on the outside just like I like it. It was big enough for two of us to share as well - gotta love that! A couple of downsides...the tables were so packed into the restaurant so that my fiancé, a slim 6'1" guy couldn't actually squeeze into the space between our table and the one behind ours. He sat at an angle to the table, with his chair jutting into the aisle. The valet was also a single man operation. We stood outside more than 20 minutes waiting for our car after dinner and ended up being late for our main Saturday night event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekSpenceDined on 2/21/2014Cocktails and appetizers were delicious and i highly recommend this as a perfect place to have date meet for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2014Service mediocre. Food good but expensive. Would not go back.Special Features:
- No relaxing here...BaltimorefoodieVIPDined on 2/18/2014Never have I ever in my life (including my 10 years of working in the restaurant industry myself and frequent trips to dine out) have I been asked to vacate a table because the next reservation has arrived. We had a 6:45 reservation at Verde, enjoyed the 3 course restaurant week meal (our pizzas came out while we were still barely started on the first course). No sooner than 5 seconds after I had put the pen down from signing the check the host came by the table and asked us if we could go ahead and leave so the 8 pm people could be seated on time. The whole experience was rushed. Extremely disappointing - that kind of experience will always outweigh the evening no matter how much you enjoy the food.
- GREAT!LeeroboDined on 2/17/2014This place is GREAT! The pizza is delicious! The owners are great. The feel is very organic, warming and GREEN! Will definitely we BACK! can't wait! You made my WHOLE year with that Gluten free pizza- So good I took one to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014Verde is always a hit! Food is awesome! The burrata is a must and have yet to try a pizza that I didn't like. Parking can be an issue since it is a neighborhood, so definitely worth it to valet, it's 5$ but well worth the cost. Things can get busy on Friday and Saturday, so definitely plan for extra waiting time and make a reservation. Sometimes there is only 1 valet attendant so there can be a wait for that as well, but totally fine as long as you allocate a few extra minutes. Service is great, Ed the owner is always there and making sure things are going well and always stops by to say hello to each table. Alexa is a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LayersDined on 2/15/2014I've been to Verde many times now, and it's always fantastic! Food, service and atmosphere is all top notch. The family that owns and runs the restaurant is friendly and warm and its felt from the moment you walk in the door. The pizza is undeniably the BEST in the Baltimore area. This place is a must go! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza, tight spacePutitinmymouthDined on 2/14/2014Great pizzas with a ton of choices of combinations. Watching the pizzas being formed and cooked in front of us was great. Very tight seating quarters and took 25 minutes to get a table WITH a reservation. Somewhat bloated prices but worth the trip for a pizza.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizza!krrvrrVIPDined on 2/14/2014The pizza here is definitely deserving of the "Best in Baltimore" rating! The decor is farm-house chic, and in the back room you can watch the pizza being made and put into the oven. My fiance and I love coming to verde, and have loved everything on the menu! Our favorite restaurant for date night by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I have had good experiences at Verde every time I have eaten there, but Valentine's Day was truly amazing! It was very busy but every staff member was nice and attentive. The food special was awesome and the food was incredible. One of my best Valentine's day celebrations ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJimboThomasDined on 2/14/2014I went with a platonic friend on Valentine's day. When we told the server we did not want the $55/person gauger "special" she disapprovingly whipped her head so fast around she may have whiplash. Aside from that, fantastic food and fantastic service. I'm going to go find a romantic partner now to try this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but crowded and slowelaub114Dined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines day and the food was excellent! You get a lot of food for your money which is good and it tasted great. However the service was extremely slow and the restaurant was very cramped and loud. We didn't mind much about the slow service because we had plenty of food, and maybe it was just like that on Valentines day. Will have to check this place out on a non-holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014Typically Verde is amazing but I think due to overbooking Valentines Day and the large pre-fixed menu the service suffered. We had reservations and waiting to be seated while there were tables visably open and while another couple with the same number of people and same time (who arrived after us) were seated before us. My fiance is in a walking book from ankle surgery and was made to walk up there stairs to be seated when multiple 2 people tables were available downstairs. It also took us 30 minutes to get coffee after we ate. Still very good food though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy this restaurant regularlyMooseDined on 2/14/2014We enjoy this restaurant regularly and are never disappointed. Went for a casual Valentine's Day dinner and had a great time. The gift of a rose from the restaurant was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verde is the best thing about FellsCVFellsDined on 2/13/2014Can't say enough and can't get enough about Verde! The staff, the food, the ambiance, all of it make this place a weekly (or more often) dinner spot! Nothing but love for Verde!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmend by pizzadescalzaDined on 2/12/2014I had high expectations & was disappointed. The restaurant itself is really nice and has great ambiance. I can see how it might be a little loud when busy. The server was great and very attentive. The pizza? Not so much. I ordered the Quattro Formaggi con Funghi. The ratio of the four cheeses was way off. I could barely taste the gorgonzola and when I order a pizza with mushroom and cheese I expect it to be covered in mushrooms. Overall this was a plain cheese pizza for $17. My date ordered the pizza Romana. The menu said there was corn on the pizza, but we didn't see any. Besides that, nothing to write home about. Not sure if we caught the kitchen on a bad day, but it was quite an expensive meal for pizza I could've made better at home.Special Features:
- Another Great Experience at VerdeBrianLDined on 2/11/2014This was our second time to Verde and what a great place it is. We again has a group of 8, and it worked out perfectly. Food was awesome, and we routinely recommend this spot to all our friends.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/7/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant and definitely not just your pizza place around the corner! I have been here several times and the server (Alexa) always recognizes me and does such a wonderful job of personalizing service. The food is amazing, approachable and memorable. The pizzas are truly akin to what I experienced in Italy and the fresh burrata cheese is a must! Everyone is very nice and friendly and it is clear that ingredients are fresh and of high quality. It is often busy which is why I made a reservation online (definitely recommend for Friday/Saturday nights). They now offer a full bar and craft cocktails! Upstairs can get a little loud, but if that's your scene, it's a great view! All around strong recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Verde was super busy thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014Verde was super busy that night. The waitress was not very attentive. I love their food and drinks, but they truly are overpriced. I got a $13 cocktail that literally equated to about two sips.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/5/2014We had dinner at Verde previously right after it opened and this week to support a local neighborhood charity. This place is always consistent with great service and quality food. Both times we ate here the manger even came over to introduce himself and see that we were happy with our meal. On this visit we had my one year old son, no issues getting a kid-friendly pizza and high chair. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & Authentic!tPozDined on 2/3/2014Dined here tonight with the girlfriends, 5 of us total. Everything was delish! I had made a reservation, but it was pretty quiet on this rainy cold Monday night. Parking however, was a nightmare. The ambiance is warm and welcoming, and I can tell it would be a great place to dine al fresco during the summer. The menu had extensive pizza offerings - almost too many, as I stared at the menu for a while, with my eyes glazing over. Everything was really tasty & authentic & I'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burnt pizzadianeDined on 1/31/2014I had lasagna, it was very good, but my husbands pizza was burnt, waiter claimed that it was cooked properly- we split my lasagna!
- Neopolitian in CantonOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/28/2014Extensive pizza menu with only the freshest ingredients. Cured Italian meats and cheeses make a great appetizer. The mozzarella is homemade daily and it is fantastic. Wines are 1/2 off on Tuesdays (currently) so it is fun to 'drink' your way around the wine menu. Ambiance is welcoming and the decor is warm and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2014I have been to Verde several times and the food has always been good. The prices have gone up, however. We were seated at a table that was halfway into the hall where the bathroom is located. I don't think there should be a table there at all! Our waitress insisted on up-selling us on everything. The wine she recommended was not good -- but it was half-price night so we didn't send it back. She said the pizzas were personal sized but three of us could have easily shared two. Overall it was not a good value for the money.
- Another great meal at VerdeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2014We have been to Verde several times, and have yet to be disappointed. My wife went with her usual, Pistacchio E Salsiccia, which was excellent as always. This time I got a calzone, the Calzone con Salame Piccante, which was very good as well. The crust was perfect, and it had a perfect ratio of filling to crust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Because I was coming in withAnnMarieVIPDined on 1/25/2014Because I was coming in with a large group on a Saturday night, I made a reservation ahead of time. Even so, we waited 25 minutes past the reservation time to be seated. There isn't a good waiting area in the restaurant so all ten of us crowded around other people's tables while we waited. It was terribly awkward and, even though the food was amazing, our experience left a bad taste in many of my friends' mouths.Special Features:
- Verde's food is always excellent-ErinVIPDined on 1/25/2014Verde's food is always excellent- you can tell that they use high quality, fresh ingredients to create consistently delicious dishes. One note- you absolutely need to make a reservation because the space in very small, and even with a reservation you will most likely have to wait 10-15 minutes. The good news is that the wait will definitely be worth it!
- Best "Foodie" Pizza in BaltimoreFellsFrequentDinerVIPDined on 1/24/2014Definitely the best pizza in Baltimore if your idea of pizza goes beyond Pizza Hut. Tons of options, unique toppings, amazing crust and "nearly" gluten free pizza that actually tastes delicious. On a Friday night, even in winter, it is quite loud and bustling inside. Midweek is slightly quieter but the word on verde is definitely out. Note to celiacs---the gluten free pizza is wonderful but fixed in the same kitchen/oven with the regular pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza HeavenDelectableVIPDined on 1/24/2014This delightful corner restaurant has a generous selection of interesting and delicious pizzas. The salads are very good, and other Italian dishes sound like "must trys." It is a place to put on the top of one's list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neapolitan Style Pizza - DeliciousPattiCakeDined on 1/24/2014The food was delicious! Some of our party of six started with salads and then five finished with pizzas and one friend ordered the homemade lasagna. Everything we ate was wonderfully fresh, prepared with flavorful ingredients and featured delicious combinations. The fellow ordered Manhattans from the bar which featured rhubarb bitters - they were a big hit with everyone who tasted them. Service was good - friendly and efficient. I liked that the owner stopped by the table to greet us and then came by later to see how we enjoyed the food. This restaurant came highly recommended by a friend who said their pizza was the closest you would get to what you would experience in Italy and we were not disappointed! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They make a great pieLadolcevitaDined on 1/22/2014Loved the wide variety of pizza options, the look of the restaurant and how helpful our sever was. I had to dock points from the ambience because the loud dance music really clashed with the rest of the dining experience. Hopefully that will change the next time I go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was good with freshOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/17/2014Pizza was good with fresh ingredients. Good selection of beer on tap to complement. Desserts and homemade and round out the meal. Little pricey and the upstairs table is a bit small to seat sixSpecial Features:
- The ambiance and decor ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The ambiance and decor of this restaurant was wonderful - very clean, open, young and rustic. We enjoyed an extensive wine list, a lightly dressed pear and walnut salad, mozzarella and meatballs in a marinara sauce, and a vegetarian pizza. Big plus that all pizzas are able to be made on gluten free pizza! The only drawback to this restaurant is that the menu is not very flexible. You cannot customize your pizza or add toppings to any pizza, toppings can only be removed. Also, they did not have anchovies, which slightly disappointed my mom. BUT! We were pleased that the owner personally asked us about our experience. They seem eager to improve their customers' experience and he promised that anchovies will be on the menu soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJMH1Dined on 1/14/2014We came here on the count on canton night and was so impressed with the food. Way to go verde! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great Spot in CantonSteveDined on 1/11/2014Excellent find in Canton. You cannot go wrong with anything your order at Verde. They make all of the mozzarella in house, you can definitely taste the difference! The service is just as great as the food, our waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- ExcellentAmyFDined on 1/10/2014We lived the pizzas! Many to choose from, I could have eaten any one of them! Great ambience. Cool decor. Reasonably priced food, but wine was a little pricy. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2014The menu is creative, The food authentic and most delicious. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Another great option in CantonScottFVIPDined on 1/4/2014Fantastic Italian food and a charming neighborhood location. Arancini appetizer is top notch and the pizzas were outstanding. Really nice choice to get away from the hustle and bustle of trendier restaurants in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Great PizzadgiznyaDined on 12/30/2013Small restaurant with a great atmosphere. Brick oven pizza was super tasty. We went on a Monday and I think they had more guests then anticipated because it was a holiday week. Food was delayed a few minutes in coming to the table. We didn't complain, but the manager came around with a plate of bread and a huge bowl of olives which he placed at our table and let us know it was on the house because he knew our food hadn't yet arrived. This is the kind of service that will keep us coming back. Overall a great little place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.