blu on the Avenue
326 S Park Ave
Winterpark, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
blu on the Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluontheavenue.com/
- Phone: 4079603778
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from blu on the Avenue
Blu on the Avenue offers fresh seafood, steaks, salads, sandwiches and more... It brings modern West and East coast cuisines together with a twist. Inspired by locals and Orlando visitors, the Blu concept of daily fresh seafood, prime steaks and classic cocktails is a great addition to the already thriving Winter park shopping district. Blu is open 7 days a week with a full bar featuring specialty martinis, classic cocktails and a beautiful list of wines by the glass. The staff at Blu is looking forward to making your visit enjoyable and lasting. Whether it"s a quick lunch, a relaxing dinner with family and friends or just a craving for dessert and coffee, Blu on the Avenue will win your heart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
blu on the Avenue - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
blu on the Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (12)romantic (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DisapppointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2013After seeing great reviews on this Park Ave spot, we were really looking forward to dining here. And everything about the restaurant was terrific with one notable exception - the food. It wasn't bad, it was just.....meh. Scallop appetizer had no taste except for the salt from the bacon. Lobster Rolls - well seasoned but the lobster meat had that fresh-frozen, two day old aftertaste to it that ruined the sandwich. Probably should not have ordered this in the first place - a lttle far from New England to expect this to be done well. On the plus side, the smoked fish dip was very good and our server was warm, personable and efficient. All in all, not sure if there was enough going on here to bring me back.
- Perfect for Saturday brunchmadsmoothDined on 8/3/2013We wanted a place on park Ave to do Saturday brunch and then walk to the farmers market. This place had delicious unique brunch entrees and decently priced cocktails. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blu is for youXcaliburDined on 7/25/2013Just go. It's worth it. No matter what your tastes you will find something there for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are not a lot of seafoodRPP1VIPDined on 7/20/2013There are not a lot of seafood focused restaurants on Park Avenue, so good to have Blu in the fold. Food and cocktails were good, although a little pricey. Service was attentive but not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time won't be our lastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/13/2013Wanted to try something new and we found Blu on the Avenue. The food selection and quality is perhaps one of the top 5 we have been to in Orlando. Service was perfect - we tend to stretch the night out and the server was very accommodating. Our table of 4 ordered appetizers to share - the fried oysters were maybe a bit over cooked, but he scallops we outstanding. The sea bass is absolutely perfect (2 of us got that dish). My friend got the red snapper which was also great. The bar area is a bit lively which can make the room seem noisy, but we were at the front of the restaurant and is was not too bad. Overall a great experience that we will surely repeat often.Special Features:
- We really love your sushisushiloverDined on 7/13/2013We really love your sushi and the service is great, but the noise level is ridiculous. We have been moved to outdoor seating because we can't hear each other speak. You really need to do something about that! I only chose the "Do not recall" on the Noise Level topic because there isn't an appropriate choice for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of potential but good overallStacyVIPDined on 7/4/2013The seabass was excellent but the sushi was just average. There is too much competition in the immediate market area who has memorable sushi for this to be the standard at Blu. The restaurant itself is on beautiful Park Avenue with great outdoor dining but the interior decorations are very barren. They could easily spruce it up with plants and wall decorations. Our server was excellent and the entire staff was pleasant and accommodating. Just a few weaks would make this a first class restaurant in Winter Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dude abidesTheDudeabidesDined on 6/27/2013What can I say but try it. You will not be disappointed. Lobster roll was may favorite. Sushi excellent. And Fontana cheese dip rocked. Love winter park and this is a nice addition. Feel of Miami without the fakery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialPacoDined on 6/16/2013Beautiful restaurant and good location. Food is nothing special. I don't want to come back. The crab legs on my salad were not really fresh.Special Features:
- Good brunchDeedeeDined on 6/16/2013Stars - appetizers, kale salad, oysters. Almost - beautiful lobster Cobb but Only 2 claws and 1 small knuckle of meat. Fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for fair qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013I had the Surf and Turf special, which included a ribeye and a 1/2 pound king crab leg. The ribeye was at most 1/4" to 1/2" thick and was slightly over cooked. The king crab leg was good. They had cut it, but they had not opened it; therefore, I had to struggle to get it open without any typical crab utensils. Overall, I would rate the quality of the food a 4, but for three of us, which included two glasses of wine total, the bill was about $165, which included a $25 tip. It was not worth $165, since there are many other places of better quality to choose from and in the same price range. Sayed (sic), the waiter, offered good service and was nice, so my main complaint is the quality of the food for the price.
- Awesome oysters!Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 6/15/2013Very good service & the food was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect except for the noiseFoodieDined on 6/14/2013Was outstanding on both visits but did have the same server. He was awesome. Menu and good are stellar with a great range including burgers to lobster. Weekend brunch is outstanding. We chose to eat dinner inside because of the many smokers outside. C'mon Winter Park... However the noise level inside was awful. We will go very early or skip weekends hoping that we can manage a conversation. The lobster cobb is a picture, huge and delicious. The duck was perfect. The brunch grits offering was stellar. Definitely our new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/13/2013The staff was wonderful and the food was awesome. The way that the entire front of the restaurant opens up gives the feeling of dining outdoors but the comfort of dining indoors. Personally I will be returning to Blu in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First date successOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013Was recommended this restaurant and they didn't disappoint. My date and I took the meal slow, which sometimes makes the server a little agitated. Our server was great and adapted to the speed at which we wanted the meal to go. His wine recommendations were very good. We both had sushi which was very good. We had the risotto and the sea bass which were both excellent. I will be recommending this restaurant to everyone in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with good friends...RobbieDined on 6/10/2013We have a small group which celebrates each others birthdays each year. We chose Blu because it was something new and different for us all. It did not disappoint. The food was good and our service was excellent. The atmosphere was nice because it was not very crowded. However, I have been there in the evening and was disappointed at the noise level. Something should be done to ramp that down a little. Overall it is an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date nightStaceyyyVIPDined on 6/8/2013We came on a date night and had a great meal. The ambience was wonderful and we shared the pork tenderloin special which was delicious. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious seafood menu!RavenousFanDined on 6/8/2013Scrumptious seafood menu! Bright, clean, fresh décor and ambiance. Lively atmosphere, but slightly loud at times. Incredible looking brunch menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but UnremarkableAlann13VIPDined on 6/7/2013blu on the Avenue has a very inviting contemporary setting. We dined there on a Friday night so the restaurant was crowded, but not full. Service was a little slow, but nothing to really complain about. We started with a NZSB (New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc) and the beef carpacio. The wine was well chilled and the carpacio was meh, a tad flavorless but the dressed greens accompaniment complemented well. I had the snapper which again could have been seasoned a bit more as the dish was bland. My wife had the swordfish on the menu (not the special) which was a very nice steak, but again was rather lacking in taste. We passed on dessert and with tax and tip the bill came to $120. A bit expensiive for an unremarkable dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent addition to ParkNancuDined on 5/24/2013Excellent addition to Park Ave. restaurants. Love the ambiance, food & service. James, our server made the experience the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice OverallUSAFoodieVIPDined on 5/14/2013Nothing was a ridiculous stand-out knock your socks off dish - yet, it was all very good. Drink list quite good!! Neighborhood is great especially if it's nice and you can sit on the patio.Special Features:
- The service was excellent,Nala4luvDined on 5/12/2013The service was excellent, the location is so nice and open which gives it a great ambiance. The food was just the right amount and very delicious. Most certainly will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, good serviceJimmyhowforeverDined on 5/10/2013This place looks nice but the food is only average. Service good. The water/glass smells like fish. They must wash the drinking glasses with the fishy plates. Nothing to run back to.
- Great spot for cocktails and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013Blu on the Avenue is a great new addition to the Park Avenue dining scene. The food is wonderful and ditto for the cocktails (Blueberry sangria - YUM) The $7 for a dozen oysters on the half shell happy hour special is an incredible deal and hopefully will continue. The several times that I have dined at Blu on the Avenue with family and friends has started out with cocktails and oysters and ended with an amazing dinner. This restaurant is a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wolf in sheep’s clothing…Luv2eatDined on 4/20/2013The food was very simple, basic, bland, and not well thought out or executed. The sushi was fishy for being cooked shrimp, the salad was flat, and the swordfish was extremely uninviting. I was not impressed with management either. When I returned my dish as it was not good, management never came over to inquire as to why I didn’t like it. I would guess constructive criticism is not accepted which is reflected in the food.
- Enjoyed our brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013Enjoyed our brunch experience - great menu, great decor, positive staff, and perfect location. Great seafood and fried oysters. We would have been happy to rate the food and total experience higher if the kitchen would cut the salt - too heavy a hand meant we could taste the salt two hours later, etc. This is an easy fix. Note the omelettes arrived cooked crisp like a fritata - so be sure to specify if you want crisp versus the traditional omelette.Special Features:
- Left HungryyummVIPDined on 3/30/2013The food is great, but the portions are EXTREMELY small for the price that you pay. The ambiance was a little talked up and there was really no crowd for the nightlife your used to on Park Ave. Let's just say. We all left hungry.
- The restaurant itself is prettyHilaryVIPDined on 3/24/2013The restaurant itself is pretty good looking, the bar area is very nice. The food is just OK. Not awesome, not terrible. Same with the sushi. Felt it was slightly over priced as well.Special Features:
- Art fair made park avenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2013Art fair made park avenue a zone pieton, great atmosphere.Special Features:
- We had a party of 7 and theStacyVIPDined on 3/15/2013We had a party of 7 and the service was wonderful. Sushi and a full menu was a real treat.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, butKatherineVIPDined on 3/9/2013The food was wonderful, but the service was very poor. We waited for 20 minutes for our first drink and weren't greeted by a server for about the first 15 minutes we had been there. The special (which was energetically described by the server) was snapper, and we ordered it only to find out that they were out. Location and menu offer great potential, but it seems the serving and bartending staff need to get themselves a little more experience.Special Features:
- This was a restaurant thattomb4444Dined on 3/9/2013This was a restaurant that is more for the sushi and hummus crowd. My daughter and son in law would really enjoy it, but it wasn't for me. I just prefer a more traditional cuisine. The pasta and the carrot cake were great. The rest of the meal was well prepared. The flavors were not blended and seasoned to my particular liking.Special Features:
- I went to blu with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013I went to blu with a group of 6 on a Saturday night. The food was delicious, the service was great, the drinks (blueberry sangria!) were perfect and the only thing I would recommend they change is the noise level (at times we could barely hear ourselves). Our group had the lobster risotto which looked amazing (giant chunks of lobster mixed into the risotto as well as a half lobster placed on top), the seabass (good but nothing terribly outstanding); the swordfish (also very good), the ribeye (phenomenal) and a really pretty lobster salad. We also had a dozen oysters and they were fresh and juicy and not a bit fishy. Yum. Overall we had a lovely time and we will certainly be back.Special Features:
- The fried oyster appetizerWPFamilyDined on 3/8/2013The fried oyster appetizer with horseradish and preserved lemon was outstanding. The lobster risotto had a very small half lobster that was somewhat overlooked and not really attractive, aside from being slightly too salty, the risotto itself had great flavor and perfect texture.Special Features:
- SteveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013My wife and I have found another great resturant on Park avenue... it's called Blu On The Avenue!Special Features:
- Must get better to competeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2013Still new on Park Avenue and it can be so much more. Tables too small and plates way to big, could barely fit appetizers, drinks and bread plates on a table for two. Steamers were too big, not firm and pretty sandy. Sushi has bad rice to fish ratio, a LOT of rice filler. Restaurant is cramped. Go for the bar and bar specials. Very good service!Special Features:
- We went to Blu for ValentinesFoodie55VIPDined on 2/14/2013We went to Blu for Valentines Day and really enjoyed it. The food was creative and great and the service was attentive. Great drink list too!Special Features:
- Had Valentines dinner here-OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Had Valentines dinner here- fantastic ahi burger, awesome service and great wine list! Will go back!Special Features:
- Tried this new one on parkrhodaVIPDined on 2/8/2013Tried this new one on park ave and it was great! Happy hour $5.00 wines and tried the sushi. That was pretty good, not a sushi house but tasty. Had the Ahi Tuna burger and it was so good. They put seaweed and wasabi in the bun and the blu fries are yummy! Will be back againSpecial Features:
- Expecting wonderful :/OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2013On this day our service was spotty at best. We were greeted promptly (nnot busy) When the food was brought to our table. One was missing the shrimp on the salad, my was missing the tomatoes on my salad and she also missed my dressing on the side, so I had none. When finally she asked in passing, everything good here, she noticed I had no dressing, my guest told her we were missing her shrimp on her shrimp salad. She said that she would be right back. This was a terribly long wait, the shrimp arrived. Still no dressing for me, by this time I had eaten my piece of fish and half of my salad. She came back with my dressing that is when I asked her about my tomatoes, actually I was also missing cucumbers, but I let that go. 2 slices arrivedSpecial Features: