blu on the Avenue
326 S Park Ave
Winterpark, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
blu on the Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bluontheavenue.com/
- Phone: 4079603778
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from blu on the Avenue
Blu on the Avenue offers fresh seafood, steaks, salads, sandwiches and more... It brings modern West and East coast cuisines together with a twist. Inspired by locals and Orlando visitors, the Blu concept of daily fresh seafood, prime steaks and classic cocktails is a great addition to the already thriving Winter park shopping district. Blu is open 7 days a week with a full bar featuring specialty martinis, classic cocktails and a beautiful list of wines by the glass. The staff at Blu is looking forward to making your visit enjoyable and lasting. Whether it"s a quick lunch, a relaxing dinner with family and friends or just a craving for dessert and coffee, Blu on the Avenue will win your heart.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
blu on the Avenue - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
blu on the Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- ExcellentYumINmyTUMDined on 2/13/2014Selecting Blu on the Avenue for a dining out night with the girl friends was without a doubt a successful choice. The food was delicious, the service was beyond friendly, and the overall atmosphere was very soothing and peaceful. I would recommend Blu for special occasions or if you just wanted to stop by one night for a bite to eat. I'll certainly be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fave in Winter ParkDMinOrlandoDined on 2/8/2014I really like Blu on the Avenue. I have to admit, I selected the same thing the 3 times I've eaten there (the lobster roll), but it is great. But my friends loved what they ordered as well. The atmosphere is great, and they have outdoor seating too, so when the weather is good, you can sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu cool environmentDCinFloridaDined on 2/8/2014I definitely recommend this restaurant for a night out. The menu is mostly fish buthas lots of good variety with delicious desserts. Service was excellent. They kept the door open on a cold evening which create draft in the restaurant, but they did close it when we asked. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was outstanding, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2014service was outstanding, food was excellent. The cheese appetizer was extraordinary. Great place to meet friends or for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner.ArmandoDHDined on 1/23/2014I took my wife here for her birthday because she is a seafood lover. We were not disappointed! The Sea bass was the special, and honestly it was the best I've ever had! She had the encrusted Salmon and it was very good as well. The dark and stormy cocktail was delightful and her pound cake martini was a perfect birthday drink. The bar is very cool looking with a sleek waterfall back drop. Happy hour from 4-7 is a nice deal as well. Overall wound recommend and would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerCowboyDined on 1/18/2014Visited Winter Park and chose Blu based on web references. Scallop appetizer was way over cooked. Same for the Halibut entree my wife ordered. Dry and not much taste. My wife chose the red wine recommended by the server and had to send it back. Lacked any taste at all. They do not put ice in your water. Very noisy. Personally I did not think it was worth the money and would not recommend.
- My birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/20141st time and I would go back.Service was timely and our server, Christina was very attentive! My dinner was grouper on a potato pancake, topped with a yogurt sauce. very good & fish very fresh. everything made to order. The salad I ordered was roasted beet salad with gorgonzola cheese. there was only 4-5 thin slices of beet & a few crumbles of cheese for $6.00 that is my only complaint. wonderful presentation,service very good,food excellent, dessert, carrot cake was out of sight! I would recommend this restaurant for casual or dress up occassions!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceelenas310Dined on 1/11/2014Two people dining. Ordered the fontina app which was delicious. I ordered the lobster risotto which was cooked perfectly. No complaints about the menu.Special Features:
- Three Weeks in a Row!OrlandoGuyVIPDined on 1/4/2014I have gone to Blu three weeks in a row on Saturday night. Food is Fantastic. Service has been great all three times. The value for the price is very high. The specials are always interesting. I request to sit outside as the people watching is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve DinnerFizzyTDined on 12/24/2013Our reserved table was ready and waiting. Staff members were gracious and accommodating. Every food item was prepared as requested, fresh and delicious. A wonderful meal and an evening to remember, we look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had higher expectationsBrendaVIPDined on 12/24/2013Knowing this restaurant was owned by the 310 restaurants, I was expecting a great meal but unfortunately not so. The lobster risotto I ordered was undercooked and under seasoned but it did have a good amount of lobster in it. My husband's swordfish was also under seasoned. The noise level was very loud as we were seated next to a party of 12. Our waitress did a good job but she alone had the table of 12 and us so overall our Christmas eve dining experience could have been better. Wish I had a more positive review because I love both the 310 restaurants.
- Not feeling blue about BlureviewDrDined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed an absolutely fabulous dinner at Blu this past weekend. Once we located our waiter, the service was impeccable. The pan seared scallops wrapped in prosciutto was cooked to perfection...an excellent appetizer. I can only speak for the two fish dinners we enjoyed...halibut and salmon...seasoned and cooked perfectly...and best of all, brought to the table piping hot. A thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. My only recommendation is for them to turn the volume down a bit on the bar TV...even though we sat on the other side of the partition, we could barely hear one another speak without raising our voices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with relatives from out of townFinedinerDined on 12/7/2013My wife and I took my parents out to eat while they were in town from NC. I made last minute reservations and found Blue was available. Bar was so busy we didn't get our drinks for at least 10 minutes after our waiter ordered them. Waiter was at bar several times and seemed to be ignored by bartender. Salads came out to only two of us when all four ordered salads with meal. Waiter thought parents salads came as side, but later realized he should have served us all at same time. Very friendly, but not at level expected for this restaurant. Food was very good! Both filet mignon and fish dishes we had were excellent! I'll go back to give service side another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimemthcsDined on 11/24/2013We celebrated a birthday here. Had a a great time. Enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night for AllVinceDined on 11/23/2013This was my second time dining at blu on the Ave and with the same sever, Rita.she was friendly and was very attentive to our group. I brought a group of friends before we went to a play at Rollins. The food was great, the service wonderful and for some of these first timers coming they had a great experience and will return...I will return! Thank you for a great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedCasualDinerDined on 11/16/2013The food was excellent... From the appetizer to the meal overall very good. Our waitress was well informed and made the experience overall. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Park Ave GemDikaiaKnightVIPDined on 11/16/2013Blu is still relatively new but it has quickly become one of my favorite Park Ave spots. I was skeptical at first because we have not had much luck at 310 where the staff comes off as if you are bothering them by being there and the food is underwhelming. Blu is completely different, the staff is outstanding and the food is very good and priced nicely. My biggest question is whether I prefer their brunch menu or their lunch/dinner offering. Both are great! For brunch the chicken and biscuits are great, as is the pork steak and eggs. For lunch, their burger and the lobster roll are my favorite choices. For dinner try their swordfish or one of the steaks which have been cooked nearly perfectly each time we have had them. Great beer list also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK...Just OKCarmensensemanVIPDined on 11/14/2013Another example of a restuarant with a young staff who try, but don't have the skills to pull off a great night of dining. Food is OK at best......presentations fair. Would not return......
- Great location, a stablishedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013Great location, a stablished neighbor honor , and college area. Great mix. Quant neighbor good food nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right in the middleBPat32812Dined on 11/9/2013Blu's menu is quite versatile--even for someone with food restrictions. The menu provides something for everyone, and you absolutely cannot walk away feeling unsatisfied. We shared a simple smoked fish appetizer, and the peppers accompanying that simple dish turned it into something very special. Our server (Toby) was attentive but not a hoverer, and seemed to genuinely like what he was doing. Our main courses satisfied each person in our group (there were three of us) and we all felt our choices were excellent. So for the money, this is a winner. I've been there before for lunch, the nighttime ambience is quite different. The noise level, rather than distracting, allowed you to talk privately without being overheard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Happy HourFoodLuvrVIPDined on 11/6/2013Service is always great, but if you're looking for really exceptional food - this is not your place. If you're in the area for happy hour and like raw oysters, it's a good find... but skip dinner service, nothing special and very expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- BLU on THE AVENUEEJakeVIPDined on 11/3/2013Why would anyone expect anything else but perfect to another addition to the great tradition of establishments such as 310 on Park Avenue, 310 Lake Eola? The food value is amazing and the service is beyond words. I invited my family and everyone just loved it. Great experience.Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemjdogVIPDined on 11/2/2013on the upper end of Park Ave, a nice place for a great sandwich and a drink or glass of wine. We got the grilled cheese and lobster sandwich with tomato bisque. Very nice combo and very tasty. Would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- ambiance needs serious helpKhayesDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant was not busy on a Sat night. Ok n big deal. We had reservations for six. Tons of tables up front, overlooking the avenue. Plus seating a large party in view of passers by would have given others a better vibe looking in. Instead, we got stuck in a very dark table in the back of the restaurant beside the kitchen door. Weird. We had reservations for weeks! The the server was inexperienced. Not that she was slow, more like she was annoyed when we didn't stop what we were doing whenever she decided to come by and talk to us. One of our party asked for bread, the server brought bread and put it in front of her. Like it was a private dish. Just weird. It could have been so much better. The food was good.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodFanDined on 10/25/2013We took our two college age sons and girlfriends to celebrate one of their 21st birthdays. The service was great, the food was outstanding, we had reservations and were shown to our table immediately. Wonderful place, the only negative is the parking. This is a very hip downtown area so the parking is a little difficult if you are dining after 7. We will be back, prices and food too good not to go again!Special Features:
- Enjoyable date!ShawnDined on 10/12/2013I brought my girlfriend here and we both loved it! The good was great and it wasn't too pricey! The waitresses were kind and great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nope.KevinDined on 10/4/2013Food. Was. Terrible. Group of 6. Salmon, ROASTED CHICKEN, and Blackened Grouper were ALL TERRIBLE. Only good meal on the table was the Pork Chops (aside from the cheese appetizer, which was amazing).Special Features:
- Good was greatGercugoVIPDined on 10/3/2013The food was very flavorful. The only problem I had was that they forgot to honor my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a new venture forSilverVIPDined on 10/3/2013This is a new venture for 310 Park which we have loved for years. The food was excellent. The service was the same friendly Winter Park Sidewalk cafe service you would expect. We are thrilled to have another choice on the Avenue.Special Features:
- Pleasant brunch experienceCJDPVIPDined on 9/15/2013We had a very attentive waiter and he made our experience fun. We enjoy sitting outdoors and have never dined inside. The brunch items we ordered were very good and we will return.Special Features:
- Noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013The food was good and the service was OK but the noise level was so high that it ruined the total experience. Even though we were sitting next to each other, we couldn't talk and it was hard to communicate with the waitress. Will definitely never go back unless they can do something about the noise. Trying to be a trendy "hot spot" is one thing but this was ridiculous!Special Features:
- Great food but TOO LOUD inside.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2013They serve the best fish I have ever had but it was way too loud for the four of us to have a descent conversation. Too bad! And what's up with the noise level? The top level on your noise level means "do not recall" ??!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCathyDined on 9/4/2013We had the pleasure of dining outside, but the inside dining looked very inviting as well. The menu afforded so many appealing choices, all of which were reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningLeniDined on 8/29/2013We enjoyed all of the amenities that a great restaurant has to offer. We had a great dining experience at Blu.Special Features:
- We started with a caesar saladOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2013We started with a caesar salad which was just how we like it...lite but very tasty! The halibut special was outstanding! Noise level is high so if your are looking for a quiet dinner this is not the place. Service was excellent. This was our first time at blu but we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice additionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Nice addition to Park Ave. it's always nice to have selection in restaurant choices. This place makes the cut added to our list of fining venues. Food was great, portion were good left feeling nicely satiated. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapppointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2013After seeing great reviews on this Park Ave spot, we were really looking forward to dining here. And everything about the restaurant was terrific with one notable exception - the food. It wasn't bad, it was just.....meh. Scallop appetizer had no taste except for the salt from the bacon. Lobster Rolls - well seasoned but the lobster meat had that fresh-frozen, two day old aftertaste to it that ruined the sandwich. Probably should not have ordered this in the first place - a lttle far from New England to expect this to be done well. On the plus side, the smoked fish dip was very good and our server was warm, personable and efficient. All in all, not sure if there was enough going on here to bring me back.
- Perfect for Saturday brunchmadsmoothDined on 8/3/2013We wanted a place on park Ave to do Saturday brunch and then walk to the farmers market. This place had delicious unique brunch entrees and decently priced cocktails. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blu is for youXcaliburDined on 7/25/2013Just go. It's worth it. No matter what your tastes you will find something there for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are not a lot of seafoodRPP1VIPDined on 7/20/2013There are not a lot of seafood focused restaurants on Park Avenue, so good to have Blu in the fold. Food and cocktails were good, although a little pricey. Service was attentive but not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.