Old Town Social
455 W North Ave
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Town Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldtownsocial.com/
- Phone: 3122662277
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jared Van Camp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Cleveland St.
- Public Transit: CTA Brown Line: Exit at the Sedgwick stop and head north to North Ave. Proceed west to the corner of North and Cleveland.
CTA Red Line: Exit at the North & Clybourn stop. Upon exiting the station head east (right) and proceed 4 blocks east past Larabee until reaching Cleveland.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Neighborhood parking available. Valet available Thursday through Saturday after 6pm.
A word from Old Town Social
Unassuming, understated simplicity. What makes an eatery great - and timeless - is its ability to create an ambiance that evokes an emotional response. At Old Town Social, we aim to offer a handcrafted return to the basics; a focus on the simple, yet often overlooked, aspects of a neighborhood favorite. In today's current climate, a night to celebrate life's simple pleasures with tasty food, handcrafted cocktails, great beer and wine, and a devil-may-care attitude is indeed a rare gift. So - to those who shun "the scene", welcome. To those who lead a sporting lifestyle, we offer a hearty embrace. We humbly hope you enjoy our rakish tip-of-the-hat...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Town Social reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)special occasion (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Cold food, forgotten drinks,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2013Cold food, forgotten drinks, incredibly loud music at 1:00 on a Sunday....
- TonymuzOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Food was good but certain items where way over priced like the $8 egg and cheese biscuit with ham!?!? Really $8 for a biscuit???? The place is big and roomy which I like. Went there over St. Patricks Day weekend and was very loud. Too loud to have a lunch.Special Features:
- It was extremely busy andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013It was extremely busy and noisy with an almost exclusive college crowd. The servers however made a strong effort to be fast and efficient.Special Features:
- Good time guaranteed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013OTS was great! Maggie was our server and took care of us and made sure we had any food or drink that we needed. I don't think it was loud. I wonder if they need the music to be as loud in the living room area as the rest of the bar. Its pretty intimate and I'd rather not raise my voice to talk to my date.Special Features:
- Went on date with my long-timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Went on date with my long-time girlfriend. They have little 2 person private dining rooms that are more appropriately described as closets, but they really negate a lot of the noise. They have a curtain that is pulled back so you can still see the bar/restaurant, but it makes dining more enjoyable and romantic. Food was exceptional for it being a bar. Price was not very high if you frequently eat close to downtown.Special Features:
- Really cool atmosphere withCaradoranDined on 2/21/2013Really cool atmosphere with good service. Food was ok.....you could tell our meal sat under under the heat lamp for a while before it got to our table. I ordered the reuben and fries and the fries were cold and soggy as was the sandwich. Beer list was good and again nice atmosphere. Probably wont go back for the food but will for the beers and bar scene.Special Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2013Let me just start by saying that if you're looking for an extensive beer list, loud music and a decent crowd, Old Social will fit the bill; however, if you're looking for good service or great food, it's not the place for you. I have been here twice in the last month, and unfortunately, I have been unimpressed both times. I brought a group of 7 girls here (all of who are from out of town) last weekend and the service was HORRIBLE. The waitress and the busser both acted like it was a huge hassle to serve us. It took 30 minutes to get drinks, an hour to get our food, and when my friend asked for salt and pepper (for her bland Mac and cheese) the bus boy had the nerve to roll his eyes. If I could write more I would. Not a good experience.
- Great table in front if hugeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Great table in front if huge fire place made evening romantic. Food was good, but not outstanding. The space in general was well designed and fun. Wait staff a little confused.Special Features:
- went here for resteraunt weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/9/2013went here for resteraunt week just recently- it was still cheaper to order a la carte vs off the resteraunt week menu. we ordered a bunch of different things and i was very underwhelmed with everythin. definately not worth the amount of money that we spent. we got the duck wings- they were very gamey. also the burger had no flavor and the meat was so dense. of the other items- which i cant remember (obv not that memorable) nothing was really outstanding. i would probably not reccomend and i will definately not be dining there again.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/6/2013It was our wedding anniversary and they treated us like royalty. Our server Amanda was absolutely fabulous. She was very helpful in picking out food we would like as well as beer. She was very attentive and still gave us our space for a great and romantic evening. And the manager, Matt, was so gracious and welcoming. We can't wait to go back. A+Special Features:
- Brunch spot!PRudnickVIPDined on 1/27/2013Great brunch menu! I was so surprised and can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- The service was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The service was extremely slow but we were needing to tk and catch up with friends anyhow. By 9 pm couldn't talk because of the noise level. The hours of 5-9 pm are best for talking. We loved the decor.Special Features:
- can't really review the restaurantnorthshoregalVIPDined on 1/20/2013can't really review the restaurant because i was unable to park and circled for well over 20 minutes. my companion waited inside at our table. he ordered a drink. it was so very noisy that the waiter got his drink order wrong. because i was unable to park we left and found a lovely restaurant with valet service nearby.Special Features:
- More a bro bar then a foodies gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013My boyfriend and I both consider ourselves foodies. We love trying new places with interesting menu and great atmosphere. The food was delish and menu very interesting but the atmosphere was obnoxious. It was more of a bro bar than a foodies gem. We could hardly hear each other even while yelling. This place is great for people that love the bar scene, but I will not be going back.Special Features:
- I would like to give it higherOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/6/2013I would like to give it higher marks but both of our hamburgers were overcooked and our deviled egg appetizer arrived after our entrees were served.Special Features: