80 West Broadway
South Boston, MA 02127Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://amrheinsboston.com/
- Phone: 6172686189
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 11:30am – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 11:30am – 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Amrheins
Amrheins has been a Boston tradition since 1890. For over a century, diners throughout the city of Boston have been welcomed into Amrheins to enjoy quality meals amongst friends and neighbors. Today that tradition continues in our updated facility. Despite the renovations in 2005, Amrheins is still full of history. Amrheins is the proud home of the oldest hand carved bar in America and still has the first Draft Beer pump in Boston on display. But what really makes Amrheins special is its dedication to quality cuisine and superior service. We hope that you join us again soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Amrheins - Best Restaurants in South Boston ›
Amrheins reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (25)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (18)romantic (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best brunch in BostonTCoadyDined on 10/27/2013Seriously, this brunch was amazing. Brought a bunch of friends from out of town and they were blown away. Not common to have a buffet that blows you away- everything was DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of fine diningTallandhungryDined on 10/25/2013This restaurant was really quite wonderful. The service was very accommodating. The food was wonderful. The atmosphere was friendly, warm and completely enjoyable. There is a reason they have been feeding folks in Boston since 1890. Plan on an enjoyable evening. Another nice addition they have parking for the customers eliminating the hunt for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locals love itdiningcatDined on 10/20/2013I hadn't been to Amrheins for quite some time so thought I would give it a try. The service is very good and everyone is really friendly and accommodating, and it seems to be a very popular place as it was a full house. My biggest complaint is that it was so dark in the bar eating area that I couldn't even read the menu, while the main dining room was too bright for me. So, no happy medium. For my taste, the food is just OK. However, if you like huge portions then you will like Amrheins a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding clam chowder.MarilynDined on 10/17/2013Outstanding clam chowder. We liked it much better than that LS Company's. Never had lobster mac and cheese before. It was full of lobster and excellent cheddar. I'd love to have their recipe. This was a homerun with us. I'd love to have their recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!HungryDined on 10/13/2013If you enjoy a good brunch this one is a must. The quantity and quality of food items were incredible. Great atmosphere and top notch service make Amrheins a great choice for a special event or just a social time with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchRobinVIPDined on 10/6/2013So glad we arrive early for Amrheins' Sunday Brunch and have a reservation using OpenTable. The selection of items in their buffet has numerous favorites for everyone in my family. The quality of food is outstanding and the price is very reasonable. This is becoming a regular option for our family. We look forward to Sundays when we have a reservation at Amrheins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereJOHN02155VIPDined on 10/3/2013I love the old photos on the wall - this is where Old Southie welcomes New Southie. Great bar, very good traditional American fare.Special Features:
- A Restaurant Worth Biking ToOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2013I nearly got lost cycling there from Charlestown and back, but the food was worth it and the service was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchJenRDined on 9/29/2013Amazing brunch buffet. Everything you can think of for breakfast, plus a lot of lunch-type stuff, too. Service was very good. For twenty bucks, including coffee, it's a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a landmark restaurantsuzyVIPDined on 9/23/2013Finally got down here to check it out myself and see why this vintage place has been around since 1890! They even have their own parking lot to make it easy. Food and service were very good. Even indulged in a huge dessert which we luckily split. Will go back!Special Features:
- Brunch underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2013There were many choices on the buffet for brunch; however, many of the items were dried out from being there too long despite the fact that we were there soon after the opening. The service was poor: one would think constant reminders to refill coffee mugs and water glasses wouldn't be necessary when that's the primary responsibility for a waiter at a buffet. Very ehhhh type of meal.Special Features:
- Good restaurant with manyRembDined on 9/21/2013Good restaurant with many options and good price. It is very accessible to the highway and convention center. There is free parking available in an area that is tough to find parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating bdayscollmegDined on 9/15/2013We were a party of 6....had a nice table, enjoyed our delicious dinners and all was great for our Bday celebrations!Special Features:
- Local hangout with okay menuElizabethVIPDined on 9/14/2013We had heard good things about Amrheins as a local neighborhood hang out, but were disappointed by the experience. The food was okay, not as good as the menu seemed to indicate, and the hostess was not only unfriendly, she was surly. Maybe she was having a bad night, but expressing a bad attitude for a hostess is unacceptable. The restaurant also seemed unprepared for our arrival even though we had a reservation. The server was excellent -- attentive and enthusiastic. All in all, maybe an off night?Special Features:
- Onion RingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2013I normally do not get onion rings but these were the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2013So many good options and not only breakfast foods for brunch. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchRobinVIPDined on 9/8/2013My family had another great experience at Amrheins. The wings and ribs were outstanding. My daughter has been going on about how good the bow tie cheese pasta was as well as the flour-less chocolate cake. We'll be back for Sunday brunch in a few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great AtmospheretarasrxDined on 9/1/2013My experience at Amrhein's has to be one of the best that rivals any restaurant in GB area. The waitstaff was friendly, food was great, and the atmosphere was first class. i completely recommend trying to get a booth seat, the backs are nice and high so you can have a quiet conversation without hearing anyone else around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is better with buffetsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013Wide variety of food for brunch and exceedingly attentive waitstaff. Food was a little unfresh, but it's a brunch buffet so what can you really expect... Make sure to check out the pastry options, bacon, and the carving station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of Summer BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2013I love this restaurant. You have the feeling you are visiting an old friend. The choice of food on the buffet is plentiful and delicious. Omelet station has everything you need for fixings. Would visit this place again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!tarasrxDined on 8/31/2013Great food and atmosphere! My only complaint is that even though the restaurant was no where near full, we were still seated at the worst possible table for two. It is in the back corner next to the bar and where the entrance to the kitchen is. I had my chair kicked no less than a dozen times by the waitstaff. This was probably just a fluke, but if they start to walk you into the back corner do not let them seat you there, no matter how big the tv is in front of you :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you love BUTTER!RobbiDined on 8/31/2013Everything came swimming in butter. We requested swordfish with NO butter but it came With tons of it. We sent it back & ordered A burger with fries which was nothing special. Unfortunate as the waitstaff was cordial. Probably wouldn't make the trip there again soon From metro West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2013Hadn't been to Amrhein's since February when I was disappointed to see that they had eliminated their separate gluten-free menu. On my recent visit, I was pleased to discover that their new menu is now more "user-friendly" to my GF requirements..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops were great! Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2013Scallops were great! Our server was outstanding, she was very accommodating and made wonderful suggestions.Special Features:
- Old School SouthieNewsgirl01970Dined on 8/15/2013Amrhein's is a classic that still delivers. The food is not fantastic, but its always good. The service and atmosphere is friendly and vibrant. The bar features large U shaped booths for parties of up to 6 which is unique. They offer everything from salads and sandwiches to a Sunday brunch. They have an outdoor dining patio as well as bar area and a dining room. But the biggest seller is... they have a PARKING LOT!Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch WinnerRobinVIPDined on 8/4/2013Another great visit to Amrheins for my family. The chief was clearly visible checking on various items and talk with customers. The wings and ribs were outstanding. The desserts last Sunday included their flourless chocolate cake, my kids and wife were thrilled. We can't recommend this spot for Sunday brunch highly enough. Great job to the staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service!Jennifer21VIPDined on 7/20/2013This restaurant is fantastic. The food was superb, and it doesn't hit your wallet too hard. The main reason for my review though is the service. Daniella was very professional, helpful, and timely. Not only that, but when my boyfriend and I told the waitstaff how great our experience has been the entire evening - the head chef (Rich) came out to talk to us! How awesome is that!? I'll definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem Perfect for BrunchFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2013This place has a nice buffet spread for brunch. Usually, I'm not a fan of buffets as quality is compromised, but Amrheins definitely knows how to keep the quality while providing a variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite for Sunday BrunchRobinVIPDined on 7/14/2013Amrheins does an outstanding job at their Sunday brunch. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:
- generally excellent but lastfordhamVIPDined on 7/13/2013generally excellent but last visit not great not because of food but discourteous people at long table next to ours who when they couldn't speak with their friends at other end of table stood in the aisle right on top of us to converseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2013Food was good but a bit greasy. Service was really pretty bad. Inattentive waitstaff.
- very niceKingsleycDined on 7/13/2013Going out on a date or hanging with friends/family, Amrheins is a nice pace to visit. The American style meal is really affordable. Actually I was amazed how affordable it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseRobynVIPDined on 7/12/2013Had never heard of this restaurant but thanks to Living Social....love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have not been to AmrheinsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2013Have not been to Amrheins for many years although I always enjoyed it. I was very impressed with this visit. Enjoyed everything. they have added an outdoor space since I've been there. Since it overlooks the parking lot, I was not initially impressed, but it is set up very nicely with barriers and multiple plants. Although we ate inside, the outdoor space looked inviting. There is plenty of free parking - a great bonus. The portions were large, so we left with food for another meal We are already planning a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food go-toCrisCDined on 6/29/2013Chicken pot pie and shepherd's pie (and lobster pie!) here are THE BEST I've had! Delicious creamy filling, crispy crust, topped with mashed potatoes. I consider it my go-to place for comfort food and would be happy only ordering the chicken pot pie each time I visit. My friend and I had planned to order dessert after, but neither of us could finish our dishes (my friend got the shepherd's pie... they're both really filling). Nice selection of beer on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice blend of old and newJimWDined on 6/28/2013It was my first time and I was treated like an old-timer. The place was full of tradition with an up to date menu. Food was very good. The hostess and waitress were wonderful attentive and hospitable. I'll be back.Special Features:
- great meal well done fromfordhamVIPDined on 6/23/2013great meal well done from greeter to waiter to cook can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open table on a Saturday night!Iluv2eatDined on 6/22/2013I was a little nervous at how easy it was to get a table at 7:30 on a Saturday night but I was pleasently surprised! The staff was super friendly and accommodating and the appetizers were delicious. The main course was decent, I ordered the filet wrapped in bacon and was a little disappointed, the steak was a little overcooked, I ordered it medium and it was medium well, but other than that everything was very good. My boyfriend ordered the chicken pot pie which was great, no complaints there. Overall it was a great experience, I will just stick with the comfort foods next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch. One snagLouiseDined on 6/19/2013Wonderful lunch. One snag was our waitress didn't bring us our check, and we waited and waited and had to look for her. Otherwise a home run and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to be with friendsskimikDined on 6/16/2013Just wonderful, food was great and service was outstanding.Special Features: