Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4073630228x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (50)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- The best steak everMelindaDined on 6/3/2014I had the best steak ever, the best mashed potatoes, it was fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaks in OrlandoGuru4travelDined on 6/3/2014Always consistently great steaks and great servicenter. The surf and turf for two at .. $39.99 or person with salad included is a great deal for an excellent dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience.Posheats22Dined on 6/2/2014Although many people recommended this restaurant it was a terrible experience for me and 6 of my staff members. We all ordered filets. Everyone of them were not cooked correctly. All the steaks were extremely dry. They brought the steaks back out they were cooked right but no flavor...very odd considering they are known for their steaks. Most of all the sides were luke warm to cold. I complained to the manager he said he would take the filets off. We get our bill and he had taken $20 off instead of the $35 like he said he would. So I asked our server and he takes the check to a manager and brings it back and there was an additional $1 taken off!!! R u kidding me. These people are morons!! Total disappointment. Also had to ask for refills.
- Great Special OccasionGraceDined on 6/1/2014This was our first time at Charley's and it did not disappoint. The food and service was outstanding. We ordered the Grouper and the Kansas City strip and both were outstanding. There was an incredible wine selection. This was our first wedding anniversary and they were quick to recognize and provided a complimentary dessert as well. A nice touch and a great steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneDino1424Dined on 5/31/2014Took some clients to Charlie's. Even though we had a reservation we waited 30 minutes for our table. Which isn't the end of the world since some of our party was running late. Unfortunately each person's steak (6 people total) was overcooked. One person's was so well done it had to be sent back. Service was overly friendly, which can be good an bad. Pricing is on par with a steakhouse, but not worth it for well done meat. Maybe it was just bad luck, but I do not plan of visiting again.Special Features:
- Just okDebsDined on 5/31/2014Kc bone in was good. Waiter was a little snippy. Sides were not good. Lobster Mac and cheese and two in the party had grouper. They only took a few bites
- Too expensive for the food qualityDonnaDined on 5/27/2014We went to Charley's on I drive in Orlando for our anniversary. My husband ordered one of their famous steaks and he prefers his steak well done, so, he ordered it medium well. They butterflied it and it turned out dry, even for his taste, but flavorful. I ordered the chicken breast, hollandaise style and thank god I did, because my chicken was so dirt dry I couldn't have eaten a bite of it without the extra sauce I requested. It was so tough I could barely cut it. I think they also need to update the restaurant.. all those creepy old pictures need to go! The service however, was very good. We had a very nice and knowledgable server.
- Mushroom fondueValentinesDined on 5/25/2014Awesome. Please put it back on the menu or have the servers suggest it as a starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charley's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Food was good, tables were a bit too close together. Waiters were very busy, taking them awhile to wait on everyone and explain the meats etc...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JPLCVistorDined on 5/23/2014A must for a special occasion when in town. The service and food was well above average. Thank you Walter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific steak dinnerGondoDined on 5/22/2014Wonderful service, very attentive. answered all of our questions about the different cuts of meat (which they bring out for your review). Our steaks were great, as was the mashed potatoes. Tables are a little close together, but that didn't create any real problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itBobSDined on 5/21/2014Good news: Crab cakes were superb - the best I have had outside of Maryland. Asparagus was excellent. Bread very good. A companion said their loaded baked potato was the best he ever had - maybe he doesn't get out much? Rib eye taste was superb. But parts of this were so tough they were very difficult to eat - not OK for $15 rib eye let alone this one for $50. The waiter? Stop lecturing and reciting speeches. Don't tell me you don't bring the bread until later. Don't touch the sample cuts with your hands - and then don't wipe your hands on your pants! Don't leave me with my drink glass dry for long periods of time. And don't be arrogant - neither you nor your restaurant is good enough to merit arrogance.
- Great Experience!greatfoodtoeatDined on 5/18/2014We took our son to Charley's for his 25th birthday and we had a fantastic time. Both the guy's had the Bison and it was awesome. My daughter and I had fish dishes and they were tasty as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fell shortOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2014The cornerstones of a great steak house is a perfect steak flawlessly executed, frankly simple but perfectly prepared absolutely fresh sides, all delivered with attentive yet unobtrusive service. For our recent group outing the steak was spot on, sides flawless, but the service slow and absent attention. While we wanted the chance to visit and talk 3.5 hours was a bit draggy for dinner, taking the steak knives with the salad plate clearance, delivering the steaks in two batches separated by 4 or 5 minute (for a group of 6?), those absent knives sat staring at their steaks, having to track someone down for knives then again for the bill, searching another time for the couple sides which got missed? The auto 18% gratuity cemented never again.
- Service disappointingBlazerDined on 5/17/2014The food was great although high priced. The service was terrible. Drinks were not refilled, had to ask for bread, waiter did not come to check on needs.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014We try to get to Charley's when we are in Orlando. The steaks are the best we have ever had! Service is top notch, and the desserts are beautifully presented as well as delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Great food, big portions and good service from our waiter SteveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch RestaurantRaleighHooooooty1Dined on 5/13/2014We live in Raleigh and come to Florida every year or every other year. We always make a dinner reservation at Charlie's and have never been disappointed. Top Notch all the way. This trip we ate at the one on I-drive for the first time. Very Satisfied. Ask for Andrew, excellent waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sub parjc02viperDined on 5/13/2014I have been here 3 times, the first time was awesome and the last two were very disappointing. The last time in particular I ordered a steak cooked medium and the filet mignon came out very charred and burnt on the outside and rawl on the inside. I will not be coming back
- ExcellentJudeeVIPDined on 5/10/2014Outstanding food & service! Pricey, but the quality is top notch & worth the extra bucks! Great special occasion restaurant. Steaks cooked perfectly. Rolls were different & excellent change from typical white bread/rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014In Orlando for a conference and needed a steakhouse for hosting a group of 6. Service was outstanding, drinks and wine were flowing and the steaks were excellent. They have a Bison bone-in ribeye that was the best of the group. Our group enjoyed it so much our customer took a different group back the next night. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We came in for an anniversary celebration. We were pleased but a little disappointed with the lobster not really that good.....service was excellent.Special Features:
- Best steak everLenRDined on 4/26/2014Charley's is my favorite steak house in Orlando, I am always satisfied with the food, the service and the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staffBizdinerDined on 4/26/2014At the beginning our service was great, but after our main entree's arrived they were nowhere to be seen. Waiter forgot one of our desert orders also.Special Features:
- Could’ve been bettereatoutalotDined on 4/26/2014In other words it was good, staff very accommodating, atmosphere wonderful. At the same time I have to take issue with a couple of things that happened during our meal. 3 glasses of wine were ordered, 2 Chardonnays and a Merlot in each case the amount served was far far less then one would expect given the price per glass--did not feel we got what we paid for. The other issue, during the course of the meal, diet coke apparently ran out, and we were told that someone was changing the tank, but a member of my party had to ask 3 times for a refill. One ribeye steak was more fat, then substance, but was good, just wish I had more meat.
- Tale of Two VisitsBluebirdDined on 4/26/2014When we visit Orlando, we always love to eat at Charley's on I-Drive. For the first time, we had a disappointing dinner and reported it to the manager. We requested no freebies or price reduction - just wanted him to know. While my wife's steak was perfection, our house salads were blah, bread was tasteless, and my twin lobster tails were terribly overcooked and dry. We returned a few nights later. This time, they brought us some extra salad dressing on the side which GREATLY improved the house salad, and some butter which also greatly improved the bread. Everything else was great - steak and pork chop. Also, don't miss the portabella mushroom fries with fondue for dipping. Not on the menu, but available as a special appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sub-parbeenaroundDined on 4/25/2014Our table was less than 6 inches away from another party of 6. The atmosphere was Fake Tiffany lights Old acoustic cieliing tile and in general worn . Our waiter while initially attentive had no help so no water refills no pepper for the salad etc., which would be fine at longhorn but the price tap was Capital grill or Ruth's Chris. The Coke was undrinkable and the waiter removed it but did not replace or question why or remove it from the bill. The salad and the calamari appetizer were OK and the sauce for the Calamari was above average. The Strip steak was tough and even difficult to cut with the dull knives. Absolutely no reason to return.
- Fabulous Dinner experience!JudyODined on 4/25/2014Dined at this location for the first to celebrate my birthday and it was perfect! Food was prepared exactly as ordered and the wine list had something for everyone. Best Crème Brulee ever!!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 4/24/2014Everything was just great. There was eight of us including an eight month old. The service was amazing. The staff are very professional and accommodating. The food was amazing. One comment that was made " The best steak I have ever eaten". Congratulations we will be back and I would recommend to my friends. Thanks again. Cheers.Special Features:
- TerBear2VIPDined on 4/23/2014Delicious. Excellent service. Would definitely eat at other resturants affiliated with your chain. Used part of a coupon for my husbands birthday. That worked out well.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Best steak I ever had and the service and people were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinDined on 4/21/2014We were very pleased with our experience at Charley's Steak House, our waiter Frias was fantastic,they actually show you each cut of meat on on serving tray and will entertain any questions you may have . ( something you would expect at affine steak house. Overall the food was incredible. The deserts were amazing, I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great steak houseMerkdawgDined on 4/20/2014Some of the best steaks we have had. Waiter was very attentive and knowledgable. He gave good recommendations for an appetizer and wine. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- AUsomeAUsomeDined on 4/20/2014Food great, wine great, service wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccible Service, Great food20thAnniversaryVIPDined on 4/19/2014Our service was impeccable. Khan and his staff were the best. The manager was very professional and truly took care of our needs. We were celebrating out 20th wedding anniversary and the staff was great in acknowledging our celebration. Thank you to the Charley's staff for making our evening one we will always remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakLisaDined on 4/15/2014We had a table of 14. Each of us ordered a different cut of steak and everything was excellent. When we ordered our appetizers, the chef surprised us with 2 complimentary tuna tar tar. Excellent food, wine and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great for CelebrationsAnneDined on 4/12/2014Husband and I visited to celebrate our anniversary and had a lovely evening. Food was delicious and ample. Service was great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We are locals in the area and found Charley's to be not warming to locals but tourist was there main focus.
- Fabulous mealManthDined on 4/11/2014We had been to Charley's twice before on our holiday 2 years ago and thought we'd give it another try and were so glad we did! It was an amazing evening with beautiful food and a brilliant attentive waiter called Dave A! Wish there was somewhere this good in UK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood & SteaksEasyEDined on 4/10/2014My wife and I love seafood and always have a wonderful dinning experience, includes ambiance, service and fresh delicious food. The Lobster Mixed Grill entree is a medley of lobster, shrimp, salmon and scallops, a must have. The Ultimate Surf & Turf for Two is an excellent choice, for the best of both worlds. The Open Pit Fire Grill creates an amazing flavor. The entire staff, the valet, servers and managers provide excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.