Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4073630228x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (48)notable wine list (48)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Charley's Steak House is aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Charley's Steak House is a reliable must when you want a great steak and a pleasant evening out with your Spouse or a group either one.Special Features:
- We go to Charleys often, firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We go to Charleys often, first time at this location. Awesome service as usual, always a pleasure to go.Special Features:
- The food was absolutely wonderful..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The food was absolutely wonderful...one of the best steaks I've ever had. My husband and I shared the 20 oz. filet and it was cooked to perfection. Even though I was satisfied before the steak was gone, I had to finish it. So delicious!Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013My wife and myself had an incredible evening at the restaurant. We enjoyed every single minute of our stay. The service was outstandig friendly and helpful. The steaks we had were just perfekt. We had never ever had such a OUTSTANDING food. Also the florida gator and the salat were pleasure to eat. Next time when we come to visit orlando florida we definitely will eat again at charley's steakhouse. Very well done!! Thank you very much for this experience!Special Features:
- ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Went to Charley's on my sons birthday, as he had requested it because a friend in Milwaukee had recommended it. Everyone had a good time because of the service, our waiter and watress did a stellar job...at $45.00 tip, and the meat was tasty. My feeling is that the cocktails were over priced, the beer selection was limited. The potato wedges and the garlic mashed potatoes were very spicy and not well liked at the table. In fact, carry out leftovers they were thrown out. There are many ways to enhance the value of a dining experience, but my overall feeling is that the dining experience was good, but the value was just not there. My wife travel to Orlando two to three times per month, so we are not the typical tourist.Special Features:
- good food, forgotten tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2013We held a business dinner at Charley's. When we arrived, there seemed to be confusion at the hostess stand that caused us to stand and wait and wonder for about three minutes before we were seated. We were a group of 6 and were seated in very close proximity to another group of about 15. One server was waiting on both tables and i think it affected the service. It was very slow to get our drinks, place our orders and get our meals. Our server never reappeared to us after we placed our orders. The food was good, but the service really detracted from the overall experience. I think I would go back again and hope that I would get better service next time.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013Wow, oak scent fillet mignon was just way too tender to chew and my kid loved it so much. Bison steak should be my wife's new favorite. Visual presentation of different kind of steaks was very impressiveSpecial Features:
- Don't miss this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2013Outstanding food. Always great service never miss a chance to go there when in Orlando. The potatoes and broccoli are worth it alone.Special Features:
- Great food, as always! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013Great food, as always! Service was also excellent.Special Features:
- As usual, the food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013As usual, the food and atmosphere at Charley's were excellent. We did experience some slow service, but fortunately we were in no hurry in any event.Special Features:
- We have been to Charley'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013We have been to Charley's twice. Our 1st time was October 2012, it was amazing. The food was awesome, we had the filet mignon (cooked perfectly) with the portabello fried mushrooms, and escargots. Our server really made our evening perfect. The 2nd time, this past weekend, was a disaster. Our server was overwhelmed, in a bad mood. He brought out the wrong appetizer, then took over 15 minutes to bring us a very expensive bottle of wine that we ordered. Our filet mignon was undercooked and the cooked mushrooms were terrible, all thrown on a plate. The manager came by and did not even apologize! Terrible service! If this would've been our 1st time, we would never return! This place has so much potential if they would only get it right!Special Features:
- Very Disappointed, steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/1/2013Very Disappointed, steaks were not cooked to order and everything had a smoke flavor to it. The service was great, the meal was not.
- This place is fabulous. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013This place is fabulous. The staff is attentive and helpful. We were a little intimidated by the prices but everything we had was well worth the price. It's a wonderful alternative to all the tourist trap places in the area.Special Features:
- Wood Fire GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/1/2013The wood fire grill makes everything delicious! The steaks are the best!Special Features:
- We come to Charley's everyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013We come to Charley's every year and as usual it was amazing! The food is perfect and the service is always great. We always leave with our bellies full.Special Features:
- We had only one complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2013We had only one complaint to a near perfect meal andservice experience in that the highly recommended lobster mac and cheese was terrible- tasteless, over cooked and didnt even taste cheeseySpecial Features:
- We travel once a year to FLOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013We travel once a year to FL and always make Charley's one of our stops. Their food is absolutely fantastic. Can't wait until next year.Special Features:
- Very pleasant evening at Charley's(OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Very pleasant evening at Charley's(I-drive. The server Von is the best definitely request for her. The steak was a little undercooked however it was taken care of quickly. This was an eventful evening and definitely will return. Thanks again!!Special Features:
- By far the most memorable,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013By far the most memorable, delightful meal I have ever enjoyed. Our server, "David," made it so. He was SUCH a professional! The food was expertly prepared, and the wine ( which was recommended by the bartender), was scrumptious. If you want fabulous food, service that is beyond accommodating and elegant, then this is the establishment for you. There are not enough superlatives to describe the efforts of David to make certain our meal was exceptional. Request him. You won't be sorry!
- It was extremely hot in theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2013It was extremely hot in the restuarant. This made it difficult to enjoy our evening.Special Features:
- I loved how the wood seasonedChuckLVIPDined on 2/21/2013I loved how the wood seasoned the taste of the steak!
- I've always enjoyed Charley's.PhilDined on 2/21/2013I've always enjoyed Charley's. But this time, I wasn't so pleased. The service was great, although I felt we were a bit rushed. We started out with an appetizer of crab claws. It was the special of the day. Now I know. Pricy! Waiter didn't tell us how much. They were ok; so hard to get the meat out of....not worth it. Our steaks were good, but this time my Kansas City Strip was just ok. Not sure why. 3 people, 2 glasses of wine...bill was over $200!Special Features:
- Great 5 star steak house.slashDined on 2/20/2013Great 5 star steak house. I have eaten at a few other prime steak houses throughout the country and this one will be on the stop again list. Lives up to their reputation.Special Features:
- Pro Football playerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We had a great time...Would like to say we had Titans running back Chris Johnson there and we all really enjoyed. Will returning again.......Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We were very surprised on how the inside looked. We have eaten at the sister restaurant Moonfish the inside there isn't too much to brag about. However it is an excellent restaurant. Which we would eat there again. Charley's however was very nice, comfortable. The lighting was perfect. It was a very nice restaurant. The service was exceptional. Our glasses were always full. Dave C. is a wonderful waiter as well as the other 2 that were helping him. The food well goes without saying. We have been to many steak restaurants and this is by far one of the best. We will definately be dining there again.Special Features:
- Had the surf and turf--wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2013Had the surf and turf--was excellent. Our steak was delivered "Pittsburgh" style and prepared flawless!Special Features:
- Food was over priced. Wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Food was over priced. Wasn't no wow factor. Service was great!!!!!
- The entire experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The entire experience was excellent. The food was amazing. I've been to many high end steakhouses but Charley's is beyond approach.Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's Day withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's Day with the wife. Had a reservation and was seated at the specified time. Being a larger man, I found the booths to be uncomfordable. Were prompltly re- seated at a table. Much better !! Not a wine drinker but there was a large wine list. Ordered a Whisky before dinner. It arrived on the rocks. I wasn't asked if I would like it neat. I advised the server who brought another. We split the Scallops for an app- itizer. Delicious !! Had the Buffalo Ribeye for dinner. Full of flavor and perfectly prepared Medium: pink in the middle. We split the Cheesecake for dessert. Good, but not outstanding. While somewhat slow, all the dishes came out of the kitchen perfectly hot or cold. Would like a P-house offered. Great dinnSpecial Features:
- Steak was tasty, tender andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Steak was tasty, tender and properly cooked. Salad was very nice. Bread was good also. Floor manager checked on thode dining and on the staff to insure attentive service. Waiter's appeared ready to take care of anyone with a request, which we appreciate always.Special Features:
- I love Charley's. I love thePatrickDined on 2/14/2013I love Charley's. I love the flavor the oak and citrus give the steaks. Wonderful.Special Features:
- The food was very good andlocalguyVIPDined on 2/12/2013The food was very good and the service was outstanding. We will return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- The service was great, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013The service was great, food was wonderful. Can't wait to have the opportunity to return.Special Features:
- This was a big disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013This was a big disappointment. Food was just fair for a high end steak house. Even though we were very early, service was not great and we were seated next to waiters hangout so we got to hear all their conversations. And as close as we were to their hangout, getting additional water, wine, etc. was problematic. Steak had large vein of gristle and lobster mac & cheese was lousy. Lobster bisque and salads were excellent, best part of the meal, but not worth $300 for 4. I had eaten at other Orlando location several times in past, and remembered it positively. Not even close to Capital Grille.
- HIGH CLASS AND $$$$ FIVE STARSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2013Charleys is an Orlando institution. Mainly , business people , loud and obnoxious sit around big tables booze it up and are extremely loud . this was a thursday night . Its a business mans dream come true . Loud , crwoded rooms even at 8 pm. Big expensive place. I give the staff credit as well as the cooks for being knowledgeable , creative - attentive , even with the place filled up . Excellent lobster and steaks with side dishes and a great bread . FYI our table of 4 with one drink each hit a bill of 4 250. which was reasonable concidering quality. Not for young families , unless you are rich . We had Kansas city Steaks - lobstertals and one person shared the 42 ounce stk. Totally different vibes than the quiet KissemmmieSpecial Features:
- Very disapointed in the meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Very disapointed in the meal. I brought a party of eight and was raving about the dry aged steaks that I had enjoyed here over the past several NAFEM Shows. I had the Kobe steak and it was tough and over salted. Several of my guests reported the same experience. Our server Jane was great.
- Absolutely excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Absolutely excellent food! We were celebrating a birthday and everyone said Happy Birthday to my daughter. They also gave her, her dessert on the house.Special Features:
- Waiter was outstanding...foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Waiter was outstanding...food was not as perfected as on other occasions..
- Terrific Steaks!!!Koko2939Dined on 2/4/2013The best steakhouse in Orlando!!! Wonderful service, selection of meat can not be any better!!Special Features:
- Great seafood and steaksyummytummyDined on 2/2/2013The food was good, but not as good as past visits. The shrimp(prawns) cocktail appetizer was delicious! The bacon wrapped scallops was a bit undercooked. The steak was charred on the outside (surf and turf for 2), wasn't the best, but the stuffed lobster tails were very tasty. I should have stuck to my usual choice of filet mignon which has always been superb.Special Features: