Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
8255 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4073630228x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 1000 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Charley's Steak House I-DRIVE reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)notable wine list (73)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (58)romantic (58)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Once seated everything was awesomeLuvgdfdDined on 5/10/2013Had an issue getting seated, arrived early for registration, sat in bar and apparently Got forgotten. While it was only a little while past our registration time, several groups Came in and were seated before I ask the manager who than got us a seat. Once seated however everything was amazing as always. Food at Charlie's is always Wonderful, as are the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Very Good Steak...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013About 9 of us went to Chaley's for a family gathering around Mother's Day. We had been craving the porterhouse steak we had the last time we were in town a couple years ago. WHAT??? NO PORTERHOUSE STEAKS ANYMORE??? So that is why they got a 4star intstead of 5. What a disappointment that our favorite steak was no longer available. We ordered a different cut but it wasn't the same. The wait staff was great. So was the whole lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parsteakloversDined on 5/10/2013We keep thinking "it must be they're thinking the tourist traffic will make up for the lack of repeat business...". Charley's is one of our favorite steakhouses in the country, and this was our first time at the I-Drive location. Service was way below expectations, which you can live with when the steaks are that good, but we cut away 3oz of grizzly nasty from two out of three 10oz filets. Sad. Won't keep us away from Charley's Tampa location, which is always an exceptional experience, especially for the level of service you expect when you're dropping $100+ per diner.Special Features:
- Gret for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013I just had my retirement dinner there and the staff was friendly and attentive and the food was excellent. Highly recommended.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakscardio1Dined on 5/8/2013The ribeye was perfect. The lobster/macaroni was smooth and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gold StandardOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/7/2013Charley's on International Drive is the standard by which we judge all steaks, and fine dining establishments. The service is always impeccable and the food amazing. The Kobe ribeye melts in your mouth and the mushroom fondue (off menu) is fabulous. The wine list is amazing and if you have a question, go ask Kyle in the bar. He can tell you anything you want to know about the menu or wine list. The dessert portions are 1/4 of cake or pie! We travel all over the world and Charley's on International is, by far, still our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencelovyrfood2Dined on 5/7/2013The food was outstanding, along with the best service and the ambiance is top notch. I would recommend this restaurant to all of my clients. Steaks,salad, appetizer tasty. Love Love Love this location. The waiter was on top of his job. Always making sure we had what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itTheDudeDined on 5/5/2013My wife and I have enjoyed Charley's for many years. On our last visit we invited friends who are newlyweds.They really enjoyed the whole experience. Great staff and service, huge menu and selection, wonderful food and presentation. Best of all for them we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Have Been GreatAloha407Dined on 5/4/2013Overall we enjoyed the food. The steaks were excellent and the side dishes were very good. We didn't care for whatever was topping the lobster and the salad was bad (it tasted exactly like bagged salad). What ruined our dinner was the seating arrangement and the staff. It was early so there were plenty of tables available. A large party of 8-10 came in shortly after us and sat at the table next to us. A "big" person took the ONLY seat that both put her within inches of our table and blocked the whole isle. We're not oversensitive to other people but imagine dining with the back of a stranger about 8 inches away, closer to you then any of your family. Any other seat would have fixed. The staff shouldn't have let this happen.Special Features:
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013High quality meat, great flavor. Steak was cooked a little less than ordered. Sides were served family style and would serve four easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatTobyDined on 5/2/2013The actual size of the menu was ridiculous, awkward and pretentious, it was at least 30" high. We were at a table for 4 that was about 2 feet wide, sitting opposite each other. There was no way for us to read the menu at the same time without them banging together. Tried to hold it off to the side, almost knocked over my water glass with the unwieldy thing. The print was too light and hard to read in the dark, I tried to move my giant menu closer to the light mounted on the wall but it hit the light and banged into the other menu. Why annoy the customer with an awkward and almost impossible to read menu? The food was average, nothing to write home about. The service was good with the waitress acknowledging the stupidity of the menu size.
- Amazing steaksVparkDined on 5/1/2013The menus are large and a bit awkward so the meat presentation was helpful and impressive! We were shown just about every cut and type of meat available. Everything from a petit filet mignon to a 50oz porter house and from bison to Wagyu style kobe beef. We had the bison and the kobe beef both were cooked perfectly with great flavor. Had we known that the sides would be as big as they are we would have shared one! My husband ordered a loaded baked potato and they finished it with the butter and sour cream tableside (another cool presentation). I ordered garlic smashed red potatoes. They came in their own dish and could easily have fed Us both! Oh and they were Deliscious!! Our only disappointment was that we weren't offered dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Norman's steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013My husband take the special Norman's steak at $64.00 but cannot sleep during the night after. The special taste was not for him why can you cook the same way like other steak?Special Features:
- This is our second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013This is our second visit to Charlies. The food is a bit pricey but delicious. Was a bit disappointed that the server only packed our steak in our leftover box. Anything else that was on our plate, lobster macaroni and cheese, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, mushrooms, did not make it into our box. We were expecting to eat our sides not just the steak.
- My wife and I live in Indiana.IndyDateDined on 4/24/2013My wife and I live in Indiana. We always visit Charley's when in Orlando. The steak is second to none and the seafood is the same. Cannot say enough about this place besides it is tops!Special Features:
- The food from start to finishjasonDined on 4/19/2013The food from start to finish was amazing. The server was very knowledgeable and helped us pick the perfect appetizer and steaks. All and all well worth the money and I do plan on returning.Special Features:
- The steaks were done to perfection,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2013The steaks were done to perfection, and the wait staff were friendly and efficient. 2 people in our party opted to have Salmon rather than steak, and they said the salmon was wonderful as well. It was a very good experience!Special Features:
- Melt in your mouth steaksJeniJenDined on 4/18/2013The steaks melt in your mouth. Sat in the high top bar area because they wouldn't seat us until our 9:30 reservation time since we arrived at 9:10pm. Was a little annoying since the restaurant looked empty.The amazing food was well worth the uncomfortable seating!We couldn't wait for the reservation time because after being at an all day conference and skipping lunch, we were starving!Charley's is better than Capital Grille, Flemings, Ruths Chris and Morton's put together. The steak was made with love.Special Features:
- whe they present you withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013whe they present you with the steaks you know you are in a steak hous. Nice big steaks, lots of choice and cooked to your whishes. Their 2 cheese bread needs mentioning, problably nod good for your arteries but very good.Special Features:
- We had a group of 13. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013We had a group of 13. Food & Service was excellant. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I increased my original reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013I increased my original reservation from 12 to 20 with no problem. The transportation provided was excellent.Special Features:
- My husband was not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013My husband was not impressed with his steak. My seafood was tasty.best crabcakes.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The food and service was great as usual! I wish we had a Charley's where I live!Special Features:
- Best steak.marksterDined on 4/12/2013Best steak I've ever had, coupled with a great ambiance and good service. Definitely plan to be back. I ordered the Wagyu ribeye ($70) but it was plenty large to split between two people (24oz), making it a somewhat more reasonable $35/person. Charley's actually encourages splitting main courses and sides (the portion sizes are enormous), rather than punishing you with fees for doing so. Although I'm usually suspicious of "expensive steak" places, Charley's is truly outstanding and I plan to be back.Special Features:
- Same as I remember 4 & 8 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2013Same as I remember 4 & 8 years ago. Quality of food and service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding all around I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Outstanding all around I've never had a better experience at any restaurant it was perfectSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We reserved for a party of eleven and overall were very disappointed with service and quality of food. Steaks were not cooked to order .. Two requested very well done filets were presented medium rare and were sent back.. They were returned without apology.. We ordered a second bottle of wine whic was poured on to a glass which still contained wine from first bottle. This was pointed out to our waiter At the time. We would have expected to have been offered the opportunity to taste it first .. The salads looked tired . What was to be a special family occasion was marred with mediocre food and lacking serviceSpecial Features:
- Good food but no kids menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Good food but no kids menu which was disappointing.Special Features:
- Better than Ruths & Mortons Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Excellent all around! The ambiance with the wood fire and the old world chop house feel was a great way to be greeted to a 'chain' that I had never been to before. The steaks were no exception. The way Charley's differentiated themselves with the wood/smoked fire cooking of my 30 oz. bone in rib eye was outstanding. I'd go there again over Ruths or Morts any day!Special Features:
- Great steak and appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2013Great steak and appetizers - sides were good but lesser than the previous - outstanding service. Would highly recommend to steak lovers.Special Features:
- Best steak in North America!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Charley's steak house is one of the best 2 steak houses I've ever eaten at...and the other is in Spain, so it clearly takes the gold medal in North America at the very least. The service, the atmosphere, and the food were all absolutely unbelievable. The English language wasnt prepared for Charley's because I simply have no words for how great it is. Go there...now.Special Features:
- Always great. Have been toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2013Always great. Have been to Charley's several times and it is always fantastic. Our server, Glen, was top notch. We will be back next time we are in Orlando!!Special Features:
- Worth your whileOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013Great overall. 1st time visit, won't be my last. Steaks were made to perfection and the service was very good and respectful (not hovering over you every 2 mins asking is everything OK). If you like wine, there wine list is very robust and expansive. Great choiceSpecial Features:
- Was very cold when we firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Was very cold when we first sat down. The wait staff found us a warmer table. It was a very delicious meal. I would go again. Service was excellent, as was the food.Special Features:
- Our family loves Charley'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Our family loves Charley's and goes there every time we are in Orlando. The BEST steak any where!Special Features:
- The food was great. Chaley'sOliWVIPDined on 3/25/2013The food was great. Chaley's steaks are excellent. Perfectly cooked. But for some reason, when they seated us, they put us all the way in the back beside a drafty emergency exit door. They did move us, when I asked--but it seemed like a silly place to put 4 people when the main dining room wasn't full and the auxillary dining room was available. It felt like they were puting us in a closet. After they moved us the service was good and the food was great.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2013Excellent food and service, which is great for a tourist area. Some restaurants in tourist areas lack in both food and service because repeat business is not a concern. This is not true for Charley's Steakhouse. Everything was wonderful and when we visit the area again we will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- I have brought my team hereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I have brought my team here for our annual trip to Orlando. This year was a brand new team. There were 19 of us, I was the only one that had been to Charley's before. They were blown away (That was the plan) This was a group from Asia, great steak is not typical for them. They all loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks- the ONLYOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Excellent steaks- the ONLY place I even look at ordering steak when we go out to eat. Always a reason to go to Orlando.Special Features:
- J Stewart, ILOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013My husband, son and I went to Charley's for our anniversary dinner while we were out of town. This is the second time we have been there and both experiences were outstanding. The service was terrific and the filet, bison and sides were the best we have had. If you get a dessert, they are sized for sharing; the Carrot Cake and Key Lime pie were very good. It is pricey but worth the money! Thanks for a great night.Special Features: