Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
2901 Parkway Boulevard
Kissimmee, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4072391270
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL
Charley's Steak House is owned by the Woodsby family and has operated in Florida since 1974. Charley’s serves only three-year-old USDA prime and choice Angus steers, aging them four to six weeks for tenderness & flavor and hand-cutting the steaks daily to ensure consistent quality. The steaks are then flame-broiled over Florida citrus and oak wood in a custom-built pit at 1200º searing in the tantalizing taste that has made Charley’s the #1 steakhouse in America every year since 2007! Charley’s philosophy of providing only the finest extends from the kitchen to the wine cellar. The wine list approaches 500 selections from scores of exceptional wineries around the globe. Charley’s has been recognized with numerous awards including “Best of Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator magazine, DiRōNA and Orlando Magazine’s“ Best Steak House & Best Old Favorite”. Charley’s has been creating fans from around the world for nearly 40 years. We look forward to having you become a fan soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL - Best Restaurants in Celebration ›
Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grille - Kissimmee, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (45)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- tried this restaurant becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013tried this restaurant because it was close to where we were staying. I used open table for the 2nd & 3rd visit
- Great steak...Bad smellOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013The bar was great with great drinks. The service was great too. I noticed the wood plank floor in the bar was buckled as if it had been wet. When we were seated in the diningroom area behind the bar area it had a strong musty smell. Sorry we didn't get up and leave then. We, 2 couples, had a good time talking and no one mentioned it until we were outside. I would go back but only if assured these issues had been resolved. Too bad...nice place.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Extremely salty seasoning and sear has medium steak coming out looking burnt. Large cut steak does not make up for poorly cooked. Restaurant interior looks dated. Would not go back.
- Dinner was very good. TheJawilliaVIPDined on 3/8/2013Dinner was very good. The steaks were excellent, though a bit pricy. We waited a very long time for our meal despite being the first diners in the restaurant. They did comp us dessert when I mentioned it, but not sure they would have offered if I hadn't said anything.
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013Steaks were delicious! They are cooked over a wood bbq and have a very distinctive flavor that you just don't find at other steak houses. We had surf and turf. Lobster tail was OK, not great. I would highly recommend the steaks!Special Features:
- Over-rated and disappointingAuroraDinerVIPDined on 3/5/2013I've seen Charlie's written up on the list of Top Steakhouses in airline magazines, so I was looking forward to trying it. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The food was marginal at best and the service wasn't on par with the truly high end steakhouses. I honestly cannot rate Charlies any better than your local Outback or Lone Star steakhouse chain. And it goes to show that you cannot trust the listings of Top Steakhouses because they are clearly paid advertisements.
- This was near our condo atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013This was near our condo at Vacation Village so we tried it. It was great. It was so good we ate there again on Friday when my sisters got here. They asked if I minded eating here again. I said no because it was great. I had swordfish the first time & seafood this time.Special Features:
- It was a great dinning experience,oOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013It was a great dinning experience,our server Kelly was awesome!!!!!!Special Features:
- Better off going to Vito'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013We went to Charley's having heard it was one of the better restaurants in the Orlando area. While the waitstaff was friendly, and could be seen bussling around, we couldn't quite figure out exactly what they were so busy doing. Drinks were only refilled upon request after we'd been sitting with empty glasses for 10+ minutes. Several of the meat entrees ordered for our party of six were not prepped as asked i.e. a pork supposed to be cooked medium had essentially no pink in the middle and a bison supposed to be cooked medium was medium-rare at best. Another issue was the staff couldn't quite figure out what they were & weren't out of i.e. when someone ordered salmon, we were told they were out & then found out otherwise - same w/ some others
- We drive over two and a halfmarciaDined on 3/1/2013We drive over two and a half hours to eat at Charley's. Their lobster bisque, as well as their crab cakes are the best by far. We have eaten these same items at many other restaurants and they just can't compare...never tasted anything that good ever!! My sons favorite is the ribeye steak. Great oaky flavor. Wish we had one closer to home!Special Features:
- I was disappointed in my filetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013I was disappointed in my filet mignon, it was not lean and I cut a portion off as it was all fat. AI am used to being able to consume the entire filet as it normally all meat and is tasty, for the price I paid I expected more in my steak.
- expensive for what one gets;OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2013expensive for what one gets; two of the three meals were not cooked as ordered and when one was re cooked the sides were cold by the time the steak arrived and the other two guests had finished eating. In fairness ,however,we were not charged for one of the meals. Server did not seem to know what chives were although he was very pleasant and made every effort to be attentive. We have had better steaks elsewhere for significantly less.
- Go hungry because the portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Go hungry because the portions are quite large. You definitely get enough to eat. If you're planning on dessert, you better order that first because you just won't have room for it after your meal. I love the presentation of the various meat cuts available--you know ahead of time what your actually ordering. The filet mignon just melts in your mouth. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The highlight of our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013The highlight of our meal was our server. He was prompt, informative, funny and excellent. Charley's has good steaks, but the service was even better.Special Features:
- Service was below par forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Service was below par for that quality of a restaurant. Steak came out cold. Had to send it back to warm. Have eaten there before with a better experience.Special Features:
- my mom and I just love thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2013my mom and I just love this restaurant. We go every time we're in town!!Special Features:
- The food and service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/18/2013The food and service was excellent - don't be fooled by the rather tacky exterior. The interior is a classic steak house!Special Features:
- Excellent food, poor serviceFamJustiGarDined on 2/17/2013I went with my husband to celebrate our 6th Wedding Anniversary. The food was excellent, there's no doubt about it! But service was not good at all. From were I was sitting I had the chance to see and hear employees complaining about how horrible that night was and three of them cursed while in front of other customers (including us). Even when we had a reservation we had to wait about 35 minutes to be seated. Then almost another 25 minutes to be greeted by the server. I had to call another server a couple of times to get me some water. At one point I drank my husband's water, because I had none!!! Also, make sure that they don't seat you in front of the "Wine Wall", they will interrupt your meal to open the doors and get their wine!!!Special Features:
- Overpriced but busy.viviVIPDined on 2/17/2013We enjoyed dining here and it was quite busy. I just didn't get why the pricing was so high. This restaurant is not in Celebration but in the plaza across from the entrance on 192. It seems like the place to dine on an expense account, but equally good dining is available at much more reasonable pricing.
- Great food disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013Great food, slow service,took forever to get food and my steak came out room temp. Asked waitress to reheat it and she tried to play it off as if it was due too the cold temp at which the steak was stored. Disappointing she didn't just accept the fact that the steak had been sitting amd apologize and move on. Also said they "needed to do something to make up for that" but seemed to forget that promise. Also had to ask to have our water refilled multiple times
- Had 7:15 reservation, didn'tFoodloverVIPDined on 2/16/2013Had 7:15 reservation, didn't get a tabel until 7:45. Server didn't come until 8:00. Food was cold (when we finally got it at about 8:50). Won't go back. Will tell everyone I know not to go to any Charley's Steak House or any restaurant owned by "Talk of the Town" restaurant group. Over priced, poor value. Don't go.
- Piper's Valentine's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/20131. We got there 1 hour early. They gave us a buzzer and said they would try to seat us earlier (Great). Then when our reservation time came up others that had arrived after us got seated before us. When we checked with the hostess she went to check us in as if we had just arrived, our original ticket was under a menu (LOST). 2. Charley's "STEAKHOUSE"....The best part of the meal was the salad and bread. The STEAKS were cooked fine, but had NO FLAVOR. So much for "STEAKHOUSE"! 3. The floor manager stopped by every table in our area except ours. 4. Our beverage glasses became empty on more than 1 occassion.
- Ask for ShawnOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2013While I prefer Mortons, Charley's was a nice surprise as I went based on the recommendations of friends and tourists to the local area. Shawn is an excellent server. He knew the options well and was able to guide and make recommendations like a pro. Be sure to ask for Shawn as your server and you won't be disappointed in his tact, knowledge, pairings of food and wine as well as which steaks and seafood are the best choices for the evening. If you can, save room for the dessert presentation - in fact, the entire evening is a presentation.Special Features:
- Our server Jessie was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013Our server Jessie was amazing. So professional, knowledgable and helpful in every way. A person of her caliber should be promoted beyond server. Actually, she presents the brand well enough to be considered for training as a Manager in the near future.Special Features:
- We had 8 in our party. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013We had 8 in our party. The service was good, but casual for high end. Food was very good. Everyone was pleased. My only regret was leaving the leftovers in the hotel. There must have been a happy maid. I would go again or refer others.Special Features:
- This is how Steak house should be!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013The way a Steak house should be. If you want to show your customers your appriciation, take them to Charley's Steak House and Seafood Grill in Kissimmee.Special Features:
- The food was Luke warm whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013The food was Luke warm when it finally arrived but the manage did apologize and took a percentage of the bill. The waiter Orlando was very attentive and again also apologized for the food not being hot.
- Food was mediocre for a highOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Food was mediocre for a high end steak house. Service was good. May or not come back. Not really impressed.
- our experience was comparableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013our experience was comparable to Ruth's Chris. I think your site was a step above r/c. Very enjoyable. Thanks for your gift cert. dwSpecial Features:
- Usual excellent dinner andbruceDined on 1/26/2013Usual excellent dinner and service! We are New Yorkers and make sure we visit Charley's each time we come to the Orlando area.