FishBones - Lake Mary
7005 County Road 46A
Lake Mary, FL 32746Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
FishBones - Lake Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://talkofthetownrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4075850470
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Saturday 4:30-6:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Michael
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have three dining areas inside that can accommodate groups from 14 to 100. We also have an outdoor patio that can be used for groups from 20 to 150.
- Private Party Contact: Group Dining 4075813236
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday through Saturday on our patio
A word from FishBones - Lake Mary
With a menu as unique as its name, FishBones offers the freshest just-caught seafood, aged steaks and prime rib. Cutting-edge sushi and fresh oysters round out the menu at this “local favorite” restaurant. FishBones’ gourmet cuisine is prepared on a custom-built pit over a Florida citrus and oak wood burning fire at 1200º searing in the fabulous flavors. FishBones is listed as one of America's Top Ten Seafood Restaurants and Orlando Magazine has crowned FishBones with the titles of “Best Restaurant”,“ Best Seafood”, “Best Outdoor Dining” and “Best Place for Cocktails”. Experienced, friendly service in a Key West inspired atmosphere creates a comfortable setting for any dining event. An impressive wine list compliments the seafood and steak making FishBones the ultimate dining experience. We look forward to amazing you very soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FishBones - Lake Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (57)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (39)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Pricey, beware of the wine vintage.WinedineDined on 5/15/2014Ordered a bottle of '09 cab and the waiter came to the table with an '11. Food in general was ok but not worth the value. Salad was taking a bath in the dressing, prime rib was excessively fatty. Real loud happy hour crowd pretty obnoxious to diners especially when you're spending a lot more than they are. lol
- Always a Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Fish Bones provides the total dining experience. The servers were attentive even late on Mother's Day. The food was served promptly and the portions were hearty. Most of our party took home part of the meal.Special Features:
- Terrible nightLetdownDined on 5/11/2014Service was soooo slow and the kitchen was out of everything, they even ran out of iced tea! Didn't explain to us until way after we ordered. Then tried to pass off two small pieces of mahi as the $28 mahi entree. Even the server asked if I had the mixed grill. I was then told it was the last piece! Honestly it would have been better if they were out of it all together. Salads and apps took about 45-60 minutes to get to the table. We had to ask twice for the wine we ordered and no lemons or cocktail forks were brought with the oysters. It was just a complete mess. Managers did save the day though. I just wish it was done right in the first place.Special Features:
- Great NightJohnDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I had dinner again at Fishbones in Lake Mary for Mothers Day and were extremely pleased with the timely seating, exceptional service, and delicious food...again Well done.Special Features:
- Mother's day disappointmentWVfamilyDined on 5/11/2014This was only our second time to FishBones. The first time was spectacular. The appetizers were outstanding (escargot and crab cakes) and our waiter was okay at making sure our drinks were topped off up until the entrees came out, then we never saw him again. While ordering he seemed like he was in a hurry to just get our choices and get out of there, not recommending or explaining options like we hear the other staff doing. He didn't even ask my wife what kind of potato she wanted for her filet, he was just going to bring mashed while for my ribeye he asked me my choice of side... My wife's comment while there "I hope this was free (referring to the promo they were running) because this was the worst filet I've ever had."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day SurprisePhillipVIPDined on 5/11/2014My mother and I visited Fishbones for Mother's Day and was blown away!! Melinda and Zach were our servers and what knowledge they had! Both were very polite and courteous, and made sure that my mom had the best dinner! Thank you Melinda for your warm welcome knowing it was my mothers first time at Fishbones, we will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dayFBfansDined on 5/11/2014Our family had a special mothers day. Food was awesome. We appreciated the kids menu. Service was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Happy Mothers Day!jodaDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful day with all of the mom's. It is our go to restaurant for all occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsRudyDined on 5/10/2014Fish Bones was awesome! We received the best quality of service along with fresh tasting seafood. Must try their calamari by far the freshest calamari I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalTable4FourPleaseDined on 5/9/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday with out of town guests and friends. Service was friendly, professional and efficent! Our server, Alex, was exceptional! Overall, the food was delicious, service exceptional, and atmosphere comfortable. A good experience for everyone in our party!Special Features:
- Always a winner in Lake Mary!!WPfanDined on 5/9/2014Fishbones is outstanding. We are always treated so warmly by the servers and management. The food is superior and management trains the staff well. Fresh food, wide variety and options, lovely setting in various dining rooms. Excellent for a leisurely, romantic full dinner or those who wish to cozy up to the bar and enjoy sushi or some fresh oysters. Amazing fish and seafood, and even aged steaks. Yumm!!Special Features:
- Bad food, very high pricesJimmyhowforeverDined on 5/6/2014We were looking forward to a nice evening with fresh fish, but got othing of that. The fish on the menu was not fresh tasting and seemed highly coated with oils and grease. The dining room looked like it had never been dusted (especially the chandaliers which were caked with dust) and the carpeting was frayed. One member of my group even stated he thought Red Lobster would have had better food. The prices at this place are extremely high as well. I would not be able to reccomend this place to anyone which is most unfortunate.
- Fishbones Is ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2014I've relied on Fishbones for business dinners for years and they never let me down! The bar is outstanding with a great selection, the service is "top shelf" and the quality of the food is excellent. You can't miss with Fishbones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...as always!AntoneDined on 4/30/2014Never fails me for taking visiting family and friends.Special Features:
- On pointYANBDined on 4/29/2014As usual, my experience at FishBones - Lake Mary was top notch. The service and food were excellent! My dinner partner and I had a surf and turf special which was comprised of a nice sized portion of filet mignon and one stuffed shrimp. 2 or 3 more stuffed shrimp would have been nice as part of the special, but it was still a good deal for the price. I would definitely recommend and hope to return again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Choice of Itemsglc11VIPDined on 4/28/2014Very extensive menu with seafood to steak choices. Service was excellent with wait staff knowledgeable on wine offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...CamiVIPDined on 4/27/2014High prices for less than what Fishbones used to be...service not as professional as it once was (although polite, our waiter disappeared and didn't check back with us after ordering, no follow up wine pours, water checks, bread came with food, couldn't suggest a good sushi alternative for what was on menu, etc)...food poorly plated (stuffed shrimp/scallops looked like a sloppy mess, although tasty)..manager did come around and drop off a tuna tartare amuse bouche thanks to making reservation on open table and was a pleasant opener, but we have been going to Fishbones since it opened and definitely noticed a decline everywhere except price.
- FantasticustmeDined on 4/25/2014Great as always!!!!! Food and service was fantastic!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningBethDined on 4/25/2014We went here to celebrate my husband's birthday and, boy, was it great! The food was the best it's been and the portions were huge! He had lobster and I had the steak/shrimp special. The service was flawless and paced just right. But the food was just exquisite! Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing!Foodie12Dined on 4/22/2014It was my first time going and it was fantastic. Curtis was our server and he made us feel like he was one of our friends he was always on top of everything we needed and he made our experience the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour FavoriteTime2dineDined on 4/20/2014This is a great place for happy hour. We are definitely Sushi advocates and their menu has a variety of goodies to choose from! We chose to dine for Easter and were disappointed that they no longer had the Brunch Seafood Bar. Menu items were available along with a Pre-Fix menu. We will check ahead for menu options before dining on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!MomaDined on 4/19/2014We try to come to Fishbones at least once a month as it is a special treat for us and our friends. The food is always very good and this time we tried the new fruit drinks which were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special outingGRTDINEXPDined on 4/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fine dining experience at Fishbones recently. The food was superb and the service outstanding. I can heartily recommend it for any special occasion or just for an evening out.Special Features:
- On our favorites list - at the topKazooGuyVIPDined on 4/15/2014We've had two dinners with clients at FishBones in the past month - the first by accident when we discovered the restaurant, and the second planned. Both were flawlessly carried out by the staff and kitchen, and both struck a great balance between too casual and too formal. Mature hosts and server did not miss a thing, but did not expect to join your party and chat. Cocktails, wine list, and food all shone. We look forward to future evenings at FishBones.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014My husband and I had dinner at Fishbones in Lake Mary for my birthday. The food was wonderful, the service however almost outshined the food itself. Our waiter was great and did everything he could to make it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishBonesBestVIPDined on 4/13/2014We have visited before and really enjoyed so went out of our way to go again. Unfortunately not the same results. Overall food and service were fine but when we received the bill felt like we had been taken advantage of. My spouse ordered two cocktails but asked they be made without liquor because she was driving. They charged us the full price ($9.00each) even though there was no liquor. House salad and potatoes were include with my entrée and the waiter said I could upgrade to a different salad which I did and the bill included full price for the upgraded salad ($10.95). The waiter offered the potato selection of baked, fries or blue cheese mashed. I choose the blue cheese mashed and when I received the bill it was $2.50 extra.
- What a Wonderful SurpriseHarrietVIPDined on 4/13/2014We had a fantastic experience. From the time we walked in, until we left, everything was exceptional. Zach, our server, did an outstanding job of explaining the menu, making suggestions and did it all with a sense of humor. My husband had the scallops and shrimp and I had the triggerfish. From first bite until the last was the best we've had in years. We live about four hours away and I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Fantastic service and they really care about their customers! Excellent food! To receive sushi on our 25th wedding anniversary made our night even more special! So nice of them to do! Definitely, my favorite restaurant! Our server Crystal was amazing! Of all the visits we have made to fishbones, this was by far the most enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellentTeteDined on 4/11/2014The food and service was excellent when we went on March 28th. We went back on April 11th and there was a big difference in the food. We brought in a large party and there was no comparison with the food. Even the salad left much to be desired. I'm not sure WHAT happened but the first night everything was exceptionally delicious.Special Features:
- Food was good. Everyone atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Food was good. Everyone at our table ordered fish and enjoyed it. One person ordered a steak cooked medium and it was raw, had to be sent back. The second time around was perfect, and enjoyed! We all commented on the vegetables being too firm.Special Features:
- Special Birthday CelebrationPeterVIPDined on 4/7/2014We have been going to Fish Bones since 1995 when they opened the first one by I Drive. The Lake Mary Restaurant is now closer to our current home, and one if not our favorite. Our meal was perfect and the celebration was memorable and as usual they deliver what they promise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jay was an attentive, intelligentNickZen9Dined on 4/6/2014Jay was an attentive, intelligent server. The food was terrific. Pricing was a bit high on all items. There is a nice ambience to the place and the seating arrangement gave each dining group sufficient space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversarymamaroskiDined on 4/5/2014We had a wonderful dinner for our 39th anniversary. We started out on the patio for drinks and an appetizer. The Ginger pear martini was delicious and the bang bang shrimp was some of the best I ever ate. Our steaks were like butter and practically melted in your mouth. All I all it was a very memorable evening. Also, our waiter was a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMrsMDined on 4/5/2014The staff really did a lot to make our anniversary dinner special. The prime rib was delicious, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Had dinner there for my husband's birthday, where service with Reilly was impeccable and everything arrived made to perfection. We love the amuse served as a special touch, and servers are always ready with suggestions. Great go-to for our special occasions...and when we're just craving a really great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayluveditDined on 4/5/2014I was looking for something different for my birthday and one of the girls at work recommended this place. We had a superb experiance, food was awsome, we went to the Lake Mary location. The best part of the experience was the service, service was immaculate! It was our first time and our server navigated around the menu like a GPS system, he knew everything and the menu has a large selection. The manager walked over a couple times to check on us and the prices were reasonable! It was a Wonderful birthday gift and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner SpotDineOutVIPDined on 4/3/2014If you're looking for something different to do after work, Fishbones is a nice change. Whether you're interested in drinks for happy hour, fresh sushi, or a full course meal, this location fits the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A group of 4 of us went forShelaghDined on 4/3/2014A group of 4 of us went for dinner. We tried sitting in the bar area to take advantage of the Happy hour specials but it was crowded and extremely loud. Only table left was near the band. We chose to dine inside where we had a nice table in a quiet area. Service was great and prompt. All the appetizers and fish entrees we had were good, especially the calamari. The only complaint at the table was my husband's steak was a little over cooked, otherwise he was pleased with the quality of the filet. We will definitely return because there are more items on the menu to try. They are bit on the pricey side for a quick meal after work, but is a nice restaurant for a quality meal with friends, a date or just to be away from the rush of life.Special Features:
- Server needs wine lessonsJeanneVIPDined on 4/1/2014Server needed a tad more elegance. Opened a nice bottle of red and filled my goblet up half way! That was a big no no!Special Features:
- A Pleasurable EveningjodaDined on 3/29/2014We love taking friends and family to FishBones. They are always very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.