12551 State Road 535
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnieshideaway.com/
- Phone: 4078271111x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenny James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Johnnie's Hideaway
Johnnie’s Hideaway is a local and tourist favorite adjacent to Downtown Disney in the Crossroads Shopping Center, Lake Buena Vista. Johnnie’s Hideaway features USDA Prime & Choice steaks, dry aged on premises and fresh fish hand-cut daily, simply prepared with emphasis towards old Florida & Floribbean cuisine. A fabulous raw bar rounds out the menu with the emphasis on fresh, fresh, fresh while being nostalgically cutting edge. Johnnie’s is a great place for business meetings, special occasions or casual dining with friends. You may want to join us lakeside at the Hideaway Tiki Deck for cocktails and outdoor dining. Johnnie’s is proud of their many awards including Orlando Magazine’s “Best Service”, “Best Outdoor Dining” & “Best Late Night Dining”, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the prestigious DiRōNA Award. At Johnnie’s we pride ourselves in chef inspired cuisine, superior customer service and the promise to exceed all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Johnnie's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (41)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (39)good for groups (33)scenic view (28)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (16)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good foodHyattDined on 5/3/2014Food was good and service was great. Have been there 2 other times. I do remember the food being better. But still greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service-Great/Food-Not so muchEatlikeaKingDined on 5/3/2014The service here was some of the best I've ever had which is good becuase the steak was one of the worse. I really expected a much more tasty piece of meat for such a high end restaurant. I honestly would not have been able to eat it if they did not have steak sauce to give it more flavor. Stay away from the 12oz filet medium.Special Features:
- Great find!reberDined on 5/2/2014Great find while in Orlando. A little expensive for families, but a perfect spot for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience has declinedDiscerningDinerDined on 5/2/2014Johnnie's use to be one my favorite places to go for a special occaision, but that is no longer the case. My last two visits have been very average, and that is not acceptable for the high end dining experience that Johnnie's is aiming for. My last two steaks were not even as good as what I would expect from Outback, the salads at Johnnie's are perfectly skippable, and this last time the service was very poor (couldn't easily get a refill on the water, and our waitress all but ignored us). The one saving grace is their Stone Crab Bisque, which continues to be one of the best soups money can buy. If and when I do go back to Johnnie's, it will only be to have some more of that delicious bisque, and I'll skip the rest.
- wineguywineguyDined on 5/1/2014All 8 of us had a very enjoyable dinner and come back if we visit Orlando againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnnie's HideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2014Went to dinner with my boyfriend and my mother..... we made reservations and still had to wait to be seated, while waiting we were seated outside where we were drowning in cigar smoke because of the other guest right next to us, ugh.... then the food was made with no effort, there were little bugs on the tables around the silverware... half way through dinner, the lights in the restuarant flicker and shut off completely, then come back on.... this place is falling apart!!! .... I would NOT recommend this place to anyone!
- coreyandnicoleDined on 4/27/2014Love this place!! Great food! Their Madagascar shrimp dish is amazing!! The prawns are huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeithDDined on 4/26/2014The food and surroundings was everything we hoped for. Our server was very nice but not timely at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restuarant off the highwayNorahsDined on 4/26/2014My friend spotted Johnnie's as we were headed back from a day out. We booked an online reservations. Once there we found the staff to be friendly. We started on the outdoor patio which was perfect for 4 women who were tired of the Midwestern winters. Our server was outgoing and very knowledgeable of the menu and made excellent recommendations (we had a variety of different type of oysters - delicious happy hour specials). We had dinner inside - steak and pork chops cooked to perfection! I would recommend Johnnie's Hideaway to anyone visiting Orlando or living in Orlando. Although it said casual attire we got a little dressy (it was our last night on the town) we didn't stand out, nor did we feel overdressed. Thank you Johnnie's.Special Features:
- Anniversary Night27yearsandcountingDined on 4/25/2014Johnny's Hideaway always has great food, service is dependable and well worth the trip and price. My wife and I drove about an hour to get to Johnny's! You will be glad you came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointingBromleyBoyDined on 4/23/2014. I was entertaining clients and made a reservation for 6.30. We arrived on time and was shown to our table. Our server was Missy we decided on the following. 1 Oyster array, 1 Crispy Calamari, 1 Fried oysters and 1 Macadamia Shrimp all starters and with the exception of the fried oysters, passable. The fried oysters were swamped by fries you may as well had an oyster and a bag of fries! The server was like a headless chicken. we had 2 x Stuffed lobster tails 1 sea Bass and 1 filet minion. The lobster tails were supposedly stuffed with scallops. They were over cooked to the point of being almost rubbery and the stuffing resembled breadcrumbs. Seemed like they were cooked and left standing under the warming lamps for too long.
- WONDERFUL PLACE TO EATIRENEDined on 4/23/2014THE FOOD WAS SUPERB, THE DRINKS WERE AMAZING AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDINGSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceRockDenverDined on 4/16/2014I had a group of 10 from out of town and thoroghly enjoyed Johnnies. My guests were very pleased and the service was engaging and excellent. The food and atmosphere was top shelf. A bit on the expensive side but for a business group it was spot on.Special Features:
- My favorite place in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2014Great place with fresh steaks and seafood. Visit here every time when in Orlando. Excellent sides as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodClareDined on 4/14/2014Food was excellent. Delivered on time and service was very prompt.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/20144 diners, 3 fo us enjoyed our food. One said it was tasteless. He had Fillet MignonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there eight timesZayakmanDined on 4/13/2014We 'discovered' Johnnie's Hideaway while doing a trade show in Orlando in 2013. We went there five nights in a row! We were so taken by the design, the service, the food and Dory the Manager. Together, they create a dining experience you just don't find elsewhere. We live two hours away, and look for any excuse to get back to Johnnie's.Special Features:
- Excellent Everything !wasteoftimeDined on 4/12/2014Outstanding food, service and decor. Excellent drinks. The steak and lobster was perfect. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon Hot Spot!TriciaDined on 4/11/2014Great food..wow!! Just great food. Pan roasted scallops were excellent. We were seated right away. Management has great, stopping by our table several times. I would for sure go back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for the First TimeJoeKVIPDined on 4/11/2014We've been going to Johnnie's for a couple of years (maybe 6 or 7 times) and this was the first time we were disappointed by the food quality. I'll spare you the details, but the server and manager (they were on top of the issue and very professional) wanted to make it up and did discount the meal. But we were there for a special occasion and I could have prepared a better and much less expensive meal at home. We will give them another chance in the future. I hope this was an isolated experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I came to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014My husband and I came to this restaurant for our first date in two years, and it was wonderful. We absolutely loved it. The food was amazing, our server was phenomenal, and overall it was just fantastic. Thank you so much for making our night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Orlando for a conventionOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/7/2014Had eaten at Johnnie's Hideaway on previous ocassions to the Orlando area and my wife and I decided to visit again. Unfortunately on this visit we were very disappointed in the overall experience and food. While our waitress was quick to come over and introduce herself and take our drink order, delivery of those drinks and our dinners took exceptionally long periods of time. As a result, our dinners came out late and very lukewarm. Presentation of the meals was below average visually. Several tables close to us had had their complete meals and had left the restaurant prior to us receiving our entrees. Given the plethora of available dining options in the area, my wife and I will be trying out some alternatives in the future.
- Had the Grouper, cooked perfectly,visitingOrlandoDined on 4/6/2014Had the Grouper, cooked perfectly, delicious sauce with crab and mushrooms. Excellent service. A little pricey, but worth it. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making a reservation was pointlessInOrlandoOnBusinessDined on 4/5/2014My co-workers and I made a reservation online, and requested outside/patio dining.The host was rude, no eye contact, and said, "We never know if you Open Table people are going to show up." Our party stood in the entry for 20 mins. and when I told her we requested patio seating. She said, "That's a different hostess, and your wait will start over again." She dropped the menus on the inside table and walked away.Our waitress was poor at best (New?).The two appetizers we ordered arrived at different times.Calamari was ok, lobster fritters were excellent.Entres were horrid in consideration of the enormous price tag.Scallops and shrimp were rubbery.Salad was lacking.We couldn't wait to pay and leave, which wasn't a very quick experience either.Special Features:
- Good food...good serviceSeafoodCriticDined on 4/5/2014The Madagascar Shrimp is outstanding...service from wait staff is very attentive. Restaurant will not honor reservation requests for outside dining.Special Features:
- good foodcharlieDined on 4/5/2014Food was very good. Service not so great. Ordered baked potato and cream spinach Never received it. Server didnt care. Had to tell them to take it off the bill Everything is alacartSpecial Features:
- Awesome happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The happy hour food was awesome. The oysters and tuna nachos were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and atmosphereCubbieDined on 4/4/2014The service was excellent; the food was not so good. The filets had very little flavor and mine had a lot of gristle. Very disappointed as the prices were very high. Our friends took us there as a treat because they had been there about two years ago and loved it. This time, they were apologizing to us.
- Waitress had no clue how to0750turboDined on 4/4/2014Waitress had no clue how to be a waitress which reflects on her training at one of the most expensive places to eat in Orlando. Food was so soSpecial Features:
- Another great experienceDunwoodytoolmanDined on 4/3/2014Service was great, food was great and the manager brought a small appetizer to sample. I've been here many times. Sometimes I've brought groups of ten to fifteen. Each time was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal on a family holidayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014Great meal on a family holiday to Orlando. Steaks were excellent. Overall service 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowLisaDined on 4/2/2014Service was slow. Our food came out at different times a good ten minutes apart.
- Excellent place to dineEAAS68Dined on 3/29/2014I visited them twice on this trip, bot times the service was wonderful and the food could not be better, both seafood and steaks. Bake Florida was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSJgirlDined on 3/29/2014We were visiting & had great experience at Johnnie Hide Away. Great service from both manager and waiter. To apologize for ghe delay, they gave us a comimentary salad. The oyster sampler was fresh. We had poterhouse steak & the quality was great. Too full to try the desserts but saw all of them are huge portion. We will return here next time we visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over bookingChrisDined on 3/28/2014Booked table for 7.45 Not shown to table until after 8 pm despite there being tables available Nowhere to wait other than standing with other angry dinersSpecial Features:
- Food disappointingPegsterDined on 3/28/2014We have been here several times. Really like atmosphere. Last two times food was disappointing. Salad good but my shrimp were overlooked. Service good and staff friendly. May just do appetizers in bar area next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our mouths sing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We loved every bite at Johnnie's Hideaway. The restaurant is tucked away from some of the hustle of Disney, but still close by. The service was surperb and the food could not be better. If you are looking for a relaxing evening out with a creative menu, this is the place for you. The manager made us feel like royalty - even with 2 kids under 10!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner (twice)wrigleyDined on 3/27/2014We often visit our Orlando timeshare and this time looked at some options on Open Table we hadn't tried before. So glad we came to Johnny's! Food, service and our waiters were wonderful. We actually visited twice because we had a hard time deciding what to order the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found you!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Great menu, ambience, service, and decor. Perfect for special celebrations and drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingly tasty fish..pickyeaterDined on 3/26/2014Great help from the wait staff. .. Knowledgable about menu. . Great food. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.