12551 State Road 535
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.johnnieshideaway.com/
- Phone: 4078271111x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kenny James
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Johnnie's Hideaway
Johnnie’s Hideaway is a local and tourist favorite adjacent to Downtown Disney in the Crossroads Shopping Center, Lake Buena Vista. Johnnie’s Hideaway features USDA Prime & Choice steaks, dry aged on premises and fresh fish hand-cut daily, simply prepared with emphasis towards old Florida & Floribbean cuisine. A fabulous raw bar rounds out the menu with the emphasis on fresh, fresh, fresh while being nostalgically cutting edge. Johnnie’s is a great place for business meetings, special occasions or casual dining with friends. You may want to join us lakeside at the Hideaway Tiki Deck for cocktails and outdoor dining. Johnnie’s is proud of their many awards including Orlando Magazine’s “Best Service”, “Best Outdoor Dining” & “Best Late Night Dining”, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the prestigious DiRōNA Award. At Johnnie’s we pride ourselves in chef inspired cuisine, superior customer service and the promise to exceed all your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Johnnie's Hideaway reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (35)notable wine list (34)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (29)scenic view (24)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great foodBritishBusinessDined on 8/6/2014Lovely food and attentive service. Only problem that ruined my dining experience was the unruly children on the next table with parents who seemed unwilling or unable to control their children and unconcerned about the affect on neighboring diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Searching ForDianeWDined on 8/3/2014Tucked away in a shopping center, it can be tricky to find. Joined old friends for dinner here on August 3 and, at first, I thought the place was a bit old, judging by the decor, BUT the service and food made up for the "looks". The seafood was fresh and the side dishes (served family style) were fantastic. I had the scallops (they offer 3 different preparations) and my husband had the salmon. The scallops were sensational. I eat salmon (I'm not really a seafood person) every week, but I wish I had ordered the salmon because it was the best I've ever tasted. Cooked on a cedar plank and covered with a cheesy crust before backing, the meat was tender, flavorable and beautifully cooked. I'd go back here on next trip to Orlando.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We have been to Johnnie's Hideaway several times over the past 3-4 years and it seems that as of late, this establishment has really gone downhill. Our reservations made through Open Table were for 7:30. We arrived shortly before that time and were told that our table was being cleaned off and to wait in the bar. Twenty minutes later, we decided to just eat in the bar area as there were plenty of spots available. Not sure what was going on as the restaurant wasn't at all busy and there were numerous open tables that were already clean. 8:00 on a saturday night and the place was dead. Food is still good, but obviously some staffing issues force me to give Johnnie's less than a favorable review.
- Dissapointed returnStumpy1Dined on 8/1/2014Had been our favourite eatery on our last visit to Orlando & were looking forward to introducing Johnnies to friends who'd travelled with us. made to wait 20 minutes for a table despite having pre-booked online. After being told we were waiting for a party to vacate the table, we were ushered to a room with a dozen empty tables, which remained empty throughout the evening. Service throughout the evening was slow. We assumed that this was due to our remote seating location. Although our server was very helpful, the long wait between ordering drinks and food had us wondering if we had been forgotten. The food on the whole was OK at best (a crab dish was sent back as it was off) but overpriced.Fell very short of our expectations.Special Features:
- one of my local "5"RDM1Dined on 7/30/2014When I am looking for a go to seafood spot or a client wants a great aged steak ( NY strip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTheFoodieGalDined on 7/29/2014We are fans of Charleys and fishbones, so thought this restaurant in the sames group would be a slightly funkier , laid back version. The outside was promising, looked fun even in the rain. Service was ok. Food not great. The crab cocktail started was the laziest plate of food I have ever seen in a restaurant. A martini glass with a large leaf in the bottom with lumps of unseasoned crab on top. On the side a dish of cocktail sauce and an unexplained yellow sauce. That was it! Steak not bad, and garlic mash very tasty. The salad was clearly made earlier in the day and mushy, not edible. Noisy tables surrounded us. Clearly a place to go on big group business trips. Would not return.Special Features:
- Amazing Find in a Busy City!!AmazedDined on 7/27/2014I loved the relax feel of this restaurant. The ambiance, food and service was the best! I completely enjoyed my entire evening and so did my husband! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hideaway!!!FoodieDined on 7/27/2014Amazing experience from start to finish!! Drinks, appetizers, salads, dinner and dessert were all to die for. The service and ambiance could not have been better. We will definitely be back to try more of the menu!Special Features:
- Good Food in a Tourist AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Johnnies is near WDW so there are a lot of tourist, which brings a mixed crowd. Some definitely coming for the food which was delicious, while others were just tourists looking for a decent meal. The combination is odd, since you some folk dressed nice and looking and enjoying a night out with good food. Then there others that looked like they just left the park. Service was good. A little slow in the beginning but I think it was the 7pm rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should stay hidden!MQNorthEndDined on 7/25/2014Tried this place on a whim after finding it on Open Table. Should've stuck to Fleming's or other known steakhouses. Place was really outdated and less than desirable being on the side off highway overlooking Red Lobster. The waitress was lovely, but forgot one of our appetizers. Three of us ordered the petit filet. One tasted like bacon, strange, and the other two were turned. You could even smell the old meat scent. They quickly took the meat away to replace it and I don't think they actually brought filet back. I'm a big meat eater...steak and potatoes kind of girl. I could not stomach this beef. The mashed potatoes were delicious though. Wasn't happy they didn't offer a free drink, dessert or take anything off the bill. Stay away!!!
- A bit over pricedNotagainDined on 7/25/2014We have eaten here before. Cheese bread looked good, taste disappointed us. Salad had a lot of ingredients, lettuce was soggy. Dinner was not hot when it arrived.Special Features:
- Johnnies HideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014When ever we travel to Orlando we make sure to eat at Johnnies Hideaway. Have never been disappointed with the service or food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food from Apps to Dess.AlanhDined on 7/24/2014I have eaten around the world and this is one of the best treats I have had in quite some time. The food was absolutely spectacular! Love this place.Special Features:
- We will be backUkvisitorDined on 7/17/2014Good food and service - liked the salad and bread included with all entrees. Steaks and desserts were massive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Appetizers took too long.. Waitress did not check up on us in a timely manner.. When appetizer finally came they were cold..Special Features:
- Excellent!!LauraDined on 7/12/2014The entire dining experience at Johnnie's is fantastic! Top of the line steaks, fabulously fresh fish and seafood, deserts to save room for. We are definately Johnnie's biggest fans.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointingLuvsteakVIPDined on 7/5/2014First time to eat there. Not up to standards that dinner prices would indicate. Steak was good but not great. Wine list was adequate but not great. Service was adequate, but for fine dining there was no additional table service other than waiter (ie., no bread and water servers). Not a bad meal overall, just not what I expect from a fine steak and seafood establishment.
- UnbelievableDisappointedDined on 7/5/2014We had eaten in Johnnie's several years ago & enjoyed the food. This evening it was just terrible.
- Highly recommended! Kids friendly!!OrugaDined on 7/3/2014This is our fifth time and it gets better and better!! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The service was great, food great, and very friendly. The resturant ranks above Disney resturants . Every time I am in town I eat at Johnneys and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014we received incredibly poor service at johnnies hideaway, it was our first time dining here and we will not be returning. service was very poor and our waitress disappeared for the majority of our meal. the wine was very expensive and overpriced, it took members of our party around 15 mins to choose a bottle of wine based on the excessive price. main meals were bland and overpriced. there was 7 members dining in our party who were all extremely disappointed with all our meals. we are very willing to pay good money for good food - this was not good food. one member received a cold meal, the duty manager did attempt to rectify this problem by bringing a new meal, however when this meal arrived the fish was totally raw.Special Features:
- RufusRWhiteDined on 6/28/2014Great food. Good service. Too many kids for an upscale restaurant but i guess thats what you get in a resort area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice placeEricaBDined on 6/28/2014Only 2 SLIGHT issues, the table wasn't stable so it rocked every time we moved our arms and they don't serve sweet tea. Server was AWESOME! food was AWESOME! Somewhat pricey but not over priced, nice portions worth every dollar!Special Features:
- overpricedHungryDocDined on 6/27/2014Restaurant came highly recommended by our concierge for seafood; however, we found the crab legs and fish lacking in flavor. The oysters and steak were a good choice. Wine list OK, although not much selection of wines by the glass. Ambiance and decor were nice and raised our expectations for an outstanding meal. The service was also excellent. Unfortunately the food did not live up to its price tag. We went as a large party with three families. I think this restaurant may be better for business meetings.
- The following 398 reviews are from the Johnnie's Hideaway reviews archive.
- A great findiBiteLiteVIPDined on 6/21/2014What a great place the food was excellent and I found the price to be fair for the quality. I would recommend all the seafood We had calamari and it was some of the best I've ever eaten anywhere.Special Features:
- Chip MartinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Are you kidding it was a joke the waitress was rude , food was not good and they overcharged us ! Will never go back ! The manager gave us a free dessert which they charged us for ( choc cake ) and it was so bad you could not eat it
- Great dinner!OtownNativeDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I have been twice now with our 3 year old. Great food and great service too. My husband said its the best seafood he's ever had. Great steak and pork too. Kids meals are great as well and they get an ice cream sundae for dessert. Must try the pineapple coconut cake for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Averageaddicted2agedmeatVIPDined on 6/20/2014The wine selection by the glass is average but great by the bottle. The restaurant is beautiful. We ordered non-seafood, non-beef items for entrees which were VERY disappointing (chicken and veal). i would only order seafood next time (if we go back). The beef, from previous experience, is wonderful aged beef, but it is broiled and not grilled over a hard-wood fire as it is done in other, sister restaurants. For their beef, go to Charlie's or Texas Cattle Company. The waiter was annoyingly persistent in trying to upsell us.Special Features:
- Use to be our favoriteCosbyVIPDined on 6/19/2014An off night for the service. I chose Johnnie's because of the wonderful food and experience we had last year with my family and decided to go again. On a positive note, they did an excellent job with a Gluten Free requirement one of my guest had - both with plenty of menu options and some custom items they made for her. Service was slow and we always seemed to be asking for stuff we shouldn't (water/drinks within the first 5-10 minutes of being seated, plates to eat the apps and desert items ordered, sugar with the coffee service, etc) Maybe they were short staff to help the servers because it looked like they were over-extended and struggling that evening. I may give them another shot in the event it was an off-night but disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlrizzutoDined on 6/18/2014The food is excellent and the selection is terrific. My wife had the Madagascar Shrimp...they were terrific. I had the veal chop it was OK however we have been here many times an usually everything is exceptional. The server was very friendly and did a great job however there were times that he was not attentive to the table and we had to wait some time to order desert and then had to wait for the check and then had another long wait to get our check back to sign. Overall it is an outstanding restaurant. Since the service is normally always exceptional, he was either new or was extremely busy but we did have a great personality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014It was wonderful it was my sons first time he had the fishermans feast& it was a feast he got to try a variety of seafood & stone crab . I had a king of the bone steak tender & flavorful . The best attentive service by Linda when we return we will certainly request her . She was very knowledgeable on the extensive menu& their winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional PlaceHangoutDined on 6/15/2014Service and the food is always exceptional. Love the decor, want to come back and try the bar out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine dining experienceReadyEddyDined on 6/15/2014The food is excellent, some creative and some straightforward basic but well-executed, the service is consistent and professional without being stuffy, and it's a fun and relaxing/laid back setting. Everyone from the valet to the wait staff are on top of their game, friendly and genuinely interested in your having a nice meal. We enjoyed it immensely.Special Features:
- Nice to Get Away from FranchisesAlabamaGRLDined on 6/13/2014We were on a family vacation in Orlando, doing the Disney World scene. It was my birthday and had visited Johnnie's previously on a business trip. I wanted to go there for my birthday and treated the family since it's expensive compared to other franchise restaurants in the area. We were 4 adults and 4 teenage kids. After a week at theme parks, I was dying for a real food menu that didn't include fish tacos, an assortment of hamburgers, and monster salads. Call me crazy. Of course, don't expect to have dinner less than $50/person (with no alcohol), but if you love seafood and steaks, you'll enjoy Johnnie's. The teenage kids couldn't believe the food. I could eat a dinner just on the sides. My favorite: Fried green tomatoes. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Amazing!!Foodie12Dined on 6/13/2014I went to johnnies for my sisters birthday and I couldn't of been happier. The only thing I was disappointed with was that my family didn't play mini golf after. Our server, hector, was absolutely great!! He kept our glasses full as we'll as our bellies. Justin was also a great help with keeping our tables clean. The whole night was a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty tableIhopethishelpsDined on 6/12/2014In a water glass was ? ashes or grounds of some sort. And under a plate on the table ? bread plate ? was what looked to be the same ? flakes. I was disappointed with this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall ExperienceTampaLizDined on 6/11/2014We were a party of 6, who shared appetizers, sides, and desserts. Everything was wonderful and we enjoyed not only the food, but also the service! I definitely would go back again, and I definitely would recommend it to others!Special Features:
- An Amazing ExperienceamazingDined on 5/31/2014I discovered this place about 5 years ago. I look forward traveling to Orlando just so I can dine at Jonny's Hide Away. They have the best aged steaks bar none. The Madagascar shrimp are the size of my hand, but have a lobster consistency. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MindfulDoDocDined on 5/31/2014We have always had a great meal at Johnnie's Hideaway, however this time we were all very disappointed. Their steaks were good, sea food was excellent and sides plentiful. I would recommend the restaurant still and hope that it was just a fluke because we have had years of good meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAT NIGHT DINNERParttimeFoodyDined on 5/24/2014Dinner was great ! We dined on Sat of Memorial Day weekend, not too busy and had a nice time. Those pesky tourists were a bit annoying but that's to be expected :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.