MoonFish - Orlando
7525 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
MoonFish - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishfusion.com/
- Phone: 4073637262x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
A word from MoonFish - Orlando
One of Orlando's most innovative restaurants, MoonFish serves the “Freshest Seafood from the Oceans of Planet Earth”™ - from the usual to the exotic. In addition to its fish-fusion cuisine, MoonFish offers Prime and Choice mid-western aged steaks cooked over a natural wood-burning pit searing in the flavor. A raw bar with everything from oysters to beef tartar and an intriguing sushi menu, offering only the freshest sushi, sashimi and anything legally raw make this your one stop dining option. The vibrant atmosphere at MoonFish combines modern ingenuity with a blend of Pan-Asian, Cajun, Pacific Rim and Floribbean flare to stimulate your senses. Numerous awards ranging from the prestigious DiRōNA Award, "Best New Restaurant” by the Restaurant and Hospitality Rating Bureau and Wine Spectator Magazine’s Award Of Excellence make MoonFish a dining experience you won’t want to miss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
MoonFish - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)fit for foodies (48)romantic (46)notable wine list (44)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Favorite eatereyLargeBDined on 6/15/2014My favorite restaurant in Orlando and the United StatesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014THE RESTURANT WAS VERY GREAT.MY HUSBAND AND I REALLY ENJOYED IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites in OrlandoTeriroseVIPDined on 6/15/2014MoonFish has something for everyone, from sushi to steaks. The fish selection is extensive. I personally like the Hong Kong sauce, whether it is offered on halibut or Chilean sea bass. My only problem here is that there are so many dishes I want to try, but I can't order them all. Great place for special occasions.Special Features:
- An excellent dining experienceCaldwellElleDined on 6/15/2014Moonfish is our restaurant of choice for special occasions: birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. The quality of food is exceptional and the price is reasonable. In fact, they lowered the price on certain entrees to compete with new restaurants across the street. The restaurant provides a card to diners that can be used for a $25 discount for the next visit. We've used this card several times. Heather was our server for our Father's Day 2014 visit. She is excellent--experienced, attentive, kind. Adam Santorelli, the manager, bends over backward to ensure we are happy. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Could have been betterunhappyDined on 6/14/2014My dinner was good; the only issue was the selection of salads, you only have one kind and for the price of the dinner, we should have had a better selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that goodCbonillaVIPDined on 6/9/2014This was the second time I am in and know I remember why I haven't been back. food was ok and somewhat cold, drinks where not brought to table as ordered. The server Michael however was very knowledgeable, helpful and nice.
- Great food & great service!kapsi711Dined on 6/6/2014We went to Moonfish to celebrate my wife's birthday and had a great time! The food and service was excellent and they even had a birthday surprise for her. We'll definitely be back here in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonfish -- OrlandoGJSanDiegoDined on 6/3/2014Sushi was fresh and the beer was good. Service was slow but the waitress was pleasant. It was hard to hear based on the loud crowd so we had to talk louder than normal. Cost: Averaged $50/person One of our party left his credit card and to his delight, the restaurant had it waiting for him the next day.
- Pearl1947VIPDined on 6/2/2014Our first time there...Joe our server was very helpful with our menu choices and we were not disappointed. Fist time for Trigger Fish and it was awesome. We look forward to a return trip even though Sand Lake Rd is rough going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodPoshDined on 5/31/2014Great food , service and atmosphere . Food is pricey but worth every penny and portion sizes are generous . It's a real shame as the location is central and valet parking is complimentary . The only shame is it should be in a small fishing village in Europe and not in Central Orlando . But for the time you are in the restaurant you feel like you are . Well done we had a great time .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars on Service, Food, Location7SaturdaysVIPDined on 5/31/2014We have never had a bad meal here ever. The fish selections are amazing. We started with Calamari, which was yummy. This time we tried the Triggerfish and it was delicious. It came with Szechuan Green Beans and a salad, fresh cheesy bread too. We split the meal, added an additional side salad and it was more than enough. We couldn't finish it actually, lol. Got a great bottle of wine, cabernet that was a 2011 and a Winners Choice winner for approx $54 for the bottle. Our waiter was so attentive, very friendly. We live in the area, so we eat here often, YUM!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interestingRehanaDined on 5/31/2014Moonfish has a warm and vibrant atmosphere. The food was lovely but the service slow for a 6.30pm reservation. My waiter was polite and charming but seems distracted the night I was there. For a restaurant that offers Asian influenced food I was surprised that they did not have green tea as a choice of beverage. But despite those little hiccups the food was very good and I would bring friends and try the other dishes on the menu. Next time I will try the sushi menu. This time I tried their sea bass and the crab cake with scallops and prawns. It is worth the trip and overall I recommend Moonfish to people who enjoy seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just plain bad .OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014Poor service, over cooked, old fish, check came before dessert did??? Just a shame, it was a huge disapointment
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014We visited here for a meal last week and we were very disappointed. The service was very poor- starter taken away while I was still eating and although my husband's wine glass was topped up, mine never was. The food was only average and was not worth the price. My husband asked for his steak rare and it was medium. Overall we did not enjoy our meal and the ambiance was poor as well.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The only negative was that the steak was too salty. Great piece of meet, cooked perfectly. Just too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 361 reviews are from the MoonFish - Orlando reviews archive.
- Great FindDMinOrlandoDined on 5/24/2014Although I've lived in Orlando for over 18 years and I come to the Sand Lake area on a regular basis, for some reason I had never tried Moon Fish. But I was taking a friend out for her birthday and she wanted to try Moon Fish since she also had never been there. We were pleasantly surprised and I'm sure we'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatDined on 5/21/2014Good Food! My husband & I were visiting Orlando from the northeast for our anniversary& this restaurant was highly recommended by a guest at our hotel.The complimentary valet was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table too close togethertmacDined on 5/21/2014I frequently take business guests to MoonFish for the quality of food and service. There is a continuing problem of not enough room between tables. Constant bumping of chairs with other diners at the table in back of you. Even the servers struggle with the tight space between table and have to 'unpleasantly and unprofessionally' reach over.The food is consistently excellent and service is good but they need to give more room between patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Chappy service. If you want to take someone out for a special occasion my recommendation would be Johnnie's hideaway or Vine next door.
- Fantasticsw92Dined on 5/15/2014If you are looking for great seafood with choices that will make you narrow down from the three or four you want to a single item to order for the evening, Moonfish is your kind of place. Everything was fantastic from the rolls, salad, sushi, seafood dinner, to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food –excellent Service –deplorable4oneandallDined on 5/11/2014The steak, fish and sushi were excellent. Our service was deplorable, she never explained the specials, never went over the wine list and kept saying things like This would be free, if it's free why pay for it, which I found belittling, I listened to the tables around us and she never made any such comment. I'm a single mother of three children and we brought a friend to dinner. We were dressed appropriately and I am more than capable of paying the $450 check we received and Tip appropriately for good service. They ran out of bread and iced tea. It took our server over an hour to put in our dinner order. The to go orders did not recieve their salads. For dessert she asked Do you even want to see the dessert tray. It was disappointing
- First time for everythingbrossDined on 5/11/2014It was my first time dining with MoonFish and I loved it. The service was great and the food was remarkable. My waitress was very patient and was very prompt. The managers were just as attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodSweetsToEatDined on 5/10/2014This was our first time at MoonFish and it was amazing. The good was great, portions were perfect! Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly serviceCarolDDined on 5/8/2014This was our third visit to the restaurant. We originally stumbled across it by chance when visiting a nearby restaurant. The doors were open and from the sound inside, everyone inside seemed to be having a great time. So we decided to give it a go and we're very impressed with the food, service and general ambience. We have recommended it to others and they too have enjoyed it. We'll certainly be back again during our next visit to Orlando. Wish we had you in the UK!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014The food was fantastic. We started with the calamari, and jumbo shrimp. Which seemed to just melt in your mouth. The salad was excellent as well, that came with some bread. We had the swordfish, which was to die for. The manager kept going to all the tables to see how everyone was doing, which was nice he was so involved.
- over ratedAlbertDined on 5/5/2014The service was great at the start, but finished weak... deserts and refills of coffee were slow in coming while appetizer and entree order seemed rushed. Parking in near impossible unless you use the valet, whcih i did. Entree was only warm, not hot.
- ExcellentTracyDined on 5/3/2014Great food, great service, had reservation was seated right away. Waiter came over immediately got us our drinks and the rest of the meal went smoothly as we'll! Would defiantly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and fishLocal5local5local5local5Dined on 5/3/2014Server took 5-8 minutes to get hot butter for Bamboo Steam Crab Box. All else were eating etc. Server forgot to bring a beer ordered. A couple pieces of fish were a bit too fishy tasting, maybe not fresh?I would recommend this to a friend.
- It could have been better.not2pickyVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were disappointed with my wife's entrée. She ordered a medium cooked filet mignon. the first couple of bites were well cooked, until she discovered a very rare center. Sending it back for more fire would have been too disruptive to our romantic birthday celebration. Her east-west potatoes were over salted and burnt. Also, her salad arrived with cheese (restaurant was informed that she is lactose intolerant) and it took a while to get a replacement. Overall, not the special meal we were expecting.Special Features:
- Great food, ask for ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014My wife and I went out to celebrate our birthdays. The seafood was excellent and you server Chris was awesome. Would go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014From greeting to eating it was a fantastic dinner. Very gracious with recognizing our anniversary and our waitress was very knowledgeable about the different fish and made a good suggestion for appetizers. Grill Oyster's were great!Special Features:
- Charlie says "Moonfish"!DragonflyDined on 5/2/2014Great food, great service and great ambience. Would highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- Mary and Shannon are the bestspaceyDined on 4/29/2014moonfish rules!!! the trigger fish was outstanding and the service was unbelievable..the manager and our waitress were awesome..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food. VERY pricey.DerekDined on 4/27/2014No lack of customers here willing to shell out top $$$. Food was 6.5 out of 10 and couple of items that were not as expected based on server description. It's tough to order a special without asking the price and not feel cheap but ask here! Our bill was $520 with tip for 7 of us with 3 kids under 10 yrs. That's not a good value for what we got. On the $135 appetizer, no drawn butter as promised by the server. This is the #1 most expensive item on the menu and yet they can't execute it? Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!LovegoodfoodVIPDined on 4/26/2014What can I say! I'm not from here. Had visited a month ago with my husband and daughter. I loved it so much I went back with some friends when we were in the area. YUM! Moonfish did not disappoint! There is nothing not to love about this restaurant! My friends were also very impressed. Thanks Moonfish! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceSasoomanDined on 4/25/2014The food was great and the chef was able to make changes based on our diet. The Waiter " Anthony" was the best. He was friendly and made our visit so goodSpecial Features:
- Great Date Night!srbaldridgeDined on 4/23/2014My husband and I decided to try out this restaurant after reading multiple positive reviews on Urban Spoon. I must say, the atmosphere was just what we were looking for, romantic and upscale. The food was fresh, well prepared, and absolutely delicious. My husband and I had a wonderful evening, were given enough space to actually talk to each other, and were treated as valued customers. All in all, a perfect date night restaurant. The prices are a little high, or I would eat there every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, salty and showyScottyDined on 4/21/2014Food was over seasoned. Service was slow. Overpriced.
- Easter dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014We had a large group in Orlando and wanted someplace nice for an early dinner with kids. Moonfish was very accommodating, even having a kids menu. Of course ours ordered from the adult menu, which was pricey. The selections were excellent, even describing where the speciality fish were caught and who was ship captain. Some unique fish as well, like trigger fish and barramundi on offer. Everything was well prepared, but you should be prepared for NYC prices! $50 for 6 stone crab claws? Service was attentive, although our server pushed the extra cost options a bit hard. On the plus side they had an extensive wine list and decent prices for many good selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undercook mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Order the bamboo steamer and the lobster was not cooked all the way. The restaurant was not even busy.