Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
2600 34th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 7275273335
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)good for groups (27)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great FoodDRDMRC2Dined on 3/31/2014Love the food and the atmosphere! Great place for couples or groups.Special Features:
- poor birthday steakpatrickDined on 3/31/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and she received a steak that was 40 percent fat. it seems as though they picked out a very cheap free birthday steak rather than a premium cut to impress a new customer. not only that but her steak was extremely overcooked and mine was nearly raw. my girlfriend was very disappointed and its spoiled our evening. we were offered another state to replace the one but we were worried we would simply receive more of the same. I would have expected better from a company that holds itself in such high esteem in the steak industry.
- Another great dining experiencedeederDined on 3/29/2014Our nite out was fantastic - and was helped by the great food and service of Cattlemans. Steaks were done to perfection and the Lobster Tail was out of this world. I have never been let down by Cattlemans - each visit is as great as the last one. The Menu has changed and includes less overall cuts of steak but when you think about it why carry a wide variety when doing 8-10 cuts better than anyone else is all that is needed. By the way - the new Bread and Herb Dip are a great addition to the service here. I will most certainly return to Cattlemans! On a scale of 1 to 10 this dining experience was a 9.5! Cattlemans has met my expectations again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always had a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/26/2014We have always had a good meal at Texas Cattle Co., but last night started with lack luster service. Our dining guest spilled a glass of wine at the table and we actually had to ask the server to help. Imagine, he never even offered a towel. We had to ask for a changed place setting which seemed more like effort than service and only one of the wet settings was changed at that. Then as the entrees came out, they informed us they ran out of baked potatoes. Our guest enjoyed his scallops and shrimp. My pork chop was brine soaked too long and very salty. My husband`s steak was chewy and tough. Certainly not like the many good meals we have had here before. We will back away from Texas Cattle Co for awhile.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehh....JenMakaDined on 3/24/2014We have been visiting the establishment for family birthdays for many years... and had enjoyed our experiences until the last couple of visits. This last time (for my husband's birthday) they did not except his MA id for his complementary birthday dinner- though they had his FL id for the last 6yrs. He's a 50/50 resident due to our business. The menu has changed, and the steaks were not as tasty the last couple of times we had dined here. The rolls were different- not in a good way. Our waiter was not very pleasant... but tended to duty. No great experience- food was average. Definitely nothing to bring us back. When we visit we usually are a party of 6+ people.
- fabulousBAGSDined on 3/23/2014I am a fan of good dinning out , I do not mind paying for quality. For years of my life I always attempt to experience such features.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic Parmesan Fries no moreAndyVVIPDined on 3/22/2014I used to frequent this restaurant when I lived in the area...but had not been back in couple years. We brought a group in for a birthday. (No one else in the group had been here before) Seems they have been adjusting texas cattle to the local economic conditions...scaled down the menu and removed some old favorites. Less sides, less wines, only simple cuts.. Several steaks were sent back. Porterhouse had a pound of trimmings The salad and cheddar rolls were still excellent. Service was excellent. Pricing is reasonable compared to their other restaurants. I don't think any of the first timers we brought here were impressed enough by the food to return. When in the mood for a really good steak....I opt for quality over price.Special Features:
- niceRjSTPeteDined on 3/22/2014very nice, gluten friendly, nice staff, little loud and busy but it was Saturday nightSpecial Features:
- Let downirishmixDined on 3/17/2014I come with my wife for my birthday for the last 3 years. I have sent a few of my guests from my hotel because I have always experienced great service and great food. However I got a few complaints from my guests and my family about food quality. So I decided to look up reviews to see what has been going on. But being I run a hotel and depend on reviews I know how people can be. So I went for my birthday on the 17th. First I noticed the menu looks like a menu that I would receive in a waffle house without the pictures. It now takes an act of congress to get a birthday steak dinner. Good thing I brought my wife. I couldn't get it unless she ordered the same or greater value. I wont be returning or sending any of my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceKirkDined on 3/15/2014You can't find food this good, at a great price, anywhere else in the Bay Area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As ExpectedBaronDined on 3/15/2014We were a party of 3 and all of us ordered steak dinners. Of the 3 steak orders 2 had to be sent back since they were way under cooked. This should never happen in a restaurant that specializes in steak. When our order was taken the server ask what side we wanted with our dinner. We were never told the sides extras.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014This is the second time I have ordered a medium rare steak and been served something closer to medium well, this is a steak house, they should know how to cook the meat. I ordered a strip steak which is supposed to be tender and juicy, mine was dry and had gristle through out. For a 30$ steak, I would have done better going to walmart and buying and cooking my own steak. Also if you are going to be so pretentious as to serve 30$ steaks, you could serve a little better lettuce than iceberg in your house salads. I don't think that I will be dining here again. Our service was slow, our drinks ran empty, and it was far overpriced. If you are going to add an 18% gratuity to my bill, at least ensure that I get a decent waitress next time.
- Best Pork Chops Ever!!ItalianJoeDined on 3/13/2014The Texas Cattle Company may be known for their steaks but we go there for the delicious, thick and juicy port chops. The way they prepare and cook them makes them so tender that you could almost cut them with a fork. They have the option for a single pork chop or two with the entree. We always opt for two so we can bring one home. So, if you have never thought of trying the pork chops at the Texas Cattle Company, you need to try them and you just might be hooked.Special Features:
- Birthday diningkkbwilsonDined on 3/11/2014This is my second time dining here. The service was excellent, as well as the steaks. I would recommend this to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but tasty.JimboDined on 3/8/2014The steaks were very good. You could really taste the wood-seasoning. Salad was also a highlight. A little on the high end price-wise, but I'd rather spend the money at a place like this and get a very good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time is freedcmiDined on 3/8/2014WE HAD A RESERVATION. WE WERE SEATED IMMEDIATELY AND A WAITER APPEARED SOON AND TOOK AN ORDER FOR DRINKS AND WE ORDERED CALAMARI APPETIZER. THE WAITER DELIVERED OUR DRINKS AND WE ORDERED OUR FOOD. AN HOUR AND 15 MINUTES LATER WE RECEIVED OUR FOOD AND WERE TOLD OUR CALAMARI ORDER WAS DELIVERED TO ANOTHER TABLE. THE STEAKS WERE EXCELLENT.....THE SERVICE LOUSY.
- We have been going to TexasStPete49Dined on 3/8/2014We have been going to Texas Cattle Company for over 20 years. This experience is no where near what it was. Too expensive. Poor entrée choices. Hassle over the birthday. The food was very disappointing. The salad did not have all the ingredients and was not consistent for each diner. Overall very disappointing.
- always reliable!raffermVIPDined on 3/8/2014When we want a good meal we head fr the Talk of the Town restaurants! My husband and I are on the paleo diet for autoimmune diseases. The food is real food not processed--it is a wonderful meal! The service is excellent--now, if they could only get the cappacino machine fixed---Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2014The steak was wonderful and grilled to perfection....Also had one of the best baked potatoes ever!!! Can't wait to go back...Special Features:
- Good Food....RobertDined on 3/7/2014Good basic steaks at a fair price. The food won't blow you away but service is friendly and a great bottomless salad.Special Features:
- TEXAS CATTLE COMPANYNOTFEELINGITDined on 3/7/2014I did not really enjoy my steak to much, med well, steak was cooked more to well, then medium well. I would appreciated it more if the waiter would have taken the plates off the table, a little quicker. It would have made it easier to eat the main courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed!StPeteDined on 3/6/2014I have dined several times at The Texas Cattle Company and this was especially the most disappointing experience. I took my family - Party of 4 and each of us had to return our steaks, due to them not being cooked properly. Ok - so after all 4 meals were returned they came out again and unfortunately were not much better the second time. It is not that the service was poor or unapolegetic it is just very dissapointing especially at $50 per person, to leave the Restaurant feeling we wished we all had better meals.
- We dined at Texas Cattle CompanyKimberlandDined on 3/6/2014We dined at Texas Cattle Company in St. Petersburg, Florida on March 6, 2014 at 5:30pm. The hostess and another employee were having an argument over where we were supposed to sit. Our waitress was very terse. The prices are much higher than the other 15 times we have dined at this location. My husband enjoyed his steak and I enjoyed one of my lobster tails, the other had a very mushy texture.Special Features:
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/4/2014Over all service was Good but could have been Outstanding if we were checked on more.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceClideDined on 3/3/2014We always dine at the restaurant on special occasions. The prices are great and the service even better. They have many deals for mixing and matching foods. The salads are great. The bread is fresh baked daily and is something you will not experience in many places. The bang-bang shrimp and steaks are great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oh mybeverlyDined on 3/3/2014You guys have gotten too expensive!! I came for birthday..it was me and my daughter I felt the birthday deal really isn't worth it. I paid 80.00 could have both party of 3 meal for cheaper at longhorn. It's cozy..but I feel bathrooms should be better lightingSpecial Features:
- Typical Floridian RestaurantJeanClaudeVIPDined on 3/1/2014Unecessary taste of smoke. Meat was rare while requested medium. Nothing to compare with the original Cattleman in Forth Worth
- not worth the moneyluv2eatDined on 3/1/2014Very disappointed! Highly recommended but steak had a strange taste, was cold, seemed. Cooked in an oven? Waiter would visit the table across from us constantly but we had to waive him down - very poor service. Will not return. Much prefer Charleys.
- Blue cheese stuffed filetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I ordered the stuffed filet medium rare. I know it must be harder to judge the correct temperature of a stuffed filet, but my filet in areas was well done and at best medium to medium well in the other areas. My children, however, loved their steaks which did not have the blue cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for years, took my mother there for the first time. It was my husband's birthday. We had a group of people (8). Our waiter was great, however our food was poor. Filet was hard on the outside and raw in the middle, strip steak had to be sent back, it tasted like a pork chop. Overall the quality of the food this time was poor. For the price I definitely expected the quality to be much better as it had been for so many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceleonardDined on 2/28/2014Excellent service, and the excellent food cooked as was requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum, steak!helenaDined on 2/28/2014This is THE PLACE for a steak. Wood fire grilled and so very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 39-birthday girlNikkithefoodieDined on 2/25/2014Okay, I was totally shocked by the prices but the food was so phenomenal that we forgot all about it! Lovely location. I wish the waiters wore cowboy boots but it was PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a huge selection, butBirthdayboyDined on 2/25/2014Not a huge selection, but the steaks are outstanding!Special Features:
- If You Love A Great SteakClearwaterGeorgeDined on 2/23/2014Texas Cattle Co is the place for a great steak. Cant lose with the Ribeye or Porterhouse! There are some great appetizers here, too. For bacon lovers, try the Chicken Fried Bacon. Get the mushrooms and onions with your steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greataddicted2agedmeatVIPDined on 2/22/2014We eat here often- Talk of the Town group has some of the best dry aged meat in the country. Always delicious, major flavorful. The sides are very good, and they have a very great (but not huge) wine list, fair prices. We go to a Charlie's Steakhouse when in Tampa or Orlando (same group).Special Features:
- It's a keeper!raffermVIPDined on 2/22/2014I am so glad that Open Table has added the Talk of the Town restaurants to their reservation list! We have been going to Cattlemen for about four years. We have never had anything but a wonderful meal, delightful hosts and waiters, and family time!! It is a large restaurant and caters to large groups of people. Lots of families enjoying time together--but they also have one room filled with small tables for two or three that is purposely kept quiet. country music plays in the background and the steaks are incredible. Their signature rolls are worth going for!Special Features:
- Steak not worth the moneyTampaTootDined on 2/21/2014I had giving up on getting a good meal in St Petel. When I heard that this restaurant has he same owner as Charley's Steakhouse. I was looking forward to a good steak. I order an 8oz filet. It was salty and hard on the outside. It was rare on the inside. I had order medlium not medium rare. The salad was soggy. Very disappointing. The steak was 26.95. Not worth the money.
- Best Waitress!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Susan is excellent!!! She is very knowledgable about the menu and also very personable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef EaterBeefeaterDined on 2/15/2014Good for steak lovers, bartender didn't follow up, disappointing. 30 minute wait for table despite reservations. Food quality was excellent, and food runner was good at asking for the diners to inspect for food temperatureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.