Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
2600 34th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 7275273335
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)good for groups (28)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great deal for birthdaybigdaddyDined on 6/10/2014The steaks are the best I have ever tasted. My wife's was undercooked. The restaurant needs an upgrade. There is a dingy green hue to the lighting. The service was polite but not over the top in terms of attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHermDined on 6/8/2014Excellent steaks and fantastic service. Great birthday special and the Sunday filet special is a very good deal. The chicken fried bacon app is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat4funDined on 6/7/2014Too pricey for the location, would rather spend my money at a restaurant with ambience and more menu selections
- Steak is Facebook WorthyEMPSDined on 6/6/2014I posted a picture of my steak on Facebook. I posted the stages of my steak on Facebook: 1) Eating at Texas Cattle, 2) Steak and eggs the next morning, and 3) My dog in my backyard enjoying the bone! If Texas Cattle sold T-shirts, I would totally wear one! Thank you.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Food was very good. I thought the buy one, get one free dinner was a very good valueSpecial Features:
- AmbianceTotallyfilled2Dined on 5/30/2014The meal and service were excellent-Way above average. My only complaint would be the dimness of the lighting. So dim that the waitpeople had to use flashlights at the table. Not a good situation especially for seniors who might have limited vision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNewo2uDined on 5/25/2014We found the staff to be friendly AND knowledgeable. The food was excellent. It is cooked the way you request and has great flavor. This year we went on Sunday for the $15.99 filet. My wife loved it. There is just something about food cooked over a wood fire. I went out on a limb and tried the pork chops. Flavorful and juicy. I has some leftovers a day later and was able to cut it with a plastic knife. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningSteakloverDined on 5/24/2014Upon arriving we were lead to a window seat near the back, but I preferred a booth, that was not a problem. Our table was just the right size with just the right amount of lighting which made the ambiance perfect. Our waiter was lively and friendly and on the ball. The food was better than we remembered from the last time, I think they might have changed the salad, either way it was most awesome. We both were there for the Porterhouse and it did not disappoint. Smashed potatoes were excellent as well. We both had the Blue Rose.. big enough to share (but we each had our own).. mighty yummy! It was a great date night for my husband and I, just as good as always. If you love a great steak, you will not be sorry you came here..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDhick30yearsDined on 5/20/2014We chose your restaurant to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Great choice!! Everything we ordered was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty and mediocreswflDined on 5/19/2014The truth is, you get what you pay for. Went here for the free birthday steak, the choice was limited for the "Free" item. The rest of our meal was salty and truly poor. Side of mushrooms swimming in oil and salt. Over salted but tasteless cuts of steak, iceberg salad drowned in bottled dressing. Not worth it and they ensure you buy enough at the table to cover the free steak, RUN don't walk!
- The following 280 reviews are from the Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL reviews archive.
- goodjobtwerkmasterDined on 5/18/2014So far everything was perfect I will certainly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steaks were excellent!ruceriusDined on 5/16/2014Went there for my birthday and we both got the same thing: the NY strip. My wife ordered hers medium & it came out medium-well. I ordered mine medium-rare & it was cooked perfectly & was very flavorful. She asked if she too could have hers cooked medium-rare and the waiter rectified it immediately. I recommend TCC to anyone who enjoys a flavorful aged steak cooked over a wood grill.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014My birthday dinner was fantastic, the food was terrific , our server Jason was great and the whole experience was first rate. Thanks for making my birthday so much better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad but trueKB45Dined on 5/11/2014We use to dine @ The Texas Cattle Company twice a month. We have been dining @ The Texas Cattle Company for over ten years. This was our last time. It started when they stopped the Wed. half price wine night. At the same time they raised the prices and lower the steak sizes. Now the Sunday special doesn't include additional salad at N/C and the potato is an extra. We were one of a small number of customer Mother's day. Yet, it still took one and half hour from start to finish. A lot of the time we were left looking at dirty dishes. In the past we always had excellent service this time the service was horrible. We travel from another county to eat @ The Texas Cattle Company. Again,we won't return.
- Still a good birthday dealWordswomanDined on 5/10/2014The birthday dinner is a great draw for Texas Cattle Company, especially for people who don't eat out all that much. The steak was well-seasoned, tougb was a bit undercooked and had a lot of gristle. Salad, bread and mashed potatoes were outstanding.Special Features:
- Drink Someplace ElseDisappointedDined on 5/10/2014Celebrated a birthday at Texas Cattle Co. Food was fine, great escargot. Steak was tender and the veggies tender crisp. What shocked me was the price of a drink. We had two rounds of vodka/club and each drink was $7.85. For house vodka?? I asked about it when leaving and was told it was "very good vodka" but no name was given. At $7.85 it had better be premium!. Well, we left there and went for a nightcap a block away at Smokin' 19 and guess what? A double vodka/club and a double white Russian plus tip was only $10.00. Fool me once etc., etc. Won't be back for a while.Special Features:
- Disappointed!DisappointedDined on 5/10/2014My husband's birthday dinner was a huge disappointment! The restaurant has gone diwnhill! Our server took a long time to initially greet us and get our drinks. The salad was tired and very oily with not much flavor and consisted of mostly lettuce! My brother-in-law's order was wrong and the server defended her order saying she heard him say something else, which he didn't! My husband's "free" steak was flavorless and full of grizzle! The kids potato wedges were burnt. My steak, a filet, was undercooked, but at the risk of having them overdo it if sent back, I ate it! Finally, the huge piece of chocolate cake had shrunk since we last were there; the price didn't! They charged for soda refills! Terrible experience!!! Don't Go!
- Excellent experienceAnonymousDined on 5/10/2014Great dining experience. Our server was incredible and the food was very good. Fillet was extremely tender and juicy. The salad and cheese bread were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wondering what happened !!Madbeacher2009Dined on 5/10/20144 years since I've been here and nothing changed, it only got worse. How hard is it to cook a steak medium-rare? Sent it back first time, then it came back out the same way, and tough as a shoe. Had to send my wife's blackened grouper back first time also, she's cajun so it wasn't the seasoning it was burnt. Management had issues with us doing this, other waitstaff did also. Plus when you deliver a side to the table and when we send the food back because of you couldn't cook it right, you need to replaced the side (cold/tough) asparagus as big a trees. Manager really is a work of art there charged us for the wine, should have been comped, but he was a total jerk. Never seen my other so angry, not going to return.
- Different place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/7/2014The steak and food was good, however the "all you can eat salad and bread" was brought to us after the steaks were served? We had to flag a manager down for refills on our bread and salad and drinks. Service was disappointing.
- worst experience in a long timesuckyDined on 5/7/2014Arrives at restaurant about 10 minutes early, were seated, and it went down from there. The server was rude, manager did'nt care, and for the first time in my 72 years we left the restaurant and went to a nice steak house Harold seltzers..... My wife and I have spent many special days at the texas cattle company, and for the most part all our meals have been fine, I don't know what has happened, but we will not be spending any special days or money at texas cattle company again.Special Features:
- Everything DeliciousPatmaDined on 5/6/2014We had the date night special which consisted of filet mingon [tender and very satisfying], bottle of wine which we took home, fresh baked yummy garlic rolls, flavorful garlic potatoes and even the salad was good. We chose the strawberry cobbler for dessert and it was a huge portion. Definitely worth the money and will return for the Tuesday evening special in the future.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Steak was the best part the things that came with were poor. Salad soggy. Service poor . Cake stale . Too much money for what they serve .
- Last ChancedineoutDined on 5/3/2014Tis was our third and final visit. We complained to the Mgt. after our horrible Christmas(2013) experience. The same miserable non smiling curt Hostess greeted us again making us fell like she was doing us a favor. My Open Table reservation was not honored. I asked for a booth in the bar area and we were taken to a table in the Dining Room. I complained and guess what there were at least 8 booths available. She didn't even look at the Dining request. 2nd Time. Service was good . Steaks were borderline correct. MR was closer to Med but was not willing to go thru the send back process. We had a coupon for the free Scallops which were rubbery and tough and flavorless. Steaks are not a great quality Not going back. What a shame
- snowinfloridaDined on 5/2/2014Always enjoy my visit here. Although I love the seafood options throughout Florida, there are times I just have to have a great steak, and this place never disappoints. Took two "newbies" last week and they are still raving about it. The atmosphere is low-light, makes a golden glow on the dark wood. The server was just a joy, fun and professional all at the same time...and our steaks were amazing and perfect, as always. I make the 40 mile trip around the south end of the bay a few times each year to dine here. An absolute favorite.Special Features:
- birthday partypowerman1Dined on 4/26/2014we went to the Texas cattle company for my wife's birthday, even though her birthday was two days before. We had a party of seven people. The food was great, both steak and sea food. and the service was even better. We all had a good time and will be back for more.Special Features:
- Great Steaks In St PeteClearwaterGeorgeDined on 4/20/2014We have been to the Texas Cattle Company many times the past few months. It is where we go for good steak. A nice selection of appetizers-all large in size- are reasonably priced. Nice house salad, tasty sides-have the smashed red potatoes- and good service. Be sure to try the cheesecake or carrot cake, both are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are sour tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014The service was very good however there were four of us and we had different cuts of steak and they all tasted as if they were left on the counter all night. The place was so noisy we could not carry on a descent conversation without speaking very loudly. I will not be going back to this restaurant,nor would I recommend it to anyone.
- Party of 8Enjoy1QualitymealDined on 4/19/2014We had a large party of 8. The order took forever to come and then one of the steaks (ordered medium rare) was way over cooked and it took forever to have a new one brought out. Everyone else was done with the meal. Food was nothing special!
- Fabulous!CherystacyDined on 4/19/2014The food was fantantastic! Our waitress Angela and her staff were very gracious and attentive- we had a large group of 12 diners and no one had to wait or want for anything. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free Birthday SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2014Enjoy a free birthday steak! You have to provide your ID and they will give you a free NY Strip as long as someone in your party orders that steak or another at a higher price point. It must be ON your birthday. Great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday for a friendhungerflameDined on 4/9/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times and loved it. this time I was a little disappointed. maybe it was because it was on a wed and it was slow. the bread which times before was outstanding was not so much. it seemed like it was not fresh or maybe just reheated a second the edges were hard like in a microwave. the mashed potatoes were too chunky and the mash was to liquidy. my friends strip steak had to much cord it may have been the first cut off the loin. I still enjoyed this restaurant and will definetly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING DINNER!SueBQDined on 4/8/2014Texas Cattle Company is a step above the rest. The service, the atmosphere, choice of wine & drinks, right thru the salad, bread and steaks were absolutely fabulous. We didn't get a chance to view or taste dessert. If you've forgotten how aged steaks taste -- or never tasted aged steak - it is a must. The prices are very comparable to the other "steak chains" with a different taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional flavors and serviceLisaDined on 4/5/2014We went to Texas Cattle Co. to celebrate my mothers birthday. The atmosphere is very rustic and Texan, but not over the top. It has nice ambient lighting. The service was probably some of the best I've experienced. He was very professional, attentive, informative and knew the menu inside and out. The food was exceptional. The other party member ordered steak, a strip and a filet. Both of them just raved about how good they were. I ordered the Plank salmon with mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were obviously fresh, real and so well seasoned with garlic and scallions that I could have eaten a plate. The salmon was crazy good. It was a large piece with a thick creamy sauce that had so much flavor, with enough food for leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencejayebird20Dined on 4/4/2014Service was excellent, Food was well prepared, Server was very profesional he cared about our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014We dined at this restaurant for my birthday. The 3 of us LOVED our steaks. They were cooked exactly as we ordered them. The waiter was great, it is a romantic place to dine. We love this restaurant!!!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodDRDMRC2Dined on 3/31/2014Love the food and the atmosphere! Great place for couples or groups.Special Features:
- poor birthday steakpatrickDined on 3/31/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and she received a steak that was 40 percent fat. it seems as though they picked out a very cheap free birthday steak rather than a premium cut to impress a new customer. not only that but her steak was extremely overcooked and mine was nearly raw. my girlfriend was very disappointed and its spoiled our evening. we were offered another state to replace the one but we were worried we would simply receive more of the same. I would have expected better from a company that holds itself in such high esteem in the steak industry.
- Another great dining experiencedeederDined on 3/29/2014Our nite out was fantastic - and was helped by the great food and service of Cattlemans. Steaks were done to perfection and the Lobster Tail was out of this world. I have never been let down by Cattlemans - each visit is as great as the last one. The Menu has changed and includes less overall cuts of steak but when you think about it why carry a wide variety when doing 8-10 cuts better than anyone else is all that is needed. By the way - the new Bread and Herb Dip are a great addition to the service here. I will most certainly return to Cattlemans! On a scale of 1 to 10 this dining experience was a 9.5! Cattlemans has met my expectations again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always had a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/26/2014We have always had a good meal at Texas Cattle Co., but last night started with lack luster service. Our dining guest spilled a glass of wine at the table and we actually had to ask the server to help. Imagine, he never even offered a towel. We had to ask for a changed place setting which seemed more like effort than service and only one of the wet settings was changed at that. Then as the entrees came out, they informed us they ran out of baked potatoes. Our guest enjoyed his scallops and shrimp. My pork chop was brine soaked too long and very salty. My husband`s steak was chewy and tough. Certainly not like the many good meals we have had here before. We will back away from Texas Cattle Co for awhile.I would recommend this to a friend.