542 W. 27th
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theheathnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125641662x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: Opens at 6:00pm
Offering Dinner, and Late Night Dining
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, English
- Executive Chef: R.L. King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly live Jazz ensemble
Friday and Saturday late night live band
- Special Events: For inquiries for special events, please email email@example.com.
A word from The Heath
THE HEATH serves a classically inspired modern take on American and English cuisine in an elegant railway station. The Heath features live Jazz ensemble seven nights a week for dinner and the MCKITTRICK HOTEL'S house band, HEATHENS on weekend late nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
The Heath - Best Restaurants in Chelsea ›
The Heath reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (43)hot spot (31)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent service, very attentive sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2014Excellent service, very attentive staff. Fun and very tasteful burlesque show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place and so didRockyVIPDined on 2/6/2014I love this place and so did my date. The service was great, the band was great, the food...we had the mini pork pies which were delicious, we also order the terrine board which fell a little short. Other than that....GREAT time. I'll definitely be going back...just not for the terrines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not necessaryMHB101VIPDined on 2/5/2014Why, with such great fare, interesting environment and talented musicians, do they create a Chuck E. Cheese environment? Adult New Yorkers don't want the kitsch. Toss the "experience" and offer a wonderfully elegant supper club and the city will beat a path to your door.
- A nice dinner but not mind blowingThriftyfoodieDined on 1/24/2014Great date location. Excellent cocktail menu. A bit pricy for the portion sizes- got the cauliflower entree and it was more like a snack sized appetizer. The persimmon salad was very fresh and my favorite part of the meal. The rest was standard fare- nothing to really write home about but you're really paying for the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Go!SezeNYCDined on 1/17/2014Amazing dining experience Great jazz band and if you're one of the chosen few to have someone pick you out during the meal, makes it even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell immediately in love.middlechildDined on 1/11/2014Walking off the quiet elevator into the music-filled dining room made for an excellent mood setter for the experience. Whereas the food was all delicious (especially the cheese plate, the turnip-apple soup, and the desserts), as were the cocktails, the atmosphere is what really set this night out from others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAMandKDined on 1/10/2014Not entirely sure what to expect at first. The food was excellent. Service and ambience were lovely. The music was wonderful. That my husband was taken to a secret place by one of the characters was wild. Great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!!JoeBVIPDined on 1/9/2014Went to this cute themed restaurant the other night for dinner. Service was excellent and attentive. Food was good, but, heavy. Avoid the beef pie(not much beef, too much pie). Overall a nice place to take friends from out-of-town or if you want to go out to a place with a lovely jazz band playing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceMitchellMDined on 1/8/2014I really can't say enough about this gem. The period piece from the roaring 20's carries over into the attire and service of the extremely competent and pleasant staff. The jazz band was exceptionally good and the cocktails were amazing. Food presentation was spot on and prepared to perfection. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a showDianaCDined on 12/27/2013You must be wondering if this is another gimmick. This is after all, an extension of Sleep No More, popularly known for its loose adaption of Macbeth and gripping interactive theater. But none of this is a gimmick. I was pleasantly surprised that the food was carefully thought out and executed. R.L. King does a fantastic job of bringing in English fare, making nods to the entire SNM ambience. The service and portions are too generous. SNM is very much part of the dinner and rightfully so because the Punchdrunk company does it right. Nowhere else will you pay for decent food at the usual city price and get the same experience.Special Features:
- The best of the bestAvNYfoodieVIPDined on 12/26/2013I totally enjoyed my dining experience at the Heath. The service was outstanding. The waiters are super good looking and knowledgable. The bar tender does magic ! The Jazz band and the raffle just makes the night even more memorable. And expect wonderful surprises. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining "Experience"!theatrelovrDined on 12/26/2013This was my second time dining at The Heath. The first time, I enjoyed the ambience, the food, the band and the mysterious happenings before dashing off to enjoy the eerie splendor of Sleep No More. This time, my husband and I stayed in the restaurant for an extended romantic date, transporting ourselves back to the Big Band era, savoring spicy sweet potato soup and dining on savory pies, sumptuous melt-in-the-mouth roasted chicken and sweet desserts. We danced to the fabulous band - and were each whisked away during the evening on our own private "adventures". This is one restaurant not to miss - whether u choose it as a lovely precursor to the show at The McKittrick, or whether you opt to spend your entire evening there! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and deliciousGreatVIPDined on 12/26/2013This place fits with the Sleep No More theme. A haunted, 1940's feel, live band on stage, actors walking around engaging you here & there. props to spook you out. if you're lucky, you'll be chosen to partake in a behind the scenes scene. really fun place with great food. easy to over order, so maintain yourself. DRINKS ARE DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spot in all of NYCGregDined on 12/20/2013The food at the Heath is amazing. Unusual flavor combinations executed perfectly. Delicious! The live jazz band and hotel "residents" chatting you up make up a special experience. If you get lucky and win in the special raffle, you're bound to have an unforgettable evening.Special Features:
- Another hit for the McKittrick HotejordanjpayneVIPDined on 12/20/2013These guys can do no wrong, you're sure to have a great night at The Heath. Great comfort foods, English style cuisine, and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place, very specialKerenGDined on 12/14/2013Amazing place, very special experience! Good food and perfect servise...and the music...THE MUSIC! Just WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday spot!moodiefoodieDined on 12/14/2013The food was delicious and the jazz band made the evening. The best part of the evening is the general ambiance and staff dressed to 1930s gear brining life to the scene. Fantastic night!Special Features:
- An atmospheric experienceAhsd2Dined on 12/8/2013Dined here before seeing "Sleep No More" and it was not only elegant and delicious (featuring a thoughtful menu of innovative takes on British cuisine) but also a perfect prelude to the show, with actors strolling around the space and interacting with patrons. An added bonus: one actor gave us a password that allowed us expedited entry to the show (and free, expedited coat check, too). My dining partner even had a 1:1 experience as we concluded our dinner, similar to those that happen in the show. If you are a fan of SNM and enjoy its sense of mystery, surprise, and elegance, you will enjoy your evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely Blown AwayEParkerDined on 12/6/2013Dont let anyone spoils the surprises for you! I did not expect the experience to be so.... elaborate. Everything was fantastic. Great place to bring a friend from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main dishes were slightlyTheEnglishCoupleDined on 12/4/2013Main dishes were slightly over-salted and the dessert was very sweet, but then I'm from England and not accustomed to the US sugar levels. Atmosphere was great and the live band was a complete surprise - dinner/dancing is very difficult to find elsewhere, what a bonus! We loved the evening together.Special Features:
- This place deserves your businessfoodieNYCVIPDined on 11/29/2013We had an incredible time and I'm very hard to impress. I'm looking forward to returning often and supporting a venue that cares this much about their guests from the food to the service and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So expensive!usedtoloveGGDined on 11/29/2013If you are a rich tourist who wants to be seen here, The Heath is for you. If you are a SNM fan hoping to have a new experience, don't bother. Some characters may chat with you. Apparently they only cater to the rich tourists and movie stars that stop by. The people who buy tickets to the show are treated as nuisances. Food is great, but the prices are sky high.Special Features: