82 Winter Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bocadotapasbar.com/
- Phone: 5087971011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Champagne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cava is the function room at Bocado which can accommodate sit down dinner for up to 40 guests and cocktail style party with plated and passed hors d'oeuvres for up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Deb Covino 5087971011
A word from Bocado
Bocado Tapas Wine Bar Modern. Chic, Bold, Sexy Bocado has brought the modern, big city atmosphere to the Worcester dining scene. A journey of tastes and flavor inspired by Mediterranean Cuisine served through a savory mix of tapas plates and extensive wine flights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bocado - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Bocado reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)special occasion (97)good for groups (82)romantic (82)hot spot (61)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (57)late-night find (45)vibrant bar scene (41)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Another delicious mealES17Dined on 8/1/2014My family and I love Bocado and come here often for special occasions. The food is always delicious and the service is excellent. However, my most recent visit was not the awesome experience I usually expect here. We sat in a different area of the restaraunt in very uncomfortable seats. The stools on one side of the table were too small and we felt like we were falling off, but the bench on the other side was too high and not any better. We ordered two pitchers of sangria, peach and another kind that I can't remember. Peach was pretty good, but the other was disgusting. We didn't even finish half the pitcher. The price here is always pretty steep and our bill for 5 people came to about $280 including tip, Very Expensive, usually worth it..Special Features:
- Fabu-locoFoodie4LifeDined on 7/30/2014Bocado is in my top three restaurants for sure! The atmosphere was amazing, the food was fabulous and the server ice was astounding! Well done, 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!HBREVIPDined on 7/27/2014The choice of tapas is the best I have experienced. The variety, quality, tastiness is amazing! What a Unique dining experience. I cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- Wonderful As AlwaysLCAPONE777VIPDined on 7/26/2014I am never disappointed when I dine at Bocado. The food and service is wonderful! My friend had never gone to a tapas restaurant before and I took her, we got 6 small plates and a pitcher of sangria, we left STUFFED; and not to mention every bite was heaven. Every plate is seasoned to perfection. I would recommend the "Ajillo Azotado Con Espinacas y Queso" its their "cold" version of spinach/artichoke dip (sans artichoke), you cant go wrong with the "Croquetas de Pollo" - deep fried fritters with an amazing honey aiolil and my personal favorite "Bola de Arroz Frito con Mozzarella" - their take on Aroncini! If you are going to do a meat and cheese, don't skip the fried goat cheese. And its affordable! We walked out $35 each (w/o tip).Special Features:
- Very Noisy, food had some issuesBdaydineDined on 7/26/2014We found the area where we were sitting just inside beyond bar to be extremely noisy to the point could not hear what our waiter was saying. Asked for no onions in food, skirt steak/rice had onions as well as the paella. Also, for cost of experience for 2 paella could have been more flavorful, it had fish shells in it & rice dry/but under cooked. Was a shame as we were celebrating a birthday :-(Special Features:
- Mucho Bocado!CurlynuxDined on 7/26/2014Great find. Have been wanting to go to this local tapas bar for a long time and we are glad that we did! Excellent food choices, although the menu is confusing at first. Food was excellent with a nice variety. I loved the lamp lollipops! Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWowieDined on 7/25/2014The food was terrific and very different from experiences in our area! I personally have never experienced a similar dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014We get to Bocado fairly regularly - although it seems not nearly enough - but when we do we've never had less than an awesome tapas experience. Even though the Paella sounds amazing and keeps tempting us, we can't seem to find a visit where the tapas menu doesn't lure us back. Bocado sports a to-die-for list of regular favorites and an ever-changing specials menu that is diverse, inventive, and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Bocado's tapas are wonderfully imaginative dishes unto themselves. My wife and I love the tapas concept: why have three dish flavors in a meal when you can have ten? We've never had a dish we were disappointed with. They are always hot and flavorful. The accent sauces, vinegars and other savory flavors are outstanding, and prices are reasonable for the high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapas placefoodie130Dined on 7/23/2014I went to Bocado with my family to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food in general was great. We ordered lots of different kinds of dishes, and I liked the shrimp burger, duck, and calamari the most. Except the service was a bit slow, which made our dinner last close to 3 hours, everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for foodies !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Not for the casual dinner, the menu is too much,to take in in one visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it with mixed feelingsRitagonzVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service, the tapas, the drinks and the ambiance - awesome! The paella... is scary. It was spicy hot and very salty, and swimming in a pool. No crunchy zocarrat. But its fun, and vibrant, and the tapas are great - LOVED the octopus - well cooked! Fried goat cheese? YEAH! Churros... well yes!Special Features:
- deeeliiisschh!!!BirabDined on 7/18/2014I'm obsessed with bocado. I would go here every weekend if I could afford it! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingThebestDined on 7/13/2014Perfect from beginning to end. Outstanding service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable NightPeteDined on 7/11/2014Great bar with a nice selection of beers and wine. The staff was very friendly, made great recommendations on food choices and the ambiance was solid. Exposed brick walls and very dimly lit, this was a perfect choice for a place to get away from everything. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- BillBillDined on 7/11/2014The capturing of flavors cannot be outdone. I defy anyone to try and pick a favorite plate. 12 different tapas we had and each one was a favorite. I have always found the waitstaff very helpful in navigating through the menu. The atmosphere and the way the food is served adds to the dinner conversation.Special Features:
- Food and Bartender were greatCarlBigDaddyJDined on 7/11/2014Had a taco special that was so good I decided to have 2 servings instead of something else. The margaritas were great and Matt poured some fine wines for my wife and friends. Good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas experienceatty86Dined on 7/10/2014Bocado is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always well-seasoned and tasty. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations as usualSterlingiteDined on 7/5/2014Bocado never disappoints. Food was delicious, service was great - couldn't ask for a better night out.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!ELLADined on 7/3/2014Great food. Great wine. Great music. Great waiters. Love this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealworcesterfoodieDined on 7/1/2014Great meal - good environment servers were very aware of our group.Special Features:
- Delicious!LairDined on 6/28/2014New potato dumplings are absolutely delicious!! Also tried the speciality sweet tea sangria which was very tasty. I would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Bocados always delivers a great experience. I love to try new dishes but I always save room for the shrimp burgers. See you again soon.Special Features:
- As great As EverJojoDined on 6/28/2014Once again I was not let down by Bocado, and neither were the 2 people in my group (of four of us), who had never been there. I will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Love this place!!!IndimystDined on 6/28/2014First the food is amazing. The tapas are fun. As a person whose had weight loss surgery the plates are perfect and I don't feel bad for taking 90% of my meal home because I am only served the 10% I actually eat. The service is great. The atmosphere is fun to go out with friends and also a date night. Not all places can pull this off but somehow Bocado does. Our server Alex was great. He was also adorable. I would go there every week if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LomzlawDined on 6/27/2014We will definitely be returning, such a great night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner night!AllanDined on 6/27/2014I went with some friends to Bocado and as usual the food, drinks and staff was outstanding! They greatly accommodated my seating request. Thank you. We'll be going back.Special Features:
- Had bettereatiVIPDined on 6/13/2014We don't drink and it seemed to us this place was designed for a crowd that does. Service was good but food was mediocre. This was my first (and last) trip.
- Never disappointslsalceDined on 6/7/2014Another wonderful experience at Bocado! In addition to our usual favorite small plates, we had the pork loin special and my husband couldn't stop raving. Incredible service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More options, more flavorLexaDined on 5/31/2014Coming from Sarasota Florida, I used to eat at a perfect tapas place called Ceviche. Lots of options and my favorites were pollo al ajillo, patatas bravas, chorizo and pimientos and for desert Crema Catalana. Good food, perfect flavor. Bocado needs more options for tapas and add more flavor to the food cause it didn't really have any flavor. I might give it another try, hopefully food taste a little better. Excellent servers. Loved the salsa music they were playing (Hector Lavoe) :-) ThanksSpecial Features:
- amazing waiterfishersDined on 5/31/2014loved our waiter, got food on my shirt and he was there with a napkin and soda water to clean it up, I have never seen that ever before and I grew up with a dad who owned and operated restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Good food, but...JoeBagodonutsDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant could have been opened in a more scenic neighborhood, but this restaurant I think can be a good part of re-building Worcester. The young kids at the host(ess) station could have been more interested in the incoming guests than they were in their own conversation, but our waitress Jess was appropriately attentive and gave pretty good service.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Food, sangria and service were all fabulous!! Would definitely be back. Thanks for a great night out!!Special Features:
- Tapas for TwoFoodJunkieDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our time at Bocado, my only complaint is that the table size for two people was very small. I wanted to keep a menu to order more later on, but had to place it on the floor because there wasn't enough room for it to stay on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not so great foodHMTastebudsDined on 5/29/2014Service was excellent, but the food just don't cut it. While it's nice to have a place like this in Worcester, the ingredients were not fresh. The flavors were bland. It's a tapas style restaurant - as in small plate, but the food wasn't authentic Spanish tapas. I've been to Spain 3 times and am spoiled with the real deal. This place might have some authentic menu items, but the execution was not there. However, I did enjoy their sangria and the service. The place also turns into Salsa Night in the evening. I'd recommend this place for drinks and the bar scene rather than the food.Special Features:
- Never a dissapointment.SloneDigittyDined on 5/24/2014Been going here for over 4 years now and everytime it's incredible. Do yourself a favor and try this place. You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tradition for usflaknwoostaDined on 5/24/2014We go to Bocado about twice a year, which is about how often we're in the area. They never disappoint. The food and service are both top-notch.Special Features:
- Twice blessedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Our hope was that the second visit to Bocado would be as good as the first, especially as we were introducing friends to the restaurant. Well, it was and our friends were suitably impressed, not only with the food, but with us as well, for being so astute in our choice of eateries. So, our thanks, Bocado. You made us feel very welcome. A very nice bonus. Thanks again.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014This is our 7th time eating at Bocado and we once again enjoyed ourselves immensely! Great food, great service Always something new and different to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1149 reviews are from the Bocado reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceSbux123Dined on 5/16/2014Our server that night was great! Very personable, knowledgeable, and great at suggesting specials and getting us out of our typical go to menu choices. This just goes to show that experience is what brings us back time and time again.Special Features: