82 Winter Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bocadotapasbar.com/
- Phone: 5087971011
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Steve Champagne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cava is the function room at Bocado which can accommodate sit down dinner for up to 40 guests and cocktail style party with plated and passed hors d'oeuvres for up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Deb Covino 5087971011
A word from Bocado
Bocado Tapas Wine Bar Modern. Chic, Bold, Sexy Bocado has brought the modern, big city atmosphere to the Worcester dining scene. A journey of tastes and flavor inspired by Mediterranean Cuisine served through a savory mix of tapas plates and extensive wine flights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bocado - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Bocado reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (99)good for groups (92)romantic (83)hot spot (66)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (57)late-night find (43)vibrant bar scene (40)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Bocados is a bit on the expensive side but you should know this when deciding to going there. Once there, I must say it is worth the money for sure. The food is always so good, and the wait staff are always very professional and helpfulSpecial Features:
- HappydinerDined on 8/24/2014Eating at Bocado is always an adventure! There's so much to choose from - we could just keep eating all night! Our server was very attentive, very helpful. There was just one glitch - the kitchen apparently forgot one of our dishes, so there was a bit of a lull in service, but it was taken care of very quickly once we spoke to our server about it. The food was delicious! And the wine was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Bocado!NancyDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious as always! We go there at least twice a month. Had a really nice dinner with family celebrating my husband birthday.( Good excuse to go.) The food was great, the atmosphere really friendly, and the location very convenient. They also have Valet parking ...and The Flamenco night is super fun and the wine tasting night with the dinner is my favorite thing there. I highly recommend it, am definitely looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!Sbux123Dined on 8/22/2014Food, atmosphere and service was amazing! I would definitely come here again. The food is always spot on and affordable. The house sangria and fried goat cheese are my favorite offerings and tend to be the go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Service was great. Interior is simple but comfortable. Not for kids unless like like food that is a little different. Great drinks. Loved so many of the tapas we tried. Will be back. Went on a Monday might so place was quiet and cozy. I bet it is really busy Thurs, Fri and Sat!Special Features:
- BocadoMhawk91Dined on 8/16/2014everything about Bocado was great. my boyfriend and i went during restaurant week and although it was very busy the staff was friendly and collected. the food was out standing and our waiters recommendations were delicious. We had an amazing dinner and will definitely be coming back very soon.Special Features:
- It's loveEphanielynnDined on 8/15/2014I've been to Bocado a few times now and every time I find my self more and more impressed. The food is always out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night spotBreweryDined on 8/15/2014Tea all like this place but the front dining room was really noisy. Great place to meet people for drinks and Tapas but not so great for a romantic eveningSpecial Features:
- Looking for a "go to" place?YummyDined on 8/15/2014It doesn't matter how many times you go out to eat you always want to find a place that is good no matter what...this is the place! The staff is courteous and attentive( our server was Cara and she was magnificent) The food is always fantastic, both in appearance and flavor. Presentation,sangria and ambience...the "Big Three!" Have your first date( as we did 5 years ago)or a night out with the Spouse ( we married in 2013)or any Foodie friends here and you will happily satisfied!Special Features:
- Great FoodMattDined on 8/15/2014Great food and good service. Definitely a special occasion place in my book since it is relatively expensive but the food is worth it. Great restaurant to try during Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014After we'd paid our check, we each had maybe a third of a drink remaining. The waiter came over and asked us if there was anything else we needed and then pointed out that they were very busy. Guess they couldn't let us finish our drinks...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Our experience was wonderful. Our server was friendly and very helpful, with great suggestions on what was good to eat. We did not feel rushed in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Night!andilikepeachesDined on 8/12/2014Convinced my boyfriend to bring me here for my birthday. Totally worth it!!! The food was fantastic and the experience was wonderful (:Special Features:
- First time at BocadotwoofusDined on 8/12/2014It was our first time at Bocado and we enjoyed it very much. We like the tapas style of dining and will surely go back again. The server was very attentive and explained the method of ordering and how things would be served. We ordered the Worcester Restaurant week Special for 2 which includes a meat and cheese selection, 3 more tapas from a list of about 10 and followed by your choice of a paella from four different selections. This was followed by dessert. We were able to get through the tapas and each had a couple of bytes of the classica paella. We had the paella and dessert boxed to take home. Everything was excellent!Special Features:
- LOVE!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2014I absolutely love Bocado .. I go there not knowing what I want to eat and can "create" my own buffet. I brought my teenage son out with me for my birthday and even he loved it. I should note, he is the pickiest eater I know. Seriously if you have not had the fried goat cheese and the lamb lollipops you need to go here immediately!!!Special Features:
- Busy Saturday Night....VeryParticularDined on 8/9/2014Everyone from the hosts to the bartender & our server were charming helpful & attentive! The best sangria menu, even my husband who is normally a beer drinker enjoyed a sangria, or two! Our first course of fried goat cheese with pheasant sausage was incredible and made for a great combination. Over all everything was really good. Our only critique would be that the shellfish in our paella was very bland & completely void of seasoning, but the rest of the dish was delicious, especially the chorizo! And just a side note but when did men stop dressing for a night out at a nice restaurant? I was surprised by how many were dressed in cargo shorts tshirts & flip flops?! But it didn't detract from the food or service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Awesome Deal for Restaurant Week!SJFOEVADined on 8/9/2014My girlfriend I and went for dinner and got the Restaurant Week deal for 2 ($46.26) that is usually $75. Bottle of wine for $23.14 as well. Order the fried goat cheese and duck, absolutely delicious. For tapas we ordered the pork meatballs, garlic shrimp, and calamari. All were very good. We then proceeded to get the all meat paella which was excellent. Topped it off with the raspberry bread pudding. Awesome dining experience, we thoroughly enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Great Tapas, bad paellaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything would absolutely be a five star review had the seafood paella not been sub par. I was surprised because everything else had been so good. The clams and muscles surrounding the dish tasted like they were cooked in bleach and the paella itself was flat tasting, it badly needed salt and butter. It just put a sour note on the night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itazandraDined on 8/8/2014I love trying new foods so I really enjoyed the menu. I like that you order a bunch of small plates and everyone shares/tries things. The sangria was awesome. Our waitress was great. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Very goodCody64Dined on 8/8/2014First time here and it was very good. THe service was excellent. WE enjoyed the restaurant week menu and had a great night out.Special Features:
- Had better experiencesFoodGirlDined on 8/7/2014The room we were in was too noisy and the service was slow. Good was good, though seemed better in the past bSpecial Features:
- Bocado is wonderfulLisaDined on 8/6/2014Haven't been to Bocado in a while and was craving it. Met up with some girlfriends and had a great time! Food was delicious and Bocado is definitely a great happy hour location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014We had an enjoyable time at Bocado, but honestly found the quality of the food to be down. However, we understand the restaurant was much busier than normal because of the high traffic from restaurant week. But, we can confidently say the service was outstanding and the overall experience was both warm and pleasant. We will be back, but may steer clear of the restaurant week menu and stick to the normal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We love it here. Great menu and has ever changing specials. We drive 30 minutes to go and well worth it.Special Features:
- Another delicious mealES17Dined on 8/1/2014My family and I love Bocado and come here often for special occasions. The food is always delicious and the service is excellent. However, my most recent visit was not the awesome experience I usually expect here. We sat in a different area of the restaraunt in very uncomfortable seats. The stools on one side of the table were too small and we felt like we were falling off, but the bench on the other side was too high and not any better. We ordered two pitchers of sangria, peach and another kind that I can't remember. Peach was pretty good, but the other was disgusting. We didn't even finish half the pitcher. The price here is always pretty steep and our bill for 5 people came to about $280 including tip, Very Expensive, usually worth it..Special Features:
- Fabu-locoFoodie4LifeDined on 7/30/2014Bocado is in my top three restaurants for sure! The atmosphere was amazing, the food was fabulous and the server ice was astounding! Well done, 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!HBREVIPDined on 7/27/2014The choice of tapas is the best I have experienced. The variety, quality, tastiness is amazing! What a Unique dining experience. I cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- Wonderful As AlwaysLCAPONE777VIPDined on 7/26/2014I am never disappointed when I dine at Bocado. The food and service is wonderful! My friend had never gone to a tapas restaurant before and I took her, we got 6 small plates and a pitcher of sangria, we left STUFFED; and not to mention every bite was heaven. Every plate is seasoned to perfection. I would recommend the "Ajillo Azotado Con Espinacas y Queso" its their "cold" version of spinach/artichoke dip (sans artichoke), you cant go wrong with the "Croquetas de Pollo" - deep fried fritters with an amazing honey aiolil and my personal favorite "Bola de Arroz Frito con Mozzarella" - their take on Aroncini! If you are going to do a meat and cheese, don't skip the fried goat cheese. And its affordable! We walked out $35 each (w/o tip).Special Features:
- Very Noisy, food had some issuesBdaydineDined on 7/26/2014We found the area where we were sitting just inside beyond bar to be extremely noisy to the point could not hear what our waiter was saying. Asked for no onions in food, skirt steak/rice had onions as well as the paella. Also, for cost of experience for 2 paella could have been more flavorful, it had fish shells in it & rice dry/but under cooked. Was a shame as we were celebrating a birthday :-(Special Features:
- Mucho Bocado!CurlynuxDined on 7/26/2014Great find. Have been wanting to go to this local tapas bar for a long time and we are glad that we did! Excellent food choices, although the menu is confusing at first. Food was excellent with a nice variety. I loved the lamp lollipops! Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWowieDined on 7/25/2014The food was terrific and very different from experiences in our area! I personally have never experienced a similar dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014We get to Bocado fairly regularly - although it seems not nearly enough - but when we do we've never had less than an awesome tapas experience. Even though the Paella sounds amazing and keeps tempting us, we can't seem to find a visit where the tapas menu doesn't lure us back. Bocado sports a to-die-for list of regular favorites and an ever-changing specials menu that is diverse, inventive, and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Bocado's tapas are wonderfully imaginative dishes unto themselves. My wife and I love the tapas concept: why have three dish flavors in a meal when you can have ten? We've never had a dish we were disappointed with. They are always hot and flavorful. The accent sauces, vinegars and other savory flavors are outstanding, and prices are reasonable for the high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapas placefoodie130Dined on 7/23/2014I went to Bocado with my family to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food in general was great. We ordered lots of different kinds of dishes, and I liked the shrimp burger, duck, and calamari the most. Except the service was a bit slow, which made our dinner last close to 3 hours, everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for foodies !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Not for the casual dinner, the menu is too much,to take in in one visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it with mixed feelingsRitagonzVIPDined on 7/19/2014The service, the tapas, the drinks and the ambiance - awesome! The paella... is scary. It was spicy hot and very salty, and swimming in a pool. No crunchy zocarrat. But its fun, and vibrant, and the tapas are great - LOVED the octopus - well cooked! Fried goat cheese? YEAH! Churros... well yes!Special Features:
- deeeliiisschh!!!BirabDined on 7/18/2014I'm obsessed with bocado. I would go here every weekend if I could afford it! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingThebestDined on 7/13/2014Perfect from beginning to end. Outstanding service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable NightPeteDined on 7/11/2014Great bar with a nice selection of beers and wine. The staff was very friendly, made great recommendations on food choices and the ambiance was solid. Exposed brick walls and very dimly lit, this was a perfect choice for a place to get away from everything. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- BillBillDined on 7/11/2014The capturing of flavors cannot be outdone. I defy anyone to try and pick a favorite plate. 12 different tapas we had and each one was a favorite. I have always found the waitstaff very helpful in navigating through the menu. The atmosphere and the way the food is served adds to the dinner conversation.Special Features: