3001 Ocean Drive Suite 107
Vero Beach, FL 32963Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dineatmichaelstable.com/
- Phone: 7724929620x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Lander
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Michael's Table
Michael's table brings Down to Earth Seasonal Cuisine to Vero's beachside. Our menu features items that incorporate locally farmed ingredients as well as fine artisan specialties. A selection of craft beer and boutique wines are offered to highlight each menu selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Michael's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Foodie fun at the beach . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/15/2013Small, but cozy dining room, large bar area for dining as well. Farm to table consciousness, creative menu and artfully presented. Quality was very high, prices not too high. Gnudi appetizer was fun, full of fresh vegetables and not something you would find elsewhere. Buffalo mozz/heirloom tomatoes served w/ a properly grilled bread - outstanding. Entrees were also very good - Grouper was fine, but the accompanying corn risotto the real standout. Duck breast with confit "croutons" cooked perfectly with pickled cherries adding some needed zest. Older crowd reflecting the polished palette, but food well worth it. Across the street from the beachfront, so not much view, but go for the food. You can always go to the beachfront laterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but priceyroser30Dined on 6/8/2013This restaurant recently changed hands/chef's. The ambience is casual and friendly and the wait staff were good. The food was good but not "outrageously good". When we go out and the food is great, we always offer each other a taste. This did not happen when we ate here. Nothing was bad and in fact, the desserrt was outstanding. We just liked the food better before.Special Features:
- Best crab cakeMoondanceDined on 6/8/2013I'm from Maryland so that's saying a lot! That was one of the best crab cakes ever. The pig plate was awesome. The chocolate pretzel dessert was a real surprise. I loved the crunchy pretzel base with creamy chocolate and caramel ice cream. I will be dreaming about this meal for a long time. They change the menu every 3 weeks so I can't wait to go back for a new experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2013Enjoyed this restaurant very much. Food and service is excellent. It's a pleasure to dine in a place that puts so much thought into the menu. I would return again when we are back in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal right in Vero BeachFL32963Dined on 5/24/2013Excellent meal with attentive but unobtrusive service. Make a reservation for a table or take your chances and sit at the bar. Either way go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AlexisDined on 5/17/2013Great food, very interesting menu. Would recommend the gnocchi appetizer. I got the special (mahi & scallops), which was prepared impeccably. As is so often the case with fine dining, the skill of the chef is apparent in the sauces, which were light but intensely flavorful. Wine and beer only, and a cozy establishment. The ambience is chic bistro. I would definitely go again - these are people who take their craft seriously. But maybe not too often - you do get what you pay for, but it's not inexpensive. I would definitely call it a good value, though. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANT. NOISE SUPPRESSIONOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2013GREAT RESTAURANT. NOISE SUPPRESSION IN REST. HAS MADE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE. WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:
- Needs some helpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013Michaels Table doesn't serve cocktails and we were surprised as they didn't tell us. I was with guests who do not drink wine. We went at 6:45 and it got noisier as the evening progressed. I asked to sit by the door and it was much quieter. They called to let us know there was covered parking as it was pouring rain. Very friendly and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife ordered the fish ofhungerfrimeDined on 5/7/2013My wife ordered the fish of the day which was snapper. She or I (I tried it) have never experienced such tough and dry fish. I had the striploin steak medallions, rare. The serving showed absolutely no sign of beef quality. It was tasteless, dry and a little chewy. I asked the Manager if it was Choice, he did not know and would check. I didn't see him again. I doubt that it was either Prime or Choice. The Manager did reduce the bill. However we did not go there for a cheap meal Please make sure the restaurant is aware of these comments. Never again
- The food and service wereSuzanneDined on 5/4/2013The food and service were excellent. The only negative is the noise level. The room is on the small side and the bar is very lively so the noise level is on the high side. However, my husband and I would definitely return and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013very good food and service only bad thing water glass smelled nasty !!!Special Features:
- This was our second visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013This was our second visit, both with reservations. Had to wait well over 1/2 hour each time for our table. Excessively noisy - cannot have a conversation. Although the food is excellent and well presented, the excessive noise level takes away from the experience. Having tried it twice, I can't recommend the overall experience to our friends.Special Features:
- We had a very nice meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013We had a very nice meal at Michael's Table. We had a veal heart appetizer - not usually something we would order but it was strongly recommended by the server. We were not disappointed. I had the Duck, Duck, Goose entree - I am a big fan of duck and this was prepared to perfection. My husband had the swordfish which he was not impressed with, due to the fact that there was a prominent bloodline in the fish. We indulged in dessert - the cheese course (tasty) and a very yummy chocolate-pretzel dessert which I will dream about for weeks! Cons: the location. It is situated amongst some other businesses in a sort of "strip mall" (nicer than it sounds) and it was a bit cramped inside. Hopefully they can move house after establishing themselves.Special Features:
- I've been to this restaurantGMD47VIPDined on 4/17/2013I've been to this restaurant 3 times now and the food was always good. Unfortunately, the Restaurant's version of the New York strip steak was awful. It came only like warm, had no taste and was chewy. Not what you expect from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013Food was delicious. The service great. However it is very it is very loud and hard to hear.Special Features:
- Restaurant for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2013The food at this restaurant is amazing. I had the best crab cake of my life here... The only criticism (which was the problem with the previous restaurant at this location) is that it is really loud inside. I would recommend you ask for a table near the front of the restaurant if you like it a little quieter. But the food makes it worth it. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Small, vibrant restaurant....servicOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/6/2013Small, vibrant restaurant....service was a bit too relaxed, but friendly. Food was good overall (crabcake, pork dish, beet salad). Portions were on the smaller side (think tasting menu), with the exception of the crabcake-very large. Overall, fresh but not a standout meal.Special Features:
- Delicious food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/3/2013Delicious food, great service in a small, cozy space. The menu is limited but the options are interesting!Special Features:
- Best Restuarant in IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Best Restuarant in Indian River County that can be booked through Open Table!Special Features:
- Nice decorations. Very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2013Nice decorations. Very small in size and menu selection. The menu offered a strip steak, which ended up being 3-4 slices of meat, a very small portion, especially since the description sounded like a whole strip steak was being prepared. That was very disappointing. Too bad because we had heard great things about Michael's Table. It really didn't live up to our expectations. Fine food should lead to a fine dining experience. It wasn't there.
- Local cuisine elegantly prepareddinerVIPDined on 3/27/2013Excellent dinner choices. Certainly a cut above the typical Vero Beach fare. I had a New York strip cut into medallions and served simply but elegantly. My wife had a fantastic crab cake with all coarse crab meat. A beautiful scallop dish and fresh freens for a salad were perfect starters. It's a small restaurant but nicely laid out. Bread is fresh and all wines are available by the glass - a nice touch. There were a lot of Chardonnays as is typical of Vero, but many other novel wines also. Our server was polite but not over-present. Deserts were good. Book early to have a quieter meal, but even full it was tolerable. Chef/owner stayed on the customer side but always near the kitchen and did not interact with guests. We recommend highly.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedMetroDCDinerVIPDined on 3/26/2013We were disappointed at first that the prior restaurant in this space was no longer there, but our disappointment quickly changed as soon as the appetizers arrived. The food was splendid. Very flavorful and fresh. I had the scallops. My husband had fish. Both were delicious. Our server was efficient and knowledgeable. The space is cozy but comfortable. We will definitely come back next time we are in Vero.Special Features:
- Limited menu but everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/26/2013Limited menu but everything very well done, original, good presentation, visually appealing atmosphere. At present only wine and beer. They were accommodating to my guest who couldn't eat shellfish but liked the sauces on the Surf and Turf and essentially doubled the portion of beef. Not oversized portions but not skimpy either. Everyone's meal was at the requested temperature and the sauces were unusual. Well done.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Excellent dining experience from the moment we were greeted at the door. Staff was well informed on the food and wine menu as well as friendly and courteous. The carrot salad was an amazing blend of flavors. Duck entree and crab cake were equally great. Cannot wait to return to Vero Beach to dine again.Special Features:
- Great dining spot, great foodBeejDined on 3/23/2013Great dining spot, great food but horribly noisy. Great service....will be backSpecial Features:
- Best Restaurant in TownWendySDined on 3/23/2013This was my second time at Michael's Table...the first time was fantastic and the second visit proved that was no fluke! Exceptional service, beautiful food, cozy atmosphere. I can't wait to return!Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2013We had an excellent meal at the restaurant and Jessica provided very fine service. Unfortunately the noise level was huge. Surely management could do more to deaden the sound or eliminate a table or so. We will go back to see if Friday night just attracted a noise crowd. Alan GaleSpecial Features:
- OUTSTANDING DINNER ENTREES...ESPlatinprofVIPDined on 3/20/2013OUTSTANDING DINNER ENTREES...ESP THE "DUCK, DUCK, GOOSE" The BEST SUCCULENT DUCK I HAVE HAD IN ALMOST ANY RESTAURANT. Server Lane is outstanding, solicitous and helpful as well as incredibly competent...Super desserts as well.Special Features:
- Salmon ( 3 of us had it) hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Salmon ( 3 of us had it) had a smoked flavor That was not pleasant Not noted on menueSpecial Features:
- Fantastic overall dining experienceFudnutDined on 2/26/2013Fantastic overall dining experience. Best in Vero. Our server Angela was the best! Manageable wine with great choices and good variety wrt to types price points. Intelligent portion sizes - less is more.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinner! EclecticCeciDined on 2/26/2013Enjoyed our dinner! Eclectic mean, well designed. Salads delicious with terrific dressings even the house is great. Grouper was outstanding sitting on tasty bed of lentils. Crab cake was one of the best our guest had ever eaten. Service friendly. A treasure for Vero Beach.Special Features:
- It was our first visit andStevieDined on 2/23/2013It was our first visit and will not be our last. Very friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- A Solid New Option in Vero BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/22/2013This is a very good restaurant. Nice bar for eating, open kitchen, interesting menu, fairly priced wines. Clearly one of the best in Vero, and they handle reservations and being on time well. In a class with Citrus Grillhouse, Osceola Bistro, and a nice, small and cozy alternative. We'll go back, you should go.Special Features:
- Michael's was highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013Michael's was highly recommended to us and did not disappoint. We brought two friends who are "Foodies" and have eaten at many well known restaurants including The French Laundry. They loved everything about the dinner including the wine selection. We're thrilled to have such a wonderful new restaurant here in Vero. We will be bringing another group of friends there next weekend. Can't wait.Special Features:
- Can hold it's own againstPorciniDined on 2/20/2013Can hold it's own against most restaurants in New York City! The absolute best in Vero Beach!Special Features:
- Come to the Table with Michael!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013Michael's Table is a new 'gem' in Vero Beach, FL. Centrally located with easy access on Ocean Drive. Albeit, limited in space with some exterior tables for alfresco dining, the ambiance is welcoming and attractive and includes a bar area. The menu is selective and definitely inviting to the palate with specialtiy items not found at other dining establishments in the area. The food is delicious, and the presentation is outstanding. The wait staff is cordial and very accomodating. Only drawback is the elevated noise level when the room is full, which can be somewhat disconcerting. Have been a few times and the quality has measured up each time.Special Features:
- A GREAT new addition to VeroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2013A GREAT new addition to Vero Beach. The Duck Duck Goose was outstanding.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Cindy's fish was a tad dry and almost overdone. My entrée was superb. We will certainly be back, but please let Michael know about the fish. Thanks, Rod RothSpecial Features:
- Welcome addition to open table StrRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 2/15/2013Welcome addition to open table Striped bass special was good though would not reorder for myself Curious how do other fish dishes will taste Saw enough potential to merit a return visit
- A nice addition to VeroAnthonyDined on 2/13/2013Though the style of the restaurant (local foods, open kitchen, small dining area) is sort of the "it thing" right now throughout the east coast, this is the first implemenation that I know of in Vero. Michael's Table has executed the theme very well. The menu is nice and creative. We concluded that our small plates were great (5/5) and the entrees were good (4/5). Wait staff couls use some polishing. We certainly left pleased and will likely return during future visits to Vero.Special Features: