Walnut Creek Yacht Club
1555 Bonanza St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Walnut Creek Yacht Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutcreekyachtclub.com/
- Phone: 9259443474
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin Weinberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Custom menus for any size party. We also have a private patio area, which is fully enclosed and heated in cooler weather. It's great for private events all year long. Please check out our Banquet Menus on our website www.wcyc.net.
- Private Party Contact: Manager David Keane 9259443474
A word from Walnut Creek Yacht Club
Ellen McCarty and Kevin Weinberg opened the Walnut Creek Yacht Club in May of 1997 with the mission of bringing the finest and freshest from the sea to Walnut Creek. Why do we call ourselves a yacht club? Because we want to bring the atmosphere of a day on the Bay to landlocked Walnut Creek. We want our guests to feel comfortable, relaxed, and welcomed. Our décor includes many beautiful nautical touches: teak, mahogany, stainless steel, and even an authentic jib which was a gift to Kevin from the America’s Cup Defender, Alinghi. In January of 2008 we completed an extensive remodel, expanding the restaurant by twenty-five percent, and adding an oyster bar. We have been voted Best Seafood Restaurant in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine for the last 11 years, and have won numerous other awards, including Best Chef, Best Bartender, and Best Sommelier. We have a full bar, and a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Creek Yacht Club reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (65)vibrant bar scene (53)great for lunch (52)good for groups (40)notable wine list (40)hot spot (31)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- As usual the food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/3/2008As usual the food was excellent. We had a bit of trouble with our service (forgotten appetizer and slow to get entree) but usually we get quick service. The noise level is very high, but we knew that going in. Was hoping the new addition would make for quieter dining, but we were too close to the bar. Next time we'll specify the new room.Special Features:
- Normally a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2008Normally a great experience. On this occasion the food was cool and the service slow and not timely. We have been here often and this is the first unsatisfactory experienceSpecial Features:
- The food is consistently excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/2/2008The food is consistently excellent. The fish is flown in each day and is very fresh. They print a daily menu. The servers are very knowledgable, helpful and fun. We have never had a bad meal here and consider it one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- The food is always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008The food is always excellent and Manni makes the best martini!Special Features:
- I have never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008I have never had a bad meal or service. It is one of my favorite Walnut Creek restaurants!Special Features:
- We have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2008We have been here many times and appreciate the consistent high quality of the food. The seafood is consisently fresh and perfectly prepared--never overcooked. We very much appreciate the new back section which is at least away from the bar. As diners, rather than drinkers, we would welcome an even greater noise barrier. It is practically impossible to have a conversation given the loud noise from the bar, and this was on a Thursday night. We never come on the week-ends because it's just too noisy. Aside from some outstanding sushi places in the area, this is the only restaurant with truly fresh seafood, properly prepared despite whatever claims Yankee Pier makes. But-the raucous bar scene really takes away from our dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was excellent! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2008The food was excellent! The service was a little slow but definitely worth the wait. Loved the raw oysters! Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- We are probably too old forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2008We are probably too old for this restaurant -- VERY noisy. However, the waiter was friendly and the food pretty good.
- We had a great table. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2008We had a great table. It was my Mother's birthday. Everything was FANTASTIC!!!!Special Features:
- The oysters and fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2008The oysters and fresh seafood are the standouts here. I can see myself going back and enjoying a few cocktails with many a platter of the fresh fabulous oysters they serve daily. The service was swift and well informed, and the food was delightful. One thing was slightly subpar -the calamari appetizer was overcooked, which was surprising. I'd expect a seafood restaurant to have the best calamari in town.Special Features:
- I had heard great things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/23/2008I had heard great things about WCYC, but had never been. I decided to take my 3 admin assistants for admin's day- there were 4 of us. The clam chowder and desserts were excellent, but none of us were thrilled with the calamari or the fish and chips. 3 of the 4 of us order fish and chips and thought the batter was too heavy. Service was very good- fast, friendly, and helpful. I may return again for a lighter lunch or drinks, or try another seafood for dinner.
- The restaurant has expandedOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/22/2008The restaurant has expanded recently, and the presentation of the dishes, the menu and a quite a few little things have improved. Still, there is a lot more that could be done with the beautiful fish that they get. Like hire a real chef that could produce real dishes. Desserts are still abominable, and coffee service so so. Service is very good and the cocktails have improved. The restaurant pats itself on the back for its wine list, it being noted by Wine Spectator, but that is an aberation as wine service is sub par and the list limited. The owners should have a few meals at Waterbar in SF to see what can be cooked with fish. Until they hire a real chef, this will remain an OK neighborhood place and no more.Special Features:
- The food was good, but madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2008The food was good, but made me sick afterward. The Oysters I had disagreed with me and gave me a terrible case of diarrhea. I was really disappointed that the food made me sick. I was up half the night sitting on the toilet.Special Features:
- We are so happy that we foundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2008We are so happy that we found this place. I had the best prawns that I have ever had, and my wife also loved her steamed clams. Our niece had the steak, and that was awesome too. The waiter was on the spot, but didn't hover too much. This is a great place to dine, we WILL be back.Special Features:
- Waiter provided personal,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2008Waiter provided personal, patient & outstanding se. Food, while not raved about by friends of mine prior to arrival, turned out to be VERY GOOD. Wine list was very good, and reasonably priced. The only downside for the restaurant would be the person who called to confirm the reservation: she was somewhat rude and not customer service focused. Likewise, I sensed that the hostesses were truly uninterested in our presence or patronage. We were not warmly greeted, eye contact was lacking. I will call the two nicely dressed young women's attitudes to be "snooty" - not good for such a fine walnut creek establishment. I would not be surprised to learn if the person calling to confirm reservations was also hostess. All in all good evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Food is as fresh and beautifullyAroundsoundDined on 4/11/2008Food is as fresh and beautifully prepared as always but the expansion has increased the noise level tenfold, making the overall experience uncomfortable.Special Features:
- One of our favorite spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2008One of our favorite spots in Walnut Creek! Consistently excellent!Special Features:
- food was wonderful. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008food was wonderful. Would like to see a bigger selection of wines by the glass Service impeccable! Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Poor quality fish, lot ofAcedDined on 4/5/2008Poor quality fish, lot of fat and dark bitter areas. Pasta wasn't even what was described on the menu (fettucini was instead spaghetti) with a over garlic'd sauce that was no where near a carbonara. Nice service and good coctails.
- Another one of our favoriteBarbVIPDined on 4/4/2008Another one of our favorite restaurants, food is always consistent and their bartender is fabulous. Service is always great and never a bad meal. Thanks for having them on opentable!Special Features:
- The noise level at the WalnutOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/3/2008The noise level at the Walnut Creek Yacht Club Restaurant is too loud. We had a table for 4 and it was very hard to hear each other talk. This excellent Restaurant needs to reduce the "VERY HIGH" noise level since my wife said she might not want to return because of the high noise level. I also told the Manager that the restaurant noise level was too high! The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- over-priced for medicore food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008over-priced for medicore food. it seems to have slipped over the years.
- As usual, great fresh fishFreshisbestVIPDined on 3/29/2008As usual, great fresh fish selection and preparation. Service was attentive and friendly. A bit loud. One of my favorite places to dine in the "W.C."Special Features:
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008The service was terrible. We were finally served our meal an hour and 45 mins. after arriving. The waiter asked if we wanted another drink, which we did, but 45 mins. later the drinks still weren't there. We seemed to be forgotten most of the night. Two rounds of free drinks were given to make up for the poor service. I would only return to sit at the bar to be served--no reservations for us again. A bad way to spend your 50th birthday celebration.
- I liked the flexibility ofChrisDDined on 3/29/2008I liked the flexibility of the menu. You can ask for just about any of the fish dishes cooked exactly like you would like them.Special Features:
- It had been a few years sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/28/2008It had been a few years since our last visit and we were looking forward to visiting the newly renovated restaurant. Unfortunately, our experience was not one to remember and doubt if we will go back. They first seated us by the kitchen door, so we requested to be moved. The tables are so close, I felt we were sitting with the party next to us. Our waiter was good, but after asking if I wanted more water and could fix our wabbly table, neither happened. When our food arrived, we were both very disappoointed with the serving size - the Mahi Mahi was smaller than a MacDonald's filet and the Halibut not much bigger. For the price, our meals at Spenger's, Scott's and Scoma's were 10x's better! Although popular, I'll never know why.
- We love it there...and theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/24/2008We love it there...and the food just keeps getting better and better! Fresh, fresh fish done perfectly! Great bar and wonderful wine list!Special Features:
- I have eaten here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/21/2008I have eaten here many times before and enjoyed it tremendously. This time was I was disappointed in the food. Everything was very salty. The only outstanding item was the crudo plate and the other dishes were mediocre.Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/14/2008This is one of my favorite places in Walnut Creek for good seafood.Special Features:
- The menu here is really great,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/10/2008The menu here is really great, these were some of the best seafood dishes in the bay area.Special Features:
- Great place for casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2006Great place for casual dining on fresh seafood. Outstanding oyster selection. Friendly service. Food well presentedSpecial Features: