Walnut Creek Yacht Club
1555 Bonanza St.
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Walnut Creek Yacht Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.walnutcreekyachtclub.com/
- Phone: 9259443474
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: Lunch: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin Weinberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Custom menus for any size party. We also have a private patio area, which is fully enclosed and heated in cooler weather. It's great for private events all year long. Please check out our Banquet Menus on our website www.wcyc.net.
- Private Party Contact: Manager David Keane 9259443474
A word from Walnut Creek Yacht Club
Ellen McCarty and Kevin Weinberg opened the Walnut Creek Yacht Club in May of 1997 with the mission of bringing the finest and freshest from the sea to Walnut Creek. Why do we call ourselves a yacht club? Because we want to bring the atmosphere of a day on the Bay to landlocked Walnut Creek. We want our guests to feel comfortable, relaxed, and welcomed. Our décor includes many beautiful nautical touches: teak, mahogany, stainless steel, and even an authentic jib which was a gift to Kevin from the America’s Cup Defender, Alinghi. In January of 2008 we completed an extensive remodel, expanding the restaurant by twenty-five percent, and adding an oyster bar. We have been voted Best Seafood Restaurant in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine for the last 11 years, and have won numerous other awards, including Best Chef, Best Bartender, and Best Sommelier. We have a full bar, and a Wine Spectator Award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Creek Yacht Club reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (65)great for lunch (57)vibrant bar scene (54)good for groups (42)notable wine list (41)hot spot (31)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Joy of Fine Food, Drink +WaitstaffDonnieDined on 7/11/2014Reservations were made before we knew a friend was coming for drinks. To accommodate our friend they offered a larger table in the back of the restaurant for a half hour before that reserved table was to be occupied. This meant the staff had to clear the big table for us and reset it for the later reservation. Waiter:excellent and accommodating, hostesses: clever and cheerful. The staff took the discomfort away + made the best of it. This restaurant has consistent excellent food. I have died and gone to heaven twice when I order the sauteed scallops. My husband has had the fish and chips last visit and the fish tacos this time. We felt pampered. Thanks to the staff at the Yacht Club. We will be back. Yum doesn't say enough.Special Features:
- Lwhitney111Dined on 7/8/2014The food was really good, as were the drinks. We had a wonderfully attentive waitress.Special Features:
- Great LunchBelldogVIPDined on 7/8/2014WC Yacht Club has the best raw oysters around - in my opinion. The menu offers a good assortment of choices from fish tacos ($10) to halibut. And I enjoyed the clam chowder. Good energy in the both the bar and restaurant, as many people eat at the bar. Good for group meetings as well because they have a patio area as well that is covered, but offers the ability to open up in good weather with an open air environment.Special Features:
- Dinner at the CreekDonnieDined on 7/5/2014All I can say is they serve very good food here. I will return and you should give it a try. The scallops are exceptional. Great service. A little noisy, but just raise your voice up; the food is worth it.Special Features:
- FoodMaven47VIPDined on 7/5/2014the food and service was very good. The fish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great food. Excellent service. I will be returning to the restaurant soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish = Good, Veges = PoorWBC3VIPDined on 7/2/2014Had a very pleasant lunch here on Wednesday, July 2nd. The fish was very good, but unfortunately the rest of the meal was sub-par. Tough green beans were the worst I have had in years.Special Features:
- Still the best fish house in CCCortussDined on 6/30/2014Doubt if you can find any fresher fish than WCYC. I struggled with having to decide between King Salmon, Halibut and CA sea bass. Finally decided on the sea bass, which does not taste similar to the Chilean sea bass we used to be able to get. In any event, it was cooked very lightly (perhaps a bit undercooked) but tasted delicious. Others had mahi-mahi, mussels and the halibut. Raves all around the table. Prices in the mid to high $20's. Some very interesting cocktails make the small bar area quite popular.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceDTSKVIPDined on 6/27/2014We visited the Yacht Club for the first time for my birthday. They had the menu printed with all diners celebrating birthdays that day, which was a really nice touch. The menu was varied and had great selections. The meal was flavorful and beautifully presented. Our server was extremely attentive without being obtrusive; I noticed he came by several times to check on us but did not interrupt us each time. The only thing I would change would be the size of the tables...they are quite small and too close to your dining neighbor. All in all, we had a great experience and will definitely be back!
- Our Local FavoriteLoves2eatoutVIPDined on 6/27/2014We go to WCYC a couple of times a month as we enjoy the great fish and seafood. The wines by the glass are much better than you find at most restaurants. The servers are knowledgeable and friendly. It is always crowded on Friday and Saturday nights so make reservations or arrive early and eat at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time for a MakeoverChuckVIPDined on 6/26/2014We arrived at 11:30 and were served at 12:20. Thank goodness none of us had to be back to work after a one hour lunch. I don't know what they would do if the restaurant was full. The food was OK but not great (as it has been in the past). One diner told the waiter no tarter sauce just ketchup with his meal. It arrived with tarter sauce and no ketchup. I was asked if I wanted anchovies on my Caesar Salad. Even though I answered yes the salad arrived without anchovies. Everything seemed a little off. I will give them another try, since the oysters are wonderful and overall previous meals were quite good.
- Great food and serviceWishMoreDateNightsDined on 6/20/2014I love finding a good seafood place that serves an appropriate variety and quality of food - my husband had a Thai style stew and I got grilled scallops with some great sauces; amen to the polenta fries by the way. Great dessert offering, cocktails too; comfortable but still upscale environment. The service was just the right balance of friendly and professional; we weren't rushed, had some nice spacing between starters, main and dessert but didn't feel forgotten with quality busing of the table during the meal. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Three friends had recommended this place. Tried it for lunch. The food was ok, but my concern was more on the cleanlyness side. There were fruit flies swarming us, along with other various sized flies. The air conditioning vent above our table was covered in dust, which could fall onto our food. It appeared the drinks from the bar are probably what they do best. Service was great. Prices were high for the quality of food.Special Features:
- Love It!LindseyDined on 6/18/2014Seriously am always impressed by the Walnut Creek Yacht Club. Between the food, exceptional service and ambience this place is a gem! Highly recommend for special occassions and birthdays!Special Features:
- Terrific seafooddsswithnVIPDined on 6/16/2014In the heart of Walnut Creek (not near the ocean), this restaurant serves excellent seafood - from oysters to grilled local salmon.
- Always outstandingtheatreloversDined on 6/14/2014Made last minute reservations and our table was ready 5 minutes early. Outstanding food and service. Started with wine, bread and clams. Could not have been better. Just looking around at the choices that other guests had ordered, made me want to try everything, then I came back to reality and order their award winning Clam Chowder. OMG sooo good. Next came scallops and bass for the two of us. The wait staff could not have been friendlier even if they sat down to join us. We felt welcome and we can not wait to go back for another mouth watering experience before we go to the Lesher Center for a show.Special Features:
- Small portionsKillingemsoftlyDined on 6/14/2014Food was great but the small portions was off putting. My side of potatoe gratin was larger than my salmon.
- Pick anotherPickyeaterDined on 6/14/2014There are too many restaurants in walnut creek to waste your money at the yacht club. The fish ordered...which came barely warm with one side dish, was tough and the waiter tried to convince us that this was the way it was supposed to be. The manager did come and switch out the entree. A restaurant of this quality(?) should not have served this in the first place...and then to argue about it. This restaurant was a huge disappointment, and somewhat expensive considering quality, in an area filled with amazing places to eat. Our group used to frequent this restaurant quite frequently, I would not return...
- Best Seafood in town.danapanaDined on 6/6/2014Love this place. Love Moe, our fabulous server. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fish in the East BayLadywhoLunchesDined on 6/5/2014I lunch here often and am never disappointed. Service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The salads are tasty and the fish fresh and expertly prepared. And the lunch special is the best bargain in town: 2 courses for $15.Special Features:
- Always reliably excellentSherbearVIPDined on 6/3/2014Go here for the freshest fish around, the most attentive service, and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!WhitewinegirlDined on 5/31/2014I dine here with friends and this particular occasion was for a surprise birthday. The staff was fabulous and fantastic in keeping this secrete. Love the food, wine, and friendly staff. Best place in Walnut Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!LovestodineVIPDined on 5/30/2014I go to this restaurant every time I take customers to lunch in Walnut Creek. It's always great, services is always wonderful and I enjoy it so much. I would highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSherbearVIPDined on 5/27/2014WCYC is consistently good; always reliable for the freshest seafood beautifully prepared and presented, the best service, and a terrific bartender. You cannot go wrong here. A group of friends gets together on Tuesday nights for a drink, salad, oysters, and a shared dessert. Try Ellen's Strawberry Short Cake. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeLilianeDined on 5/27/2014Overall all good. One little comment on the clam chowder: a bit salty, amount of potatoes overwhelmed the clams. Otherwise everyone else was happy. Good for groups, family gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1048 reviews are from the Walnut Creek Yacht Club reviews archive.
- YUMMYanonymousDined on 5/24/2014Anniv. Dinner: Crab cakes were great! Wedge salad was large but good. Beet salad was fantastic. Blackened salmon and Jalapeno Potato Gratin were delicious. When I commented that the shrimp tasted a bit "fishy/old" in my linguini, the server immed told the mgr. I think this is a fluke since in the past, the shrimp has been fine. They offered to add a few scallops to my dish. They gave us a free Crème Brule as an anniv. treat. Great local restaurant, always busy which indicates that it's popular/good. We will def'ly return!Special Features:
- Good food but too loud and crowdedKandTDined on 5/24/2014The service was really good.We started with the crabcakes which were outstanding.I had the King Salamon with the peanut sauce and citrus scallion butter. I was assured that the peanut sauce was not spicy. It actually was incredibly spicy. Hubby had the ginger soy sesame which was also incredibly spicy, although that was not noted on the menu, but he liked it. The citrus scallion butter was awesome. . My salmon was good, not great. I also had a side of polenta fries which were incredible. We had the crème brulee which was tasty. The only complaint I have other than the spicy sauces was that the restaurant seating is way too close for comfort and one of the noisiest restaurants I have been too. Definitely not a romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousbruce09VIPDined on 5/22/2014The food at the Walnut Creek Yacht Club Is always the best. The Gumbo is terrific.I had the best Mai Tai ever!! The service is always Great. I am a loyal customer of the WCYC. Don't miss the experience of dinning there.Special Features:
- Expensive but excellentelizcaVIPDined on 5/20/2014I would not go here regularly because a simple grilled halibut was $28 and for lunch, that seems expensive. The food was, however, really excellent. It was well prepared and the sauces, which are optional, were really well done. Whole wheat bread was a bit overpowering for the other delicate flavors but was hot and wonderful on its own. Strawberry shortcake was home made and huge. It was more like a large scone with strawberries, blackberries and whipping cream. Still full from that!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerBillsMomDined on 5/15/2014We wanted a delicious way to celebrate a 94th birthday.It was greatSpecial Features:
- Did not meet expectationsdlaureDined on 5/13/2014We had an early dinner on a Tuesday night. Sat outside which was nice because there was no one else out there for the majority of our meal. Started with 2 doz. oysters, 1 doz. of which were supposed to be Kumamotos. The oysters neither looked like nor tasted like Kumamotos, so we had to wonder. All three varieties of oysters we ordered were good, but not great. The fish for the main course was all over cooked. Especially the salmon, which the server made a point of saying would be cooked medium rare. The presentation on the plate did not make up for the fish being over cooked. Next time I'm in Walnut Creek, I'll look for somewhere else to eat.
- SisuDined on 5/12/2014We had a lovely experience. The couple sitting about 10 inches away from us were charming. This was our first experience at this restaurant. We usually would have liked to have more privacy, but in this case, our conversation with the couple wedged in next to us was the highlight of the evening! The food was about B+. We would go back again, but because of the noise, I don't think we'd bring friends that we wanted to talk with. The couple on the other side of us were talking about some personal things, and I felt uneasy overhearing their conversation. Again, the food was good, but the seating arrangements a little uncomfortable. If I return, I would request, but I don't know if they would allow, only two people to have a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Mom's Day EveningCOB1VIPDined on 5/11/2014we love getting oysters here and server had good suggestions for us to try. Salmon and Swordfish always good, and a shared huge ice cream sundae....it was lovelySpecial Features:
- Awesome DinnerPickyEaterDined on 5/10/2014We have been on and off customers of this neighborhood gem. Food has always been good and very consistent, but never an awesome experience. Well, I now stand corrected. From the very first plate of food to the last bite was amazing. By far, this was our best meal at WCYC. Service was spot on, attentive without being pushy. 1. Manilla Clams w/Spanish chorizo. We could have licked the bowl if we could have but opted for dipping the crusty bread. 2. Kumamoto Oyster - If you eat oysters, then name alone says it all. 3. Iceberg Wedge - It had bacon, so there. Seriously, this was more of a savory dish than salad, which is a very good thing. 4. Main Course - Grilled Salmon and Yellowfin Tuna - both were cooked perfectly. Superb.Special Features:
- Great Food - Very Noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Really great food. Noisy, not romantic. But I'll return because of the food.Special Features:
- EaterVIPDined on 5/8/2014The prix fixe lunch was right on point. The portions were generous and the food was delicious. I will return for the prix fixe. I liked the option to order wine instead if dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foreverfoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Price fixed lunch menu was very good quality wise and an excellent value. We keep on going back to this restaurant as they have some of the best seafood around.Special Features:
- regarding our lunchoverthehillDined on 5/6/2014I was interested in the mac dish because of the lobster which is one of the main ingredients. But I was also hesitant to order because it sounded very rich, with three cheeses. I ordered it anyway and it was terribly rich. My fault.Special Features:
- Great Saturday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014Our dinner was fabulous from cocktails to food to our server. Great lots of fun and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!WCFoodieDined on 5/3/2014My favorite spot in Walnut Creek reaffirms it's place every time I dine there. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday dinner and she was blown away by the entire experience. The crab cakes rock! I ordered the scallops sauteed in garlic butter and white wine and they were absolute perfection. Even the bread is amazing at this place. The staff is always upbeat and friendly and the restaurant itself oozes with character. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.