Arcade Midtown Kitchen
303 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Arcade Midtown Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arcademk.com/
- Phone: 2103699664x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10p
Friday - Saturday Lunch 11:30a - 2p Dinner 5p - 10:30p
Sunday 10:30a - 2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Jesse Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arcade Midtown Kitchen
Located at the Historical Pearl Brewery, ARCADE Midtown Kitchen is spiced with a mix of Pearl's historic past and San Antonio's casual culinary sophistication. Something old, something mood, something borrowed, and damn good food - ARCADE is a friendly and comforting mix of re-born brewery past and boardwalk street café that takes hearty food & spirits as seriously as it takes 'taking it easy.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Arcade Midtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Arcade Midtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (73)hot spot (57)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (33)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (22)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (11)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Not worth the Priceredhat4Dined on 3/29/2014After checking out their website, the place looked promising. Upon visiting though, it fell short for the price. Our waitress was no where to be found most of the time and the food just wasn't anything special. I had a medium rib-eye and it was bland. The 3 ounces of sauce offered on the side provided the only degree of taste and unfortunately lasted for a quarter of the steak.
- First impressionLisaandStephenDined on 3/29/2014The service was excellent! The host, possible manager walking the floor was amazing. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where is the management?MvsaguyVIPDined on 3/29/2014I have dined at Aracade several times and usually have had a good experience. This time was, unfortunately, an exception. Where is the management? The food was certainly delicious, but it took 30 minutes after being seated to receive our wine order. Really. It just felt as though things were disorganized and not customer focused on this visit. Also, we dined on the patio and the area was not adequately roped off as people kept strolling though, even a kid on a bicycle!, and one couple actually wandered in and sat down, not realizing that they needed to got to front door to be seated. This logistical issue needs to be addressed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty Servive, Food Fair,JamesGuyVIPDined on 3/28/2014The service we received was uneven, our waitress was obviously out of her league with number of patrons/tables she was dealing with during the night...food, when it came was simply dropped off by various food runners with no follow up. Excellent salad, sea food was very good...our steak was served cold with cold vegetables. The noise level was off the charts! Conversation was really not possible without screaming (which many customers were doing). We did observe while we were trying to have a pepper grinder for the table, that at least 3 workers had no other job except to replace tiny oil lights that kept running dry...teach them to assist the servers and show them where the pepper grinder is hidden!Special Features:
- Definitely going back!GonzalesPartyOf4Dined on 3/28/2014Everything comes together at Arcade Midtown Kitchen, located in The Pearl Brewery in San Antonio. The atmosphere, the ambiance, the music, the cocktails, the incredible food and service. Honestly one of the best dining experiences I've had in awhile. Great spot for a fun night out with friends. You won't be disappointed! It's worth the 20 minute drive towards downtown if you live in suburbia like we do...Special Features:
- back on trackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014I went a few weeks ago and was disappointed. The food was not what I've come to expect and I didn't want to go back and spend so much money only to be served poor quality food. However, on my visit this weekend it was fabulous. Everything was delicious and well prepared and I enjoyed it as much as I've come to expect. The only thing I would ask manager is to PLEASE put purse hooks on the bathroom doors. No woman wants to put her purse on a bathroom floor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip with great food hitsPrissy55Dined on 3/22/2014Arcade is a great hip spot at the Pearl with great food! The drinks were also amazing! I loved the industrial ambience and candle-lit tables. Overall was a great dinner and great experience! Note- be sure to make a reservation :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spotVickiDined on 3/22/2014We made reservations with arcade for a special girls night out/ baby shower. Arcade was very accommodating and made our experience a wonderful one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eatHerkynavDined on 3/22/2014They have metal chairs with metal tables. Needless to say, it's not the most comfortable seating. It can get loud in there because the furniture and lack of carpeting do not absorb the sound. If you're lucky enough to get seated by the bar, then you will really notice the sounds. The drinks are tasty but on the pricey side. The food was very well prepared. Plating was nice and everything was delicious. For the price though, you would expect bigger portions. Nonetheless, it is a good place to eat and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a different experience from the riverwalk restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreHillCountryGolferDined on 3/21/2014Great service that was very knowledgeable. Too loud music soundtrack that overwhelmed and distracted from dining experience. Perhaps appropriate volume level for twenty something year olds but if Arcade wishes to continue to appeal to older than that demographic, suggest toning it down and selecting different selection than 90s grunge at volume 11. Server while great, was very quick to point out more expensive dining and wine options. for the money, I'll try other spots for food before going back, but would consider going for the bar for a drink.Special Features:
- Friday early dinner priorLindaDined on 3/21/2014Friday early dinner prior to a concert was my second time at Arcade. My salmon was really good, perfectly cooked, nicely presented, salad was large and very satisfying. The hostess was pleasant, and we were seated immediately, food arrived very quickly....main course actually arrived when i was only halfway through the first course, and our waitress asked me 6 times if she couldn't remove my main course plate, which was obviously only half consumed and I was holding the fork in my hand and chewing. Since we were seated for only one hour, I don't think they need to push their clientele quite that much, no matter how many tips she wants to accumulate turing her shift.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Rumors Were TrueRickyb18Dined on 3/20/2014All the wonderful things I have heard about this place were true and not exaggeration. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/18/2014Food and service is good. But it's too noisy to enjoy it or to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond expectation!LizzieDined on 3/14/2014Dined on 3/15/14. When I made reservation via Open Table, I commented that it was a special 60th birthday & we had Australian visitors. Upon arrival, we were greeted by name, our Aussie guests welcomed and we were seated at the chef's table. Service excellent, if not effusive, very good food. A large slice of red velvet, with a candle, was presented to our birthday member. Would recommend to anyone looking for new & interesting place to enjoy.Special Features:
- large party poor serviceainsiDined on 3/13/2014I am a regular customer. Booked for 9 midweek expecting a festive time and ready to give a generous tip. Table was late and setvice equally tardy and begrudging. Will think again before entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too badararDined on 3/12/2014Though I had a reservation and had called to confirm the time, I still had to wait 20 minutes. Once seated we were put at the table in front of the bar where we couldn't hear each other and kept getting bumped into. She asked to be reseated and she was given a line about some big group. I got up and asked the question again and finally we were re-seated. Food was OK. The worst part was seeing a waiter in the restroom not wash his hands (the guy that brought my food out). Low class experience indeed!Special Features:
- Of all the great choices atWalterDined on 3/11/2014Of all the great choices at the Pearl, this was not my favorite. Good, but not WOW!
- Awesome but loudBeeGeeDined on 3/8/2014Awesome restaurant with great food, really loud though, not for a date or a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entirely tasty!outandaboutDined on 3/8/2014Love the retro cocktails, love the menu...Arcade is delish and fun and lively, but don't go if you're craving a intimate tete-a tete....it's stylish, fun, and tasty, but there's not a textile in sight to absorb sound...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love, Love, Love ItAlliDined on 3/1/2014Have been here multiple times and always a great experience. Waiters are great!Special Features:
- Good food. Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014The food was really good, but the waitstaff is slow. I probably won't go back.
- disappointinglasirenarojaDined on 2/23/2014I have heard so much chatter about Arcade and was excited to go for Sunday brunch with a small group of women (all serious foodies) to celebrate a birthday. The server was slow and unfriendly. It took 30 minutes to get coffee. He had no suggestions or ability to communicate about the food or the cocktails. I ordered a steak rare and it came out charred on the outside and with no pink on the inside. Nothing that we ordered was bad. It was just not good. Among 6 of us, not one of us had a dish that stood out. The nicest person and most professional person we dealt with was the male host. I will not be returning and I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Service was fantastic! AskMishaDined on 2/22/2014Service was fantastic! Ask for Micah (pronounced Mike-ah). She was very pleasant, patient and accommodating. More lighting (candles) on each table is necessary in order to read the menus--for those of us whose eyesight wanes. Really loud environment--not enough surrounding sound absorption for people to actively engage in conversation, beyond smiling and nodding and looking good. Cocktails were outstanding. The food was very good. The appetizers in particular were intriguing. Side dishes were heavy in garlic.Special Features:
- not up to my expectaionsscalloploverDined on 2/22/2014I was disappointed from the beginning when we ordered wine by the glass($11-12), and it was the smallest pour I think we have ever had. it made us not want to order another glass. We shared a lobster taco appetizer which was good but not amazing. I love scallops and had read about their scallop dish, and it was good, but a bit rich and monotonous. We were not offered bread, and after I noticed other tables had it and i requested it, it came at the end of our meal. Also my salad plate/bowl had a chip on it, which didn't help my opinion of our dining experience. Over all the restaurant has a nice ambiance and the food was fairly good, but for nearly $100 for dinner, we more than likely will not return.Special Features:
- Excellent food but noise intolerablLocaldDined on 2/20/2014The noise level was almost intolerable. Screaming patrons and the sound system was even louder. The f'od is superb. I returned my first drink as it was not what I ordered. The second drink wasn't either. I finally ordered a merlot. Others drink orders were satisfactory. We really enjoy the food. Would enjoy going back, but have to consider the audio punishment. Really a shame.Special Features:
- Great dinner.Penguin92VIPDined on 2/20/2014We took friends for their first time to arcade. Everything was wonderful. Scallops were great. Steak cooked correctly and very good. Dessert just the right size and wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to the PearlFiveForksDined on 2/13/2014We'll have to return to sample more items from the lunch menu, but you can't go wrong with this excellent group in the kitchen. Dinners are outstanding. Everything sounded enticing with ample portions so large that we took leftovers to savor later. Salad dressings were "in-house" creations that had perfect balance. Flatbread pizzas are always a favorite here and desserts are not to be missed. Wait staff is friendly without being intrusive. The only downside is the absence of sound absorbing materials to manage the noise level. The decor is fun but not conducive to conversations at normal voice volumes. Of course the cocktails are also not to be missed so that adds to the "energy" level too. Good times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Noisyartchooser64Dined on 2/8/2014Upside: things were hopping. Downside: that made it REALLY noisy. Too noisy, in fact, to hear our waiter or my dinner partner. My ears were ringing when we left. It's nobody's fault, just a lot of hard surfaces and a lot of people. The food was wonderful and the setting really cool, but it was just too loud.
- Dined as a group, and everythingLilBitDined on 2/8/2014Dined as a group, and everything was excellent! Great atmosphere, phenomenal food from the appetizers through to dessert! The drinks were incredible as well. Thank you for the wonderful service, especially to Mikah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks!PuraJediDined on 2/7/2014Loved the cocktails! Superb! Will return for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flatbreadyummytummyDined on 2/1/2014The mushroom and goat cheese flatbread was delicious! We had slow service but overall the experience was positive.Special Features:
- Waiting to go to the ArcadeTexanDined on 2/1/2014We had been waiting to go to the Arcade for a while. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was a little disappointed. The appetizers were good and fun. However, my entree, the scallops, was very spicey. I like spicey, but it was a little too hot and caused my face to sweat. The dessert of the choc cake was a favorable ending. I want to go back for dessert.Special Features:
- Great food and fun atmosphere!mkm13Dined on 1/31/2014We ordered apps and everything including the cocktails was wonderful! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ProjectGuyDined on 1/28/2014Great food. The scallops are exceptional! The drinks were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable meal made memorableAK32VIPDined on 1/25/2014My wife and I were visiting San Antonio and booked a reservation at this restaurant. We noticed people's comments about the lackluster service and wait times and, indeed, we waited a half hour for our 8:30pm reservations. However, the manager, Jennifer, quickly came over to our table and graciously offered to discuss the menu and take our order. She was knowledgeable, helpful and made great recommendations. My wife had the lobster taco (delicious) and the scallops (also delicious). I started with the calamari and had the night's special (a slightly over done sea bass but flavorful). The meal was elevated overall by Jennifer's guidance with cocktail and wine pairings. This is a manager who understands what a dining experience should be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dining Experiencecas29726Dined on 1/25/2014This was my fifth time to the Arcade since it's opening nearly a year ago. It was another fantastic meal that everyone in my party enjoyed. I had the Argentine rub New York strip which was prepared to perfection and melted like butter in my mouth. Our service was outstanding and our waiter gave us all recommendation on wine, beer, and cocktails to complement our meals. Definitely a happening restaurant which puts you in the heart of the Pearl campus in San Antonio. Another great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food but a Little DarkEATinSATDined on 1/25/2014The ambience was a little too dark (hard to see your food or the menu) but the food was all delicious. We were all very pleased with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finding its PlacesanchopansonDined on 1/24/2014Secured early evening reservations. Arrived 5 minutes prior to scheduled time but the three people at the host/hostess stand took a while to figure out where were to be seated even though there were numerous empty tables and no one else was waiting. Once seated things went a lot more smoothly. Our waitress was prompt and attentive but overworked as she had numerous tables she was responsible for. The food was very good - ordered were the sea scallops, a New York strip (more like a slab), shrimp/beans (tastier than it sounds), and salmon. Also ordered were sides of New Mexican Chile Mashers, grilled asparagus, roasted brussel sprouts. All the food was seasoned well, fresh and served hot. Only one drink was ordered and the tab was $150.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food!tamfreeDined on 1/22/2014I have been to Arcade Midtown Kitchen several times. Lunch, Brunch, Dinner... is doesn't matter when you go, the food is always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner, not for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014I have been there for dinner a few times and was always impressed by the food and service. Not so for brunch. Limited menu. Horrible service. Food was just ok. And no children's menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.