1546 15th Ave
Seattle, WA 98107Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ethanstowellrestaurants.com/barcotto/
- Phone: 2068388081x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Zach Chambers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Bar Cotto
Bar Cotto is a Parma-style salumeria and cocktail bar with pizza, Italian vegetables, bruschetta and a daily selection of local and international cured meats. Stop in for a snack and a cocktail or stay for a whole meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Cotto reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- fabulous mealmarvinDined on 11/2/2013perfect local spot for a great moderate priced meal. service was fantastic .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian EatsVinessDined on 8/18/2013I came here in a party of 4 and we waited about 10 minutes before being seated. We had a reservation, but the place is small so it took a little bit of time to clear an area for our little group. The food is fantastic! We shared a plate of salumi that you can curate yourself from their list of available meats or your waiter is happy to surprise you with a selection. We had to have the torta fritta with the meats and they were airy and delicious. After that we shared two different bruschettas (Pork belly with onion mostarda, Carne cruda with arugular) and a salad (Marinated squash and farro salad with pickled red onion, soft cooked egg) which was the groups favorite part of the meal! The pizzas were good, but not as amazing as the apps.Special Features:
- Bar CottojulieDined on 8/12/2013The menu was interesting. I was dining with a friend who does not drink or eat pork, and we still managed to find some excellent menu items to try. Everything was tasty, and the waitress was very attentive. I have tried most all of Ethan Stowell's restaurants. I find them to be interesting and reliably excellent in terms of the food. Noise levels are often too high for me, but that is a common issue these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2013The presentation and taste of every dish we ordered - from the salumi tray with torta frittas to the escarole salad, salsiccia and parma pizzas, and, lastly, the tasty frozen yogurt with goat's milk. Our party of four was blown away by our experience there. The service was attentive but not intrusive; we were never wanting of anything. We were given time to relax and enjoy ourselves especially because this was a farewell party, of sorts.Special Features:
- Liked the menu, loved the food!FelixDined on 8/5/2013Visiting Seattle we were looking for a place on our neighbourhood with an interesting menu and reasonable prices. We loved the food and service at Bar Cotto. We began with 2 of the imaginative verduras: heirloom tomatoes and roasted fennel, as well as a generous helping from their salumi menu. We followed these with a delicious funghi pizza. The servers were friendly, helpful and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have now tried a few placesRomaDined on 8/3/2013I have now tried a few places in Seattle with Italian food and I grew up in Rome - this was not very good at all. Pizza was below average as were other items. I am increasingly disappointed with Ethan Stowell restaurants - have now tried all of them and although some of them have a promising start, they tend to fizzle.
- Second visit!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/6/2013This was our second experience at Bar Cotta. The food was good again, however service this time was not up to par. Restaurant was not that busy, but it took awhile for our drinks to arrive and the energy level of everyone there seemed low. Bar Cotta just didn't have the spark it had on our first visit!I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2013The bartender is a magician... fantastic cocktails.Special Features:
- Excellent Food Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2013We've eaten here about 3 times since it recently opened. Every time, we've had a wonderful experience. I highly recommend the Saliciccia Pizza and the Little Margaret cocktail! Best pizza on the hill.Special Features:
- Capital Hill Gem!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2013Amazing charcuterie and pizza! Wonderful service. Seriously, try the torta fritta. So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great staffWombatDined on 6/15/2013There are many things on the menu in Italian, and if you don't happen to speak Italian could be slightly mysterious. The staff is incredible about helping with all of that and making suggestions that turn out to be truly delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Wonderful peoplebobwseattleVIPDined on 5/28/2013This was our second visit and as with the first our eperience was excellent. This trip we had three meat eaters and one vegetarian and all of us had wonderful food served very professionally be the team at Bar Cotto, The charcuterie was superb and the pizza's too. The Funghi pizza was great for our vegetarian but everyone had a teast one slice because it looked and smelled so yummy. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2013I'm not a big pizza person, but the food here was wonderful. The asparagus farro dish was fresh and full of flavor. The carrot dish had a really good nuttiness to the pesto. And the crust of the pizza was quite possibly the best I've ever had. Service was very friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Meat Lovers onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2013We love Ethan Stowell's restaurants for the ambiance, service and food. We decided to try this place after seeing menu online. I prefer a heavily veggie menu, and at the top of the menu is Verdure. I was disappointed to find that these are the only vegetable-heavy items on the menu! The portions of Verdure items were tiny, but all the Carne items are huge portions. My husband, and all Big Carnivores, will LOVE this menu. That said, everything else about this place is wonderful: service, wine, ambiance, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time's a charm?HeynowDined on 5/8/2013After two failed experiences at other Ethan Stowell properties, I am pleased to report that our experience at Bar Cotto represented a marked improvement. Very nice salumeria, a touch on the expensive side, but nice food and ambiance. Service was slow, however.Special Features:
- Girls Night Out!JoeJoeDined on 4/25/2013Good food but tables are too small for their serving platters...Special Features:
- Worth the extra effort to findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2013My GPS would not recognize the address and the signage can be tough to see in the dark but we got there. Extremely pleasant staff, a salumi menu that is ridiculously good, and pizza with an amazing crust make this cozy place well worth the search.Special Features:
- Everything we had was veryabroad86VIPDined on 4/6/2013Everything we had was very good. We ordered a selection of 3 meats and had the chef's choice, all very good selections. We then shared the Bufula pizza, which was also very good. This place serves up italian comfort food. One of the rare places in Seattle that you get both good service and good food.Special Features:
- Pizza could use more flavorjeffDined on 4/2/2013The three kinds of salumi we ordered was amazing however the pizza left a little to be desired.Special Features:
- Great pizza (crust was tremendous)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2013Great pizza (crust was tremendous) and house-made charcuterie.Special Features: