Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
5223 Orient Rd
Tampa, FL 33610Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com/tampa-restaurants/co
- Phone: 8136277625
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Wine
- Entertainment: The Council Oak Lounge offers live entertainment seven days a week and has a full bar and relaxing atmosphere.
A word from Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa
Council Oak Steaks & Seafood is Tampa's number one destination for prime steaks, fresh seafood and an award winning wine list served in a contemporary upscale atmosphere. In the mood for steak? How about a 100% U.S.D.A. prime? All dry aged 21 to 28 days, cut right in our very own on-site butcher shop. If you're feeling like seafood, you can sample any one of our fresh fish, line-caught right here in Florida. Our Alaskan King Crab legs are right from the Bering Sea and our custom saltwater tanks keep the live Maine lobsters fresh. Complement your meal with a visit to the Council Oak Lounge where you can listen to live entertainment nightly, enjoy our Lounge menu and our superb specialty drink list or a fine cigar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (63)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (38)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- 15yr Wedding AnniversaryGazzaDined on 6/26/2014Absolutely loved the food the waiter the service and the atmosphere and this was the 1st time here and also live in Tampa but will make this place a regular place to eat at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AstonishedMHBlizzDined on 6/23/2014I've been to this restaurant a numerous times and this last visit was the worst. The service was extremely slow, another waitress had to step in half way through the visit to take care of us being that 45 minutes had gone by and our glasses were empty, the appetizer dishes were still at our table and no food was out. Once the food came out, it was cold and the lobster butter they usually serve was just regular melted butter that looked more like oil. As we were finishing the meal, our waitress showed up with our cocktails and our bill. If I ever choose to eat there again, it definitely will not be with this waitress and will not order the lobster at all unless the butter they used to have comes back.Special Features:
- The following 328 reviews are from the Council Oak Steakhouse - Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa reviews archive.
- Great FoodFroggyDined on 6/21/2014The food was very well prepared and had great taste. But for what your paying it needs to be more quiet inside. It was extremely loud inside to where the servers could not hear the guests very well.
- DisappointedBadtasteinmymouthDined on 6/21/2014We had terrible service due to the kitchen not the server. Then the manager didn't care about our issues. WE WON'T BE GOING BACK!!!!Special Features:
- Council OakScotny7Dined on 6/21/2014The steak was outrageously good, the rest of the experience left me feeling less than enthusiastic. Dinner for 4 was about $280.00, not too bad. The wait service left a little to be desired. I don't expect someone to be at my beck and call but I do expect a waitress to come by more than 3 times (2 of those we had to ask for her) in an hour. I sat with an empty glass twice for more than 15 minutes each time. The noise level was club loud and took away from the taste of the meal. With all of the pre meal recommendations that people gave me, I was expecting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Lovely Evening but...TravelingFoodieDined on 6/20/2014Reliable and lovely food as well as a bustling ambiance. Louder than I would like so be sure to get a booth! The high backs muffle the noise. Only dig is that they can not "pare down" the food for kids. My kids are total foodie and know what they like so when one ordered Mac and cheese without lobster and fries without truffle oil the waiter seemed rattled and in the end they did not accommodate. I do not expect that from fine dining. It was the a ame with gluten free substitutions. My husband was told to just not eat the bread. It was a bit surprising to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBillDined on 6/19/2014The portions were generous and the quality superb. Will be going back sooner rather than laterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was superb, Service was poor.Mjhome2Dined on 6/17/2014Made reservation to celebrate a birthday...For a Tuesday evening at 7:30, service was lackluster...Beverage service was poor...Fifty minute wait for dinner & it was not busy. Had Filet and was cooked perfect. The table next to ours received a birthday cupcake with a candle and my girlfriend thought she was going to get one too...I did not complain, but it really bothered me since I made a special request in my reservation.Special Features:
- Not consistent...ShaneDined on 6/15/2014I have ate there at least 10 times and I must say that its "Not consistent". 5 meals have been 5 stars and the other 5 have been "ok"! for the money it cost they should ALL be 5 stars!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerRudyPDined on 6/14/2014The food and the service were outstanding. Watching the kitchen work is very interesting. The only downside was the noise level, saying it was "energetic" is really a stretch. We were also very pleased to note we were shielded very well from all the cigarette smoke on the casino floor. We really enjoyed the complimentary slice birthday cake, it was unexpected. We will definitely consider a return.Special Features:
- Thank you!love2dineDined on 6/14/2014I have made my reservation for four people first, and we wanted to invite two more people. Considering Father's day weekend, it was almost impossible, but management helped and figured out a way so we were able to have a nice, exclusive dinner with our friends and family. Our request was also granted, we asked Eric to serve us. He is very courteous, friendly, funny, and very professional! We appreciate his friendliness and hard work! Fine restaurant, excellent food, nice atmosphere!Special Features:
- lwmoeDined on 6/7/2014I have taken clients to dinner here several times and each time I have received exceptional service and the food has been impeccable. It is a true gem for the Hard Rock and I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annieDined on 6/6/2014definitely upscale fine dining noise level is loud had a hard time hearing our soft spoken serverSpecial Features:
- CarefulDisappointedDined on 6/6/2014Ordered a special bone in Kansas City New York Strip steak, but failed to ask the price. HUGE mistake. It was $100. That's not a mistake; ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! Completely improper that they didn't explain the cost. Would never have ordered it. I don't think there is a steak anywhere that's worth $100. My wife had a 9oz. Filet thy was $38 and much better than mine. Be careful and ask for the price on everything.Special Features:
- Good Food, Unwelcome ReceptionSunnyBellDined on 6/3/2014Reservation @7 made, reconfirmed x2. Arrived 6 min early. Greeted by 2 front desk ladies. Gave name and time of reservation. No response. Stared @computer screen. Finally, one said rudely "Do you have a reservation or not?" Answered Yes and said made res and confirmed it x2. Rude response: Well, then give me your name so I can find it. Shouted my name again above the pounding rock music. Rudely, condescendingly responded: Well, I am trying to find a place to seat you since you are early. I said that I thought that was the point of a res and it was now 7. She again rudely said Give me a moment. I had given her a bunch. I was furious & it was my birthday. Finally seated. Server, Karen and assistant Samuel were fantastic. Food was very good.Special Features:
- SBTampaDined on 5/31/2014We have been there many times-the food NEVER disappoints. Service is normally TERRIFIC..but our main server (Angie) was somewhat unattentive. Additionally, I have always recieved a 10% Elite discount but did not recieve this time...I did not like the inconsistency and the way it was handled. I think it was a one off. I will continue to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery DinnerAnniverseryDinnerDined on 5/30/2014The food and service were excellent. I was so impressed, our daughter and I dined there twice in one week. We enjoyed our dinner so much, it appeared to be a no-brainer to dine there a third time and bring my husband there for our anniversary.Special Features:
- First time dinersWorkingtowards21Dined on 5/30/2014We recently celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at the Council Oak. The ribeye was one of the best I ever had. The shrimp cocktail, chopped salad, French onion soup and dauphinoise potatos were wonderful. Even the bread, goat cheese and sundried tomato spread were extremely tasty. We were seated at the exact time that our reservation was made for and our waitress was helpful and friendly. The prices are far more expensive than what we can normally afford to go to dinner, but for a special occasion, it was well worth the expense. We would definitely go there again for our next, special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Service!!KMW2014Dined on 5/25/2014One of if not the best steak I have ever had! A great dining experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014Wonderful environment , we were seated by the kitchen windows , where you can see as they are cooking the steaks. Food was amazing, great steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerForesterDined on 5/22/2014Excellent in everyway. My wife and I celebrated here last night and were very satisfied. Our server was attentive and picked up on the birthday and a surprise dessert was served with our coffee we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Once Again!iross1981Dined on 5/18/2014I'm a steak snob. Wherever I go, I want the best steak in town. After repeated trips to council oak, I have no doubts that this place is going to serve you the best steak around. This time I ordered the 40 day dry aged New York strip and it was absolutely phenominal. Our server Eva was top notch all the way and we couldn't have been happier with the service. For dessert we ordered the creme brulee and the chocolate cake and ice cream which we barely saved enough room to put a dent in. Love everything about this place and will certainly go back as often as possible. Skip Bern's, Fleming's, or Ruth's Chris and check this place out. You wont be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noel and natalienoelsreviewDined on 5/17/2014We always come here for special occasions, one of Tampas best,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit on 5/12/14sawkenDined on 5/12/2014great food and service. restaurant was too cold. hard for me to be cold but I was absolutely freezing. Smaller tables situated directly under air vents.Special Features:
- Does not disappointDMichaelCooperDined on 5/12/2014Yet another great experience. Excellent food, excellent service, great atmosphere. As with most fine dining establishments some of the staff can be a bit uppity at times, but it doesn't hurt the overall experience, and its never the head waiter either. You are most certainly getting your money's worth at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding surf and turf.ImpressedDined on 5/10/2014Or first time. We both had the Surf and Turf. We are both world travelers. Even before we met. My wife has fine dined for many years. We both agreed. The best filet we've ever had. And the South African lobster, best lobster we've ever had. And a nice size. The sides were generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldDined on 5/10/2014The food and service was very good. Price a bit high but not that bad. My only complaint it was really loud in there..Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerEdKiDined on 5/10/2014We went there for Mothers Day and it was the perfect choice. The food - especially the steaks were top notch. We look forward to our next visit there.Special Features:
- Great SteaksBigSteakEaterDined on 5/9/2014Better than Berne's Steakhouse for filet mignon and porterhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hermann's reviewHermannDined on 5/9/2014Great food in good setting. Enjoyed open view of "nothing to hide" kitchen/food prep area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dry lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Special occasion. Mothers day and birthday. Ordered twin lobster tails steamed. They were both dry. They replaced them with sautéed tails which were very good at $65 just for tails they should be good .Special Features:
- Council Oak was great1life2liveDined on 5/7/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed our first year anniversary there! Food was great! Strongly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomekkolloDined on 5/6/2014Went here for the first time and was blown away. Everything we had was off the chart good. Its up there on price but its above average on what you get compared to other high end steakhouses in the area. Loved it and will be going back every chance I get.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner. Thank you and I have absolutely nothing else to say or typeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuvtoeatDined on 5/3/2014The food was phenomenal, wait staff was 1st class, wine list was great, ambience was very nice, had an amazing steak probably one oF the top 3 ever. I would definitely suggest this to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAS our favorite place!MicBVIPDined on 5/3/2014It is unfortunate that we can no longer frequent this restaurant. It was so cold when we were there that we had to dine with our jackets on! As well as other people in the dining room! We could not enjoy our meal due to the room being so chilly. We WERE frequent diners at this place and have never experienced this before....even our favorite waiters/servers thought it was too cold. No management addressed it, unfortunately. The food is great, yet you won't enjoy it due to the temperature of the place!! We ate faster than ever so we could leave quickly!!!
- Fine Dining at CouncilBaronDined on 5/3/2014The food is great, the staff is greater, and the combination of restaurant, lounge restaurant, and cigars available says it all for me. I enjoy it once to twice a week. Especially enjoy all the staff up front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/2/2014I had business associates in town so I thought it would be great to bring them to the casino. If dinner was solely about food I would've rather brought them to Berns or Charlie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect AnniversaryBobWDined on 5/2/2014Food was absolutely incredible! Who would think Bacon could be that awesome!!!!!! Made our anniversary a great one to remember!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014We were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and wanted to go someplace special. We've noticed Council Oaks every time we went to Hard Rock, so we decided to try it. BEST DECISION EVER!! The food was amazing and the service was superb. Richard made us feel like family and the food was to die for! We are so excited about going back and bringing friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.