634 N. York Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistroalbertino.com/
- Phone: 2677817229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Agron Hajdari (Goni)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer off site corporate or large party catering, setup, delivery, and servers provided if required. We also offer catering for pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a privet dining area that can accommodate up to 40 people, also on Sunday we offer the all restaurant for a privet party that can accommodate up to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Eri 2673933599
A word from Bistro Albertino
Bistro Albertino is a chef owned restaurant where chef Goni decided to bring his European experience in Willow Grove and areas surrounding it. At Bistro Albertino you will find from homemade pastas and cheese to tender veal and chicken, from traditional dishes to contemporary dishes. You will feel welcome soon as you walk in, with the enthusiastic front of the house staff will accompany you to your experience with us. We accommodate children as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bistro Albertino - Best Restaurants in Willow Grove ›
Bistro Albertino reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (14)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Somewhat of a disappointmentAndyeDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I tried Albertino on the recommendation of a co-worker who is a foodie. I was disappointed by the server who seemed harried and distracted. I requested the grilled romaine salad which I wanted with balsamic instead of the creamy parmesan dressing. She looked at me and said, "Really, you want it that way. Well, if you don't like it the chef won't take it back." What kind of remark is this? I ordered a pasta dish with paccheri, and the pasta was WAY underdone. This was not al dente, it was undercooked and hard. I don'e think I'll be going back
- Bistro Albertino - what a find!aba1964Dined on 9/27/2013This was our first time at Bistro Albertino - but it won't be our last! Don't let the unassuming outside full you - inside it is a lovely little restaurant with friendly service and absolutely outstanding food. We took some friends who have very expensive taste and they were totally impressed that the food measured up, even though the price is very reasonable! At the end of the meal, we all agreed that it was one of the very best dining experiences we had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very clean and comfortable. excellelunchlovrDined on 9/26/2013very clean and comfortable. excellent food very conducive atmoshere for a business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly atmosphereSabrinadrvrDined on 9/20/2013My friend and I were looking for a place to dine mid-way between her home in NJ and mine in Delaware County so we looked to Willow Grove. Bistro Albertino fit the bill. It is so unassuming outside but we were delighted with the wonderful service and the excellent food. We did not realize it is a BYOB, and since it was our first visit we were offered a complimentary glass of wine. The menu offers diverse choices that challenged me to step outside my comfort zone and I was amply rewarded. I will recommend to friends in the area and definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lilttle Gem In Willow GrovesusfratDined on 8/29/2013My friend and I went to lunch based on great reviews by Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the Mussels and Risotto were to die for. And the chocolate mousse with the orange cello was absolutely the best. The owner, chef, waiter was wonderful. I would highly recommend and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodwhiteflowerVIPDined on 8/26/2013We've eaten here several times and the food is always excellent. Great fish and pasta. Glad to have such a good restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our first visit, nor ourfussyeaterDined on 8/26/2013Not our first visit, nor our last. Birthday dinner. Excellent grilled calamari and mussels. Original fish order was not quite fresh -- restaurant apologized (supplier problem), no problem to order something else (grilled bronzino), which was perfectly fresh and well prepared. Also excellent sauteed spinach with garlic -- not fancy but very well done. Dessert was the best cannoli we can recall having -- light filling with a slight lemon flavor. And complimentary limoncello at the end. Prices are very reasonable. Highly recommend this restaurant. Disregard the old, negative reviews on Yelp. For some reason, positive reviews (of which at least 2 have been submitted) seem to have disappeared from that site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Wonderful food, our waiter made great suggestions and very attentive without being a nuisance...loved the BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013Love finding a great neighborhood restaurant that has quality & fabulous tasting food . It was our first time there & we were celebrating my Mom's Birthday ... I would definately come back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice secretBigGuyDined on 8/14/2013Really enjoyed the meal. Never felt rushed. Chicken parm was very good. We didn't leave room for dessert. Look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food out of this world!NomieKnowsVIPDined on 8/13/2013What a wonderful surprise to find this charming eatery with the unassuming facade. We drove past it, but fortunately we did turn back. Everything about our dining experience was superb! We were entertaining a friend from AZ, and our expectations were strictly based on previous reviews, so I was a bit nervous, but as soon as we were greeted, I knew it was going to be fine. And it was! From the mussels appetizer to the tiramisu finale, everything was prepared perfectly. This is now on my permanent list of places to go for a reliable meal,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYOBHappy2dineDined on 8/12/2013Service, food, ambiance all too good to be true! Homemade desserts were yummy. Owned by two brothers, they went out of their way to make us feel at home. This place is a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and no rush serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2013Tried out Bistro Albertino after reading great food reviews online and it lived up to the reviews. Our party of four enjoyed our salads, entrees and desserts. Pasta done perfectly, great tomato sauce and delicious tiramusu!. While others mentioned slow service, we enjoyed not feeling rushed by our pleasant, polite and accommodating waiter. Only negative comments was that the bread was toasted and a little stale tasting and was not up to par with the rest of the meal. Also, the place is very noisy when even half full, and it was sometimes hard to hear others in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findwhiteflowerVIPDined on 8/9/2013This is a favorite neighborhood restaurant with very good food and great service. My favorite dish is the seafood and pasta with either red or white sauce. I love the white sauce which is thin and flavorful, not thick and goopy. The seafood is cooked perfectly. The arugula salad has a lovely dressing. It's a byob and everything is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!AlibabaDined on 8/1/2013This place is amazing. The mushroom risotto was as good as any risotto I have eaten in Italy. The grilled calamari was moist, flavorful and cooked perfectly. They serve a basil pesto and sun dried tomato pesto combined with bread. This was also delicious on the whole grilled Bronzino we ordered. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We couldn't have asked forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2013We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Service was friendly and the food was outstanding. The homemade pastas were delicious as were the desserts, especially the tira misu. The complementary homemade orangecello was the perfect end to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Focus on the Food!FredDined on 7/23/2013This is a small, unassuming BYOB with truly exemplary dishes.Special Features:
- Fabulous Find for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2013We dined at Bistro Albertino for the third time in less than 3 weeks and found the food and service to be consistently outstanding. We dine almost exclusively at BYOB restaurants so that we can enjoy wine from our cellar without the ridiculous mark ups charged in restaurants with liquor licenses. Bistro Albertino not only has a nice variety on their regular menu, but they feature specials that have changed each time we dined there in a 3 week period and were fresh and delicious. The service is friendly and professional. The restaurant is clean, though the decor is nothing special and lacks a bit of ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findDocmelDined on 7/13/2013Neighborhood restaurant. Very good food, nice atmosphere. Have gone twice, and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great!CMD1VIPDined on 7/8/2013we have never been disappointed with our food choices!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday - Group of 7OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2013We went here for a birthday a couple nights ago. From the outside, the place does not look like anything special; however, inside the restaurant has ambiance and an Italian feel. We went on a Monday night and were one of only two parties in the restaurant. The service was good, a little slow, but I expect that with "home cooked Italian food." Food was really tasty! We finished the meal with some complimentary shots of Limencello and a couple (paid for) desserts that also received positive reviews from the group. Overall, the outside looks pretty shabby and I'm unsure about what service would be like if there were more people dining in the restaurant, but our experience was great and we'd go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant1stTmerDined on 7/6/2013This was a very nice restaurant. Portions were not large but delicious we would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDocmelDined on 7/5/2013From outside, doesn't look like much, but really neighborhood find. Food outstanding, service really fine. 6 of us, all would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try!!LuvsBeachDined on 6/15/2013Traveling from TN for a special birthday and to view a family historic house in Philadelphia. The food and special things they make this restaurant a 'must try' for anyone looking for authentic Italian food. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time at BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/15/2013It was our first time at Bistro Albertino's. I saw the reviews on open table and thought we'd give it a try. The food was good. Service was a little slow. It looked like there were only two servers for the restaurant, which was not enough. Everyone was friendly and welcoming.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't usually bother withfussyeaterDined on 6/12/2013Don't usually bother with reviews, but this is worth an exception. Dinner for party of 5 (including a 3 yr old). Very enjoyable experience. They accommodated the child nicely. The food for the adults was very tasty and very well prepared and presented. The desserts were outstanding -- a touch of limoncello in a very light cannoli filling was unique, remarkable, and much enjoyed. Add in the reasonable prices and the fact that it's byob, and it's clearly a winner. Interesting touch: if you don't finish your wine, they'll store it so you can have it on your next visit. All in all, this looks like a real gem and we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, surprise, surprise!JohnDined on 6/10/2013Very inauspicious location. Great food if you love Italian specialties, and who doesn't? Mostly Southern Italy, but some Italo-American and Northern Italian. Much much more than a red gravy stop. Every aspect of this place is done well and with care to detail. Prices are reasonable, meaning that when you factor in the quality, the value is astronomical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - slow servicewhiteflowerVIPDined on 6/8/2013The restaurant is nothing to look at, but the food is really good. My arugula salad was delicious and the pasta with seafood in a white wine sauce was the best that I have had. We made reservations on our way to the restaurant but had to wait about 45 minutes for a table. It was a Saturday night and they were packed. There were so many people waiting ahead of us. It's a BYO which we love and they opened our bottle while we were waiting, which helped. Our waiter was extremely pleasant and as attentive as he could be while juggling all of his tables. We will definitely go back on a week night. It is not fair to judge a restaurant on a Saturday night. But our food was wonderful and everything that came out of the kitchen looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2013Although somewhat smaller than other restaurants, this one makes sure your palate is totally satisfied, with delicious desserts to boot. Definitely worth a repeat performance.Special Features:
- VERY NICE EXPEREANCEOPSGUYDined on 5/29/2013TOOK MY WIFE THERE FOR HER BIRTHDAY. WE HAVE BEEN TO MANY LOCAL "SPOTS" TO MANY TO NAME AND WHATED SOMETHING NEW. FOUND ALBERTINO'S ON TRIPADVISOR. FOUND IT VERY NICE AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS! AND WILL GO BACK AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!PaulaVIPDined on 5/24/2013Highly recommend for great food and BYOB. Enjoyed the fish specials, which were very flavorful and moist. Owners are joyful and fully engaged in the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just O KDanDVIPDined on 5/24/2013I thought this restaurant was good. Not very good or great...... just good. I thought the prices were a little high and the portions were a bit on the small side. All in all , I would not return, too many others of better value.
- Great as always!CMD1VIPDined on 5/18/2013we have been back three times now with different people...they all love it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013We had a great meal at Bistro Albertino. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I will recommend this restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/15/2013The food and service here were wonderful. I loved the Penne Alla Vodka which had pancetta. My husband ordered a special fish dish that was fileted at the table.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2013We hope this gem is successful! Sunday was our second visit and was as spectacular as the first. VERRRRRY good food! Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. We hope to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013a mother's day RSVP: not crowded, excellent food and service. The grilled calamari app was tender and tasty, main courses were delicious. A BYOB-hard to find a better place to bring your own wine. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemAnniversarydinnerDined on 5/12/2013When you first pull up it doesn't look like much but when you get inside the Resturant is very nice. The food was excellent and the service was great! I defiantly will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding-tyson473Dined on 5/11/2013The food was outstanding- one of the best antipasti salad ever The meals were prepared in a timely manner and presentation was lovely Would definitely dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They Did It AgainWaylandVIPDined on 5/7/2013Once again the food was AWESOME. Same with the service.Special Features: