Le Midi Bar & Restaurant
11 East 13th St
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Midi Bar & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemidinyc.com/
- Phone: 2122558787
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 1:00am
Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Major sporting and other events shown on Le Midi's big screen on occasion plus karaoke available in bar below Le Midi.
- Special Events: In the bar area we have a large screen (projector), happy to show your movies, etc...
A word from Le Midi Bar & Restaurant
Our restaurant specializes in genuine French dishes with a nod to the south of France. Please enjoy our casual atmosphere with a cold cocktail or glass (or two!) of wine. We offer French classics such as onion soup, coq au vin, steak frites and some slight variations with the likes of daube de boeuf and ravioli with mushrooms. We also have many vegetarian and fish options. Come join us, we welcome your visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Midi Bar & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (15)romantic (12)great for lunch (12)good for groups (12)notable wine list (10)special occasion (8)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- quietartistDined on 3/7/2014noise was kept to a minimum allowing for conversation. Great Vodka- Open Shed.Special Features:
- Awesome french foodjakthirdVIPDined on 3/4/2014Took some clients here for dinner and the food was great, classic french fare. While the menu is classic, the presentation is very modern and well done. Wine list was extensive and reasonable. Restaurant is pretty large but has a great feel to it, and service was very attentive but not pushy. There were two larger groups there when I was there having a great time but their set ups did not disrupt others. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemJerryDined on 2/8/2014The most affordable French I've had in New York. It is not fancy as in Le Cique, but just as delicious. Recommend to anyone near Union Square. Perfect for dinner and movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FRENCH Fries in NYC!WillowyDined on 2/2/2014I highly recommend this neighborhood gem in Greenwich Village. It is so easy on the eyes (warm French romantic) and relatively quiet. The fries are crispy shoestrings--not starchy. Ask for the garlic mustard. Yuuum! There is a big screen behind the bar where old movies play without sound--like Gene Kelly in American in Paris. The owner, Andy, is around and accessible. The bartender, Stewart, has been around the Village a long time. I can go there alone as a woman and have dinner at the bar with neighbors. The staff is attentive. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner - Large GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014It was my best friend's bday and we made a reservation at Le Midi for Sat at 8pm for 19 people. My group, of course, was running late but I called the restaurant and they had no problem moving our reservation to 830. When we got there the waiter was very attentive making sure he took everyone's drink, appetizer and food order. THE MUSSELS WERE SO GOOD. I want to go back for more mussels and warm bread to dip in the sauce. My friends mostly ordered the steak frites, the salmon, and one got the duck, they loved it. The waiter was very discreet when I called him over and asked him to put a candle on the birthday girl's creme brulee. After about 3 delicious hours we all went downstairs for Karaoke at the Karaoke Cave. It was an awesome night.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!SarahDined on 1/25/2014Escargot with homemade bread and martinis at the bar were mouth watering. Dinner at a table consisted of a superb bottle of Côtes du Rhône 2010, steak frites (one of the juciest steaks - so much flavor), the seared duck breast (cooked slightly over medium rare - which we requested) served with farro and sauteed spinach was so delicious and satisfying. We highly recommend the prixe fixe. Homemade raspberry sorbet or dessert - excellent!Special Features:
- A new favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/25/2014My daughter and I met for lunch and the lunch became one of our main topics! Our first time and chosen mainly because it was a convenient location (and menu was inexpensive), we were surprised by the exceptional quality. We certainly plan to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never eat pre-fixe if weBonnieVIPDined on 1/24/2014We never eat pre-fixe if we have a choice, but we did here and it was just fine and good value, unusual for NYC. We began with the soup of the day, butternut squash; one of us liked it, the other not so; steak and fish, both fine and sorbet for dessert. Cocktails and wine were also fine. We would return if we find ourselves in the neighborhood, but we would not make a special trip to eat there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work lunchFreshiesDined on 1/23/2014Delightfully surprised with the food and service at this location. Work nearby and wish I had tried the lunch sooner. Will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNEXPECTEDLY GOODSouthernFoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2014Nice place off Union Square, quiet, good french food, reasonable wine list, efficient service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised!dmhharrisDined on 1/18/2014Staff was very nice and food was good! You won't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Atmosphere was cold and steakVernonDined on 1/17/2014Atmosphere was cold and steak was a bit tough. Frites were excellent though and frisée salad was delicious.
- Not to MissMaursVIPDined on 1/14/2014I was so surprised from the outside it looks like a tiny little place, totally the opposite very open an roomy. The food was just amazing, service was great. This is a great find.Special Features:
- another wonderful mealEllenDined on 12/28/2013We had a group of eight, most of whom had the early prix fixe special. Ate early (6) as a child was with us; the advantage of going early is the low noise level, which can increase as the bar fills up. As usual, the food and service were outstanding, although changing the prix fixe offerings from time to time would be welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodAutumnfriday1VIPDined on 12/15/2013Good menu, great food, good go to neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouslikejazzlovefoodDined on 12/14/2013the food is good, the tables are spacious, and the bar is decently stocked. random bonus: there's another business beneath the restaurant that is a karaoke bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and coldAdamDined on 12/12/2013Our bad luck to go there on a night when 65 people were having a Christmas party in back. Not only was it loud in a cavernous space, but sitting by the front door on a cold night, even their space heaters couldn't keep us warm. They comped us our bottle of wine to make up for it, but still no reason to ever go back, especially with food that was nothing more than adequate.
- Great Place but...DonnaWVIPDined on 12/7/2013This is a very nice restaurant - the staff is extremely friendly and the food is good. My big problem was the noise level. I was there on a Saturday night around 8:30pm and it was way too loud. I like to have a conversation when having dinner but this was difficult to do as it was too hard to hear what the other person was saying. Some type of soundproofing would help a lot. If you don't mind noise, this is a very nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!McmeDined on 12/7/2013We had a large party on a Saturday night and they handled it well. The food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant eveningDMSNYCVIPDined on 12/7/2013Very pleasant, relaxed evening with very good food. Noise level is very low so you can have a nice conversation without yelling which is rare in a restaurant these days.Special Features:
- Le MidiJamesVIPDined on 11/30/2013Superb! Looking forward to our next visit to Le Midi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Food!rj12Dined on 11/30/2013What a great treat to have a wonderful meal before a show! Food was done perfectly, had the soup du jour and risotto special. Great wine, generous portions, good service and a lovely, cozy ambiance! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wendy at the bar was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2013Wendy at the bar was really helpful and great company. Really like this place, great ambiance, staff and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteEllenDined on 10/26/2013My third visit and in contrast to the earlier ones the noise level was fine, but would suggest an early reservation. The food and service are terrific and the early prix fixe a real bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice resto near Union Square.StephenDined on 10/25/2013Nice resto near Union Square. Pleasant surroundings, very nice staff. Good menu, Food not great but works well for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Midi BarmnbnycVIPDined on 10/12/2013This is a pleasant French bistro which serves good bistro food. It is not outstanding but if you are looking for a pleasant quiet place which serves well-cooked and served food in this neighborhood, you can't go far wrong with Le Midi Bar & Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!PamsterDined on 10/10/2013Had a variety of dishes with my party of 3. Everything was very good. Only complaint was the duck was slightly undercooked and a bit fatty. Risotto was delicious, desserts yummy. Would definitely recommend this restaurant,Special Features:
- Brunch was very good!LoNYCVIPDined on 10/5/2013I had the steak frites and shared it with our 2 year old. My husband had the tuna nicoise. The dishes were empty were quickly. The steak was medium rare and the french fries were very good--thin and crispy. We'll be back next time we're in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findCaasheewDined on 10/4/2013Found this restaurant through Scoutmob. After reading about it in a few places i decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. The food was great and the service was ever better. The staff were attentive and polite but never interfered with the dinner. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good crowd, slow serviceEKNYDined on 10/2/2013This was our second time at Le Midi. We had previously enjoyed it, but this time the service was incredibly slow - we must have waited 20-30 minutes between appetizers and entrees - and when our food arrived, my fish was undercooked while one of my dining companion's duck was overcooked. Le Midi can be great, but it is hit or miss.
- A neighborhood French placeDoctorBVIPDined on 9/26/2013We would like this to become our neighborhood French place. We enjoyed our dinner and would definitely recommend the coq au vin. Good value for both the food and wine. The atmosphere is relaxed and the tables are well spaced for comfort and conversation. The greeter was friendly, and Teddy, the waitperson, was charming, attentive, and helpful. We are hopeful this will catch on as an inviting neighborhood spot for locals.
- Awesome friendly fabulous placeOolongDined on 9/14/2013We have a surprise birthday party in Le Midi, and it's the best for overall experience. There were mostly first timers beside myself. Everyone was impressed with the ambiance, close to the neighborhood, food were excellent and what a friendly services! I would recommend Le Midi to my friends! Keep up the good job Le Midi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidterrypVIPDined on 9/14/2013Everyone on staff was super-pleasant, making for a lovely evening at the end of a long day of sightseeing (9/11 memorial, High Line, James Turrell at the Guggenheim). The food was solid if not wildly inventive or brilliant. Warm frisee salad with lardons was quite good; salmon with lentils was just okay. My wife had the onion soup and steak tartar...again, solid if not exceptional. If able, I will give them another shot just because the evening was so relaxing.
- Good food & very friendlyshruthiVIPDined on 9/13/2013Good food & very friendly and accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantHenriDined on 9/13/2013We had an very pleasant lunch. Coq au vin was the real deal and we felt well taken care of. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Really good food at fair pricesAdultnycVIPDined on 9/12/2013Really good food at fair prices (I kid you not). Adult oriented restaurant that gives customers a good value proposition.Special Features:
- Close to greatnesstamerlaneVIPDined on 8/31/2013First, the most important thing: the food is extremely good - bistro basics, well-prepared and delicious. The weakness here was slightly confused servers who didn't seem to have any solid direction from management, and an ambience that just falls short. All this restaurant needs is someone who has a lot of experience training and directing the wait staff with a degree of discipline, and maybe a little colorful paint and some interior props to bring the room to life. The beige-grey upper walls and brown ceiling look nice and new, but they're boring. Maybe a little French blue and something mounted on the wall or hung from the ceiling that reminds us of the South of France would make us feel like we were really in "le Midi."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed the food andjessDined on 8/23/2013Really enjoyed the food and the service was great I would definitely go back :)Special Features:
- Quiet Room, Very Attentive ServicePRThanksDined on 8/19/2013A great setting for a business lunch. Prix fixe is very reasonable. Food was quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal serviceMominnyVIPDined on 8/18/2013When the owner opens up his private stock of rare Belgian beer for your husband, while you are being greeted by name with hugs from the adorable French bartender, what could be better than that!?!? Oh yes, let's not forget the expertly prepared and served French food. Yes, those are our experiences at Le Midi. And the fact that it's so centrally located smack dab in the middle of the prettiest neighborhood in Greenwich Village. Yes, that's the full package!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.