R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
2901 Las Vegas Blvd., South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivierahotel.com/las-vegas-dining/r-steak-seafood/
- Phone: 7027949233
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Bosek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino
R Steak offers a traditional steak dinner with a twist of sophistication. This premier Las Vegas restaurant offers an intimate dinner setting for that special occasion, or any occasion! R Steak & Seafood Restaurant offers you the finest selection of steaks and seafood cooked with the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in The Strip ›
R Steak & Seafood @ The Riviera Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- R Steaks and SeafoodHamy3Dined on 5/1/2014We found this restaurant on line and decided to try it because we had not been there before. We were not disappointed. The service was excellant, and not intrusive. The food was outstanding. All dishes were properly cooked and very tastey. The peach cobbler dessert was a bit dissappinting due to the biscuit-like topping being hard and cool. The decor is somewhat dated, late 60's, but has a feel of "old Vegas". All in all we enjoyed our visit, and would reccomend it as a nice mid-priced establishemnt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kevinDined on 4/26/2014While the decor is somewhat dated it is still clean, comfortable, and very nice. unfortunately the food was not. Given that the menu was somewhat limited one would expect that they would be cooked perfectly, it was not. The soup was just slightly better than warm. My steak ordered rare was more like medium. The salmon again was barely warm, and the salads were simply a plate of lettuce with a couple of cherry tomato's and very little tasteless dressing. It's hard to complain or send things back when after your served everybody disappears. Maybe they have worked there long enough they know better than to hang around. We won't be rushing back.
- Great fine dining on a budget ! !SasoDined on 4/20/2014Great atmosphere. Food was prepared as ordered and tasted great !...Not too expensive for fine dining (Approx $110) for 2. An appetizer, 2 Steak entrees, extra side shared, 2 drinks (1 alcoholic) and dessert...not bad at all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTickerTapeDined on 4/16/2014Good food, reasonable price, friendly staff, dated facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we weren't in a rushHannaLDined on 4/2/2014We ate dinner at R before a show as a "treat" to ourselves. We were very impressed- the restaurant was tastefully designed and decorated. Our server was great, timely; our lateness to the show was not at all his fault- we wanted to linger over the food longer than we should have. The bread basket was delicious, the wine was great, the 2 steaks were perfect, the sides were delicious. We paid about $100 for 2 steak dinners and a bottle of wine and we don't feel that we wasted a penny. We can't wait to go back. *this was labeled a "neighborhood find" because it's inside the Riviera and much easier to get to if you're already there.Special Features:
- A Reason To Rediscover South Stripsmurphy260Dined on 4/1/2014This is truly a great find on Vegas's Southern end. The food was great, the service was great and the price was great. I would highly recommend traveling down to the Strip's Southside and enjoy the food, the service and the history of the Riviera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTerriGDined on 3/25/2014My daughter and I were visiting Las Vegas, and I booked a table here to celebrate her 23rd birthday. From the minute we approached the restaurant the staff was friendly and attentive. The service was superior and the food was excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak in VegasMsPurpleDined on 3/25/2014I had a fabulous time. The service was attentive without being intrusive, the wine list was excellent, and my food....to die for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place to eat as newlywedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014My husband & I had our first meal as husband & wife it was wonderful the food was great the service just as wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect hidden gem!djseancDined on 2/22/2014Having stayed in the Riviera previously and never having tried their steak house I thought I should visit during this vacation. I did so... twice. The service level is exemplary old-school Vegas and I was greeted by name and made to feel most welcome. The food menu is short... but that enables them to concentrate on perfecting the dishes. Look out for daily specials... the BLT soup sounded entreating and proved to be a real winner for those that couldn't decide between a soup or a salad! All-in-all, a wonderful experience that I will be sure to repeat on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in VegasBryanDined on 2/19/2014We had looked at the menus for a variety of steak houses in Las Vegas. I am sure there are others that rival The R in quality and service, but I doubt any can do it at this price point. I had a rib eye and it was outstanding. It was cooked perfectly to order. The salad was equally superb. The service was exemplary and very personal. I simply can't say enough about The R. Not only would I go there again, I will make it a point to go there every time I visit Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go HungrycouplesretreatDined on 2/14/2014We waited well over an hour and a half from the time we ordered our food to the time we received it. We were told later it was because they ran out of what we ordered. In my opinion if that was the case the chef should have explained that to the waiter so he could have come to us and explain what had happened and offered us an alternative. Better yet a good chef would have come out of the kitchen to explain it himself. The waiter was kind enough to comp us some drinks and desserts for our wait, and he was very apologetic, but it seems the chef of this restaurant needs some training in the proper running of a kitchen.The food we waited so long for was average at best when we finally got it.
- Love for Loverschapshar59Dined on 2/14/2014We were there for Valentine's Day weekend and everything was super great. The Waiters and all the staff were welcoming and helpful, the food was great and plenty of it. Everything was cooked and served with perfection. They made us feel loved and special. We can't thank you enough for a really great experience. We ate there three times and The R will be on top of our list of must things to do when we go to Vegas. The R is a hidden gem that should be more known about. We have been telling our friends that go to Vegas not to miss eating at the R. Thank you all.Special Features:
- why R you still in business?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2014Bad food, terrible service no effort.. . Never again..
- CES Trip Meeting for DinnerCarJamzCEODined on 1/9/2014I took clients there two night in a row for CES show. It was close and convenient as both our clients were staying the the Riviera. In general, the restaurant was good, the food was good, the price was fair. The only thing I was upset about was that I had an important meeting one night, and we arrived 30 minutes late for our reservation. There was plenty of open tables and no line at the door. The hostess told me she would not be able to seat us for 20 minutes. She went and got the manager, and he told us after 15 minutes late, they kicked us off the list and seated another table. They did eventually seat us within 5 minutes at a nice table, but embarrassed me in front of our customers. Customer Service needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewcesguestDined on 1/8/2014Food was delicious. Wait staff was not well organized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/7/2014It took about 10 minutes for the server to greet us. The first bottle of wine I ordered, they were out of. It then took 45 minutes to receive our salads and 1 hour and 45 minutes to receive our entrees. When we checked on our meal at 1 hour and 30 minutes we were told it was late because they ran out of potatoes and had to bake them from scratch. The manager offered up nothing except to say "It is a poor excuse, but all I can do is apologize." When the bill arrived, they offered no discount.
- Everything was wonderful andxmasdinnerDined on 12/22/2013Everything was wonderful and the steaks were perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!mrspardoDined on 12/14/2013We enjoyed a different bottle of wine with each course of this lovely meal. I had the caprese salad and the maple-glazed salmon, which I loved, everyone else at the table had the filet mignon, which they also really enjoyed. The atmosphere is modern and classy and the staff all had a great attitude. This steakhouse is a lovely find on the strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R Steak diningtnealDined on 12/6/2013The wait staff at R Steak was outstanding. The food was fantastic and the portion sizes were just right. I would recommend the R Stream and Seafood to anyone traveling to Las Vegas. Service was prompt and all of our dining needs were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itTmazDined on 11/30/2013Walked right in. Had a reservation but didn't need one. Food and service were fantastic. I can't believe this place wasn't packed. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- say good bye to al a cart!shipmateDined on 11/30/2013R Steakhouse and Seafood's entrees INCLUDE soup or salad and choice of potato. That is extremely hard to find on the strip. Their prices are great and the food is fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2013We had the best steak we have probably ever had. We were treated like family.Special Features:
- servicediamondmanVIPDined on 11/16/2013Waitress took order and disappeared. All food was served by different people. Many orders were wrong as server did not have details straightSpecial Features:
- great restaurant in moderate hotelJohnWDined on 11/13/2013nice decor, good food and nice wine list. the prime rib and filet were delicious and arrived perfectly cooked. they were out of the wine we wanted, but found another one similar at the same price. service was very prompt and attentive. Great steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exellent Steak HouseTroutyDined on 11/7/2013Thanks again for a wonderful dining experiance the food and service was great! I celebrated my 50th birthday in a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R Steak and SeafoodBeccaJoyyDined on 10/12/2013I was hoping they would have more "Seafood" options. All they really had was the he salmon and mussels. We did get the mussels which were superb and the New York Strip which was A LOT of meat. We also had a side of mac n cheese which was not really my favorite. Also the side of asparagus was not as steamed as I would have liked. But the entree of Steak, appetizer of mussels and the wine, a Shiraz (Layer Cake) was was amazing!Special Features:
- Fun and friendly staffBulldogsDined on 10/11/2013We were a group of 13, which we realize can be difficult to serve everyone in a timely manner. The staff was so friendly and fun and made our whole experience so enjoyable. And to top it all off, the food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceMikkeycDined on 10/10/2013We had steaks, they were perfectly prepared. I had the mussels, the broth was excellent. Was disappointed in the shrimp cocktail as the shrimp tasted very bland and were quite small. I think they forgot to bring us a bread basket caused I looked around every table had one. Didn't say anything as I was already on to my entree when I noticed. Atmosphere and staff were pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- God food, great servers, but ---PerksterDined on 10/9/2013We had reservations at 6:00, and arrived at 5:50, 10 minutes early. Even though we are early diners, and the dining room was fairly empty, we were told by the host to come back at our reservation time. Made no sense, and we had to wander the hall and just "hang out" until we were seated. It was insulting. No intimate seating. Long tables with a very uncomfortable "bench" along one side. We expected a nice steak house with some comfortable booths for more private dining. Not a good atmosphere for special occasions.Special Features:
- What a Great Place. 20 OZJayBeaDined on 10/4/2013What a Great Place. 20 OZ Rib Rye cooked to perfection. The sea food soup was wonderful we are from Florida and thought we had eaten the best, R Steak and Sea Food beats all chowders or soups in Florida. Thanks for a FANTASTIC meal. JBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bag2DesertRatsDined on 9/28/2013Initially a pleasant experience. Service was mixed however. When appetizers arrived there was no check back for 10+ min. The entree was a Cedar Plank Salmon for 2. No utensiles to divide the salmon were provided, The Salmon itself had clearly been forzen, as the inside was slightly undercooked and mushy. The Dill butter sauce was bland at best. Could have been much better.
- Not perparedGordoDined on 9/23/2013I picked this location because they could accompany larger group (18) and the the reviews in Open Table were good. I arrived an hour early and introduced myself to the manger who said: “I need to talk to Open Table because my group is too big”. He suggested a limited menu, I agreed, and then the manger decided against it. Long dining experience, my customer later told me that they would have left if the poor service and food wasn’t so funny. In 3 ½ hrs we never did receive wine glasses, we were told” they were all dirty”. The busman got a bottle of wine in 4 minutes, when it took the waiter and or manger sometimes 40 minutes. No water pitchers left on the table, told that the restaurant only had one. The discount given to us was large.
- Hole in the wallvegasbabyDined on 9/17/2013Most people do not even know the Riviera has a steakhouse. It is in the corner and hardly noticable. However the food was very good and reasonabley priced. We had amazing service and a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is probably one of theMedicDined on 9/11/2013This is probably one of the top steakhouses in the LV area. A little gem hidden in the Rivera hotel. Absolutely the best service and delicious food - my steak was BIG and TASTY! We will go back again when we are here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXQUISITENeekDined on 9/10/2013This was my third time in Vegas and each time I've eaten here for dinner. It's a great atmosphere whether you are with friends dining alone or significant other. VERY ROMANTIC PLACE!!! The staff is WONDERFUL!!! They don't over or under do it. Planning another visit in December this place will surely see me again ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakRivlasvegasDined on 9/7/2013Excellent service and great food. A classic restaurant inside a classic hotel. The steak was properly cooked and the flavor profile was great. Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people and food!FoodyTomDined on 7/26/2013Chef Matt is really making changes. Everyone was friendly and accomodating. We were seated next to a loud and rude couple, but moved to a quiet corner. Plank salmon was delicious. Riviera is old, but being renovated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner in hotelJackDined on 7/26/2013enjoyable dinner,not most memorable but if you dont wish to leave the hotel it is worth whileSpecial Features:
- An uneven dining experiencelvfoodVIPDined on 6/18/2013There were six of us, and that created the opportunity for both hits and misses with the food we chose. Briefly, the Caesar salads and French onion soup were enjoyed by those who had ordered them, but the seafood chowder was returned to the kitchen because it was bad (I don't know the details). The rib eyes, prime ribs and scallops seemed to be good, but I had the NY Strip and it was terrible. It was very difficult to cut, and it was dry (even though I had ordered it medium rare and it was reddish inside) and tasteless.