St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
100 Pythian Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95409Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stfranciswinery.com/
- Phone: (800) 795-6674x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M, Th Seatings at 11:00am, 2:00pm
Lunch: F-Su Seatings at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Bryan Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups wanting a private dinner at the Winery, we offer options for 8 to 64 people. At our Private Estate Dinners, guests enjoy a seven-course meal for 8-16 prepared by a St. Francis Chef. In this intimate, one-of-a-kind experience, guests have the Winery to themselves with their own personal chef.
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Mingram 8557808453
A word from St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
Voted #1 Restaurant in America by Open Table users, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards offers a ZAGAT-recommended farm-to-table Wine & Food Pairing experience in the heart of Sonoma Valley. The 1½ hour pairing features a six-course tasting menu prepared by Executive Chef Bryan Jones (formerly of the fig café and wine bar), created to complement wines from St. Francis' artisan collection. Three scheduled seatings at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and two scheduled seatings at 11 am and 2 pm Mondays and Thursdays. Reservations for parties of 6 or larger are managed directly at the restaurant. Price: $50 plus tax (20% discount for St. Francis Wine Club Members).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (100)scenic view (81)notable wine list (78)special occasion (77)good for groups (55)great for lunch (50)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Just Awesome!1withwineDined on 5/24/2013Chef Bush has outdone himself once again. His innovative pairing of veggies, fish and meats with Asian style sauces was delicious...and with a mild "kick" to boot. Using lots of ingredients that aren't normally on ones plate (like slivered snow peas in a soup), he dazzled even picky eaters! The service was impeccable and the wine well - matched to each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and DineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2013Great place for those that like food and wine pairings. Both wine and food were first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in the valley. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013Best view in the valley. Great value for the money. Excellent food and wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surpriseGreyHawkDined on 5/13/2013We were very happy with this gem in Sonoma. Everything was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice experience!doju2013Dined on 5/11/2013We were there on saturday morning (11h) Good hospitality, sweet ladies, goog food & wine. Perfect! We will recommanded Dominique & JulioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceOenophinewineDined on 5/10/2013Fine wines and decadent cuisine by top-rated chef Dave Bush. Exquisite for mind, body and spirit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at the pairing isToothfreekDined on 4/27/2013The food at the pairing is amazing. I would best describe the food as simple, sexy and to the point with only the freshest ingredients. Chef bush is a creative and down to earth mastermind. The standout course was the sea bass in a broth with lemon, orange and bacon.Special Features:
- This was my 4th visit forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013This was my 4th visit for the food & wine pairing and the 2nd visit for the others in the group I travel with. It is now on our "must do" list whenever we visit the area. We did arrive about 10 minutes late due to unusual traffic delays coming out of the Sacramento area. We called in advance to let them know we would be a bit late and the response to this was a bit on the rude side.Special Features:
- We'll Definitely ReturnMichaelDined on 4/21/2013We thoroughly enjoyed the food/wine pairing. What fun! Every bite of every dish, and every sip of the 5 or 6 different wines was a delight. The hostess who described each course was perfect, giving just enough information, then backing off and leaving us to our own conversations. The other servers were perfect also, with the paired wines and foods coming out almost simultaneously. And the round-table seating made it fun as well; making it inevitable that we meet interesting people from far away, while allowing plenty of opportunity for privacy within our own party of two. Not to mention one of the best views in the wine country. We live close by and plan to return to the food/wine pairings every time they change the menu.Special Features:
- Every paired tasting menuIsolteDined on 4/14/2013Every paired tasting menu continues to be fabulous, with much coming from their winery garden!Special Features:
- ExceptionaldinerVIPDined on 4/6/2013It's very strange that there isn't a (long) waiting list for this experience. Despite being limited to wines solely form the winery the kitchen managed to pull off some really breathtaking pairings that bested any we've had at places like Coi, Benu and even the dearly departed Cyrus. Service was exceptional: knowledgeable but warm.
- The Food and Wine pairingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013The Food and Wine pairing was a Foodie's Delight. We took friends for a birthday celebration and the whole experience was delightful. It was the new menu for April and each course was beautifully presented and the wine matched to the course truly enhanced both the food and the wine. The staff was knowledgeable and could readily discuss each pairings special nuances. The treat was the chef's joining the group to answer questions and explain the 'whys' behind his pairing choices. We will go back and would not hesitate to treat other frieds to the experience.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2013Very impressive, excellent food, great staff, top notch wine. The entire wine pairings meal was definitely worth it. I have already recommended it to many of my friends. We will definitely put it on our last of places to revisit. As a special treat the chef came out to talk with us. He was even willing to tell us how he prepared the dishes. This winery visit was worth every star and then some more.Special Features:
- IT was a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013IT was a great experience. It gave me ideas on how to pair wines with food as well as tasting some flavors that I never would have tried on my own. It was great fine. I went with a group of five and we all enjoyed the experience. The help ws friendly and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed when the sous chef came out and spoke to us at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- We shared my wife's birthdayluv2eatVIPDined on 3/29/2013We shared my wife's birthday here enjoying the wonderful view of the vineyard while learning about Chef David Bush's 5-course meal paired with exclusive St. Francis wines. This was a most memorable experience, even topping the dinner at French Laundry. We are now their loyal wine club members!Special Features:
- Loved the experience. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2013Loved the experience. It was perfect for the wine and food enthusiast and and a great educational experience.Special Features:
- Perfect Way to Experience Fine WineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2013The "food and wine" pairing at the St. Francis Winery is exquisite. This is a first-class experience without being stuffy and the perfect way to experience and evaluate fine wines. The various plates were beautifully presented and the menu fun and interesting. A visit by the chef was a highlight and enabled everyone to learn about the recipes and fresh Santa Rosa-area fruits and vegetables as well. All agreed that it could only be better by lasting all day!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food & Wine PairingBetterVIPDined on 3/21/2013Outstanding food and wine pairing! Splendid wines match up with heavenly food - creative, beautifully executed, and delicious!Special Features:
- Lynne HIsolteDined on 3/17/2013We love the experience of Chef Bush's paired food and wine tastings and return several times a year to see what is new! I love how much of the produce is grown in the winery's garden and local / seasonal ingredients are highlighted.Special Features:
- An incredible mealllestellVIPDined on 3/2/2013I was a member of St. Francis Winery for more than a year before I finally booked a wine lunch. It was easily the best meal I've had in Sonoma. Each of the courses was perfectly crafted to compliment the wine. The dishes were original but still approachable. The service was friendly and informative without being pushy. The only potential drawback for me was the seating arrangement, which placed everyone in a big horseshoe in the middle of the room. It was fine for my friend and I, who struck up conversations with the diners on either side, but it would not be my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't regret it- Go!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/23/2013Wonderful experience!! So worth every moment. Great wine-Great food paring. Would go back & do it all over again.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Wine PairingKathyAppDined on 2/23/2013St. Francis Winery offers both an outdoor charcuterie and a more formal sit-down food and wine pairing. We are frequent diners at the food and wine pairing. The f&wp is 3 times/day at 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00. and I think they are Thursday through Sunday each week. There's no more than 20 allowed for reservations. There's typically an appetizer or two, a main dish, and a dessert. The host introduces the dish and details the chosen pairing wine and how it matches the food. The chef changes the menu at his whim, depending upon the season and what might be available in the garden. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing Food/Wine PairingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/17/2013We attended a Food/Wine pairing at St. Francis Winery which was out of this world. The individual courses were paired beautifully with the wines and each course (there were 5) was amazing. It was a group tasting and the very large horseshoe table sat 16-18 people. Everyone at the event was able to talk to one another and we just had a wonderful time. They offer new menus each week, so we plan on visiting each time we travel to Sonoma. It was really an enjoyable experience, and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Food and Wine Pairing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Chef Dabid Bush is an extraordinaire! My girlfriend and I enjoyed his food and wine pairing this valentines day.Special Features:
- A must-do in SonomaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Unique pairings, lovely wines not available anywhere but at the vineyard, great engagement with the chef. And, when you join the Wine Club, 2 pairings are free. A really special experience.Special Features:
- This was my 3rd time experiencingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013This was my 3rd time experiencing the food and wine pairing. Kelly the hostess is always friendly and has a great energy. The food was so delicious and the wines paired with the dish was perfect. I would definitely recommend this experience to everyone.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2013Food was amazing and paired with some of wine country's best wines!Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!theDarbsDined on 2/4/2013One of THE BEST wine and food pairings I've ever experienced! I can't wait to return and share the experience with friends!Special Features:
- A food and wine pairing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/2/2013This is a food/wine pairing experience/education - which is excellent. We go as often as we can, and have always been overly pleased with it. The food is outstanding as are the wines. And here they teach you why and how they complement each other to be even better.Special Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013This was our fourth time doing the wine and food pairing and it was as wonderful as the other three. We always find a special wine to take home and leave the winery happy and looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Excellent service with deliciousJeanieDined on 1/19/2013Excellent service with delicious food paired with geat wine.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2013We did the food and wine pairing. It was outstanding. We did the 2:00PM tasting and were pleasantly surprised to be the only two people for that appointment. Brooke was our hostess and did a fabulous job. The chef, Stacey came and talked to us after we were finished. We had a very nice discussion about the food and the wine. The wines were wonderful and the food outstanding. I would recommend this to everyone. One of the highlights of our visit to the Sonoma area.Special Features: