St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
100 Pythian Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95409Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stfranciswinery.com/
- Phone: (800) 795-6674x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M, Th Seatings at 11:00am, 2:00pm
Lunch: F-Su Seatings at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Bryan Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups wanting a private dinner at the Winery, we offer options for 8 to 64 people. At our Private Estate Dinners, guests enjoy a seven-course meal for 8-16 prepared by a St. Francis Chef. In this intimate, one-of-a-kind experience, guests have the Winery to themselves with their own personal chef.
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Mingram 8557808453
A word from St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
Voted #1 Restaurant in America by Open Table users, St. Francis Winery & Vineyards offers a ZAGAT-recommended farm-to-table Wine & Food Pairing experience in the heart of Sonoma Valley. The 1½ hour pairing features a six-course tasting menu prepared by Executive Chef Bryan Jones (formerly of the fig café and wine bar), created to complement wines from St. Francis' artisan collection. Three scheduled seatings at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and two scheduled seatings at 11 am and 2 pm Mondays and Thursdays. Reservations for parties of 6 or larger are managed directly at the restaurant. Price: $50 plus tax (20% discount for St. Francis Wine Club Members).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (101)scenic view (82)notable wine list (76)special occasion (75)good for groups (61)great for lunch (52)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (22)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food & wine pairingsIgolfDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time at St. Francis food & wine pairing & it will not be our last! St. Francis is partial to reds but it's Chardonnay was delightful and non- oaky.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsRiorangerDined on 7/27/2014Fantastic experience and a great way to taste wine. Excellent value and portion size. Great atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealSusanDined on 7/27/2014What a gem. Everything was lovely about it - the food, the setting, the wines and the hostess did a great job describing the wines. We would go again in a minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Do!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We had a reservation for the Sunday 11:00am wine pairing on our last day in Sonoma. We are so glad we saved the best for last. It was an extraordinary experience in a beautiful setting. You should not miss this opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef --Still 5 StarsKateinSonomaDined on 7/26/2014I had done the food and wine pairing with a group of friends a few months ago, so decided to make reservations for when my sister would be visiting from Illinois. In the meantime, the chef who had won all the accolades left to start his own restaurant, so I was a little nervous. I need not have been. The new chef is just as wonderful. I LOVED the sous vide method of preparing the wild king pacific salmon wrapped in a thin zucchini strip with the two tiny deep fried zucchini blossoms atop! And the portions remain very generous. We could hardly finish the dishes. My three guests were suitably impressed and some fine St. Francis wines were shipped back to Illinois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmoothSailingDined on 7/24/2014The wine and food pairings experience was a lovely way to begin a day in the wine country. The tasting begins almost immediately, so arrive on an empty stomach. The staff was friendly and informative. One particular server noticed I had not touched the meat portion in my plate and discreetly asked if she could serve a vegetarian option. Needless to day, I was wowed by her attention to detail. The chef graciously greets you towards the end of the meal and is happy to share his recipes. This will easily be remembered as one of the high points in our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BroomDined on 7/21/2014I'm a local and will be bringing my future house guests to the wine and food pairings. Everything was wonderful, very low-keyed, friendly with a great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off the mark this time24tennDined on 7/21/2014Service was competent and attentive, at a very high level compared to most dining establishments. However, our hostess was not as energetic and personable as the one in our January visit (which had been the first luncheon seating). Maybe because this July we were at the second (later) seating. Her assistant seemed to be a bit new to the position, just a little off the pace. Or, maybe there had been two assistants serving at our earlier experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014It was just a wonderfiul experience, cant really say moreSpecial Features:
- AmazingSmm5251Dined on 7/20/2014The wine pairing experience is both educational and entertaining Each tasting was simply amazing and well paired with their wine If you are visiting the area, we highly recommend a visit to the winery and this great experienceSpecial Features:
- Special treatItsadateDined on 7/18/2014After visiting many wineries during our visit, this was a special treat and well worth the money. Enjoyed everything, even some of the wines that I don't normally drink. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Francis wine and food pairingStevesPOVDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I visited the winery for their 11am wine and food pairing. It was excellent. Great food and wine matched for each course. Staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Chef came out at the end of the meal to chat and get our feedback. Would definitely go back. Seating is for 16 - would be great as a group activity as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dennis C.rusticloverDined on 7/13/2014This was without doubt one of the best wine and food pairings that we have attended. The portions were generous and delicious, and they were exelellently paired with the wines. St. Francis has come up with another great chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC!StephDined on 7/11/2014I'd heard fantastic things about this experience so we took out of town guests. It met and exceeded all my expectations (guests were wowed!). Food pairings perfect. Pours and small plates were very generous - total food (5 small plates) like a regular dinner. We are going again and again. Where can you have gourmet food and fantastic wine with every course for $50/person???!!!Special Features:
- Awesome!AwesomeDined on 7/10/2014This was an awesome experience. Great food. Great wine. Either could stand alone on their own, but with what the chef did to pair the two together was AMAZING. Thank you for a great experience and the highlight meal of our 12 day vacation!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in Sonoma!lv2baglDined on 7/6/2014Fabulous food, fabulous pairings -- phenominal price! All in a beautiful, quiet setting. Was a bit concerned since David Bush had left, but the new chef is spectacular and didn't miss a beat in filling David's shoes. I want to move to the retirement community across the street so this can be my Sunday dinner every week!
- Superb Wine PairingFoodieBobDined on 7/6/2014The Wine Pairing at St. Francis Winery is outstanding in every respect. It's a beautiful setting near Santa Rosa, the room is nicely decorated, quiet, and has large windows that provide beautiful views of the vineyard and hills. The food is perfectly prepared and very tasty, and the wines are all excellent. I took my wife and sister-in-law (it was her birthday). We thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to going back!!Special Features:
- Wine, wine, winemarkmmVIPDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful wine pairing lunch. I have been 4 times now and each time is different and amazing.Special Features:
- Great food and viewsLizBeth0529Dined on 7/5/2014The dining room was light and airy and comfortably seated 16 that were at our luncheon. The toasted almonds were a nice touch in the first course - pickled peach and burrata. The favorite of the 5 courses was chicken roulade. Each course had its own wine. For each course there was an explanation of food and wine flavors and what to expect. Great wines and great food in a beautiful setting. The executive chef came out at the end and spoke to the guests and answered questions. Can't wait for a chance to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pairing.MoeyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Really great food and wine pairing. Plenty of food for lunch and the right amount of wine.Special Features:
- Outstanding wine-food and ambiance!MamamiaDined on 7/4/2014We booked the wine and food pairing and must admit we were a bit skeptical despite the amazing reviews. We were floored not only by the amazing cuisine, but how the wine pairings truly brought out the essence of each pairing. The views are spectacular and speak for itself. We love the wine and winery so much we joined the wine club. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable Wine PairingsLizBostonVIPDined on 7/3/2014The setting is beautiful, the wines are truly notable and the food pairings are sensitive and creative. I especially enjoyed the old vine Zin paired with quail. A perfect afternoon in wine country.Special Features:
- Wine Country LunchTBMDVIPDined on 6/26/2014We have been here twice now for the lunch food and wine pairing. While not an inexpensive lunch it is worth every penny. Food is adventurous, fun and beautifully presented. Each course is paired with a generous wine pour to compliment the food, and one course has two wines poured with it for the diner to decided which wine pairs best. The highlight is the chef coming out at the end to answer questions. We will be back again!Special Features:
- Wow what a treat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014The food and wine pairing at St . Francis Vineyard was the absolute highlight of our recent trip to Sonoma. The food was sensational, each course artfully prepared, seasoned and plated. The wines served with each of the 5 courses were sensational. Of course my husband and I had to join the wine club after this superb culinary experience. Thank you St. Francis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine PairingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014It was a very pleasant experience. We sat at a lovely table and met interesting people. The staff guided us through the wine tasting and then the food pairing. We ate some delightful dishes we wouldn't have prepared at home. There was just enough wine and food to make a nice mid afternoon lunch without feeling stuffed or too tipsy. It was a good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014It is a great wine pairing. It is not a restaurant so don't think you will order whatever you like. It is a set menu. The people are amazing and super friendly. Will be returning later in the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just a wine tasting.love2cookDined on 6/20/2014We reserved a wine and food tasting at St. Francis after reading so many positive reviews. The food pairings were absolutely delicious and beautifully plated. I would never thought a winery could offer such a culinary experience. We had a 3:00pm tasting which was perfect for a late lunch. The presenter did a wonderful job explaining the wine and the food that was paired with it. At the end of the service the chef came out of the kitchen and talked about the courses and answered questions from the participants. Place St. Francis on your to do list and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and Food PairingTexasTravellerDined on 6/19/2014Beautiful setting, excellent food, informative host who guided us through the food and wine. One of the best things we've done in Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day PleasureMRandMRSVDined on 6/15/2014You receive such a great education in experiencing this wine & food pairing. You taste the difference in wine by itself and then with food through a delightful time at St. Francis. Brooke and Renee were so knowledgeable answering every question posed them. The food was amazing, the wines outstanding and the hostesses were exceptional.Special Features:
- Beautiful SettingDoodahDined on 6/15/2014The arrangement of the table was especially notable as we all had a view of the gorgeous mountains. The food and wine pairings were excellent. The serving staff delivered each course on a timely basis without any waiting whatsoever. The two ladies who talked about the wines served were very knowledgeable. Each course was interesting and plated in an artistic way. We had a delightful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsMariniDined on 6/13/2014By far the best wine/food pairing I've had. In an intimate setting, the total focus on savouring the nuances in the wine then in the food and back to the wine, food, wine, food .... A journey for the palate as prepared by the chef and presented by the host and guide. Suitable for serious foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDighDined on 6/12/2014We were visiting a friend in the area who had raved about the pairings. We were skeptical but ended up being very much impressed. We will be visiting her more frequently now, say whenever your tasting menu changes! We joined the Club and bought some bottles for hostess gifts as well. Please don't change anything but the menus! We asked our friend to post this for us because she was unable to join us due illness. Fans from South Pasadena.Special Features:
- Must Do Wine Country VisitEatingAllTheTimeDined on 6/9/2014This was already our favorite place to visit in all of wine country but add in the five course wine and food pairing and it's perfect. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine/food pairing at St. FrancisallforfunDined on 6/8/2014Beautiful setting, food excellently prepared and served. Although the chef was not available, the staff was very knowledgeable about the subtleties of each dish and paired wines. Great experienceSpecial Features:
- Food and wine pairingcaribbeancookieDined on 6/6/2014The food and wine pairing was wonderful and at $50 per person, it is a great value. It is a beautiful setting, the staff are very knowledgeable and the food is exquisite. The chef did a wonderful job of creating dishes that bring out the best qualities in the wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in wine countryFooooDDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I came to St. Francis to do the wine and food pairing because of Chef Bryan Jones. Chef Jones used to be the exec chef at one our favorite Glen Ellen restaurants and when we leaned he had moved on we had to give this a try. So glad we did! This experience was great. We did the early seating at 11:00- a great start to our day! Chef Bryan came out after and answered some questions too. The food was flawless- and the wine pairings were spot on. Truly a great marriage of food and wine! Will do this again next time we are in wine country. Thanks to Chef Bryan Jones and congrats on the new position. St. Francis is lucky to have you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!lewmondoDined on 6/2/2014St Francis wine and food pairing started out being a place I would treat myself to for special occasions. Now that I am a wine club member, I go as often as I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Wine Pairing = Great!DougMacDined on 6/2/2014If you come to Napa/Sonoma to visit vineyards, you owe it to yourself to do a food and wine tasting. Tastings alone are helpful, but most wines are meant to enjoy with a meal. There's a complex interaction between the food and wine that really shows how good (or bad) a wine really is. The St. Francis winery was a magical combination of exquisite wines paired with remarkable food. The pairing is small, only 20 or so people. You sit at a circular table. It's an intimate experience with plenty of opportunity to make new friends. The hostess was very knowledgeable and friendly. We were so impressed we joined the wine club and made an order of every wine served.Special Features:
- The following 202 reviews are from the St. Francis Winery & Vineyards reviews archive.
- Great experience in SonomaOut2eatVIPDined on 6/1/2014We did the wine and food tasting experience on a Sunday for lunch and thought the whole experience was a highlight of our trip. Food and wine the best!Special Features:
- Getting to know your wines.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014This experience is a combination of good food paired with wines. There is also some instruction in tasting the wines, how the wines were paired with the dishes and the history of the wines themselves. The setting is small so there is an opportunity to chat with the other wine tasters. Great for out of town guests or just a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.