1457 Lincoln Ave
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barolocalistoga.com/index.php
- Phone: 7079429900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Angelo Chambrone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Let the professionals at Barolo cater your next event. From an intimate dinner for twelve to a wedding feast for one hundred, we"ve been a part of the Napa Valley catering scene for over thirty years.
A word from Barolo
Hearty Italian favorites including perfect thin crust pizzas, handmade pastas, house cured salumis and locally farmed produce, poultry and meats. One of the hidden local gems in Napa valley, located in the historic Mount View Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Barolo - Best Restaurants in Calistoga ›
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)special occasion (10)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- FoodYodaDined on 12/7/2013The food was great as we had 3 kids dining with us. Good wines and salads. We will go back for some wonderful Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very, very good food, butelliebellieVIPDined on 11/13/2013very, very good food, but it is a bar atmosphere, so it is definitely not at all quiet at dinnertime, hard to have a conversation, just go there and EAT. They offer a really tasty and healthy Beet Salad, (highly recommended), and their ceasar salad dressing is so good, lemony and garlicky. Pizza is cracker thin, which I love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere, not so great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Red booths & good energy attracted us to the restaurant. Everything clicked so we almost loved the evening, BUT could't get past the fact that food just wasn't good. Go for a drink or two then head on out for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Very good food and fun vibemdmamaDined on 11/3/2013The food was really good - we had the Osso Buca and Cavatelli for dinner along with brussel sprouts, ahi, bruschetta and swordfish for sampling. The food quality is great and the bar, vibe is fun but not obnoxious. I highly recommend this restaurant and will return when I'm back in Calistoga.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2013Sunday evening dinner, restaurant was not crowded. Too bad I don't recall the name of our server, she was great. Just the right amount of attention. Get the brussel sprouts - outstanding! Pan seared/roasted, so good I tried to replicate at home. Entrees were quite good, a pasta and beef dish, again waited too long so don't recall more details - a few good/fresh ingredients, cooked to perfection. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer to the RestaurantWineWhinerDined on 10/27/2013This is a great spot in Calistoga and I without hesitation would simply say... "Go check it out friends, could be a keeper!"Special Features:
- A great findDinnerfor2Dined on 10/25/2013Throughly enjoyed our dinner. My husband had the short ribs w/ creamed risotto. He said it was the best he ever had! I agree it was wonderful! I had a pasta dish that was yummy. I wish I could remember the name of it. The cesar salad was delicious and the bruchetta was amazing. Not typical..I believe it had a spiced gabanzo bean sauce, with toasted brussel sprout chips. Unique and so tasty! The chef is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return TripWinefollowerDined on 10/15/2013We like Barolo's because it is walking distance from our hotel in Calistoga and the food is good. We were not exctremely hungry, so we went with two appetizers. The first was a plate of 5 meatballs (Beef and pork mixture) with a slightly spicy marinara sauce that were very good. We followed this up with a margarhita pizza made in the New York, very think crust style. The portions were perfect for two people and we came away very pleased with our choices.Special Features:
- Solidly ClassicZorbaVIPDined on 10/5/2013Friendliest manger and staff ! Very solid basic Italian happy place food at reasonable prices. The kind of place every town needs.Special Features:
- Maybe next time...OneWorldDined on 10/2/2013The food at Barolo was delicious, interesting and creative, however my entree was small. Service was slow with only a few waitresses attending to the entire restaurant. The restaurant space is overwhelmed with a huge bar in the middle of the room and tables along the periphery. It was nicely decorated with interesting artistic touches. The space is loud for quiet conversation, but I think this interesting place needs another try on a future trip to Calistoga.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the fritto misto. WouldJmurphDined on 9/13/2013Loved the fritto misto. Would have had it for dinner if I had known! The lamb pasta was a little gamey (strong). Portions were fine. Wish we had gone there twice instead of the place next door.Special Features:
- Best dessert!NY2LAVIPDined on 9/6/2013Great food, incredible dessert; very friendly & knowledgable service but at times very slow. Ran out of red wine glasses and we had to wait for the dishwasher to finish. That was a first. Food definitely made up for it though and I would go back if in the area - just plan on a very leisurely dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2013Didn't feel that having a reservation on open table was any help because when we were finally to be seated, we were asked, "inside or out"? Told the hostess we had reservations and she replied, "inside or out"? Our waitress came from the other side of the restaurant so maybe this wasn't her usual section but the service was spotty at best, but the food was excellent. Would give it another try just for the food, service can't always be fair-to-poor, can it? Too many great sounding options to try for 2 people and the wine list had 4-5 Sangioveses listed( wife's fav), and there are a few local wineries that they waive corkage for as well. At least the kitchen didn't have an off night. Maybe next time it'll be all 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over toasted bruschetta !OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2013To start with the toast served with bruschetta was burned on the bottom. This was a huge disappointment . We all served ourselves a piece( mind you three small pieces with bruschetta on top), the toast was burned crisp black on the bottom. The burned taste overwhelmed the flavor of the bruschetta . We were all left with a smokey burnt taste , not good. Was thinking of telling the waiter but really not much left on the plate to return since the pieces were so small. My children had the margarita pizza, didn't look very appealing but they ate it? I had the steak salad served over a thin flat bread that was just ok and my husband had the chicken piccata which was good. Overall not impressed,$100 or a lame dinner for four.
- Pleasant SurprisedinnerbellDined on 8/1/2013Our party of 4 asked the table preparer what he liked to eat there. He gave us a couple of recommendations that we tried and we liked them the best. We had appetizers, entrees and dessert and all were quite good and had lovely presentations. Keep up the good work. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and fittingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2013First time here! Nice discovery, owners are ver nice. The serving staff is young, but food is excellent. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barolo, a Calistoga GemMagmanDined on 7/15/2013Quality food, attentive service and very reasonable prices highlighted our meal at Barolo. Careful attention was paid to the preparation and presentation of each of our courses; the food was delicious. My wife and I both agreed that the risotto with mascarpone was the best we have had in our travels. The hostess had made note that we were celebrating our anniversary and gave us the choice of two tables she had held so we had the option of an intimate table in the back away from the bar. From beginning to end, Barolo provided a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barolo AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2013Barolo is a nice place with friendly staff in a good location in downtown Calistoga. The food was less than impressive. The recommended Italian wine was good. Too bad about the food, which was not nearly good enough considering the prices. Very basic. Think Italian cafeteria!
- Food was good. Service was okTerronDined on 7/12/2013I have the braised short ribs. I would definitely go back for those. The service was ok. Maybe our guy was new but 5 of our 6 meals came out together. The 6th, a salad, came out much later than the rest which was very strange. I'd probably go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood Italian cafeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2013We enjoy the food and the contemporary atmosphere. Barolo offers just what we want in a neighborhood cafe: some outdoor seating, a nice wine list, tasty food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- lovely setting and nice folkslathDined on 6/14/2013wide open windows looking out on Calistoga's sweet main street. Warm hostess greeting, and wonderfully attentive waiter. beet salad needed oranges with taste, but the homemade sausage pizza was wonderful. A great place to sit and enjoy the small town sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy in CalistogaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2013This intimate restaurant in downtown Calistoga offers an excellent selection of yummies. Staff is friendly but slow so sit back and enjoy a leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little PriceyFunfoodeeDined on 5/16/2013Good food small portions though snd pricey! We like the atmosphere and authentic Italian food. No extras like bread. Good desserts and wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a fantastic find!Runner10VIPDined on 5/16/2013Love, love, love this restaurant! Don't know how we missed it in years past. The Caesar salad was outstanding and the roasted asparagus was to die for! All the pasta entries were nice, but not oversized portions! Very reasonable prices too! We liked it so much that we ate there two days in a row!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinner at Barolo!NEdinerDined on 4/27/2013Enjoyed our dinner at Barolo! Good food, good service and a cool place.Special Features:
- Very nice meal. Good service.LeonardDined on 4/23/2013Very nice meal. Good service. A nice local restaurant.
- Food is wonderful. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/21/2013Food is wonderful. Service is great. Chef is a great guy, very welcoming.Special Features:
- Good food, well priced wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2013Good food, well priced wine list, great service but pretty noisy; we had to lean in to talk.Special Features:
- Swordfish was excellent, butLoriVIPDined on 4/5/2013Swordfish was excellent, but Linguine with Clams was substandard (tasted very fishy and not much flavor.) Needed some additional seasoning or sauce.
- Nice menu, well executed.HappyBosnianVIPDined on 4/4/2013Nice menu, well executed. Enjoyed the arancini, bucatini with meatballsand spaghetti carbonara. Service was attentive, in a pleasant setting.
- Food was great, service aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/1/2013Food was great, service a but slow, too loud, you can't have an intimate conversation!Special Features:
- service and food were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/31/2013service and food were very good 8.5/10 in my view. 9/10 for my wife.Food portions were nice, taste was excellent. Bread would have been nice and usual in an Italian Restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- authentic Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2013Authentic and delicious Italian food. Example - the pizzette with anchovies came as a delicious, thin crust pizzette with delicate herbs and olive oil and fresh, marinated (in lemon, herbs, and oil) anchovies. Just like Italy. Great wine selection, too.Special Features:
- Chicken picatta and SpahettiOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2013Chicken picatta and Spahetti and meatballs were delicious. Bread was served with oil and vineagar and small romaine salad was overpriced for $9. Cannoli dessert was disappointing and left a terrible taste in your mouth, couldn't even finish it. More of a bar scene than couples dinner place due to loud noise from bar.
- Important details missedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013They did not have our reservation in their computer - even though I had a confirmation from Open Table. They did seat us. There were available tables all through our dining experience.Did not have salt/pepper on table. Did not offer bread. Did not offer cheese or crushed red peppers with any of the Italian dishes. I was still hungry after eating my entree. Food good - could have used more.Special Features:
- Very good food, and fun atmosphere.dragonrabbitVIPDined on 3/4/2013Favorite was the Manila clam to start. Really enjoyed the broth it was in - white wine, garlic, chili oil and salami picante. The Red Dragon cocktail recommended by one of their other diners was great. They also had a red wine on the bottom of their menu I've never heard of, but it was very good - had 2 glasses of that. My husband had the spaghetti carbonara with an egg on top. I had the short rib. The spinach was seasoned well, and yummy. However, for me, the polenta was a little to creamy - I'm used to my polenta having more texture. I forgot what the dessert was called, but it was 3 what seemed like wonton skins rolled and filled with a hazelnut, chocolate and lemon filling. That was the only thing we would have skipped.Special Features:
- Third time for me at Barolo,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Third time for me at Barolo, and it still does not disappoint!Special Features:
- Not a bad choice if you wantrtpivVIPDined on 1/25/2013Not a bad choice if you want to eat in downtown Calistoga. The food was good, not great, which is the standard in Napa Valley. The area has better to offer if you are willing to drive a little.
- first time try and we willfps7VIPDined on 1/19/2013first time try and we will certainly revisit when in calistoga...for sureSpecial Features:
- Nothing special because itRomantenDined on 12/28/2012Nothing special because it was very noisy. It's not cheap but it was still enjoyable for the most part.