Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
845 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dinobbq.com/
- Phone: 2035173272x
- Hours of Operation:
Open New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private seating avaialable for groups up to
A word from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford
When you're serious about your bar-b-que...Award winning Southern-style Pit Smoked BBQ. Open 7 days a week for dine-in and takeout with a full bar featuring 20 local, seasonal and craft beers on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerBarbecue
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (81)kid-friendly (60)great for lunch (42)fit for foodies (37)vibrant bar scene (28)great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (25)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Food was tasty, particularlyCohibaDaveDined on 3/29/2014Food was tasty, particularly the pulled pork and the chicken wings. Fine BBQ. Waiter was a dud, trying to rush us from moment one. Bar staff and maître d were very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Homestyle, Southern BBQ!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/18/2014Finger licking good food, that will leave you craving more! Try the "any 3 combo" and sides - the brisket, ribs and chicken are favorites. Sides of mac & cheese, cole slaw, potato salad, broccoli & carrot salad, or black beans & rice are good to the last bite! A good lunch alternative, but I would expect it to get very busy as the weather warms up outside. The bar and high-top tables are a relaxed alternative to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome!CaraDined on 3/17/2014My family and I went here for my birthday dinner after hearing a few people talk about it and how great it was. Well, it was just that! Our server Brian was great, really helpful with recommendations.. Fried Green Tomatoes being one, as a starter were so good! Ribs and Pulled Pork were perfect and the Mac & Cheese was heavenly. Im kind of a BBQ snob and always looking for a good spot.. This place is definitely my new favorite and I cant wait to come back and try other things. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and had a good time. The decor was pretty sweet, music wasn't too loud, just right. Thanks for making my birthday awesome! =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQ Ever!GardenweaselVIPDined on 3/15/2014Everything was fall-off-the-bone delicious. Spices had lots of character-nothing wimpy here. A must for your BBQ fix!Special Features:
- When can I return?AniJonesDined on 3/14/2014We have been to Harlem location, which can be hard to get I to because of the wait, and although there could still be a wait here, it is just more convenient. The food is spectacular and the extensive beer list is great! The fried green tomatoes app and shrimp boil are an A+ And the ribs fall off the bone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finger-licking GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014There is nothing negative to be said about Dinosaur Bar-B-que Stamford. The food is incredible. The staff are pleasant and eager to be of assistance. There is plenty of parking. Would definitely recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 10 BBQ in country? Absolutely!MILKSDined on 3/7/2014Every time I go the food is awesome! No matter what you choose it seems like you can't go wrong...all delicious. One of my favorites is the Churassco Chicken Steak! Pure culinary genius. So flavorful, tasty and one of the best you'll have anywhere. Great ambience, not too loud, lots of energy and service is always on point. Food comes out quick, and you can't ask for better BBQ than this. P.S.those chicken wings are outta this world!Special Features:
- Tasty good, below par serviceNFdinerDined on 3/5/2014There were five in our group and we each tried a different entrée. We each enjoyed our choices. The rustic atmosphere was interesting though it was a little loud. We were glad the food was tasty, because the service left a lot to be desired. I'd go back for the food and give the service another chance. Hopefully, we'd get a better server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like the rochester onedebmomVIPDined on 3/2/2014The food at dinosaurs in rochester is fabulous. Fall off the bone BBQ. Unfortunately this location in Stamford is not up to the same standardSpecial Features:
- Completely satisfied!NatashaDined on 3/1/2014I traveled an hour and ten minutes to meet old coworkers here for an early dinner. We ended up spending four hours here! The drink selection was great, the fried green tomatoes and shrimp boil appetizers were to die for! The ribs were super tender and very well seasoned! For dessert I tried the chocolate peanut butter pie and thoroughly enjoyed it! This trip was well worth it and I'd definitely do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glorious Glorious Dino BBQNickDined on 2/28/2014Hands down, best BBQ you're going to have in the north east. Un real deliciousness pours out of those smokers... Amazing mouth watering food. Order everything. Everything is delicious. Seriously, order everything. It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014Loved it and can't wait to go back! After I digest a little!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs DisappointingJaneVIPDined on 2/22/2014The ribs were overcooked Saturday night. Usually they are great. The sides and the pulled pork did not disappoint, howeverSpecial Features:
- Good food and down to earthMikeDined on 2/21/2014Good food and down to earth service. Portion sizes are just right for the mid appetite - not so much you roll out of there, not so little you feel let down. Barbeque is genuine and tasty - wings, ribs and steaks got thumbs up from our familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundMrsYDined on 2/20/2014Great BBQ, but even better wait staff, attentive even though really busy. Funky interior like an old warehouse, but fun! Super duper margaritas too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious barbecue and fast serviceacswiftVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food and service, great fast-food alternative.Special Features:
- Gave a good review being nice but..Stevec316Dined on 2/12/2014Ok so my family took me here for my birthday and I had only been there once before so I was looking forward to dinner. Our server was great but they were so under staffed that he was running tables from one side of the restaurant to the other. We brought a cake with us and the hostess never told the server about it. At the end of dinner instead of the cake he brought the check. The food was good but not as good as when they first opened. All in all we had a good time and our server could not have been nicer but returning won't happen for a while.Special Features:
- Best Ribs and SidesBuckmanDined on 2/8/2014We were two couples each of which ordered the "sweetheart deal" each consisting of a rack of ribs and a choice of four sides. The food was as good as the anticipation. The side selection of beer also helped. Despite the crowd, our reservation was honored and we were seated in less than five minutes. From the time we entered until the time we left, all the staff were courteous and seemed genuinely concerned that our experience was to be a good one.Special Features:
- Consistent barbequeAndy57Dined on 2/7/2014In our many visits to Stamford Dinosaur, we have always experienced a superior meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good foodBrownieDined on 2/7/2014The ambience was energetic and the food was "down home" good. Highly recommend the fried green tomatoes and the wings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit UnfortunatJRL90Dined on 2/1/2014This was our first visit Unfortunately our table for 4 was situated right near not one but two large children parties, so needless to say, trying to have a conversation was totally out of the question for a good part of the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- past the testOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014delicious ribs....great service....fun beer menu.... can't wait to get back with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Historic Amnesiac BBQEatsDined on 1/25/2014I booked the back lounge area through Open Table and the Catering Manager, Isabella Delgado. Although I wrote a note and emailed the catering manager, our reservation was ignored. The manager was unresponsive. Luckily, one of the hostesses helped us out because I was persistent. No apology. Very disappointing. NOT GOOD FOR GROUPS, and making a reservation means nothing. Once seated, our server, Crystal, was great, and the food delicious. Thank you, Crystal, for salvaging the evening for us.
- Birthday OutingPattyDined on 1/25/2014Took my friend for a birthday dinner. She was thrilled because she had never been there. The hostess was pleasant. We didn't wait even to be seated. The waiter was prompt, courteous, friendly. The food was outstanding. My girlfriend liked it better than OUTBACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreLouSkuntVIPDined on 1/25/2014Would like to say something really positive about the food but I just can't. Great design. Friendly service. Cheap beer. The brisket is machine sliced and dry. The pulled pork tasted only of smoke. The ribs were not good. Maybe we caught a bad day but I am not going backSpecial Features:
- BBQ and RockRickficDined on 1/24/2014First time at the Stamford location and food was great. Have been a long time fan, having been to the Rochester and Harlem restaurants. My favorites: ribs, fried green tomatoes, sausage cheese and crackers, BEANS......... GREAT VIBE HERE, WAS COMPLIMENTED BY THE LIVE MUSIC - JOHNNY BOOTS BAND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great BBQRicklDined on 1/19/2014We like Dinosaur Bar-B-Que for a consistent tasty BBQ. Their ribs are just right! I tried their wings last visit and found them excellent. Not breaded or deep fried, just smoked to an excellent flavor. Plenty of bar selections.Special Features:
- Dino BBQ was dino--mite!Larry892VIPDined on 1/14/2014The atmoshpere, food and service were all very good; what more would anyone want?? Go there and enjoy great BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with good foodPaulVIPDined on 1/12/2014Enjoyed the food and craft beers. Took a while to get our food, but we got our appetizers for free.Special Features:
- Food is really good but theCTCrowDined on 1/11/2014Food is really good but the noise level is terrible. Went with the wife and adult children and we left fast after food because we couldn't hear eachother speak. Booth are on the small side so if you are big frame, ask for a table. This was my fourth time there and made reservations because last time I had to wait an hour to be sitted. Reservation was for 7:15. We arrived at 7:10 and were sitted at 7:12. Not the place to go if you wanna talk with friend at the table. Good to take the in-laws so you don't have to hear them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BBQrpimomDined on 1/11/2014A fun, vibrant atmosphere with awesome BBQ dishes. Sides are also great. Took our 17 year old and 5 of his friends for a birthday dinner, and they all loved it. Service could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apat (osaurus) on the backSunny1Dined on 1/11/2014We had a great time. The food was delicious (especially the pulled pork), and the portions were generous. The prices were very reasonable. Our server was terrific. We would definitely go back and would recommend it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but not outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Food was good but not outstanding. Fast and curteous service.Special Features:
- HUGE Disappointment:-(GatwickDined on 1/11/2014The short of it is as follows: mediocre food (even for a chain restaurant), noisy atmosphere, wait staff who need to learn the meaning of customer service.
- Fun night outJhekkDined on 1/10/2014I like to have bbq once a month or so, and this spot was fun to try with a group, We had the wings, tasty, followed by the trio meat sampler and a salad topped with bbq chicken, Five of us were seated at a long table, I wish they had a few more round tables, which are easier to socialize at.Special Features:
- Dinosaur BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014we went there on a Saturday night for my sons Birthday . I didn't find the menu very extensive, or some of the choices particularly appealing and settled for the brisket plate . My wife ordered a half rack of ribs . the brisket was not fall apart tender and the ribs were fatty and not all the cooked as you would expect .Just not a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Bar-B- QueJoePDined on 1/1/2014Perfect place for great Bar-B-Que meal for the family. Had the family meal which is perfect for 4 adults. All the food was prefect with great taste and the ribs come right off the bone. Cant go wrong planning a meal there. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great BBQ!sharcharDined on 12/31/2013Food was really good. We had gone to the Harlem location and finally got to Stamford. Kicking myself for not getting there sooner. Will definitely be back soon and will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a group of teenagers!ctmomDined on 12/31/2013I took my two sons and their friends for dinner New Years evening - it was the perfect place! Energy, good food, casual and comfortableSpecial Features:
- Patron bewareBBQ5Dined on 12/27/2013The waiter decided to pick up plates as we were still eating our appetizers. Did the same things with dinner. It is obvious he wanted to turn tables as fast as he could even though the restaurant was only 25% filled. Bad experience only ok warm, not hot BBQ. Let the patron beware.........