1575 Boulder Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitadenver.com/
- Phone: 3034774600x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Saturday and Sunday) 10am-3pm
Lunch: 11am-3pm Daily
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hours: 3:00 - 6:30pm. Please note that Vita does not take reservations on outdoor/patio seating or reservations for bar seating. We will, however, make every effort to accommodate outdoor/patio requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Damon McCoy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Vita features impromptu performances from some of Denver's best bands! Like us on Facebook to be the first to know about newly announced shows!
A word from Vita
Vita's stylish yet unpretentious atmosphere, Modern American menu of small plates and entrees, and versatile wine and cocktail offerings combine with moderate prices to present the ultimate dining experience. Situated in the Lower Highlands neighborhood, Vita features Modern American fare created by Executive Chef Damon McCoy. His cuisine features an eclectic blend of dishes with an emphasis on using only the freshest ingredients possible. Vita also offers a fine selection of Domestic and Imported wines and offers an extensive by the glass collection. Come and enjoy our Rooftop Terrace under the stars during warmer months or dine inside and enjoy a relaxing evening in LOHI! We offer complimentary valet parking 7 nights a week so parking is easy! Vita now also offers small plate versions of our Dinner Entrees for guests interested in trying multiple items on our menu or for a shared small plate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vita reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (10)scenic view (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Pre-show Eats....SLN303Dined on 8/7/2013This restaurant was perfect for our needs: we stopped in for food & drink in advance of the Cirque du Soleil show, Amaluna, in Denver.... We ate on the rooftop terrace (which would benefit from a more interesting view, but it was ok for us) and were lucky to be there during happy hour so we indulged on appetizers and half priced house wine. The wait staff was efficient and timely. Reasonable priced, nicely presented food that was oh, so good!Special Features:
- Met Friends from San Diego HereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2013Shared plates and had a nice time. Was easy to visit as not too noisy.Special Features:
- Overbook reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013After getting & paying for a babysitter we were excited to get a night out. Unfortunately they overbook reservations. When it rains they bring everyone inside and if you had a reservation they tell you to take a hike, hostess acted like we were an inconvenience for showing up. We then sat at the bar. Food was great.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013The food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. One piece of advice - don't sit outside if it looks like rain. We did and it started pouring and no indoor seating left - even though we had been promised there would be previously. Put a major damper on the evening - literally - since we had to sit at the upstairs bar alone and in the rain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the roof-top lunchPV3RS3Dined on 7/5/2013I've been to Vita on more than once occasion for the roof-top lunch. On a warm day, it cannot be beat...great vibe, great drinks, great food.Special Features:
- good fooddesmoDined on 7/4/2013Good food, good cocktails, once the high-rises (or more than 3 story buildings) popped up in Highlands they ruined the wonderful view from the patio.
- Service?!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2013The food was splendid. My girlfriend and I spent a date night at Vita and we left very confused to why the service was so poor and why there was a lack of professionalism from the waitresses. Both of us are employees in the service industry and we were pretty astonished to witness the kind of service that Vita provided. Yes, the food was great, and if we go back - we'll only be there to grub down and get out!Special Features:
- Everything was fantastic exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2013Everything was fantastic except it was just too noisy. If you want conversation, this is not the place. They ought to invest in some noise dampening equipment. I'm not looking for quiet, but you had to shout to talk to the perosn acrtoss the table from you. Absent that one thing, the food was excellent and everything else was top of the line.Special Features:
- Go for happy hour. Buy oneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013Go for happy hour. Buy one get one free on appetizers and drinks. Food is great. I like that they have the small plates option.Special Features:
- My husband and I visited VitaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2013My husband and I visited Vita for a late lunch and were very pleased with the choices and the atmosphere. My daughter and I decided to give the roof-top lunch a try and had a great experience. We ate off of the appetizer menu, drink list and dessert menu. Everything was delicious and the service was very good. Can't wait to try the dinner menu and the roof-top happy hour. Would, and have, recommended to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While expensive, the foodYayIDidntPayDined on 6/18/2013While expensive, the food was great and I enjoyed the casual rooftop setting. No awesome views now that the apartment building is up across the street but still a very nice spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, HORRIBLE food!BelaMuseDined on 6/16/2013Father's Day dinner was a bust! Spent $80 on the worst food my family has ever had! The cause? Because the head chef is off on Sundays and Mondays, leaving the worst prep cook in the industry in charge of "cooking". Awesome service though! And the rooftop seating is beautiful! I recommend only going here for Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Standard highlands restaurantSabs6157Dined on 6/8/2013The food was good, and the server was friendly. But, our server was quite forgetful with items and didn't know the menu that well. There was a live group playing inside which was nice, but i know if we had sat inside it would have been way too loud. Overall a basic restaurant experience, with the food and drinks more expensive than they should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehwinendineDined on 6/8/2013For a Saturday brunch costing a pretty penny, it was okay. Definitely had the B-team working that day...Special Features:
- Fun brunch at Vita!JOddenDined on 6/8/2013Thank you for a wonderful brunch and mimosa day at Vita. May was absolutely great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place on a Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013Service was outstanding!!! Food was very good as well!Special Features:
- TasteVegfinderDined on 6/4/2013Has a dynamic menu that has vegetarian options besides salads. The combinations and creativity found throughout the entire menu was impressive. Thoroughly enjoyed every part of my meal. The service was also outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good music, but the downstairsTBearVIPDined on 6/1/2013Good music, but the downstairs doesn't get going until after 8pm. A hot spot, but not as active as Duo down the street. Food & service were very good. Worth a second visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2013Loved it. Went prior to attending DCAPA and happy hour of two for price of one wine and appetizers was awesome.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013The food was pretty good and comes with good serving size. The service is not so good. Our server does not know the menu very well and couldn't answer our questions about it. Also was not very helpful or friendly (no smiles). We definitely have had much better services in other restaurants at this price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timetashaDined on 5/17/2013Arranged a bachelorette party here, turned out to be a small show party however still amazing, However our group felt bad for the cute waiter we all had an enjoyable start to our evening. The food was great and ambiance was fit for the party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vita is BellaRosalieDined on 5/12/2013I enjoyed this restaurant. I didn't order from the lunch menu or breakfast, but ordered the appetizers. I had calimare, it was perfect, then spazzle with kale that was fried, different and delicious and ended with baked brie with apples, pears, grapes and carmel. The waiter was enthusiastic about working there and it was very good. I can't tell you how the lunches were.Special Features:
- Thought it was fineMattVIPDined on 5/12/2013Went there for mothers day for brunch with my wife and a mutual friend. We all enjoyed our food. I didn't think it was as bad as the many negative reviews. Only complaint was that the waitress wasn't that familiar with menu (what comes with each dish). I would eat there again. I had the steak benedict and thought it was excellent.
- We always have excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013We always have excellent food and excellent service at Vita. And more importantly, we can afford to eat there as opposed to other high-end restaurants in our area.Special Features:
- Ate on the roof top! perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2013Ate on the roof top! perfect dinner. food and wine were fantastic. we had a big group and made a night of it.Special Features:
- Reach exceeds its graspHungrygirlDined on 5/3/2013Though the menu here might suggest a hip, ambitious small plates place, it's really a neighborhood place whose ambitions exceed the chef's & staff's abilities. Probably explains why we were able to get in on short notice on a Friday night, whereas colt & gray, duo, & Euclid hall were fully booked.Special Features:
- Poor Wait StaffRozzzDined on 4/30/2013My friend and I really enjoyed the food & wine @ Vita, however, both the bartender and waitress made us feel like we didn't fit in there or something to the point we probably won't be back or recommend to other friends unfortunately.Special Features:
- Despite having a reservationkm8812Dined on 4/27/2013Despite having a reservation at 8:15, when we arrived, the hostess said she had to clear our table and would be right back. We waited for another 20 minutes before she finally returned and sat us at our table. The food was okay, but not great.
- Our Vita Experienceluv2eatoutDined on 4/21/2013We had a great experience at Vita!. We went at 5:15 so we could enjoy happy hour. Our serve Randy was so helpful and accommodating. My husband and I were there with our 30 year old daughter and 88 year old mother. Everyone enjoyed their food choices. They were beautifully presented, and were equally as delicious. The prices for our wine choices and beer were exceptional for the quality. We will definitely recommend this restaurant, and look forward to returning in the near future.
- There were only 4 other peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013There were only 4 other people in the entire restaurant. Red flag. I had the french toast, it was nicely presented but was soggy and unpleasant. One other person in the party had steak and eggs and the other had a sandwich. Both said it was good. Since I was treating they might not have wanted to complain. The other person in the party also had the french toast but didn't complain. She is only 10 years old.
- Great place to have dinner.love2eatVIPDined on 4/12/2013Great place to have dinner. Not a thing on the menu that I wouldn't enjoy! Our table was a little cramped and they put us right on the aisle, but other than that we were very pleased! Our waitress was very friendly and really made the evening very special for my dad's birthday! We will for sure be back!
- everything was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013everything was absolutely amazing! I was very sad to find there was a huge apartment complex built right in the way of the view ,but still enjoyed our dining experiance.Special Features:
- Overcharged us. Poor service.VeganFoodie80212Dined on 4/5/2013Overcharged us. Poor service. Food was not special. Drinks were nothing special. I will not go again.Special Features:
- Loved being on the patio.MunchVIPDined on 3/31/2013Loved being on the patio. Service was a bit slow but drinks were on hand on a wonderful day.Special Features:
- We originally went their forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2013We originally went their for the view. However, since our last vist an multi story building had been erected obscuring any view. The food was godd to very good with a kale salad which you don't see everywhere. There is still the upstairs deck and bar so this is still the best spot for outdoor dining in the neighborhood, only now no good view.Special Features:
- The two for one appetizerKarenDined on 3/20/2013The two for one appetizer special until 6:30 is an excellent value.Special Features:
- Vita experience disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2013Waiter forgot my soup and decaf coffee after dinner. Valet parkers openly solicited tips. Food bland (mushroom risotto w/blackened shrimp)
- First time at Vita. We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013First time at Vita. We enjoyed appetizers and drinks. Delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Overpriced, food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Overpriced, food was good and well flavored, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Yes!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013The food was great! Unique and tasty. Service was good a was atmosphere. Will be dining there again.Special Features: