1575 Boulder Street
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vitadenver.com/
- Phone: 3034774600x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch (Saturday and Sunday) 10am-3pm
Lunch: 11am-3pm Daily
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
Happy Hours: 3:00 - 6:30pm. Please note that Vita does not take reservations on outdoor/patio seating or reservations for bar seating. We will, however, make every effort to accommodate outdoor/patio requests.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Damon McCoy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Vita features impromptu performances from some of Denver's best bands! Like us on Facebook to be the first to know about newly announced shows!
A word from Vita
Vita's stylish yet unpretentious atmosphere, Modern American menu of small plates and entrees, and versatile wine and cocktail offerings combine with moderate prices to present the ultimate dining experience. Situated in the Lower Highlands neighborhood, Vita features Modern American fare created by Executive Chef Damon McCoy. His cuisine features an eclectic blend of dishes with an emphasis on using only the freshest ingredients possible. Vita also offers a fine selection of Domestic and Imported wines and offers an extensive by the glass collection. Come and enjoy our Rooftop Terrace under the stars during warmer months or dine inside and enjoy a relaxing evening in LOHI! We offer complimentary valet parking 7 nights a week so parking is easy! Vita now also offers small plate versions of our Dinner Entrees for guests interested in trying multiple items on our menu or for a shared small plate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Vita reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)scenic view (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- It was just ok....JustOKDined on 3/1/2014The food was ok. Its nice inside, except for the bathrooms. When you walk into the bathrooms its like you are in a totally different restaurant and not in a good way. I'm glad we went during restaurant week because I'm not sure I would have liked to pay more than that.
- Great 5280 ExperienceFtothePDined on 2/28/2014Some restaurant's participate in 5280 Restaurant Week with the bare minimum. Vita has a great menu, lots of choices and the portions are perfect. Great wine, great atmosphere; all over a great experience. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014It seemed they were running low on some foods, maybe due to Restaurant Week. I ordered the kale salad - sounded wonderful - shredded kale, candied almonds, goat cheese, green onions, balsamic vinaigrette. What they brought me was a plate of torn kale, 5 or 6 tiny slivers or carrot or apple (?) - the amount was so small I couldn't tell what it was, and about a teaspoon of dressing. They didn't let me know they weren't able to serve the salad on the menu, just brought the torn kale and said nothing. It was terrible! They were out if the Peanut Butter Parfait, so we opted for vanilla & choc. cheesecake. We got plain cheesecake with a bit of chocoate drizzle, and weren't told they didn't have the choc. and vanilla until we asked.
- Good eats north DenverNorthenderDined on 2/27/2014This was our second visit to Vita and it remains an excellent choice for dinner. Interesting menu with even more interesting flavors. The service is spot on and not intrusive. Modern atmosphere and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week dinner wasmtngirlDined on 2/27/2014Restaurant week dinner was good, but has been better in the past. The presentations were sort of blah. A warm dressing would have been nice on the kale salad or perhaps cutting the kale up a little bit. The pork with mustard sauce was good, but the sauce overpowered the pork a little. It was nice to have the appetizer, salad and entrée rather than dessert. The antipasto would have been nice with either spiced or sugared nuts. These didn't even taste like they ad been toasted. Homemade crackers would have been nice too. Service was good and I love the look of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2014Restaurant week happens to be during my birthday so we had a table of fourteen. I wish I could give Vita a good review but they just didn't earn it. The service was decent but other than that .....I've eaten at some upper end places during restaurant week and always received adequate portions . Thirty dollars is not a small sum for a meal, & Vita really skimped on the portion sizes. The steak was tough, the spatetzle greasy, the doughnuts nothing great. As a trained chef I really expected better. Vita gas much improving to do .Special Features:
- Not a fan.Rizzle931VIPDined on 2/24/2014Well, went here on a date with my wife.. took seconds to get seated.. but that was the only time the whole night anything happened quickly. The food was of the "foodie" variety, but wasn't anything special in my eyes. The wait times for appetizers was 20 minutes.. then another 20 minutes for salads, then 35 minutes for our entrees. It was not exceptionally busy. The waitress was friendly, but slow. The acoustics in the building aren't great.. so I could hear everyone else's conversation in the place. They also were not impressed.
- Great Food and Great ServiceBriarichVIPDined on 2/24/2014Once again, Denver Restaurant week has afforded us an opportunity to find a new (for us) restaurant that we love. The food was fantastic (the full menu was offered for Restaurant week rather than a limited sample) and every meal the four of us was superb. The wait staff was fantastic, especially Autumn, who helped us through the menu and made recommendations that we loved. The interior of the place was also comfortable and contemporary. Great find, and one we will return to often.Special Features:
- DisappointingStephCDined on 2/23/2014The food was way to salty. Plating had something to be desired. I used to love this place, but it has obviously gone downhill.
- Vita.DenverdinerDined on 2/22/2014It was our first restaurant during restaurant week. We had never been since I like to try new restaurant during this time period. We had a wonderful meal and the service by Brittany couldn't have been better. Food was a little slow coming but we have come to expect this during restaurant never bothers us unless it is excessive which is wasn't It was worth the wait Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was excellent -OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014everything was excellent - we had a wonderful evening. So grateful for 5280 and finding this oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2014Have not been on a few years. Went on v day. Just not that goodSpecial Features:
- Cool Ambiance - Great FoodTKayDined on 1/29/2014Decided to have a lunch date at Vita based on the reviews on OpenTable. Made a reservation then arrived and found there was no need...only one other couple eating. Ordered an ice coffee (they were temporarily out) but the manager went down the street and brought one back. Great start! We shared a bowl of tomato/squash soup that was delicious (spiced just right). The menu is full of interesting salad and sandwich combinations - diced apples, cheeses, walnuts intermixed. I had the turkey club on chiabata bread with avocado and thick cut bacon. Very good. My date had the Greek salad and raved about the mix of flavors. We both sat there wondering why the place was so quiet. Great food...excellent service. Going back to try dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food!comamaVIPDined on 1/18/2014Service was attentive and food was solid. Not sure I would go back anytime soon but it was good enough for a date night. Super easy evening and it was an enjoyable place. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workDenverDinerDined on 1/4/2014The service was excellent, but there is a reason we were one of only a handful of tables on a weekend night. The food, while presented well, was average. For the prices listed, one would expect a much better quality and flavor. The NY strip cut was a mid - choice cut at best with very little marbling or natural flavor. They are close but need work to compete with other highlands established restaurants.Special Features:
- A New Year's Eve romanceseaprincess66Dined on 12/31/2013My fiance and I had a memorable evening filled with a romantic air, exotic tastes for our pilates and a great server, Melanie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Awful service. Manager told party of 6 to leave because he had a reservation waiting. Our dining experience was terrible and the service was nonexistent.
- Christmas Eve DinnerTiffanyDined on 12/24/2013Regular menu was served and food was very good, I liked that they offered two different portion sizes in the dish I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not for the price...MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 12/22/2013The food and service was good, it was a cute place and normally that is exactly what you need to really enjoy a place.. Unfortunately the price here is just waaayyy to high. I am one who will easily go and drop $200 on a meal and not think twice however here it is easier to do than anywhere else and you do not get much for it. The portions do not equal up to the dollar and the quality is just not equal to the price.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/21/2013Super friendly staff and very accommodating to family. We were there on a quiet evening and fairly late, so it wasn't terribly busy. The food was excellent all the way around. Great service and very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great areaChupacabraDined on 12/18/2013Love the Highlands. Vita has a cheap parking lot across the street. Try the wrap. Perfect size with killer fries. Met some old high school and college friends for lunch from as far away as Boulder and Franktown. Vita was perfect. Close to I-25. A must in the summer.Special Features:
- Wonderful CelebrationRikaLeeDined on 11/16/2013My friends and I celebrated my 26th birthday as well as their engagement at Vita, and could not have asked for a better place to celebrate. The service was amazing, the food was very tasty and they made our night esp. special by presenting us with a champagne toast to help us celebrate! It's hard to find "gems" like Vita any more! Thank you Vita for helping make our night special! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent happy hourKatheyVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food was great, happy hour prices were very reasonable, and they had a very nice wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vita Veta Vegamix (a Lucy tribute)CinfullyDeliciousVIPDined on 11/5/2013Service was good if a little slow. Food was good. Cool little neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Great ResturantDonnaDined on 11/2/2013We brought our friend Mary there for her birthday and it was awesome. Our server, Autumn, was fantastic! Love the interaction and Loved the stories.Special Features:
- LovelyyayfoodDined on 11/1/2013Hidden behind one of the busiest streets in the Highlands, Vita offers an upscale neighborhood feel, with a warm ambience suitable for either a romantic dinner or a get together with a couple close friends. The servers are like shadows, never butting into conversations to ask drink orders, but intuitively know when to bring another beverage, and what the table needs. Vita is one of the best restaurants in Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night with FriendsCarolineDined on 10/26/2013We chose Vita off the cuff due to its location and reviews on this site. We had good service and great food! It was a bit loud and tables crowded close together, but we all enjoyed the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not interested in this bellini.BeesRnotMyThingDined on 10/19/2013Sitting on a roof-top patio, a bee landed in my friend's bellini. We called the waitress over and let her know that this had occured. Soon, the manager/hostess came up and took the almost full bellini over to the bar. We watched her fish the bee out with a spoon and drop the bee on the bar. She then brought the drink back to our table. We looked at her in horror and she asked, "are you no longer interested in this bellini?" The answer was no and she then stated, "it's just a bee." We asked for another one and she got an attitude and said she would only bring one if they had more puree. They did, but it took a long time. Also, we ordered medium rare steaks and they came out well done. They comped one of our meals, but that was it.
- Maybe too TamegirlsnightDined on 10/18/2013Pretty and quiet and good for people getting away from their kids to have dinner. but celebrating a birthday for a group of girls it was not quite what we were looking for, but not the rerestaurants fault. Nice waitress, good food, but deserted by 9:30 on a Friday night. I would go their with my husband to avoid noise and and young people.Special Features:
- Overall - great!KristenVIPDined on 10/5/2013Great menu & service! We were a group of 6 - salads were all delicious & main entrees were also. Only mild complaint is that that the sea bass/crawfish hash was super salty. Otherwise, great ambiance, menu & service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks good on paper but...RenaCoVIPDined on 10/5/2013the food was just average and the service was soooo slow! My friend and I went for Saturday brunch. There was a baby shower and another group of four. There was only one cook, one server and the bartender who tried to help. Basically, just try not to set your expectations above average...
- Good LunchHighlandneighborDined on 10/2/2013Met a couple of friends at Vita for lunch. The food was excellent, the service was very good and it wasn't too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and kitchen!BfostDined on 9/25/2013We usually go to Vita for HH with 1/2 priced appetizers and cocktails. The service is never great but on an incredibly slow Wednesday night the service was horrible. The restaurant was empty and a little too quiet. The service took over an hour for our entrees that were tiny portions and over priced. We were a table of 6 so gratuity was automatic and the server deserved 10% at most. I am a huge foodie and with all the great choices we will never repeat this awful experience. All the other restaurants on the block were packed so everyone else also knows there are much better choices.
- We did end up dining on aSecretSamDined on 9/20/2013We did end up dining on a Friday night so that could explain the spotty service, or perhaps if we hadn't sat on the rooftop patio, we could have received more attentive service. The food was excellent though! .Special Features:
- Good FoodckellerDined on 9/14/2013Overall the food was great, but the noise level can be defining and makes conversation difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls' Night OutAngieHodappDined on 9/13/2013I needed to book a table for dinner for 14 people, and after searching OpenTable, I decided to give Vita a try. It was great! Our reservation wasn't until 8:15, but several in our party showed up as early as 7:00 to have a drink in the bar. Vita seated us early in a semi-private dining room, with shutters to pull across the half-wall to shut out the noise from the main area. Cocktails and food? Delicious! And our server was amazing. She separated our checks with a smile (not the eye roll or deep sigh we've all experienced at other restaurants) and kept everything perfectly straight. The only downside is that it's challenging to find parking in that neighborhood. If you go, take advantage of the Vita's valet parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch disappointmentdenverfoodieloveVIPDined on 8/23/2013We went at lunch and sat on the rooftop patio. The food was decent, but the noise from the nearby construction was so loud I couldn't hear anyone else at my table. I have been here several times for dinner and have to say the dinner service is much better. Maybe they were just having an off day?Special Features:
- Happy 49thhappyhoosiersDined on 8/22/2013Looking for a place to celebrate, we found Vita online, and liked the menu. We were very pleased with all of our selections, from wine to appetizers through desserts. It was nice that they offered "Little Man" ice cream, so we avoided the long line at Little Man that we saw after leaving Vita.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013The food at this location really really surprised me! It was phenomenal. The bar tender also went well out of his way to make me a special drink that I requested. Great service! I live only a few streets away from this location and would definitely like to come back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent Happy HourReedbDined on 8/11/2013We went for dinner, but is was early so we ordered off the happy hour menu. Most everything was excellent (suggest you skip the spaetzle), and very reasonably priced. Most diners were on the roof patio, so the downstairs was mostly empty, and so the noise rating isn't relevant. We would definitely go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.