1480 First St.
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tarlagrill.com/
- Phone: 7072555599x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek
- Executive Chef: Annie Hongkham
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater all types of events. Just let us know what kind of event you plan to have and we'll make sure to have just the right menu for you. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Host your guests here for birthdays, family reunions, harvest parties, company meetings, wedding rehearsal dinners, etc. Our room seats about 50 guests and is 1,000 sq ft and there is no room rental fee. Contact us for reservations and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Megan 8889818714
A word from Tarla Grill
Tarla Grill, situated in downtown Napa offers a straightforward yet sophisticated menu of Greek and Turkish Fusion Cuisine. Whether you are looking to enjoy some cocktails and meze’s at the bar during happy hour, catch the latest sports game, or enjoy a breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner at one of our intimate tables, Tarla Grill is sure to satisfy even those with the most discernible of palates. Allow us to share this dining and cultural experience with you in a refreshing change of cuisine that will shake up your taste buds ...Continued
NOTE: Tarla Grill only accepts online reservations for parties of up to 5 people. For larger parties, please give us a call!
NOTE: Tarla Grill only accepts online reservations for parties of up to 5 people. For larger parties, please give us a call!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tarla Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (11)special occasion (10)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great dinner before a showRobertaDined on 5/24/2014What a great find! We had tickets to a show at the Uptown Theater and found Tarla Grill when looking for a nearby dinner spot before the show. The food was great, and the service was exceptional. We mentioned to our server that we were going to the show, so they right away asked what time we needed to be "out the door" so we could be on time for our plans which I thought was very considerate. We shared some appetizers and each had our own entrée, and everyone in the group loved what they had. Thanks for helping to make it a great evening all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek and Turkish Diining TreatJazzmanDined on 5/24/2014We had 3 Greek dishes and the Scallops. All the food was well prepared and tasty. The service was outstanding which contrasted to the shortages of several beverages and some dishes, and this was early on the Saturday of a three day holiday. Our waiter was not only well informed but very gracious in offering us a taste of a wine we were considering. My only food complaint was that the white asparagus served with the scallops was very woody. The dish would have been better using a turnip or fingerling potato as a base for the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best mediteranian grillwhitericeDined on 5/23/2014This is one of the best mediteranian grills that I have been to. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Probably my first '5 star' review. But this was a gem - amazing food and service for the price. And very low key - especially considering its in Napa. Highly recommended - and please do ge the meat balls!Special Features:
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Dinning at Tarla is great experience , great service, great food and relaxing atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great findkatnakDined on 5/9/2014Had the scallops, which was good. The sauce was unlike anything I had ever had. Tangy, sweet. Friend had the beef short rib which was very tasty. Another friend had the moussaka. That was the least liked of all the dishes. Service was excellent. Staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumsaxyDined on 5/7/2014Good for Vegetarians!! I am not however, so more choices for me. I had lamb kabobs so good with beans and the best beat salad. The food here is excellent, presentation is wonderful. I will be back.........Special Features:
- The good, the not so goodSteveDined on 4/26/2014Food was excellent, service started out slow, but then became OK. Lots of hard surfaces so it was loud, but every table was filledSpecial Features:
- best meal of entire vacationfoodluvrDined on 4/25/2014From the taste to the presentation of the food, everything was perfect. I appreciate the hardwork of the chefs. They busted their chops the entire time.Though dining fine I was overly impressed by the limited wait time for our food. From the time I ordered our food it was at our table within 10 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go wrong with this choice!mulebegladyouwentDined on 4/24/2014We got there around 6PM and had a great dinner with exceptional service. But by 7:30PM when we were leaving the noise level had REALLY come up. Lamb kabob was delicious and the mushroom risotto was delicious and our server matched us with the Hughes Zinfandel 2009. YUMSpecial Features:
- First try2outoftownersDined on 4/22/2014Picked on the basis of entree (ling cod) offered in tourist mag menu. Went early on Tuesdsy evening. Great short ribs/risotto. The Ling cod did not disappoint. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Excellent middle eastern foods. Short ribs were delicious. Good service.moderate noise . Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food.kwaldoDined on 4/17/2014Had a light dinner after touring all day. Food was fresh and quickly prepared. Service was very good. Only drawback was that it was SO noisy. Street noise had us opt to sit inside, but with nothing soft inside to dampen the noise, it was difficult to hear person seated with. And it was not crowded when we were there. I would go again as I loved the food, just beware the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cuisine experience...KanobregaDined on 4/16/2014The menu variety offered here was a very pleasant experience. Many of the food choices are typically difficult to find properly prepared in our home state. Great food with outstanding presentation. Not in a negative way - the establishment is not ideal for a romantic dinner for two, but is great for lively groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday dinnermacceeDined on 4/16/2014Very nice menu and food was delicious. Portions just right. Waiter Ramses was very good and knew the menu well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok place. meh food. nice settingwithoutnicknameDined on 4/12/2014Nice sidewlk seating. A little pricey for the food quality. Food did not taste made from scratch-feels as if cans and jars were used. Eggplant (in stuffed eggplanr plate) was too fibrous. Same with the mussaka. Did not feel the smoked eggplant in babaganoush. Wachagonnadoboutit moment: The meze plate comes with (seemingly on purpose) very little pita. Waiter walks by and out of the blue asks, More pita? For a second I thought, What an awesome waiter - how observant! And I said Yes! Pita bread comes, and it's there when you realize it's gonna cost you. Right on, $2 on the bill. It's not the amount, but the principle. Visiting again? Highly unlikely.Special Features:
- Tarlariffic!RockyDined on 4/7/2014Reservations for 7 at lunch was a breeze. The staff was friendly; the atmosphere was unpretentious and comfortable. Glasses were always topped off and the food made it to the table quickly. Speaking of the food...it was delicious! Not over spiced or over sauced and a good portion for a lunchtime meal. This was the first time enjoying this restaurant and I'm looking forward to trying more items on the menu in the near future!Special Features:
- The lunch specials are a must!Adventurer66VIPDined on 3/31/2014We had lunch at Tarla and we're thankful we did. The lamb kabob lunch plate I had was very flavorful and the "Meze Plate" appetizer was a big hit with all three of us. I plan on retuning for lunch again (hope to make if tor dinner as well) the next time I am in Napa.Special Features:
- great food but too noisysomeoneDined on 3/29/2014I liked everything about this restaurant except the high noise level. I would surely go back for lunch but not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceSeverinVIPDined on 3/27/2014I arranged a dinner for our group of 8 - and we all had an exceptional experience. The restaurant was very hip and comfortable and the staff was extremely nice and helpful - we felt very welcome immediately. Our entrées were delicious and dessert was also great. It was our first trip to Napa so they provided many tips and recommendations. I couldn't have been pleased more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, fantastic servicesk8ladyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Title says it all! Gave us delicious free dessert because there was a little bit of a wait for food. Meals were excellent. Only downside was that restaurant was extremely loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had dinnerGC140FBCVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I had dinner at Tarla for the second time. Our first visit (two years ago) was wonderful--terrific appetizer platter, good moussaka, great lambburger! On our visit last Saturday, we were disappointed. My salad was swimiming in dressing, my husband's scallops came with shrimp which he is allergic to (menu did not say shrimp). The burger, however, was wonderful! We will return to Tarla in the future but will order only the appetizers and the burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not have the first choiceBartDined on 3/21/2014Did not have the first choice of wine we ordered. Server was not as polished as expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoritemarzelDined on 3/21/2014We go here for our special dinners or just because! Good selection of food with perfect blended flavors. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean Nouvelle DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2014We are a group of friends who live in different locations in the North Bay - Fairfield, Sonoma and Vallejo. We were looking for a good lunch/brunch spot where we could meet, relax and enjoy some good food at a leisurely pace before going to a movie matinee at the new Century Cineplex, Napa. So we also wanted it to be close by the cinema. Tarla Grill met all these conditions and then some. It was a warm day and we could have dined outside on the shady patio in front, but we chose to be indoors. The restaurant decor is contemporary, warm and comfortable. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly, and the service is excellent. There were six of us altogether, and we all agreed we would love to dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food. Fresh, hotilovefood3Dined on 3/15/2014Delicious food. Fresh, hot pita bread was amazing. Our server was wonderful, she went out of her way to take care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as always. TarlaNapaSueDined on 3/10/2014Very good as always. Tarla is one of our favorite Napa restaurants.Special Features:
- Napa Locals Favorite!mattieice4foodwineVIPDined on 3/7/2014As a Napa Local, Tarla is one of my favorites. It's a great alternative to your typical dinning experiences downtown. The lamb meatballs, warm hummus and braised short ribs over risotto are all my favorites. I've only been treated with the best service and have only heard the same from others. If you're reading this, you should already have made your reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NapaloveswineVIPDined on 3/7/2014We were on vacation when we tried this fabulous restaurant. The food, service, ambiance are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarla Grill for great spicesnapadiner2VIPDined on 3/4/2014Excellent variety of well-prepared mediterranean selections which will take several more visits to try them all. A very welcoming atmosphere. Cheerful and efficient service.Special Features:
- DeliciousHBHuneeDined on 3/1/2014I dined at Tarla Grill last weekend during a girls trip to Napa. We tried other restaurants during our stay but we were all in agreement that the food and service at Tarla Grill was bar far the best! We started with the sampler appetizer platter...delish! I had the scallop dish which was so flavorful. My friend had the stuffed eggplant which was really good, too. We ended the evening with desserts of stuffed apricots and bakalva, both were so good! I would highly recommend and if I lived closer would regularly dine at Tarla Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK experienceLocaldinerDined on 3/1/2014To quantify this rating, we were looking for a vegetarian restaurant. Tarla was OK in its offerings. Waiter only filled water glass half way each time which was odd - caused a lot more table visits. I always ask the question, "Would I go there again?" Answer: would try another restaurant first.
- Consistently goodWine24VIPDined on 2/28/2014If you need a place in napa to dine that's not over expensive this is one of my go to places to dine. Always good, fresh tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allow lots of timesergeVIPDined on 2/27/2014Went for lunch. Greeted at the door and shown to table. Then no one noticed us for about 10 + minutes tho we tried to flag down one of the many staff. Place was about half full. Starter came promptly then about 35 minutes elapsed and several prompts to the waiter before entree arrived. Wait staff seems not to have a clue how to do their jobs. Food OK
- Capa at napa 2014 tripAndy123VIPDined on 2/22/2014Very busy, crowded a little frenetic inside. Traditional Mediterranean tastes in a nouveau med food setting in downtown napa. 45 late in seating our Rez. Gave us free baclava for dessert.Special Features:
- Tarla is hit or miss for food...reaH2ogzVIPDined on 2/21/2014Tarla is hit or miss for food...really good or just average...unfortunately this nite it was average. The short ribs were over cooked but the risotto with it was great. Same with meatball apps...this nite way over cooked, but when they are done right they are amazing. My suggestion is go before 830p after that time the quality drops and you can hear the cooks complaining about working late.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a KindJohnAlDined on 2/20/2014This place is AMAZING, We were planning to have dinner the second night somewhere else, but after the experience the first night we had to go again. 5 Stars Service, authentic food that taste great and very healthy. Trala will be one of the reasons that we will visit Napa again!Special Features:
- had a great time for my wifesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2014had a great time for my wifes birthday. They were very kind to send out a 2nd dessert also as we were having a night off too from our 1yr old. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeAtegreatDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I were in Napa for a weekend and Saturday night we made reservations. We were a little early and they seatted us right away. Our service was excellent and food was great! We left full and was very happy! We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING RESTAURANTCassiebaby18Dined on 2/14/2014I went here for valentines day and let me say I did not expect it to be THAT GOOD. This restaurant left my date and I drooling hours after leaving!! The food was AMAZING!! Everything is jam packed with flavor. I highly recommend the Greek trio for appetizer and the cod for your entree. ENJOY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.