Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club
20 Clubhouse Rd
Santa Cruz, CA 95060Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehollinshouse.com/
- Phone: 8314599177x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: 4:00pm-5:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Friday 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: John Paul Lechtenberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room with a fabulous view and fireplace that comfortably seats 20.
- Private Party Contact: Margy Seifert 8314313231x
A word from Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club
Hollins House Restaurant is conveniently located on the Pasatiempo Golf Club Property. There is not a more spectacular setting or view in all of Santa Cruz. Atmosphere, view, location, food, service...we have it allContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club - Best Restaurants in Santa Cruz ›
Hollins House - Pasatiempo Golf Club reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (35)scenic view (35)fit for foodies (23)romantic (22)special occasion (20)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Call before you goOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014I found Hollins House on the santacruz.org website and booked a reservation for Saturday night. The entrance to the restaurant is actually in the back and is also the location of the Tap Room. As I had made the reservation for 6:30 I thought it odd that we were the only people there, but for a group sitting over by the bar. I ordered the Prime Rib, my mother ordered the sand dabs. The food was excellent, the server was very attentive, and the view was spectacular. My main complaint was the wedding reception going on right next door that was, as to be expected, playing loud music. So, if you go, call ahead to find out if there is a reception or other party going on. Otherwise, enjoy the food and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a good place to gosuziDined on 2/22/2014This place is a hidden gem. It's rarely crowded, has quiet ambience and good food with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not specialPuchDined on 2/21/2014We were very much hoping for a really special dining experience, after hearing so much about the place, we sat in the bar area tables. The beef stroganoff which I had was ok at best my friend didn't like his and did not finish, his wife had a filet which she said was chewy, My wife had the salmon and said it was the best she's had in awhile. The service was terrible we had to keep asking people not our waiter for things like bread and more drinks also we had 3 different wait people bring us our food with very large waiting times in between. The restaurant was only half full.Special Features:
- The chefjudyVIPDined on 2/20/2014Months ago he promised a seasonal new menu. That was before Thanksgiving 2013. Where is it? It has been the same menu for over a year. We are very frequent customers but are looking for new places to go as we have had just about everything on the tired menu. I do have to admit that he did add Pizza's to the menu which we are huge fans. So is the same for many other diners. But enough!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasiontomnkarenDined on 2/20/2014It is always a pleasure to dine in this beautiful historic home. We have been coming here for years and it is such a treat to look down across the golf course to the ocean, watch the winter sunset and chose from the excellent wine list. The meat, fish, and vegetarian dishes are not run-of-the-mill. We particularly enjoyed our salmon dish.Special Features:
- Hidden gem at a golf coursedocglennDined on 2/15/2014I've dined at Hollins House a few times over 20 years. The ambiance is formal. With the very high ceilings and brighter lighting, you can't call it intimate, but there's no doubt you're in a classy restaurant. The view is spectacular, actually better than Chaminade. The food is certainly better than Chaminade. We were impressed by the main courses. My dessert was supposed to be a blueberry turnover, but the blueberries were overwhelmed by red raspberries (evidently used as filler); however, the homemade vanilla ice cream was to die for. Service was earnest, but spotty. A second glass of wine was forgotten and the water server carefully avoided our area of the room - these are things that are easily fixed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hollins House has a classy,YogiDined on 2/14/2014The Hollins House has a classy, historical, elegant ambience. The food is really wonderful and the view of the Monterey Bay is beautiful.Special Features:
- Been coming to Hollins HousewallyDined on 2/7/2014Been coming to Hollins House for over 30 years for both corporate and personal functions.....always a place of value and caters to the dinner guests with a high level of quality......very enjoyable......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantastic!NervousKnitterDined on 2/6/2014Hollins House always has five star food; they change the menu from time to time so nothing gets stale and they always have incredible specials. We are always surprised that they aren't busier--I think many of the locals think of it as a special venue for weddings and forget that they are a "regular" restaurant as well. We have never had a bad meal, have always had fantastic service, the view is breath taking, and you don't have to get all dressed up (but don't wear flip-flops, either. It's a classy joint!). The Hollins House is a true gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dininglongtoretireDined on 2/6/2014We are never disappointed in Hollins House. The food is exquisite, the presentation note-worthy, the service attentive, and the views spectacular. My dining companion and I both had beef dishes, and we were so pleased with the flavor and tenderness of the beef. The sauces on our appetizer and dinner plates were perfectly seasoned and reduced. Our only complaint was that the appetizer was not presented with a serving spoon, and we had to wait for our waiter to ask for one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2014Hollins house is my neighborhood restaurant. The staff is always outstanding and the food is wonderful. We meet many of our neighbors when we dine there. This is a very special place with a great view and wonderful people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve dinner was awesome. Limited menu but everything on the menu looked fantastic. The service was great. For the quality on the food, the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have always enjoyed HollinsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013We have always enjoyed Hollins House dining. It's a beautiful setting with great food and excellent service. In fact, we had our rehearsal dinner there 37 years ago and always remember the restaurant with positive feelings.Special Features:
- wonderful 43rd wedding anniversaryjanbDined on 12/11/2013It was a perfect evening! Great food - fabulous atmosphere- superior server, Keoki!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Food was excellent and a great value. Wait staff were friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Golf course retreatBonvivantDined on 11/21/2013I really like the fine dining in a more relaxed setting. Definitely an older crowd scene. Beautiful view above the golf course and ocean in the distance. Fabulous for dining outside in summer or even Easter. I prefer tables in bar with a fireplace, the dining room has a large ballroom feeling, ok for weddings. The oysters Rockefeller are delicious, and potatoes dauphinois to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!keteloneloverDined on 11/15/2013Our group of four had a delightful evening. Great food in an atmosphere where we could talk easily and enjoy the view. Our waitress, Alice, was very, very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollin's House is favoritethiaDined on 10/31/2013Hollin's House is favorite restaurant in Santa Cruz for a special dinners, or dinner with a few friends. The food is always good, the safe wonderful, and the view either from the patio, the tap room, or the dinning room window as the sun is setting and the lights down in the city are beginning to twinkle against the darkness of night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollins HouseLuv2socialDined on 10/29/2013Our book club met for a special meeting...Hollins House is gorgeous, beautiful views, great sunsets, and the food and staff were top notch. Our servers went out of their way to make us feel special and to meet our requests. I would highly recommend and would go back. We made the noise level "energetic".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Santa CruzBestVIPDined on 10/25/2013By far the best restaurant in Santa Cruz for your dining or special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experienceMikemDined on 10/25/2013The staff was very attentive, the food was great. Had filet mignon done perfectly. Had Oysters and clams. Beautiful ocean view on a clear day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal...unsurpassed viewdesignergirlDined on 10/5/2013Nearly perfect.....food, portions,service, view. Interesting desserts out of this world! We have eaten here several times this year and have never been disappointed. Ask for a window table or table at the edge of the patio for a panoramic view of Pasatiempo golf course and the entire Monterey Bay . Time your dinner to correspond with the sunset followed by the lights of Santa Cruz and Monterey... spectacular.Special Features:
- Choose wiselyAlleyDined on 10/5/2013The other three people had fish and enjoyed their meal. I had prime rib and was very disappointed since I don't allow myself beef often. It was dry and tasteles with no marbleing. It was like a rump roast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were greeted in a friendlyMikeDined on 9/5/2013we were greeted in a friendly and professional manner and shown to our seats promptly. There is a spectacular ocean view across the Monterey Bay. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Food was delicious and we paid less than expected. A great experience overall.Special Features:
- Best outdoors dining experienceCowgirlDined on 9/4/2013We had dinner at sunset on the beautiful Hollins House patio. The sailboats were out on the bay and the patio was lively but not crowded. There was a nice selection of nitely dinner specials. My sea bass was very fresh and well prepared. Dessert was a wonderful fresh apple brioche with homemade ice cream. Great experience.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. They wereRodgerDined on 8/22/2013Food was excellent. They were out of the halibut almost immediately...if they ever had it. Waitress was very slow. Bartender finally delivered our martini's and apologized that they may not be as cold as we had ordered. It was another 30 minutes before we saw our waitress again. Lighting was too bright and suddenly half the lights were dimmed too much making the wall sconces and front lobby chandelier look like spotlights. Fountain in the front was never lit. There was an irritating light bulb flickering on and off in one of the "speaker" cases. The chef deserves a better venue.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2013The historic setting and pleasing ambience of the Hollins House are unique. It's a wonderful venue for weddings and special occasions. The views above the golf course and out onto Monterey Bay are beautiful. We ordered an appetizer, seafood entrees, and drinks. All were good but not perfectly executed; nevertheless, we would go back for the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceluvSCdiningDined on 8/13/2013We went there for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were able to sit outside with a magnificent view of Monterey Bay. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the food was absolutely magnificent. We ordered appetizers which were seared ahi and fried tempura green beans with teriyaki dipping sauce, and entrees of sand dabs and king salmon with potatoes and asparagus. Everything was cooked to perfection and tasted soooooo good. We will be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Santa CruzBestVIPDined on 7/30/2013This restaurant is our favorite. Can't quite say enough good things about it. The food the service the beautiful view overlooking the city and Monterey Bay; breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening at Hollins HousePaulDined on 6/8/2013A beautiful setting, an intriguing menu and pleasant, efficient and courteous servuce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit ReportDINEDined on 6/8/2013Our res was made with a request for possible table by the window. We were put in the dark bar instead of in the beautiful, light dining room where multiple tables were vacant. I asked if our party could be re-positioned and they accommodated us readily. They did a wonderful job splitting salads and entrees for our 2 elderly mothers. Everyone was happy with their food choices, and we will definitely return soon with the hope of dining out on the patio deck on a clear day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!yumytumyDined on 5/24/2013We enjoyed eating in the bar. The scene was lively and everyone was happy to be at Hollins. The food was especially good and I would say it was better than ever. We had cocktails and then the prime rib. The dinning room is nice and quiet if you want a more reserved atmosphere. The view is outstanding.Special Features:
- Shhhhhhh, It's a SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2013This small restaurant at the top of the hill, overlooking the golf course, is virtually unknown to anyone but locals. The view of Santa Cruz and the Bay alone is worth the trip, but it also has a nice selection of local wines to be enjoyed out on the patio. The regular menu is small, with a few specials each night, but each item is excellently prepared. On our last visit, I had truffle gnocchi, melt-in-your-mouth light with artichoke hearts and mushrooms - absolutely delicious. They always have a nice balance of fish, meat and vegetarian choices. Oh, and the French onion soup is extraordinary - thank goodness it's on the regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor brunchHappyMomDined on 5/12/2013Excellent food with delicious desserts. The best buffet in Santa Cruz county! Very attentive staff. i even received a lesson in how to make the perfect omelet. The perfect setting for a special event or romantic get-away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceladiesnightoutDined on 5/7/2013The was enough variety in the menu so there were choices for all of our dietary tastes. They were wonderful about letting us split side dishes. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive without hovering. All the dishes we ate were very attractively served and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Santa CruzBestVIPDined on 4/25/2013This is the perfect venue. You can sit outside overlooking the golf course and Monterey Bay; or inside the "tap room" with the bar scene TV sports, Etc.; or you can eat in the formal dining room. You have the same Great menu in each area. with outstanding food. There's also a private room large enough for two dozen should you have a special event. My wife and I believe this is the best restaurant in Santa Cruz.Special Features:
- A night at the Hollins House.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013The Hollins House looks to be a bit past its prime. The restaurant was a bit shabby around the edges. Menu books were worn and tattered, paper peeling off of the walls in the rest room, dining room needed a paint job. The outside of the restaurant needed some gardening and cleanup too. All in all, a bit tatty for the price of the meal. The wait staff was very competent and friendly but they didn't look up to the standards of a top flight dinner place. Waitress's shirt was untucked showing a bit of belly, bus boy needed some grooming help. Our steaks were a bit overdone but still very tasty. One very positive comment is their bar is very well stocked and they pour a generous drink.Special Features:
- Santa Cruz's best Restaurant!!!BestVIPDined on 3/22/2013The food was outstanding, the service impeccable, and we set out the window overlooking the entire city of Santa Cruz, boardwalk, and bay.Special Features:
- Enjoyed this unique location,TravelwiseVIPDined on 3/9/2013Enjoyed this unique location, with historical background. I hope more folks try this beautiful restarant either for dinner or happy hous. Always call for their hours, as they get booked for special events. I can't eait to try their buffet on Easter.Special Features:
- Outstanding choice in Santa CruzBestVIPDined on 2/2/2013Fabulous view overlooking the Monterey Bay. Outstanding food. Extremely romantic setting.Special Features: