235 Healdsburg Ave. Suite 105
Healdsburg, CA 95448Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelucia.net/
- Phone: 7074311113x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 11:30 am-3:00p
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Manuel Azevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Email inquiries to email@example.com
A word from Cafe Lucia
Just steps away from Healdsburg’s landmark plaza, Café Lucia offers Cozinha Nova PortuguesaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Lucia - Best Restaurants in Healdsburg ›
Cafe Lucia reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (21)romantic (18)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (14)good for groups (14)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014Food was good, had things I never would have ordered normally. One meal was great (pork loin) and the fish meal was ok, just too salty for my taste. Other than that over all was good as we had talked others who really liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great authentic PortugeseSlumpoDined on 3/12/2014great authentic Portugese recipes to try something different but other safer items also. desserts are fantasticSpecial Features:
- Amazing!melaniemaria83Dined on 3/11/2014We dined here on a Tuesday evening. The food, service, and ambience were spectacular. I will definitely recommend this restaurant and will return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time a CharmmosseeVIPDined on 3/11/2014Great food and service. We visited with friends using the SoCo restaurant week as an excuse and the value was excellent. Kind, attentive service and a relaxed and rather eclectic atmosphere. Of particular note is the wine list with a good but limited selection of Portuguese wines to offset the local choices which are good too. The ports are outstanding and provided a very fitting end to a great meal. We will be returning soon. We plan to visit Portugal soon and this provided a good taste of things to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week findmgastwirthVIPDined on 3/11/2014I used restaurant week to try out this hidden gem. The food is inventive, well-prepared, tasty, and artistically served. The servers are efficient and friendly. If you have not dined here yet, you should. And if it's been a while, make a point to stop in for dinner or lunch soon.Special Features:
- Flavorful and different entreesHeatherHGDined on 3/10/2014Not familiar with Porteguese food, I was very pleased and enjoyed all my dishes, I will say that SALT is a ingredient you can expect in many of the dishes, so be warned if you need to moderate it, these dishes were all wonderful, but salt in the fish, olives, etc. is a prime component for that flavor. A must try if you love seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mussels, bad stewGardengirlDined on 3/8/20143/7/14. We couldn't get in until 8 p.m. but when we got there the restaurant was absolutely empty as if they served one party at a time which was a little bizarre. The mussels were flavorful, and the broth was delicious with the crusty garlic bruschetta. The Fisherman's stew was just ok. We live in a Portuguese area of MA this was not the best stew I have had since the shrimp, with head and legs intact, was undercooked and hard to peel leaving me to struggle with it. The rest of the stew including the sea bass was cooked well though, and if you like spicy linguica this is the dish for you. The broth was the best part of the dish. My friend had the whole, I think, Sea Bass which should have been deboned as it was hard to eat bones.Special Features:
- Another great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2014There's no hiding that Cafe Lucia is one of our favorite places in Healdsburg. That's saying a lot, since there are so many good eats in town. This dinner, of course, started with the chorizo bite from the chef. From there, we noshed on a traditional Portuguese soup and kale salad (it's New Year's diet resolution time) and then moved onto the day's special: a whole roasted fish from the Mediterranean Sea with potatoes, peppers, and tomatoes. Truly divine; and somewhat rare, since we normally don't find whole fish entrees (it's good to know your food). Since we're on that diet kick, we opted for a could of tawny port colheitas (i.e., single-year tawny ports, rather than blends) - 1967 and 1983. The perfect ending to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavors, pretty but not fussyShroomChefDined on 2/28/2014No idea if the food is really authentic, I've never been to Portugal, but it feels like it is. Nice presentations and good flavors. The little bites are filling enough to make a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!lmybudoDined on 2/23/2014Not being from the area, Mom and I were looking for a good restaurant and found this one online. The menu sounded good and we were looking for some different cuisine we could not get just any where...we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicegalleriaFoodVIPDined on 2/22/2014The food was great, the service was attentive but not overbearing. They treated my significant other to a wonderful birthday treat. Will definitely return next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- A wonderful find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2014Wanted to try something new and we were not disappointed. Soup, entres, including the whole fish special, and dessert were delicious. We cleaned our plates. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemLyricguyDined on 2/15/2014Second time there and will return soon to try other menus items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of their gamefaheyphotoDined on 2/14/2014We were seated promptly and were not left unattended for any length of time. Busy night and the restaurant full did not daunt the staff to prepare and serve perfect dinners. This place is what food lovers are seeking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHowardDined on 2/14/2014Lucy and her daughter Emily make you feel right at home. The food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine country gemhwyhawgDined on 2/14/2014Very nice staff. We metioned in conversation that we were on a gluten free diet. The owner was nice enough to mention it to the server. Food was well presented and perfectly cooked. The scallops were awesome....The next time you are in Headlsburg stop in for an outstanding lunch. You will not be diappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything deliciousBertDined on 2/12/2014We had a late lunch and so it was very quiet, with outstanding service. Two of us tried the ethnic dishes and were very pleased with our selection. The restaurant is in a hidden alcove, so be sure to search it out. It is well worth many return visits.Special Features:
- Outstanding Portuguese Gem!JudyDined on 2/11/2014My friend and I went to Cafe Lucia last week. I am Portuguese and very proud of my culture and heritage. Cafe Lucia made me very proud. It's got fun ambiance. The food was outstanding. The service was excellent. I can't wait to return. I'm telling all my family and friends about Cafe Lucia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Portuguese RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2014I know Portuguese food. This is a great Portuguese restaurant that not only has excellent food, but also puts you in the right mood with FADO playing in the background. We drove an hour and forty minutes to go to Cafe Lucia for lunch and it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent2dine4Dined on 2/10/2014The food and service were superb. Highly recommend it to everyone. The bread to die for. The fisherman's stew excellent. A new fine for us. Will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Lucia: Hidden Gem HealdsburgzipchipsterDined on 2/6/2014Tucked away behind the Tasting Room of La Crema is a Hidden Gem of Healdsburg. The Ambience, Food, Wine List, and Service are FIRST CLASS! An Evening at Cafe Lucia will Satiate your Senses and allow your Palette a Pleasing Pursuit of Perfect Pairings of Portuguese Wines and Fantastic Creations that represent the Culinary Majesty the Discerning Diner Deserves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agree with other reviews,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Agree with other reviews, that is a gem. Liked it so much went there a second time during my visit to Sonoma. Food was excellent and service was also.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem in Wine CountryDiningSleuthDined on 1/23/2014Cafe Lucia is a hidden gem in Wine Country. They have great flavors, presentation and service; wonderful ambiance; and quiet atmosphere. Their contemporary Portuguese/Azorean cuisine includes slight flavor-twists on familiar foods and uniquely Portuguese dishes. Be sure to plan on their devine desserts. Our favorites include short ribs, feijoada, scallops, caldo verde soup, Sao-George cheese, pulled pork, and piri piri fries. Cafe Lucia is one of the best and most satisfying restaurants we have found in Sonoma and Napa counties. Cafe Lucia is a bit hidden, down an open-air walkway from Healdsburg Avenue next to La Crema. Healdsburg parking is problematic on weekends and special occasions; but Cafe Lucia is worth the walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableKAK2VIPDined on 1/23/2014Stopped here after visiting Dry Creek wineries. Service was casual as was the restaurant. Ate in their outdoor, covered lounge area. Mussels with chourico were good. The waitress recommended adding bacon and avocado to the crab flatbread. The bacon over powered the dish. Overall a good lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Excellent all around. Noisy out of town tourist but not the fault of the restaurant. We are destinationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem: Diamond in the RoughCLJAKOVIPDined on 1/14/2014If you are looking for a great and unique dining experience with great food and service: look no further. We enjoyed the tapa selections as well as the different Portugese wines. This restaurant puts most of the other "well know" and "highly rated" Healdsburg restaurants to shame. Don't miss this hidden gem.Special Features:
- We go to Cafe Lucia often....alwaysSoozDined on 1/11/2014We go to Cafe Lucia often....always enjoy bringing friends or just the two of us. Consistently good food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant in Sonoma areaShigeDined on 1/2/2014This restaurant was amazing! We went with my 2 year old daughter, but everyone was so kind to us. Service is outstanding. Food was really tasty and their house wine was also worth to try. We will visit again definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new years evekimcDined on 12/31/2013Love this Resturant! Great comfort and food. Friendly staff. Great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2HappyDiners22HappyDiners2Dined on 12/31/2013Really nice ambiance, cozy and tucked away off the main street. Wonderful menu, featuring Portuguese dishes. Staff is very gracious and are happy to answer questions about ingredients and seasoning. We had a perfectly grilled baby squid appetizer, main entree of scallops with, I think, homemade pasta and an entree of baked polenta with seasonal vegetables. They make their own bread as well! Our one disappointment was an order of house cured olives which were pitted. No, no, no. Olives do not cure the same way without the pits. This is becoming the norm in many olive bars as well. I am thinking the lawyers have been allowed into the kitchens. Too bad. Other than this please give this little gem a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, with hits and missesCleanyourplateVIPDined on 12/28/2013Cafe Lucia is very good -- but it could be better. Some of the food is just missing the mark, but only just. Some was excellent, but some was out of balance (for example, the fisherman's stew was dominated by the chorico, masking some of the more delicate flavors in the dish. Wine list is interesting, with a number of good-value Portuguese choices. Service was generally good, but sometimes the timing was off (a busser wanted to clear the appetizer plate from the table next to ours, even though there was still a lot of food on it and the people were still eating it).Special Features:
- Delightful....Henrythe8thDined on 12/28/2013This restaurant along with it's sister restaurant La Salette are two of Sonoma County's best and most inventive restaurants. The dishes never fail in flavor, presentation or ingredients. Portuguese food done to this level is one to be reckoned with, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even Better Than BeforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013We have eaten dinner at Cafe Lucia on several occasions. As much as we enjoyed it those times, we found it even better than before this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten in most of theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/26/2013We have eaten in most of the restaurants in Healdsburg but this place is kind of hidden. What a nice surprise. We all chose Portuguese specialties and wine. Our east coast visitor really enjoyed it the food and the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team LunchTeamAndyDined on 12/19/2013I took my office team to Cafe Lucia for our annual Christmas lunch and it was perfect. My team members had never been there before and they loved it. The carrot-ginger soup was excellent and the BACALHAU no FORNO was delicious. The FEIJOADA COMPLETA, ARROZ á VALENCIANA, "FISH & CHIPS," PASTA WITH SEARED DAY BOAT SCALLOPS were huge hits at the table. And it was all perfectly paired with a Portugese wine Docil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem In HealdsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/11/2013Cafe Lucia serves fabulous Portugese food and wine in a beautiful, but hidden spot in Healdsburg. It's just south of the square on Healdsburg Ave., but you need to look for the sign, and head down the nondescript hallway to find their private patio and dining room. Once there, plenty of treasures await. The chef always sends out pre- and post-dinner nibbles, the appetizers and mains are generous and delicious, and the desserts always go well with a port wine flight. And while no meal is complete without bread, their house-made rolls are treat - I've even eaten them for dessert! Check them out - the extra half-block will be well rewarded. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite FoodajarenDined on 12/7/2013Exquisite food, beautiful ambiance, friendly and well informed staff. Love the fact that it is locally owned restaurant, beer is great, husband and I will make this place our date night destination :) .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013This is our favorite restaurant in Healdsburg. The food is terrific. We love it. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Great, authentic PortugueseDerekDined on 11/23/2013We were warmly welcomed into this nice spot, hidden down a narrow hallway/laneway on the main street in Healdsburg. It's worth finding this place! We ordered and enjoyed Caldo Verde, Bolinhos de Bacalhau, Sardinhas Assadas and Caldeirada. All of the dishes were spot-on authentic and flavorful. Oh, and the Caramel Trio dessert was heavenly. We were very happy with our whole experience and will return the next time we make it to Healdsburg.Special Features:
- discover this gem...HolmesonHealdsburgDined on 11/23/2013As indicated above, the food was outstanding; ditto the service. It is an excellent place to go if you actually want to have a conversation. I only gave four stars for ambience as our table was too close to the table next to us. So much so that their server was noticeably challenged in delivering their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.