Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
5733 Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $31 to $50
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://bongoscubancafe.com/hollywood.html
- Phone: 8009370010
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Located at Seminole Paradise at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL., Bongos Cuban Café draws its inspiration from classic Cuban supper clubs. The multi-level restaurant, lounge and bar boasts a 7,000 square foot indoor restaurant, a 5,000 square foot rooftop lounge with a 360-degree unobstructive view of the entire property and 2 outdoor patios. Inside of the main 7,000 square foot restaurant, guests will experience a chic yet comfortable atmosphere, with white tables and seats which are layered with different textures; polished dark mahogany panels throughout the restaurant; the two-sided main bar (one side features a stage on top of it while the other side extends to the outside of the venue) and a 20 foot window that allows guests to see into a one-of-a-kind custom-made vertical flame rotisserie. Twin glass elevators ascend to the magnificant rooftop lounge adorned with private cabanas and plush lounge seating where guests can enjoy libations under the stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Bongos Cuban Cafe - Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (16)hot spot (16)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Saturday NightOriginaljpDined on 11/9/2013The food, service and atmosphere was awesome. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad servicehersheyDined on 11/8/2013our waitress, though friendly, was not attentive at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday dinnerYisselVFDined on 11/6/2013Awesome for groups. It was a great bar scene, tables beautifully set up for large and small parties. The mojitos come in great mixed flavors, and are sold by the glass and by the pitcher ... We had the passion fruits mojitos. The music was good and the service was confident and friendly.Special Features:
- It was a great experienceJckvalentinDined on 11/2/2013We had sooo much fun, the only thing that was not a wow , was the food. But other than that the atmosphere, the music was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedkmf1VIPDined on 11/2/2013We were really looking forward to trying this restaurant. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and quickly escorted to our table. After that, it all went down hill. The place was busy but not packed. Server took forever to take drink order and took even longer to deliver. We started with the sampler platter which was nothing special. Unfortunately, it took so long to get a second drink, we decided not to tempt fate and order dinner, so we left. Perhaps, we were there on a bad night. We will definitely try again. The room has a good vibe and all the markings of a hot spot. We just didn't feel it on this particular evening.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!!!DeeStoneDined on 10/31/2013This gem is a place that you can go to and really enjoy not only the EXCELLENTLY prepared food, portions that I (food for people who have no interest in watching their weight and I'm not heavy). The chef/s, know what they are doing and seem to make it their duty to give each guests based on my observation, beautifully prepared food. The hostess that took care of me, I say hostess because she was most attentive and made the experience even better. Her name is Abby. Try it for yourself. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place but last timeVicQDined on 10/25/2013Love this place but last time I was there service was bad. 20min to get drinks and food was not as good as normal. I hope it was just a bad night.Special Features:
- Classybonitaangelita10Dined on 10/25/2013Classy. The meals and drinks are pricey but worth it. There is live entertainment and even a magician went around at the end of peoples meals and did amazing tricks personally. The waiters are professional; a great upscale place for a first date as well :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the tripphilVIPDined on 10/12/2013I visited 6 months ago. The food was good. I wish I could say the same now. The shredded Chicken was over cooked and inconsumable. The drinks good. I suggest sit at the bar, drink and go somewhere else for food. We did inform the waiter of the dryness of the chicken, he said that it is cooked on a hot pan and dry's out fast!! There seems to be a policy of calling twice on the day of your reservation to ensure your coming. They told me both times of there policy of not holding the reservation > 15 min. I am not a kid and having 2 calls is wrong. Finally, when we were seated, after 1.5 hours of service, the place was pretty much empty, so the call just enforced in my mind the lack of professional with this kind of policy. I will not return
- The decor and ambience wereSoSadDined on 10/5/2013The decor and ambience were great. The service was soso. But the food was very poor. Charged $2 for a very small portion of black beans. Which is a Latin staple for any meal. We where very disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food, but ceiling leaks!candaceDined on 10/4/2013Always enjoy Bongos but unfortunately in this Hollywood Florida local the ceiling leaks in many spots. I have been their twice and both times we had to change our tables. I think it must be the air-conditioning system but IDK... and hate to think that stuff is falling in our plates of food! Still like it a lot here though - just watch where you sit!Special Features:
- FoodGunnerDined on 9/29/2013Ordered a few entrees and i was not impressed. Specifically the lobster criolla, the lobster was over cooked and couldnt enjoy it. I told the server and he said he would tell the chefs and that was it. Not worth the $38.00.
- Great spotMschineyDined on 9/28/2013Great for dinner, birthday celebration or just hanging out with your crew. Live music and great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experienceApacheDined on 9/28/2013The location gave romantic atmosphere, have eaten in a lot of Latin places but the foods and service was unbelievable. I was looking for place to surprise my girlfriend and her parent by proposing to her in a romantic place. Now I find it , can't wait for the next visit to make it happenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoundTamaracDined on 9/28/2013Couldn't hear my husband talk because the music was way too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large groupHungry14Dined on 9/27/2013The service was terrible! They do not split checks and We were accused for not paying for a dish, however, we ended up overpaying the bill by $26 on top of the $75 gratuity that was not deserved. There was only one waiter for our group of 14 people & we were left without drink refills for long periods of time. He took a long time with drinks, order taking, refills and bringing the checks. My group agreed that the food was tasty, however, we should have had 2 waiters serving the large group. Bongos really needs to find a way to split checks for large groups as that was one of the single most things that my group felt negatively about & will remember the hassle it was to get our tabs paid. Good food even though there wasn't a lot variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Managment/ServicekklopezDined on 9/26/2013the girl called to confirm my reservations, told me that it was going to be ladies night... and girls drink free till midnight. it was a lie. the bar and manager didn't know what we were talking about when we asked about it. there was no music playing.. it was rather quiet for a Thursday night.Special Features:
- Not impressedLilyDined on 9/26/2013I decided to go to bongos at the hard rock to celebrate my fathers bday I thought he would enjoy it which he did but the food was not at all to our satisfaction I thought it was me considering I have a chef as a husband but it turns out our 10 guests had the same opinion as I did . I really love Cuban food and know what to expect but this was at all what I expected no taste small portion super expensive and took forever to get our food and the restaurant was empty as we went on a Thursday . I have heard from ppl that didn't like it but hoped they had a different chef
- New managementAtrogonsDined on 9/22/2013My wife and went there a year ago for her birthday party. So when we got back into town. We wanted to go there again. Well the last time we went the food was awesome it was a great time. Will this time we went we noticed it was dead compare to the other times we have gone to it but we were like ok there was a game going on. We'll we sat down server was really nice and knew her menu which was nice. So we ordered and there were a ton of changes compared to the last times we went. Well we asked and our waitress was like there is new management. no Plantain chips for free or the pallet cleansing ice. The food wasn't good at all and the only thing that was good were the mojito's still really good. But won't go back for the tasteless food.
- Great ambianceAlexDined on 9/21/2013Overall is a good place to party but eat first, food is okay and the service is not outstanding although the employees are very nice and amicable. Music is pretty good but it is not as latin as the one in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGineprincessDined on 9/21/2013The service was good- except our waitress forgot to put in the appetizer order... so we never got to try the ceviche. Otherwise- she was great. Food was really bland (especially the black beans), rice was hard and chicken was SUPER dry. We asked for Mojo to liven up the food, but it tasted like synthetic sour orange juice. The seafood Criollo was delish and so was the Abuela Maria Ice Cream. Unless we specifically want those dishes though- don't think we will go back. We can get authentic tasting Cuban food a lot cheaper somewhere else. The ambiance is nice- definitely makes you think you are at Miami Beach.
- Great for DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2013The was not as good as I would of thought. Great for drinks and dancing. Had to return some of my meal.Special Features:
- DisgraceJcr4Dined on 9/19/2013We tried the Tour of Cuba. This way we could get a taste of different items on the menu at once. Everything was terrible in taste. It was a disgrace to Cuban food. It's a shame because the restaurant is very pretty, romantic mood lighting & decor was great and the service was good. All the restaurant needs is a true Cuban Chef. Also, the food was cold when it arrived at the table. "The icing on the cake" was that I was charged an extra $2. for black beans. $2. for a very, very , very small portion served on a tiny dipping sauce plate. Worst of all they tasted like canned beans. I will not be recommending this restaurant and I will not be eating here again.Special Features:
- Alittle disappointeddanbdayDined on 9/18/2013I was alittle disappointed in my reservations. I made a reservation for my husband birthday for just the two of us. We sat at the middle of the restaurant. Also I stated in the reservation that I wanted a surprise bday sing a song with a slice of cake. It didn't happen until I let someone know. I couldn't tell the waiter because it ruin the surprise. Other than that it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmmyyy!!Dimples529Dined on 9/15/2013As I expected the food was great and the restaurant is very nice. Our waiter Manuel was AMAZING!!!! So nice and inviting. Prices are reasonable for dining in S.Florida. I definitely will be going back again. Only complaint is I wish they had free bread and a wider varietyfor their seafood options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2013Went to celebrate a friend's birthday, but was generally disappointed. The "lobby" was a mess and the greeting was lukewarm. They sat us in the first seat they reached, even though it was not the best location. If you request bread, there is a $3. charge and a cup of tea is $5.00, one tea bag and hot water. I had charrasco, which was good, but the fish was definitely not well prepared. We were splashed with big drops of water, probably from the a/c' but the waitress never offered to move us. The meal was fairly priced, but the extras were out of line. Will not go back.
- Great night98563214VIPDined on 9/14/2013Food and service were an A+. Will be sure to recommend and go again.Special Features:
- Not coming backDinerloveDined on 9/1/2013I've eaten at Bongos in Miami and Orlando and they were great this was the first time at the one at the Hard Rock. The food was very bland and not what I've had at previous Bongos. Our waitress was okay and when we complained about the food she said they just hired a new chef and he had changed recipes. We also did not like the fact that gratuity is added for a party of two that is absurd don't tell me how much I need to tip I will decide that depending on the service I receive. Needless to say we will never come back to this Bongos no wonder it was half empty at 9pm.Special Features:
- Rhythm is gonna get youMojitoDeliciosoDined on 8/31/2013Bongos gives dinners (and club goers) the South Beach feel, but with half the drive and no fee for parking. The Calle Ocho Mojitos are fantastic, as was the bean dip, and fried yucca. It's nice to have vegetarian-friendly options other than cheese! By 10:30pm on a Saturday night, Bongos has a live DJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great music!Cuba4lifDined on 8/31/2013If you love Cuban food and music, you must go to Bongos at the Hardrock! Food was delicious! Service was great! The best part is that after you eat you can burn calories by dancing to the music they play!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LIKED VERY GOOD NICE SEAFOODBethBarreto77VIPDined on 8/30/2013I LIKED VERY GOOD NICE SEAFOOD PLATE, YUCA AND PLANTATION BANANA. VERY GOOD FOOD!!!Special Features:
- Exceptional ExperiencedivinefoodsDined on 8/28/2013It was our first visit, we visited from GA, however the entire experience was wonderful. the restaurant was exquisite inside and out. Location was great. I will definitely visit again. Most of all the food was delicious with every bite. My husband was very pleased with his entree and so was I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boring foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2013The appetizer trio has cold papa rellenos and yucca with no flavor, the steak too dry to finish and I was splitting it with my husband, the dessert was interesting to say the least. My server brought me new rellenos, ignored my comment on the dry steak and disappeared while I was waiting on my bill.Special Features:
- bday celebrationamericubanDined on 8/24/2013Had a great dining experience! Food was great, our server Kristie was awsome! I loved the fusion of traditional cuban dishes done-up in a modern, fresh way. Can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice a seafood, and yoca,BethBarreto77VIPDined on 8/23/2013Very nice a seafood, and yoca, ceviche very good! everything nice!!!Special Features:
- No food plsDin42Dined on 8/18/2013The food was very disappointing. I ordered basic things which are hard to mess up and it was just not good. May be a better place for social drinks or music gathering.Special Features:
- Too expensiveJen316Dined on 8/18/2013Have had better food at Havanas in Cooper City. Bongos is way overpriced!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerLadyleoDined on 8/14/2013I went to Bongos for my birthday dinner. Made a reservation online, but was a little late arriving so I had a bit of a wait but not too long. The restaurant was not busy at all, maybe because it was a Wednesday night, but the decor has a very chic Miami-esque feel to it. It was a group of 10 of us, service was decent but it took way to long just to get drinks and for our food considering how non-busy it was. Food was eh, I ordered the sautéed chicken with yellow rice. Everything was dry and bland, needed to ask for some sort of sauce on the side just so I wouldn't choke. This place is WAYY overpriced for what it is.Special Features:
- I LIKED, VERY NICE , FOODBethBarreto77VIPDined on 8/9/2013I LIKED, VERY NICE , FOOD VERY GOOD CUBAN CUISINE, SERVICE 10.Special Features:
- FunnikkimaDined on 8/9/2013Overall a good time. Wish portions would have been bigger and that there would have been salsa music as the website promised, so a little disappointed. Thought we could have danced a little. Cojito drink is AMAZING!Special Features: